• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3aky Fight3r

Smash Rookie
Just to be honest, I was never really found of the Megaman games nor Capcom because I just never found any of their games really interesting to me nor I couldn't get interested on wanting to try out any of their games.

Also from what I've been hearing recently the fanbases of some of the games including Megaman's seems like it's a giant drama war zone and extreme mind hive hatred.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You will be assimilated, or you shall be terminated.

Resistance is futile.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just to be honest, I was never really found of the Megaman games nor Capcom because I just never found any of their games really interesting to me nor I couldn't get interested on wanting to try out any of their games.

Also from what I've been hearing recently the fanbases of some of the games including Megaman's seems like it's a giant drama war zone and extreme mind hive hatred.
IMO, classic Mega Man and Mega Man X games are the best in the franchise. I just avoid the Mega Man fanbase. They are like the Sonic fanbase, though not as insane but they appear to be more whiny. Not all Capcom crossover games have to have a Mega Man. Do I want Mega Man in Smash, sure. He would be pretty cool. Would I be butthurt if Mega Man is not playable in Smash? No, because I understand that Smash is primarily a Nintendo crossover game and it doesn't need to have Mega Man.

:phone:

Fr3aky Fight3r

Smash Rookie
IMO, classic Mega Man and Mega Man X games are the best in the franchise. I just avoid the Mega Man fanbase. They are like the Sonic fanbase, though not as insane but they appear to be more whiny. Not all Capcom crossover games have to have a Mega Man. Do I want Mega Man in Smash, sure. He would be pretty cool. Would I be butthurt if Mega Man is not playable in Smash? No, because I understand that Smash is primarily a Nintendo crossover game and it doesn't need to have Mega Man.

Ok so I'm guessing that the Mega Man fanbase is the sister of the Sonic fanbase?

I took a try out of the first Mega Man game and I thought it was frustrating from trying to get to end of the level. Even though I'm a very experienced Metroid player and how the game is set out. So yeah I'm still not that interested in the franchise. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Would you want a Nintendo crossover without Mario, or a Sega crossover without Sonic?

I wouldn't

Fr3aky Fight3r

Smash Rookie
Would you want a Nintendo crossover without Mario, or a Sega crossover without Sonic?

I wouldn't
Herd about that Capcom, SEGA, and Namco crossover that's on the 3Ds in Japan? Because it doesn't have both Sonic nor Pac Man. I don't see anyone crying about the two not being in it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, and if it comes stateside I'm not planning on getting it

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I took a try out of the first Mega Man game and I thought it was frustrating from trying to get to end of the level. Even though I'm a very experienced Metroid player and how the game is set out. So yeah I'm still not that interested in the franchise. :p
The first Mega Man kinda sucks. :troll:

But if difficulty is a problem for you, then honestly I don't see you enjoying any of the games(especially not the classic series). Maybe try some of the easier ones(MM5&6 come to mind).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If those games are tough for you, try Kirby Epic Yarn. It might be your thing

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I hope you have your flame shields up, not that they'll do you much good. :smirk:
I speak the truth. :troll:

Really, though, it's not exactly great. There's a lot of unpolished stuff(no passwords/saving, difficulty is ridiculous even for Megaman, and the controls aren't perfect) that got fixed in later games.

At least it's not X6.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Mega Man is pretty much the only true newcomer aside from Ridley whose inclusion I am really hoping for. Mega Man is one of my favorite third-party series, and its one I think fits perfectly into Smash Bros. I am really crossing my fingers that we finally have him confirmed in five months time. I can't think of any other third-party characters left that would bring hype to Smash 4 aside from Mega Man.

Fr3aky Fight3r

Smash Rookie
The first Mega Man kinda sucks. :troll:

But if difficulty is a problem for you, then honestly I don't see you enjoying any of the games(especially not the classic series). Maybe try some of the easier ones(MM5&6 come to mind).
No not really, I actually play some rather difficult games and usually on higher difficulty. Maybe I'm just doing wrong and trying to rush through the level because I've usually played Metroid, Metroid 2, and Super Metroid and those are usually a breeze for me.

If those games are tough for you, try Kirby Epic Yarn. It might be your thing
Dude, Kirby has always been hardcore. :troll:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
No not really, I actually play some rather difficult games and usually on higher difficulty. Maybe I'm just doing wrong and trying to rush through the level because I've usually played Metroid, Metroid 2, and Super Metroid and those are usually a breeze for me.
The Metroid series isn't really super difficult(Well, the first one is, but for the wrong reasons). So being good at Metroid but not at MM isn't much of a surprise.

BTW, start with Bomb Man's stage. His boss fight is one of the easier, and if you follow the pattern from their(Bomb->Guts->Cut->Elec->Ice->Fire) you'll be able to play through the game w/out repeating a stage.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Seriously though.

MM1 is probably my favorite megaman game to speed run, sure Elecmans stage is ****, but every other stage is really awesome. And the Wily stages aren't phoned in (Wily 3 speed run is super technical) like in MM2, MM3 and MM5.

Plus there's no newby E-tank, Mag is elite and you can play the game multiple ways, glitches or no glitches, AND YOU CAN REPLAY THE STAGES WITH ALL WEAPONS, which you can't do until MM4.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Plus there's no newby E-tank
What's wrong with E-tanks? IMO it's a good way to reduce difficulty a bit without dumbing down the stage design.

AND YOU CAN REPLAY THE STAGES WITH ALL WEAPONS, which you can't do until MM4.
Sounds boring.

Edit: Also, spike are even more of a pain in the a$$ in MM1 than in later games, since you can still be insta killed after getting hit onto spikes, which is just cheap.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Sounds like you are bad at megaman.

For romhacks I understand that logic, since speed running them can require you to take full damage and have to use an e-tank to continue, but no megaman game has been proven to be faster to use an e-tank*.

And the spikes makes the game harder which is great except in rom hacks having to perfect frame fall 8 times in a row through a spike pit :(

Also if you want to get good at the game, and you really love it, being able to run through levels firestorm only is fun, same with mag only.

*M-tanks don't count and I promote their usage.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Sounds like you are bad at megaman.
Who says I have to be good at a game to enjoy it?

For romhacks I understand that logic, since speed running them can require you to take full damage and have to use an e-tank to continue, but no megaman game has been proven to be faster to use an e-tank*.
I never said I liked E-tanks because they made the game faster. I actually don't really like speed running; I prefer being able to play through a game at my own pace. That's part of the reason I'm disappointed in the direction of the Metroid franchise: Metroid has emphasized speed running over exploration, and the games have gradually gotten more and more linear.

And the spikes makes the game harder which is great except in rom hacks having to perfect frame fall 8 times in a row through a spike pit :(
I don't mind the insta-death spikes in later MM's, since you couldn't die by being knocked into them. Having that invincibility gives you a chance to recover, otherwise it would feel like a cheap death.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The thing to always remember about all Mega Man games is to be patient. All hazards and enemies are positioned so you can examine them and think of a strategy to overcome them, ether by destroying them or avoid them. As a general rule, rushing is not a good idea since that can lead to... less then great moments.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Don't fall on the spikes, it's that simple.
But what if I get hit by an enemy mid-jump and get knocked onto the spikes? In any other situation, I'd agree with you since I could avoid the spikes, but if I've jut been hit I can't really control where I land. Having that mercy invincibility prevents what would otherwise feel like a cheap death.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Don't get hit by enemies when you are jumping, the point of the game is not get hit by enemies.
You should know it's never that simple. So because I f***ed up once, I shouldn't be allowed to recover from my mistake?

Eh, I guess arguing with you isn't doing anything, since you seem to be one of those guys that think harder = better.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I think level design=better.

Mario 3 is like the easiest game ever but it's amazing because of the design. (music helps).

Yes, because you messed up and jumped into an enemy you deserve to lose.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yes, because you messed up and jumped into an enemy you deserve to lose.
So 1 mistake means instant death? Yeah, that makes sense.

Also, what if I wasn't able to see the enemy beforehand and wasn't anticipating it? Sounds like cheap level design to me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You think Mega Man is hardcore? Try 2 player battletoads.

That's what I grew up on

Level 3. In the stomach thing

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Also, what if I wasn't able to see the enemy beforehand and wasn't anticipating it? Sounds like cheap level design to me.
You should always be anticipating an enemy, you should always be careful. It isn't like a giant instant kill spike is moving AT YOU, it's a stationary object in most situations, minus Quickman lasers/magma man lava and stuff like that. But those don't follow you around, either.

It isn't cheap level design, you are too careless.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
MM1 is probably my favorite megaman game to speed run, sure Elecmans stage is ****, but every other stage is really awesome. And the Wily stages aren't phoned in (Wily 3 speed run is super technical) like in MM2, MM3 and MM5.
I actually liked Elect Man's stage, save for the 3 garbage up and down parts (which don't fit Mega Man's speed, pace, or the NES processing; they fit Mega Man X well, though).

As for Mega Man 1, I dunno, I always tend to go slow in that game. Guts Mans' and Ice Mans' stages always make me go slow. Also, I want to add that the first Yellow Devil battle in incredible, especially for that time. It had everything you need to be a great boss battle.

While I'm at it, I really like the non-Robot Master weapons. That platform creating gun was awesome. I wish that more Mega Man classic games had random hidden weapons like that, and not just Mega Man 1, 7, and some of the Game Boy games. Truth be told, I always wanted Mega Man to randomly get a shotgun as a weapon randomly instead of a gun for his Mega Blaster just for the lul's! :chuckle:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am curious what other Mega Man fans think about the chances of Mega Man being part of the Smash 4 unveil trailer (which will most likely happen during E3 2013). Mega Man is by far the most wanted third-party newcomer for Smash 4 (and one of the most wanted characters for Smash 4 in general). However, with Namco developing the game, I think its possible that if they managed to convince Sakurai to include one of their own characters, that he would get in over Mega Man for the unveil trailer, since they are developing the game.

Still, I think Mega Man is one of the most likely characters to be revealed for the Smash 4 unveil. We only have five more months to go to find out. It would really be something if we manage to get both Ridley and Mega Man confirmed in the trailer.

RvlvRBobcat

Smash Apprentice
I am curious what other Mega Man fans think about the chances of Mega Man being part of the Smash 4 unveil trailer (which will most likely happen during E3 2013). Mega Man is by far the most wanted third-party newcomer for Smash 4 (and one of the most wanted characters for Smash 4 in general). However, with Namco developing the game, I think its possible that if they managed to convince Sakurai to include one of their own characters, that he would get in over Mega Man for the unveil trailer, since they are developing the game.

Still, I think Mega Man is one of the most likely characters to be revealed for the Smash 4 unveil. We only have five more months to go to find out. It would really be something if we manage to get both Ridley and Mega Man confirmed in the trailer.
Honestly, Megaman is a big part of my childhood.
In all due respect though, i dont believe he belongs in the smash series.
He doesnt fit in with the cast, unless they were going to work him over in design that is.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Maybe it's because I just got done watching a Capcom Unity Megaman stream, but I do have some hope as they said they're holding off until E3 before any major announcements (probably in general for any of their series) are made.

This link may provide some Megaman fan opinions towards crossovers, there's over 100 responses and a large chunk are Smash.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I noticed that a lot of the comments mention a Sonic x Mega Man crossover of sorts, which is probably due to the Archie comic crossover. It seems at the moment Super Smash Bros. would be the best chance at that, at least from a video game standpoint.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Even though I believe Megaman is the 3rd party with the highest chances, I could see a situation similar to Brawl where the more unexpected/less demanded character gets unveiled in the trailer (which would be a Namco character) and Megaman gets saved until Sakurai might need an ace up his sleeve, like if the game gets a delay, or some other development issues arise. Of course, this won't be exactly the same as Brawl, since Sonic wasn't even part of the game when the initial trailer was revealed, but personally I think the inclusion of Megaman will be one of the earlier things Sakurai sees to this time around.

If only one new 3rd party character is added this time around, I'm guessing they'll be unveiled in the debut trailer (whether Megaman or someone else -- preferably Megaman), but if there are more than one, I wouldn't be surprised if Megaman's unveiling is held off (though ofc I'd love to see him in the debut trailer, which he still has a pretty good chance of appearing in IMO).

Personally I think Megaman and Ridley are definitely in the top 5 for trailer likelihood, along with Palutena, Takamaru, and Little Mac.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see the trailer having Sonic and Mario fighting, then a flurry of energy bolts interrupt them, they look toward the direction they were coming from and out jumps Mega Man giving a thumbs up.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Pac-Man will be in the initial trailer since the Namco relationship has made him obvious. Megaman will come later like Sonic IMO. I would also like to see Rayman in my game, I think he is the third guy out after these two and whether he makes it is to be seen.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mega Man is literally perfect for Smash Bros. He was made on a Nintendo console, he got big on a Nintendo console, and he fits in with the rest of the roster while standing out. Mega Man is nothing short of tailor-made for smash bros. If he was Nintendo-owned, he would have been in Smash Bros. from the get go.

In fact, I don't get why people are all over this "Nintendo owned" crap, like they're loyal to Nintendo, because Nintendo characters are good. Honestly, my definition of "Nintendo characters" includes characters that aren't Nintendo-owned but appeared predominately on Nintendo consoles, like THE BLUE BOMBER!!!
I noticed that a lot of the comments mention a Sonic x Mega Man crossover of sorts, which is probably due to the Archie comic crossover. It seems at the moment Super Smash Bros. would be the best chance at that, at least from a video game standpoint.
You think Project X Zone would have done that (which was co-produced by SEGA, Capcom, and Namco Bandai), with Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-man, but as it stands, Smash Bros. is the best platform for that.
Pac-Man will be in the initial trailer since the Namco relationship has made him obvious. Megaman will come later like Sonic IMO. I would also like to see Rayman in my game, I think he is the third guy out after these two and whether he makes it is to be seen.
Pac-Man IMO would be better than Mega Man as a "saved for later" 3rd party character. Still, if we got both of them plus Sonic and Snake, that would be 4 huge super star 3rd party characters.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
What would Megaman's appearance be if he was announced via trailer? Unless they make his announced trailer like the Mega Man 2 intro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom