• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Guys be proud Of me ... I was the only One in the leakers group who was protecting our boys ... I had to fight against a lot Of "no more Fire Marth "
" fake woulf Space animal " " why a clon

But i don't lose Hope

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Guys be proud Of me ... I was the only One in the leakers group who was protecting our boys ... I had to fight against a lot Of "no more Fire Marth "
" fake woulf Space animal " " why a clon

But i don't lose Hope
Hey man, you weren't the only Roy fan in there. I was just saying we shouldn't trust the word of one data miner without any evidence to back it up.

Roy's still my boy, though.

Last edited:

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
Seeing the comment section for the leak metaphorically gave me cancer. I mean, I saw those comments coming 20 million miles away, but the amount of them and the extent of their stupidity is baffling! I think we as bros/girl bros (or whatever you call it) should at least show them why their wrong and bring raw information to the stand!

R O Y B O Y S 4 LIFE

Edit: Changed "FOR" to "4" for obvious pun purposes!:chuckle:

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Hey man, you weren't the only Roy fan in their. I was just saying we shouldn't trust the word of one data miner without any evidence to back it up.

Roy's still my boy, though.
I know ! But i was the only One to justify why he could Made it !!

It was begining to pissed me off All Of their "Marth clone" " Fake because Roy is lame" "Fire Marth with Boobs Marth" " Lame clone" " fake because no Wolf " ...

Those guys who Call him a Marth clone Never play him but only Watch him...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It doesn't really effect Wolf's chances anyway, I'm sure he'll get in. It's just nice to see our boy get some love!

...I'm seriously hoping for all vets now, though. Except for Pichu, and Young Link whom I don't even count anyway.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
:roymelee: HE'S BACK. :roypm:

I doubted those ripped files at first, because Ryu seemed really fishy. But now that The Cutting Room Floor has confirmed it...

OMMMMMMMMMGEFFINGHYPEICANTDEALWITHTHISAMOUNTOFHYPE!!

That said, this thread has come a really long way since last time i posted here. It warms me to see our boy get so much love, after all the nay saying and bashing he gets from 4chan, gamefaqs and in generel people who are clone-phobes (Like they know if Roy even will be a clone this time).

Let me just tell all of the nay-sayers, you're wrong about Roy. In Melee, Roy was the same as Marth in concept, but every different in execution. His fiery gimmick distinguished him a lot from Marth, they both had very different meta games, frames and hitboxes. Lucina is much closer to being a completely Marth clone than Roy ever was, when Lucina was first announced many of us Roy fans were excited. Because we thought she was going to bring back Roy's playstyle from Melee. However, it turns out this wasn't the case. And because of this, we really want to see Roy back in action. He doesn't even need to have the same moves as Marth anymore, the main reason he was a clone of Marth in the first place was because his own game had yet not been released when Melee came out, so he had little to go on. Now however, he has a lot to go off of. Give Roy his own unique attacks and animations from his game of origin!

It's time to put an end to this negativity around Roy, now that he's finally coming back! No more stupid Roy Koopa jokes.

ROY'S OUR BOY!

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, I guess this is real.

Roy is back, which means it's the third character to return from Melee that wasn't in Brawl.

And we get Ryu as a newcomer.

Also, the files suggest Dream Land 64 will be a stage on the 3DS version.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Mah boi, this leak is what all true warriors strive for!
This is my best friend's art (really old though), and apparently unsourced to the gallery it belongs. Here.

She insists very much on not reposting art without her permission, thank you.

Well, I guess this is real.

Roy is back, which means it's the third character to return from Melee that wasn't in Brawl.

And we get Ryu as a newcomer.

Also, the files suggest Dream Land 64 will be a stage on the 3DS version.
I think it read "SDX" for the Kirby-stage, which means we get Green Greens from Melee?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think it read "SDX" for the Kirby-stage, which means we get Green Greens from Melee?
I have the files on my PC.

It's the song from Dream Land 64. You know, the Gourmet Race remix from Smash 64.

It's also called PupupuLand, the Japanese name of Dream Land. SDX might be a reference to Kirby Super Star's Japanese name, Kirby Super Deluxe.

Melee tracks have SBDX in the file names instead. (Japanese name: Dairantou Smash Bros. DX)

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
[DINOSAUR NOISES]

--Ahem. I'll try to keep myself calm. It's still too soon to celebrate, way too soon.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I have the files on my PC.

It's the song from Dream Land 64. You know, the Gourmet Race remix from Smash 64.

It's also called PupupuLand, the Japanese name of Dream Land. SDX might be a reference to Kirby Super Star's Japanese name, Kirby Super Deluxe.

Melee tracks have SBDX in the file names instead. (Japanese name: Dairantou Smash Bros. DX)
Ah, okay. My mistake then.

I guess it wouldn't be difficult to add that stage then - though that makes SSB4 3DS almost like Melee with all the retro stages it has from those games that many like.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is my best friend's art (really old though), and apparently unsourced to the gallery it belongs. Here.

She insists very much on not reposting art without her permission, thank you.
I've edited the source in the post (link and all), unless it's even better to delete it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I've edited the source in the post (link and all), unless it's even better to delete it.
I think it's fine now, nothing else needed to do. Thanks!

Anyway, I'm really eager to see what will come to all of the "Roy Koopa Confirmed"-Jokes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I bet :roymelee: made it in just for the sake of being along with Mewtwo and not really cuz of the ballot

Steelia

Smash Champion
I bet :roymelee: made it in just for the sake of being along with Mewtwo and not really cuz of the ballot
To be fair, him and Mewtwo were always extremely popular choices in Japan to begin with. Seeing how the people behind FE Awakening added Marth and Roy as the earliest DLC choices, no doubt that didn't go unnoticed.

I feel so euphoric. First Mewtwo, my most-wanted, now Roy, another huge favorite... I can't even right now

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Nothing is set in stone. None of this has been confirmed, and there's a possibility none of it will be confirmed.

There's still plenty of alternative outcomes here: it could be an elaborate hoax, or this could be Smash 4's "Forbidden 7" and it could represent scrapped data.

Just be prepared to curb your enthusiasm if it turns out to be fake. Hope is admirable, but remember to maintain a sense of rationality as well.

Nothing is set in stone. None of this has been confirmed, and there's a possibility none of it will be confirmed.

There's still plenty of alternative outcomes here: it could be an elaborate hoax, or this could be Smash 4's "Forbidden 7" and it could represent scrapped data.

Just be prepared to curb your enthusiasm if it turns out to be fake. Hope is admirable, but remember to maintain a sense of rationality as well.
Why would scrapped data be added to the game though?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Why would scrapped data be added to the game though?
I'm curious about that myself. It's still a possibility; goodness know how it could happen, but it could happen.

All I'm saying is, it's not confirmed yet. Surely we've learn by now to wait and see how leaks turn out before declaring them unabashedly authentic?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ Croph Croph

Should you change the title to reflect the current news?
I'm not sure I'm going to change the title just yet... I would rather get an official word. Unless you'd like me to say something like "Roy sound files found!" or something. But even then, it could still mean anything. I just don't want to get people's hopes up if we don't get Roy. :/

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion

"Scrapped" data... that was added to Mewtwo's update. Huh?
Also, yet another person here on SmashBoards was able to get the files and find out for himself - they're there, they exist on the 3DS. They're absolutely real. So it's not a hoax.

I'm 99% sure of the return of Roy - but as usual, keeping that last 1% on the off-chance his data was meant for some other purpose. Whatever it could be, I have no idea. Gauge interest? Placeholder files to replace later? There are many questions this raises... but for now, they're undeniably real.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm curious about that myself. It's still a possibility; goodness know how it could happen, but it could happen.

All I'm saying is, it's not confirmed yet. Surely we've learn by now to wait and see how leaks turn out before declaring them unabashedly authentic?
Which is why I think this'll spur up more discussion at best and we're left waiting despite all the euphoria (which might last only for so many hours without news from Nintendo for a month or two). Nothing indeed is confirmed right now, so this might be just a small moment of hype in my eyes - perhaps until another set of disconfirmation due a hoax or Nintendo declaring these scrapped leftovers from the development.

I'm not sure I'm going to change the title just yet... I would rather get an official word. Unless you'd like me to say something like "Roy sound files found!" or something. But even then, it could still mean anything. I just don't want to get people's hopes up if this ends up fake. :/
Exactly that - just tell what has been found, which can get more discussion and activity coming here.

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
Part of me believes Roy is coming back, because it seems like it's pretty darn set in stone that he's returning, and the files are definitely real but part of me also thinks he's not, because it seems pretty careless of Nintendo to leave files like that in that would leak so much important information about upcoming DLC. What if they are for some other, less important purpose or something? I have mixed feelings right now.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I forget if we talked about this as a group, but has anyone thought about Roy being revealed after a SMTxFE trailer at E3? It would be the perfect time to have a trailer too, lining up with more information on FE:If, and Lucas being set to release.

Either way, I am extremely happy at the thought that Roy might actually be inbound. While I play Marth, it is just tricky for me on 3DS to land his tippers, and with the Smash 4 nerf to Marth's Falchion, it just makes it harder. I bring this up because Roy gives me the freedom not to worry about nailing the tip, and going all the way in as Roy is closer to my style. I know Lucina was created as a Marth with no tip and equal power, but that feels like I am giving up on the playstyle. With Roy and Marth, I have to to commit myself to one playstyle, either Tip or Midblade. And that is what I love about playing as Marth and Roy, you have to be dedicated to their sweetspots, and when they connect, it is very satisfying.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well if its creditable from the twitter

All of the roy jokes can stop

And a happy ending to whoever is making those roy cartoons where he got rejected.

(Example of which one im talking about.

Master hand:not you (roy) you (dark pit

Master hand: congradulation you get the job.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
> Mewtwo launched today
> Possibility of Roy returning as DLC

Today's a good day to be alive. :)

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792

You cannot compared Brawl's Forbidden 7 to data found on a UPDATE PATCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom