• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never played Powered Up because it was on PSP.

Never had a PSP or knew anyone who had one for very long

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found out about the book "Mega Man the complete official works". They have different books per series of Mega Man. I decided to get the mainstream universe only, since it's the only one I really care about. I like the gameplay in the X series, but the characters aren't as memorable.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I find the characters in Mega Man X kinda more annoying. Especially Mega Man X himself who becomes more whiny as the series progresses.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I figured his Up Special would be something involving Rush. Most likely Rush Coil.

Speaking of, what if his FS was the Super Adapter from MM7?

Dub24M

Smash Rookie
If megaman is put in then I would like to really see him with zero just so he isn't alone everyone should have at least 1 other playable person from there game to smash with them example Roy and Marth fire emblem characters

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If megaman is put in then I would like to really see him with zero just so he isn't alone everyone should have at least 1 other playable person from there game to smash with them example Roy and Marth fire emblem characters
Wha? None of this makes sense. There are a number of characters in Smash who are solo reps. Also, why the Fire Emblem example? And why Roy?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, if we had to get a second MM character, I think it should be Zero. or Maybe someone from Legends or EXE.

Edit: BTW, totally not opposed to Zero AT btw.
If it's X, maybe Zero.

But if it's Mega Man, Bass or Blues would fit better.

I'd prefer Mega Man

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, bass makes a better antihero/ rival/ partner to me.

Then again, I prefer the mainstream title series more in pretty much every aspect except the improvements in gameplay

D

Deleted member

If there were to be two Mega Man characters, it should be either Mega Man & Proto Man, X & Zero or even Rock & Roll. I wouldn't hate Mega Man & Zero, but that'd be very off-putting.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's wrong with Rock and Forte?

That'd be a lot cooler, since Blues is basically just Rock with a shield

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I guess it's personal taste overall. Mega Man and Proto Man however have the definitive partnership role going for them, despite the latter being spiteful of Dr. Light and temporarily allied with Dr. Wily.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just really like the Forte/ Gospel fusion

Looks awesome

Edit: Of course there is always my favorite Robot Master

shobee23.117

Smash Rookie
Any chance you guys think zero might make it in? In many other games where megaman should have been, capcom thought zero instead....so...

D

Deleted member

SNK was in charge of that one, so I feel it was more their decision than Capcom's.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
SNK was in charge of that one, so I feel it was more their decision than Capcom's.
Eh, point. Though I reiterate: nobody cares about SvC Chaos.

Anyway, by "many games" I think it just butthurt MM fans making the problems with the franchise seem worse than they are.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I had a like 30 page reply to all of this that ****ing smashboards deleted because it's ****ing stupid and logged me out while I was typing it up, and apparently I logged back in.

I even had a moveset for megaman that involved every single move other than neutral B as a robot master move. Two of them were from the MMV for the Gameboy.

Hi I'm MegaRobMan and I'm megaman obsessed.

I am the SWF #1 megaman player, with m2k being #2 and I have an open challenge to anyone who disagrees with these rankings. M2K is the only person on this thread that I have seen who has impressed me with his skills, but even he puts himself at #2.

Nebraska has it's own megaman forum

I speed run megaman hacks for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ultramegablobman

To the point where I receive messages from people who make rom hacks, thanking me for not doing the 2nd half of their game because I completely ruin them for other people.

I'm gonna try and go back and resay when I said, but it's not gonna be as good.

Megaman should have been a sure-thing for Brawl, yet here we are.

Shrug, I'm cautiously optimistic. But I'll change the title as requested :)
The title has nothing to do with megaman as a person, it's an x series reference.

I want the Mega Ball.
Die

Let's talk music

The obvious ones are the Megaman 2 Main theme (which was his MVC1 theme BTW), Wily's Castle and Cut Man's theme (used by chubby Megs in SFXT)
WHY would you support people putting in the 2 most overplayed themes of all of the megaman universe? Wily 2-1 specifically :(

Well thank you.

And yeah, I knew that. "Is able to speed run MM1. Has a high score of 2 Million+." :p
Would you want to MM speed run race me? I've asked people all over this website if they would want to, even for free, and people are scared.

Preferably no select button usage, unless you want me to break the world record on you.

If not I'd like to see a video of you playing the game.

Also you can beat the yellow devil in 2 turns if you use the pause button instead of the select button. You have to take damage and jump to get the beams to scroll of the stage faster, but you can do it.

As much as Classic Mega Man is a great fit for Smash, MegaMan.EXE would be a superb choice too.
I hope you drown in the shower.

You know what would be cool. A Megaman only fighting game, similar to smash but only Megaman characters... I'd play it.
That's what I thought SFxMM would be.

This needs to be done...to commemorate the lost of our beloved Megaman Legends 3

I'm vomiting.

Of course, I've never played any of the Mega Man titles, so I wouldn't really know what to think.

BTW for a stage, anyone else think that Magnet Blocks are a must?
That'd be awesome but the stage wouldn't be legal.

I think we should all agree Mega Man should have Zero's sword... and maybe X's wall jumping abilities! :shades:
Ugh................................

I think the "Smash Masters" idea could be implemented in the story mode as a homage to the Megaman games.

Basically in the story mode there are robotic knock offs of the original 8 characters from Super Smash Bros, each guarding a fortress from intruders in separate rooms. Basically you need to defeat them all in any order to progress, similar to the recurring boss rush feature in Dr. Wily's Castle.

I even came up with parody names of the robots.

Jump Man
Gorilla Man
Dino Man
Blade Man
Copy Man
Bounty Women
Mouse Mon
Fox Man
I like this idea but blade man was in mm10.

Since people keep talking about giving the Smash Bros. veterans Robot Master names, I have to post some old art of mine!

I drew this one more recently, based off Sakurai's comments on limiting the roster for Smash Bros. 4.

This one is an older (and larger) drawing, and features more veterans as Robot Masters.

I originally wanted to finish it off and make it look like this promo art for Marvel Vs. Capcom, but I never did!
This is tight.

JK: You mean Thunder Beam? Yeah. I consider it Megaman's weakness since it kills in two hits if fired by Elecman.
3 hits. It kills you in 3 hits. it does 10 damage, megaman has 28. Elecman himself does 4 damage.

Thunder Beam, Elect Blast... we all know the attack I'm talking about. It's freaking awesome! Two directions at once?
3. Three directions at once. Forward, up and down.

I'm for Mega Man being included. THE Mega Man. Rock.
If he gets in, I hope they just call him "Rock".

Also a bit of a fun fact related to this, but unused sprites in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters show that Mega Man was capable of performing the Hadouken.
I did not know that.

I'm not a fan of hacks but I think I'll try and download it.
You clearly haven't played Minus Infinity. It's probably honestly the best megaman game ever made.

Here, go here.

http://rockman2ips.tripod.com/index_en.html

As far as "state of the art" MM hacks

MM1-Claw
MM2-Too many.
MM3-There aren't any true state of the art mm3 hacks, but Battle of Gamma for music, Against the World for impossible game.
MM4-Minus Infinity (you can jump out of slide IN THE WATER, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!)
MM5-Airsliding
MM6-They don't have Master X available for download here, and that sucks because it's the only 6 hack where they allow you to jump out of slide and they fixed a lot of the control problems I have), but there isn't a true one.

I have an idea, lets have the same 8 songs that everyone has heard a billion times in the game and make another new remix of it!
Seriously, I am sick of hearing the same ****ing songs being chosen to represent the seires and then be remixed or covered by nerds who suck at video games and only like the music from stages they can make it to. I realize that Cossack 2 is probably the best song in the game (Diveman be damned) but the world doesn't need another god damned remix of that song, let alone #3000000 of Wily 2-1.

If there were to be Mega Man X music, I'm very much hoping for some Blaze Heatrix. Packs so much awesome into one song and is one of my favorite in the entire series..
The X-hunters new album might have that song on it.

Even though that game is worse than megaman 7, it still has an awesome sound track.

But in all seriousness, my favorite of the Robot Masters would have to be Pharaoh Man. I find the characters in Mega Man X kinda more annoying. Especially Mega Man X himself who becomes more whiny as the series progresses.
I agree with your opinions here so you are forgiven.

Again, the first post was way more elitist sounding and had a full moveset for megaman.

I'm sorry smashboards sucks and you couldn't read it in it's entirety but I have to go watch the K-state Oregon game right now.

Peace out Mega Man fans, and please stop pissing me off.

Seriously. If I heard another person say that Mega Man is dead, I'll cut my own throat.

HE'S HAD 3 8-BIT GAMES COME OUT THE LAST 4 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S ASTONISHING AND AWESOME!

Edit: Also, Kish, is there gonna be another FC?

Intelligence!

Smash Rookie
If Megaman does get in, I will be sad if the Metal Blades are not in his moveset. I mean, it's the first truely broken weapon in gaming history. It's gotta happen.

Intelligence!

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone has already brought this up in here as I haven't read all the replies, but Megaman could take a very Kirby take on smash bros but in megaman style. By this I man when megaman gets a kill, he takes a part for an upgrade. ex. Megaman kills mario, use down B to switch your gun to a fireball cannon, he then kills Ness, you can use down B again to switch to a tazer like weapon. But you still have the ability to go back to the fireball cannon as in as he kills, he gets stronger. Things like Killing Rob(I hope hes not in ssb4 though) and getting metal blades or killing kirby and getting an air gun would make for a versatile fighter.
I second this. I bestow upon this individual a medal for his genius.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I second this. I bestow upon this individual a medal for his genius.
Everyone on the internet has thought of that...since before Brawl was released.

I personally hate the idea of mega man gaining powers like that. Mario isn't a robot, so why would mega man be able to gain his powers?

D

Deleted member

Onslaught wasn't a robot either, yet Mega Man was able to "obtain" Magnetic Shockwave from him in his ending of Marvel vs. Capcom.
(Though one version of the game actually HAD him obtain it as a secret move once he got his ending.)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally got around to making a moveset, I borrowed from MvC and SFxT for standard moves. Tried to keep the RM weapons within MM1 but stuff like the Charge Kick and Top Spin are just too perfect to leave out.

Mega Man (Classic)

Attributes: His weight and falling speed are the same as Wolf. Air mobility the same as the Ice Climbers. Walking speed is like Samus, while dashing is like Mario.

Playstyle: For the most part the Blue Bomber plays in a similar vein to how he has in the past with projectiles that can cover many situations and are great for pressure but at the same time require a lot know how in order to use to their full potential. His recovery is weird in that he can gain a 3rd jump due to his Mega Ball. Keeping true to his games his biggest weakness is that he's a fast faller with poor aerial mobility which leaves him with a poor aerial game and open to chain grabs. Overall he's a character with a high but rewarding learning curve.

Neutral Special - Mega Buster - Launches up to 3 shots at once, can also be charged for additional damage. Only 3 shots can be out at once (goes 1/2 screen), has a slight ending lag in order to prevent rapid fire in close quarters. Rapid shots do 1%, half charged do 10%, full charged do 16%.

Side Special - Mega Ball - Summons a ball to the field that can be hit. Only one ball can be out at once. Can be jumped upon for a footstool jump (if done in the air it only works once). If the side special is hit while the ball is out, if connect causes the ball to automatically launch at a 45 degree angle. Note that opponents can also use the ball themselves for attacking or their own footstool. Damage depends on how it was hit, deals 12% if done as a Side Special.

Up Special - Rush Coil - Same as Sonic's Spring, but only launches 3/4 of the distance and Rush doesn't remain out afterwards to deal damage/let opponent use it. If done on stage Rush appears next to Mega Man rather than under, and can at that point be used by opponents, disappearing after one use.

Down Special - Weapon Switch - Switches the Neutral Special to one of the following other weapons in order (can only be done if the Neutral Special is already in use):

1. Rolling Cutter - Launches a boomerang like projectile that launches at a slightly high angle, that after going it's full range (1/4 stage) returns in an opposite slightly lower angle. Unlike most projectiles it can go through opponents (though that can be prevented by shielding). After launching it leaves the user in a slight delayed state (think ZZS's Paralizer). Easy to punish but great for combos. Does very minor knockback. Deals 7% per hit.

2. Ice Slasher - Launches a slow moving wave of ice that stuns grounded opponents briefly. It it hits it goes through the opponent (stops if blocked), only 3 can be out at once until it disappears (at 1/2 screen). Deals 5%.

3. Thunder Beam - Launches a long, narrow beam of electricity that goes 1/3 screen. Also fires two smaller beams straight up and down 1/6 of the screen, they deal no knockback and do not cause flinching. Is the closest thing to a basic projectile. Has noticeable ending lag. Deals fairly good knockback. Deals 10%, the smaller beams deal 4%.

Final Smash - Super Rush Adaptor - Summons and fuses with Rush for 20 seconds. Adds a third jump. Cannot use any special attacks besides Neutral Special, turns the charged Mega Buster shot into the Mega Arm. The Mega Arm homes in on opponents for major knockback/damage, has a boomerang effect when it returns making it harder to dodge. Provides complete super armor. Deals 30% per hit with the Mega Arm.

AA - Does a small punch, followed by a slight uppercut. Deals 3% then 4%.
Forward Tilt - Does a strong punch. Average Knockback. Deals 6%.
Up Tilt - Does a handstand kick that throws opponents up in the air. Good for juggling. Deals 7%.
Down Tilt - Does a slide that can hit grounded opponents. Lowers his hitbox similar to a crawl. Does have a very slight ending lag to keep it from being a true crawl and from spamming. Deals 5%.
Dash Attack - Does a slide similar to Mario's Dash. It also lowers his hitbox, but has very noticeable ending lag. Deals 6%.

Neutral Air - Does a sex kick. Good for gimping. Deals 10%.
Forward Air - Does a basic forward punch similar to Samus's Forward Air. Has the best knockback of the aerials. Deals 12%.
Up Air - Does a small uppercut, good for juggling. Deals 11%.
Down Air - Top Spin - Does a spining full body twirl. Can do a meteor smash similar to Kirby's Down Air. Deals 3% per hit for a total of 15%.
Back Air - Does a basic backwards kick. Average Knockback. Deals 11%.

Forward Smash - Hard Knuckle - Launches a projectile shaped like a fist forward. Can be slightly angled. Has huge start up and ending lag, but deals a large amount of knockback. Only goes a 1 1/2 characters in front of him. Deals 20-26%.
Up Smash - Mega Uppercut - Does a shoryuken like uppercut. Raises him up in the air like Wolf's Up Smash. Is the most reliable Smash and Kill Move. Deals 18-23%.
Down Smash - Charge Kick - A stronger version of his Down Tilt, moves him forward like Wolf's Forward Smash with similar ending lag. It also lowers his hitbox slightly. Deals 15-20%.

Pummel - Does a basic kick. Deals 2%.
Forward Throw - Super Arm - Throws the opponent straight forward, very little lag. Has a fixed throw distance starting off however to prevent chain throws. Great for spacing. Deals 12%.
Up Throw - Tosses the opponent up like Mario's Up Throw. Deals 9%.
Down Throw - Judo throws the opponent onto the ground, causes the opponent to fly forward. Deals 8%.
Back Throw - Super Arm - Same as Forward Throw. Deals 12%.

Other:
Can Wall Jump

Taunts:
1. MvC Taunt
2. Summons and pets Rush
3. Takes off helmet and does MM2 pose.

Costumes:
Red/Gray - Support items/Protoman
Green - Quint
Black/Yellow - Bass
Light Gray - Rolling Cutter
Yellow - Thunder Beam