• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I have something amazing coming up. A giant post detailing which direction that I believe the Zelda series should take. A bit different that what we see now, and I think you guys will be pleased with it once I post it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have something amazing coming up. A giant post detailing which direction that I believe the Zelda series should take. A bit different that what we see now, and I think you guys will be pleased with it once I post it.
Darn you Skyler! I was planning on writing my own up, coincidentally. But don't get me wrong, I'm very excited to see what you cook up.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings

Spire

III
BRoomer
I saw that on reddit this morning. And I saw this just this afternoon: http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/chefelf/gam_zel_items.shtml

It's good for a few laughs, and has some epic quotes. I'm a big fan of the bits on the raft and the compass.
I'm digging the fact that he spells Ganon as "Gannon". A true guide to the original Legend of Zelda; not bringing in any information released afterwards (like the correct spelling).

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'm digging the fact that he spells Ganon as "Gannon". A true guide to the original Legend of Zelda; not bringing in any information released afterwards (like the correct spelling).
I noticed that, too. I see people misspell Ganon as "Gannon" all of the time it seems. Where do they get that from? EDIT: I thought of an answer: Probably all of the people who have already misspelled it as "Gannon".

Spire

III
BRoomer
I noticed that, too. I see people misspell Ganon as "Gannon" all of the time it seems. Where do they get that from? EDIT: I thought of an answer: Probably all of the people who have already misspelled it as "Gannon".
They get it from the original Legend of Zelda. In the introduction, it mispells the name as Gannon (though at the time, I suppose that may have been considered correct).

But the majority of people don't know about that today. I think it's mainly a combination of:
a) [like you said] people see other people mispell it, and..
b) they naturally compare the name to the word "cannon", so two n's are used instead.

Spire

III
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUAYO7Zyydk

I just... I... well, you'll understand. Wait no, you won't understand. I don't understand, and I've seen the video. All I can say is that Japan is... strange.
Ahh yes, I remember this. I first saw it about 6 years ago on stupidvideos.com. Why that made it onto a website for stupid videos, I don't know, because it's undeniably amazing.

Speaking of Zelda commercials, anyone remember the Oracle of Ages/Seasons one? It's... holy mackerel, just watch it: awesome.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Ahh yes, I remember this. I first saw it about 6 years ago on stupidvideos.com. Why that made it onto a website for stupid videos, I don't know, because it's undeniably amazing.

Speaking of Zelda commercials, anyone remember the Oracle of Ages/Seasons one? It's... holy mackerel, just watch it: awesome.
Whoa, if only the game really looked that amazing!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Wow. It's been a while since I've been here. Nice to see Zelda is still being talked about by familiar faces. Spire. Skyler. The new game better have a MasterQuest mode. Anyone?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
:link:
Wow. It's been a while since I've been here. Nice to see Zelda is still being talked about by familiar faces. Spire. Skyler. The new game better have a MasterQuest mode. Anyone?
Yes, it should! It should also include a Boss-Battle mode, since generally Zelda games don't allow the player to replay bosses.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If a Zelda movie were ever to be made, here are some potential locations for Lake Hylia to be filmed at:

Katmai National Park (this one feels so much like Hyrule, it's ridiculous)

Lake Powell (this is where the landing scene in the original Planet of the Apes was shot)

Click here for another image

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Epic stuff, Spire. I believe we actually talked about actor casting a while back, didn't we?

I'd love to participate in a discussion like this, so maybe I'll look up some potential filming spots and post them here as well. :bee:

Btw, out of those two areas, I prefer the first.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Katmai looks too snowy and Powell looks too desert-y. They're still rather beautiful, though. I'll search for a lake that I think would be better suited later tonight...

Scott!

Smash Lord
I like them. They're very Zelda-esque, right down to the walls around the lake that are made to be too steep so you can't get out most of the way around. :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Lake Hylia was next to both the Snowpeak Mountains* and Gerudo Desert. Go figure.

* = well, they were more northward, closer to Zora's Domain, but it was all kind of in the same vicinity.

Alzi

Smash Master
I bought link to the past on GBA the one that has four swords included on it.

Was just wondering is four swords on gamcube a remake of the original four swords or was that the actual thing?

Scott!

Smash Lord
No, the GCN game is Four Swords Adventures, and is a different game. They're actually the only canon Zelda games I haven't played, unless that obscure Game & Watch one counts. I don't have anyone to play FS with, and I don't know where my GBA and link cable are even if I did. I just use my DS for GBA games nowadays. And I don't own FSA, which is a problem.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I bought link to the past on GBA the one that has four swords included on it.

Was just wondering is four swords on gamcube a remake of the original four swords or was that the actual thing?
Four Swords Adventures on the Gamecube is an expanded idea of Four Swords. Because of this, some people don't consider Four Swords to be canon, while some others do. FSA is a far more in-depth game with a concrete story, a fair amount of dungeons, bosses, items, everything. While it's definitely a follow-up to FS on the GBA, it's kind of a spiritual successor to ALttP.

Alzi

Smash Master
Ahh ok.

So four swords on the GBA is an actual zelda game? If it is then it's weird how they release it with link to the past instead of a brand new game by itself.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ahh ok.

So four swords on the GBA is an actual zelda game? If it is then it's weird how they release it with link to the past instead of a brand new game by itself.
No, FSA on the Gamecube is an actual Zelda. FS on the GBA with ALttP is just a bonus game, built on the actual "progressive levels system", where rather than venturing around Hyrule, you run through dungeon by dungeon, getting as high of a score as possible. It plays more like a 4-player board game than a Legend of Zelda.

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh so it doesn't have a final boss and temples and things like that it's just a fun bonus thing.

Sounds cool. Thanks for that guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom