• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This is certainly exciting news!
But don't get overhyped about Roy being Wolf/Lucas semi-clone though, he's likely unchanged if he's in the game, I ended up being disappoint when I realized Dark Pit was just a pure clone when he was revealed.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This is certainly exciting news!
But don't get overhyped about Roy being Wolf/Lucas semi-clone though, he's likely unchanged if he's in the game, I ended up being disappoint when I realized Dark Pit was just a pure clone when he was revealed.
Wonder if it poses well or not for Smash 4's engine.

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
How reliable is the guy saying he "decrypted" the update?
According to the comments on the reddit thread, the guy is pretty reliable and has a reputation to uphold in the 3ds community so it's unlikely he would lie about something like this.

SoulOfKhaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoulKhaos
I don't want to get my hopes up yet, even though the guy found some victory theme for Roy it doesn't mean he's confirmed. These could end up being scrapped like in previous games of the series (I'm referring to the scrapped FE stage in melee stuff like that).

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I know people are saying to not get hyped but.....LET THE ROY HYPE BEGIN!!!!!

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
I don't want to get my hopes up yet, even though the guy found some victory theme for Roy it doesn't mean he's confirmed. These could end up being scrapped like in previous games of the series (I'm referring to the scrapped FE stage in melee stuff like that).
The thing is... they were added in the patch. I doubt Nintendo leaves excess files in updates of all things.

That said, I don't want to go overboard either, since I don't 100% trust our decryption man here.

I wanna hype so bad though.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The thing is... they were added in the patch. I doubt Nintendo leaves excess files in updates of all things.

That said, I don't want to go overboard either, since I don't 100% trust our decryption man here.

I wanna hype so bad though.
The decrypter has a very legit and well-known reputation as one of first 3DS-hackers if I remember reading on Reddit and other social forums in here. We could at best assume he's willing to pull off ArtsyOmni in exchange of that for quite a long time incase we need to doubt him.

Also I checked the songs' bitrate, and all of them are identical. (About 639-640 kbps). Is this the regular bit rate for songs or sound files ripped from Smash Bros 3DS?

Last edited:
Just one reddit post does not confirm Roy.

Be ready to potentially have your hopes crushed if you do get them up, guys. For all we know, the op of that thread could have seen votes for Ryu or Roy and hated the idea of both, so he could have easily made a leak to make supporters of them feel secure. So that they wouldn't work as hard to see those characters, and he knew how popular the post would have gotten due to how credible people claim him to be. We only have six months to see who does and doesn't get in via fan support, and he was probably willing to throw away or rebuild a reputation for that.

Wait until more credible (keyword: credible) sources confirm anything. Don't let this kind of stuff give you a false sense of security or make you feel like the fight is over. We've had a long wait for Roy, who has been long overdue since Dr. Mario's confirmation, so something like this finally coming into play is a needed relief and break in the action for a lot of us, but it's still just as tough a road as ever.

That being said, Roy's our boy! We just have to continue showing support for him to return to one of our favorite series, and there's still no harm in simply hoping that leak is true as long as you don't buy too much into it.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I'm here! Let's go!

I'll hype no matter what, if I get disappointed? I get disappointed.

At the end of the day...Roy's our boy!

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice

Be ready to potentially have your hopes crushed if you do get them up, guys. For all we know, the op of that thread could have seen votes for Ryu or Roy and hated the idea of both, so he could have easily made a leak to make supporters of them feel secure. So that they wouldn't work as hard to see those characters, and he knew how popular the post would have gotten due to how credible people claim him to be. We only have six months to see who does and doesn't get in via fan support, and he was probably willing to throw away or rebuild a reputation for that.

Wait until more credible (keyword: credible) sources confirm anything. Don't let this kind of stuff give you a false sense of security or make you feel like the fight is over. We've had a long wait for Roy, who has been long overdue since Dr. Mario's confirmation, so something like this finally coming into play is a needed relief and break in the action for a lot of us, but it's still just as tough a road as ever.

That being said, Roy's our boy! We just have to continue showing support for him to return to one of our favorite series, and there's still no harm in simply hoping that leak is true as long as you don't buy too much into it.
This is all true.
But it still didn't stop me from crying at 5:30 in the morning anyway.
BOKU WA MAKENAI

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Like I said, the guy's gonna give away his credibility and trust from the community he's around if he pulls fake rumor on us. Though that's been done before, bleh.

Obviously we shouldn't tread any further now with this, but instead, keep our eyes open for further clues and credibility (or disproven ones.)

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'd be much happier if it was Wolf and Roy, if this leak is true, then would you mind voting for Wolf like crazy in the poll?
Part of the Royvolution's goal is to see the return of Roy, but a lot of us supports cut vets. IF this leak ends up true, I think a lot of us will be will be moving on to support cut vets (for those who haven't already voted). Right @ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 ? At least that's what I always thought judging on some people's comments. Well, if it means anything, aside from Roy, Wolf is probably my next most wanted cut. He's one of my mains in PM, and I used to play him a lot in Brawl. I'm definitely supporting him.

Anyway, the problem I have with this leak, is that Sakurai did say he's not interested in adding characters from other fighting games. This makes me iffy, but I mean I wouldn't mind seeing Ryu, even if I never wanted him. I'm taking things day by day, though. Even if it ends up fake, at least Roy's getting some spotlight in the end.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
That Roy/Ryu leak is more than likely fake. They wouldn't use the SF2 version of Ryu's theme, they would have used the most recent version or a remix.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ryu is in a leak? Hahahahahahaha.... no!

Let's be real here, would Crapcom honestly let Sakurai use a Street Fighter character when barely any of the games been on a Nintendo console these days? It's just seems too baloney to be true to begin with.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Finally! A leak featuring a character I actually care about!

Jokes aside, though, this is likely fake. You seriously can't trust something this vague without any concrete evidence.

Also, the comments in the news thread kind of hurt my soul...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'd be much happier if it was Wolf and Roy, if this leak is true, then would you mind voting for Wolf like crazy in the poll?
I haven't voted for the guy yet but you can rest assured knowing that he's pretty much a shoe to get in as DLC.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Let's be real here, would Crapcom honestly let Sakurai use a Street Fighter character when barely any of the games been on a Nintendo console these days? It's just seems too baloney to be true to begin with.
TBH, Ryu's an icon of fighting game genre, which is where Smash Bros got it's main inspiration from (aside from the easy-to-pick-up play + party game elements). For this reason, Ryu would actually fit right in to the Smash-cast, also showing a part of the fighting game history where Smash-games got their roots from.

That Roy/Ryu leak is more than likely fake. They wouldn't use the SF2 version of Ryu's theme, they would have used the most recent version or a remix.
TBH, 3DS-version has stages using mostly source songs (Green Hill Zone, Dreamland, Gaur Plains, F-Zero, etc), so Ryu's stage doing the same thing wouldn't be too:083:.

There's also the possibility of a remix being the second version for the stage, much like some the above stages doing the same.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord

Mega Man? Hahahahahahaha... No!

Let's be real here, would Crapcom honestly let Sakurai use a Mega Man character when barely any of the games been on a Nintendo console these days?

(I don't actually think we're gonna get Ryu, but really, the lack of Street Fighter games on Nintendo is completely irrelevant to his chances, not to mention untrue considering there was Street Fighter IV 3D, which at the time was the most complete version of the game, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom being a Wii exclusive.)

Last edited:

royalblue

Smash Cadet
Well this has certainly been an interesting morning.

I'm trying so hard to be skeptical about this, but I'm on the edge of my seat nonetheless. Ryu just feels so...out of left field to me but I would have no problem at all with him being in. Honestly as long as we get Roy back I don't care who else they add.

Is there any word of anyone else planning to datamine the update to either reaffirm or shoot down this info?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh, by the way, @ Croph Croph ye forgot to add me to the supporter's list.
Sorry, I'm on it.

Is it possible Ryu's theme could be a placeholder since he's still early in development? Looking at characters like Mega Man and Pac-Man, they seems to be based on their classic, iconic selves. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Ryu is SF2 themed. Still, I'm anxiously waiting for this leak to be proven or debunked.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Some people in the Smashboards front page are a bunch of d*cks, just saying. They assume "hurr durr 3rd Marth fire bad!" and they spam that stupid rhetoric in all their posts. I'm really glad to see the Reddit thread for this same topic not being filled with the same idiots.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, I heard about the supposed Roy files found in the update. I'm glad for you guys. All that work finally paid off, haha.

:231:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
No offense to those Wolf mains but why do people want him back? Fox has all of Wolfs customs and even a skin for Wolf. They didnt give Marth any customs that go to Roy so Roy has a real shot but Wolf has Fox for his throwback. Same goes to all those wacky votes. Vets should come first so i think Wolf Roy and maybe Snake are higher on the list after Lucas then Sakurai will deal with stupid votes like Shovel Knight and all that. Really who wants King K rool and Shovel Knight seriously.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
No offense to those Wolf mains but why do people want him back? Fox has all of Wolfs customs and even a skin for Wolf. They didnt give Marth any customs that go to Roy so Roy has a real shot but Wolf has Fox for his throwback. Same goes to all those wacky votes. Vets should come first so i think Wolf Roy and maybe Snake are higher on the list after Lucas then Sakurai will deal with stupid votes like Shovel Knight and all that. Really who wants King K rool and Shovel Knight seriously.
Wolf has unique standard moves, unlike Roy.

Troykv

Smash Master
Well, Wolf has unique Standars (Jab, Tilts, Aerial) moves, and the B are only "a-like" (except Down B), is more like a "Pseudo Clone" than a actual Clon or Semi-Clon

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
I dont know. It doesnt seem worth it to just add Wolf when hes custom fox with different standards. Roy yeah has the same but technically why do people call him a clone since he debuted as an opposite? Isnt a clone basically Lucina since she is Marth with no tip. Roy is the opposite and PM made him stand out a lot from marth.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Did any other person like PushDustin find those files?
I'd be really hyped for both Ryu and Roy!

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
You do know that SF2 is one of the best selling games ever, the best selling Capcom game and was one of the best selling titles for the SNES, right? If anything they're just doing it for the nostalgia.

The guy wouldn't throw away his reputation just for a lame leak.

In other news, ROY IS COMING BACK!

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
You underestimate how petty some people on the internet can be. And what reputation? "Guy who looked for secret stuff in smash bros code" isn't exactly get him into the cool kids club. It feels better to create 15 minuites of hype than a week of "meh."

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
You underestimate how petty some people on the internet can be. And what reputation? "Guy who looked for secret stuff in smash bros code" isn't exactly get him into the cool kids club. It feels better to create 15 minuites of hype than a week of "meh."
Except that he HAS an reputation on GBATemp and Reddit, he's already in the cool kids club.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
OH NO! NOT HIS REDDIT CRED! ANYTHING BUT THAT! HOW WILL HE EVER GET PEOPLE TO UPVOTE HIS POSTS WITHOUT IT?!?

Let me spell it out for you. Within a few hours of the patch, he dug up those files, supposedly. Then, people asked other dataminers to verify... And if they had by now done so, there would be one guy visiting every single god damn thread telling everyone that the leak had been verified, or proven false.

Now this guy clearly must be some kind of super genius, because he hacked in smash bros within 2 or 3 HOURS of the patch, while ALL of the other hackers have failed to even say anything, meaning they are still trying, or they are all in on the joke. But surely, he couldn't fake a leak? He couldn't say, namedrop a character people really want, and then namedrop a unexpected but somewhat plausible character that people didn't really want so people wouldn't call the leak a blatant dream roster? I mean, surely people would be intelligent enough to see that it was a blatant attempt to spread a argument about representation and clones so nobody would be looking at the leak hard enough to notice there was nothing he couldn't have ripped off the internet and given a gamecode sounding filename?

I mean, being fooled that easily just sounds too implausible to be true, right? So the opposite must be true! RYU CONFIRMED YOU GUYS! NO WAY ARE WE FANATICS IGNORING LOGIC FOR THE SAKE OF OUR DREAMS! WE ARE SMART! NON BELIVERS ARE DUMB! PRAISE LEAKMAN AND HIS REDDIT CRED! MAY HE ACQUIRE HUNDREDS OF UPVOTES AND LOTS OF ATTENTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom