• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Every single argument I've seen for people not wanting Roy in is that "His stats are horrible" or "He's bad in his own game why should he be be in Smash Bros.?"
Because, you see, Jigglypuff is cleary a top tier pokemon, that's why she is in smash...

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Actualy FE1 Marth and Leif have VERY USEFUL niches...

FE1 Marth: The enemys ALWAYS prefer attack him over EVERYBODY... That includes things like a Maria with 2 HP. He is the only Rapier's user... and you can buy that things, Falchion makes he INVENCIBLE.

Leif: The only unit don't limited for the fatigue... that is a incredible niche, because he can get more Exp that other characters, and give more use to the scrolls.
And that's true, hence I said most Lords have their utilities, including Roy.

I was just getting at that people like to single out Roy for some reason, but don't take into account other Lords who aren't OP monsters as well.

I will admit that Roy is one of the least viable lords and I won't hesistate to call out his flaws, but he still has many things going for him. Sword access in FE6, his growths are higher compared to average units in his game than other lords compared to average units in their games, the single best weapon overall in the series and I'd say it easily tops holy weapons in overall usefulness by a landslide, and the best support roster in his game tied with Lilina really helps. His one major flaw is promotion, with much earlier promotion he'd be one of the strongest lords in the series and that's why I'm pushing so hard for IS to make those changes if they bring FE6 overseas, VC or remake. He has two other flaws, like weird base stats and a 20 use Sword of Seals that should have infinite uses, but he can still be really good without those two changes, and they'd be welcome additions.

Just because he's not the strongest lord doesn't mean he isn't strong stat-wise, and it doesn't instantly demerit his character. It's just a bad bandwagon with little thought, almost always from people who haven't played Roy's game.

--

As for a Leif moveset, I always figured a mounted Master Knight with all weapon types, or a relentless swordfighter with different attacks from different unique swords (since using many swords is key for him in Thracia 776 and possibly Genealogy if you don't have spare lances/axes/bows/staves/tomes you want him to use) would make a fantastic moveset.

I could imagine him launching his little illuminati seizure triangles and healing himself with the Light Sword, chopping up stuff with the King Sword while his allies get stat boosts, having quick attacks and good frame data with the Brave Sword, lowering percent he takes and scaling rage more with the Elite Sword, having huge hitboxes with the Greatsword, using Fire/Thunder/Wind swords for elemental attacks, using the Master Sword to totally rip off Link's groove, using the Berserk Sword to make an enemy difficult to control, and equipping the Blagi Sword while promoting and just running around and destroying everything for his Final Smash.

http://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/inventory/swords/

This is too awesome to pass up, now I'm sad I thought of all of this because it's times like this I wish I could create a moveset for Smash :urg:

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
His one major flaw is promotion, with much earlier promotion he'd be one of the strongest lords in the series and that's why I'm pushing so hard for IS to make those changes if they bring FE6 overseas, VC or remake.
Seeing all the new features in FE: if... I wonder if some are going to be staples, or IS could be like Game Freak and remove features that are well liked in the next game. The Avatar customization was probably well received a lot in Awakening, so much that it returned and they expanded on it. But what about new features like My Castle, My Room aka Emblem-Amie, monster caregiver, etc.? You have to wonder what direction IS will take in the future with this series.

What I'm trying to say is, would a hypothetical FE6 remake (or any older game) include some of these new & modern features (especially if they're well received enough)? Will weapon durability return or stay absent? What about Phoenix Mode? If the remake will have a lot of new features, I guess it won't be a straight up, 100% remake, but with a lot of additional stuff.

*tries to imagine Roy in Emblem-Amie*

Y'know, seeing Roy might be the only thing to get me 100% on board with this new feature. :awesome:

I'm imagining a massive "Roy's our boy" chant at the Nintendo World Championships.

I really don't think he'd be revealed at that event, but still... imagine it.

Seeing all the new features in FE: if... I wonder if some are going to be staples, or IS could be like Game Freak and remove features that are well liked in the next game. The Avatar customization was probably well received a lot in Awakening, so much that it returned and they expanded on it. But what about new features like My Castle, My Room aka Emblem-Amie, monster caregiver, etc.? You have to wonder what direction IS will take in the future with this series.

What I'm trying to say is, would a hypothetical FE6 remake (or any older game) include some of these new & modern features (especially if they're well received enough)? Will weapon durability return or stay absent? What about Phoenix Mode? If the remake will have a lot of new features, I guess it won't be a straight up, 100% remake, but with a lot of additional stuff.

Y'know, seeing Roy might be the only thing to get me 100% on board with this new feature. :awesome:
I'm sure these features are likely to return and at least 3/4 are going to. Just a gut instinct. We may get new features like My Boy, Our Boy, etc. if we're getting My Castle with this installment.

Seeing as how Roy's adventure revolves around traveling, I have doubts on him getting My Castle (His Castle, this may get confusing)

FE12 had an avatar thrown in, so I'm 100% sure that'd be in an FE6 remake.

Monster Caregiver may revolve around Fa or something.

I hope weapon durability goes away for the Sword of Seals so people can no longer criticize Roy for it.

Phoenix Mode seems likely to stay unless it gets more backlash.

--

I had an idea earlier. Infinite use weapons, but you could enchant them to have certain boosts for a number of uses.

Let's say Roy's Sword of Seals had base stats of 14 might, 85 hit, and 0 crit with no other stats. However, between maps, you could enchant it to become the 18 might, 95 hit, 10 crit, def/res+5, extra dragon damage weapon we know it as for 20 uses? With fire damage.

Not only that, but you could choose elemental bonuses for non-legendary weapons; fire, lightning, wind, etc. The Elibe elements, known by most as being birth elements that affect supports, could be used. Units sharing an element with their enchanted weapon would receive a boost. Anima could be considered a non-element, so to speak, simply boosting stats of a weapon even more rather than giving a specific element's added damage type. We have the Wind Sword and Light Brand here, and Jugdral has magic blades like that which still don't stand up to the legendary weapons in power, how do you think they came to be?

All legendary weapons could start with their own 20 use enchantments, but could be re-enchanted if their enchantments ever ran out, or could be enchanted simply to renew their uses, like a fire weapon going from 4 uses to 20 uses. Instead of needing to keep them intact like the original game to access the true ending, you'd just need all of them to have at least 1 enchantment use.

It'd be like Tellius. There, you could only forge one weapon per chapter. However, here, the player could enchant 1-3 weapons between chapters or something like that. The first would be free, the second would have a cost, the third would have a hefty cost for emergencies. Something like that, just throwing the idea out.

With common weapons, it'd be like forging. You allocate points like Awakening (1 = 1 might, 5 hit, or 3 crit) for the forge. 3 points = free, 5 points = cost level 1, 8 points = hefty cost. If you use 8 points, that counts as your chapter's 3 forges or something. This idea came out of nowhere, and I even had an idea where it was a level added on even after forging. A legendary weapon could even need all three of the day's forges, due to its power and how ancient its enchantment type is.

This would keep weapon uses as we know them, with the infinite use direction IS is going on weapons, while punishing players for not wisely going about their weapon uses, just not as much as before.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
So, you can use your FE amiibo in the new FE game. Roy data might be in as well. If Roy isn't announced by the time the game is released, we might find out through data in the game.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
I'm imagining a massive "Roy's our boy" chant at the Nintendo World Championships.

I really don't think he'd be revealed at that event, but still... imagine it.

I'm sure these features are likely to return and at least 3/4 are going to. Just a gut instinct. We may get new features like My Boy, Our Boy, etc. if we're getting My Castle with this installment.

Seeing as how Roy's adventure revolves around traveling, I have doubts on him getting My Castle (His Castle, this may get confusing)

FE12 had an avatar thrown in, so I'm 100% sure that'd be in an FE6 remake.

I hope weapon durability goes away for the Sword of Seals so people can no longer criticize Roy for it.

Phoenix Mode seems likely to stay unless it gets more backlash.

--

I had an idea earlier. Infinite use weapons, but you could enchant them to have certain boosts for a number of uses.

Let's say Roy's Sword of Seals had base stats of 14 might, 85 hit, and 0 crit with no other stats. However, between maps, you could enchant it to become the 18 might, 95 hit, 10 crit, def/res+5, extra dragon damage weapon we know it as for 20 uses? With fire damage.

Not only that, but you could choose elemental bonuses for non-legendary weapons; fire, lightning, wind, etc. The Elibe elements, known by most as being birth elements that affect supports, could be used. Units sharing an element with their enchanted weapon would receive a boost. Anima could be considered a non-element, so to speak, simply boosting stats of a weapon even more rather than giving a specific element's added damage type. We have the Wind Sword and Light Brand here, and Jugdral has magic blades like that which still don't stand up to the legendary weapons in power, how do you think they came to be?

All legendary weapons could start with their own 20 use enchantments, but could be re-enchanted if their enchantments ever ran out, or could be enchanted simply to renew their uses, like a fire weapon going from 4 uses to 20 uses. Instead of needing to keep them intact like the original game to access the true ending, you'd just need all of them to have at least 1 enchantment use.

It'd be like Tellius. There, you could only forge one weapon per chapter. However, here, the player could enchant 1-3 weapons between chapters or something like that. The first would be free, the second would have a cost, the third would have a hefty cost for emergencies. Something like that, just throwing the idea out.

With common weapons, it'd be like forging. You allocate points like Awakening (1 = 1 might, 5 hit, or 3 crit) for the forge. 3 points = free, 5 points = cost level 1, 8 points = hefty cost. If you use 8 points, that counts as your chapter's 3 forges or something. This idea came out of nowhere, and I even had an idea where it was a level added on even after forging. A legendary weapon could even need all three of the day's forges, due to its power and how ancient its enchantment type is.

This would keep weapon uses as we know them, with the infinite use direction IS is going on weapons, while punishing players for not wisely going about their weapon uses, just not as much as before.
why would they have an avatar in an FE6 remake? correct me if im wrong but as far as i know there is no My Unit in that game. Personally dont like creating a character any ways tears away from the story. not that awakening had good story to start with though. an FE6 remake should hopefully not be 3d like awakening and do a more FE1 approach like that remake had. Better gfx and updated stuff. but if they do 3d i hope they dont have horrible models like awakening did for half the cast. they were like rocks with faces. half of them had the same model with different hair ( ike and roy)

why would they have an avatar in an FE6 remake? correct me if im wrong but as far as i know there is no My Unit in that game. Personally dont like creating a character any ways tears away from the story. not that awakening had good story to start with though. an FE6 remake should hopefully not be 3d like awakening and do a more FE1 approach like that remake had. Better gfx and updated stuff. but if they do 3d i hope they dont have horrible models like awakening did for half the cast. they were like rocks with faces. half of them had the same model with different hair ( ike and roy)
Because FE12 did it as an FE3 remake despite FE3 never having a playable avatar, and it didn't subtract from the original game's story. It's different than how Awakening handled it since Awakening wasn't a remake. The FE1 approach on its remake was also the same as the FE3's remake and its approach.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm trying to picture being a babysitter to Fa... LOL. On second thought, maybe I'd prefer a FE6 sequel. :laugh: It would be interesting to see what would become of future games, that's for sure.

So, you can use your FE amiibo in the new FE game. Roy data might be in as well. If Roy isn't announced by the time the game is released, we might find out through data in the game.
Did anyone data mine any DLC in Awakening that was upcoming when the game was released? Something like this could happen I guess, but I'm just wondering if it has happened in past FE games.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm trying to picture being a babysitter to Fa... LOL. On second thought, maybe I'd prefer a FE6 sequel. :laugh: It would be interesting to see what would become of future games, that's for sure.

Did anyone data mine any DLC in Awakening that was upcoming when the game was released? Something like this could happen I guess, but I'm just wondering if it has happened in past FE games.
I don't think anyone data mined Awakening because that wasn't a thing yet. I believe data mining was possible around the time Pokemon X/Y came out.
I'd also prefer a Fire Emblem 6 sequel. I'd like to see our boy become a man.

Troykv

Smash Master

Well I don't see the majority of the If's features right in FE6... Ah well, I think that the "correct" is that the game have the weapon durability.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Something that's concerned me:

I've had two people ask me to argue for Roy on their behalf in the past 24 hours, which I don't see as a good idea.

-

It's similar to sending Jagen into all your battles to fight most or all enemies on the map. Sure, you have an experienced unit with lots of battles under his belt who can mop up everything on the early maps, but what will happen later in our most crucial battles? If we only have one unit to show who hasn't grown from it, with a bunch of untrained units, how will we be able to continually show Nintendo from many people on multiple fronts that Roy deserves to be in?

What about Roy's reveal? How will we keep his reception as smooth as possible, and how will we put Roy haters in their place? We can't just leave this on a few people, we need to stand up as a revolution and prove that his DLC was deserved, and that his return to a future Smash title if we get one is even more deserved. We have a website designed to defeat any and all arguments thrown at us so far, and all of the lazy bandwagon arguments many times over, so every one of us has the means to win. Imagine at least 500 people who can defeat Roy haters or even change their minds and spread it to the many others who want Roy to return?

We need an army, even if it ends up small, who can defeat arguments and criticisms to adding Roy back in. We need to show why he's more justified than any other Fire Emblem character, why another Fire Emblem rep is justified, and so on. Hopefully, by doing this as a group, we can even get a handful of Roy haters who hop on the Roy hype train and get excited for his DLC per member.

-

We need more Abels and Cains. More Allens and Lances. More Diecks, Thanies(Thanys?), Catrias, Ogmas, etc. who realize thier potential. I'm hoping on you guys to step up to these roles and help me, are you with me?
Maybe i'm not in the character thread . But in the Leak Group i do my best to defend Our Boy

That's some of my post :
"Also, people need to remember that Roy is LITERALLY the easiest character to possibly add (even easier than separating Alph, really). They don't even have to get Xander Mobus to say his name."

Yeah ... hum ...What?... shall we begin ?
If i'm not wrong , Sakurai say that it's impossible to import GameCube Assest ( Melee) .
So Roy need to :
  • have a new 3D model and EVEN IF THEY GAVE HIM MARTH ANIMATION AND FS
  • he alway need Hitbox Change ( Have you ever played Roy ? )
  • Up B(Fire Effect + coding)
  • Old Side-B (Anim+Coding)
  • he can have his old Neutral B since Marth doesn't have it anymore ( Anim + Coding).
For Wolf ,since we can import Brawl assest we need :

• New 3D Model
  • Announcer Call
  • Some Animation improvement with some new effect
  • Tweaks Like Mewtwo / Lucas
My point is . Roy is not be the easiest character to bring back . A LOT easiest than a newcomer , sure . But Harder than a veterant from Brawl .
"Sakurai said clones were only balanced against the original characters this time. So when balancing Roy, he only needs to be balanced against 1 character. Not 50+ like Wolf."

You know, with all the change Marth has undergone, as if Roy come back like he was in Melee he would be more a Semi-Clone than a Clone right ? Not a stupid clone , but more like a Semi-Clone

This could be applied only pure and Hard Clone or previous costume like he said because the change between them and the originals were minimal or nonexistent (Dark Pit / Lucina )
"This seems rather contradictory. You're against King K. Rool's inclusion, but you'd be happy if he was in? What?"

Against because i don't like him , that's all . But if he make in , and make people happy , then i'm happy !
I 'm not selfish , if people are happy about something but I'm against it ,I have no problem with it, then I am also happy for them .

That's why when i see all the salt for Roy and Ruy make me sad . Why can't they be happy for the other ?

Hope i make you proud ... T.T

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm still really hoping to see Roy with a decloned moveset. He should have almost every one of his moves changed with the exception of his Neutral B, Up B, Down B, and his N-Air (which can have an added fire effect). That way, Roy will be nothing like his originator and any argument of Roy being a 3rd Marth will not be taken seriously by most people (otherwise, they would be arguing Ike being a Marth clone as well).

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Regardless of whether people don't like Roy or not, he (potentially) will be in the game. No amount of hate can stop that.

I swear Sakurai browses Deviantart:

Also, Roy and Ryu models found. These are some nice models for sure:

I do think it's important to speak to some of the trolls or just concerned people about Roy's conclusion. Even for the people falling on deaf ears, they will be taken much less seriously from the outside anywhere they're called out, outsiders may look in and be educated on the matter of Roy's inclusion, and it may ultimately click later down the road, but we'll never know these things. There are those who complain about the sound files and those who complain about people who want Roy who I've convinced to either be neutral or help out on this thread, the Facebook group, or otherwise as just an ally out there in the world from debating a few points against them. There will be angry and unenthused people no matter what character comes, but it's important to get as many people as we can on the Roy hype train and ultimately get Roy for Smash 5 from these results if it's ever developed. Even though Roy seems 99% likely to be announced soon due to the sound files, we need to get that number as close to 100 as possible. That's my take on it.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Even though Roy seems 99% likely to be announced soon due to the sound files, we need to get that number as close to 100 as possible. That's my take on it.
Well, those 12 remaining days are going to last for an eternity...
I really hope we're going to get a big DLC pack in june/july, with Roy in of course.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
14 days actually since the digital event happens on 16th.

It's going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In the run-up to a potential Roy confirmation, I have been re-playing FE6. My team so far has been just standard fare. Roy, Alan, Lance, Chad, Hugh, Dieck, Rutger, and Clarine.

I am now halfway through the game and on Chapter 14. I was thinking about a way to spice up this run through by having Sofia be part of my team. She is an absolutely terrible character when she joins, and starts at level 1 with low base stats, and uses the heavy and thus inaccurate magic tomes, so leveling her up is a nightmare. This is my first time trying to get Sofia to be a viable unit, so does anyone have any tips to level her up without arena abuse and stat boosting items?

Troykv

Smash Master
In the run-up to a potential Roy confirmation, I have been re-playing FE6. My team so far has been just standard fare. Roy, Alan, Lance, Chad, Hugh, Dieck, Rutger, and Clarine.

I am now halfway through the game and on Chapter 14. I was thinking about a way to spice up this run through by having Sofia be part of my team. She is an absolutely terrible character when she joins, and starts at level 1 with low base stats, and uses the heavy and thus inaccurate magic tomes, so leveling her up is a nightmare. This is my first time trying to get Sofia to be a viable unit, so does anyone have any tips to level her up without arena abuse and stat boosting items?
I don't remember something in special... Try hit slow enemys with her... XD

And she can resist fine magicians if use Barrier in her.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm on Chapter 15 though my run has slowed down a bit as of late (I intend to finish the game before E3 though)

I missed my chance to recruit that guy from Ch. 13 so i'm lucky that he comes back in Ch. 15. Also, I think he has a Knight Crest which is useful for me as i've been wanting to promote both Alan and Lance (I currently only have one on me right now) and want both to be promoted at the same time.

Also, Roy hasn't gone sour for me in the game like how people make him out to be. Is their a certain chapter when he goes bad? Because from what i'm seeing, he's just fine holding his own against opposing units.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Quick FE question. Why do they give you more people than you can use? Like awakening has so many people. why do you need them? is FE6 like this too?
Edit- i never can figure out who to choose. normally i go with people i like. in awakening i normally either undo everyone and then choose my faves like marth, roy, chrom, and MU then i just randomly choose the rest since i dont really care. is that bad?

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Quick FE question. Why do they give you more people than you can use? Like awakening has so many people. why do you need them? is FE6 like this too?
Edit- i never can figure out who to choose. normally i go with people i like. in awakening i normally either undo everyone and then choose my faves like marth, roy, chrom, and MU then i just randomly choose the rest since i dont really care. is that bad?
I don't know the real reason why FE has so many characters, but I like to think that the amount is what adds to the charm of the universe. If Fire Emblem only had five or six characters, it wouldn't be the same. They all add something interesting and exciting to the lore of the Fire Emblem universe, and some create very deep side-stories such as, in my opinion, Ninian and Nils in FE7. (Gah, I just love their backstory so much and I have no clue why!)

It also gives you options on fighting based on what kind of style you like to use in games. You can make a ranged team with archers, mages, and cavaliers with spears and such, or have a rush-down type team with powerful melee weapons. You can even have a fully defensive team and tank hits whilst doling out major damage. I guess that's another perk to the amount of characters present in the game.

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
I don't know the real reason why FE has so many characters, but I like to think that the amount is what adds to the charm of the universe. If Fire Emblem only had five or six characters, it wouldn't be the same. They all add something interesting and exciting to the lore of the Fire Emblem universe, and some create very deep side-stories such as, in my opinion, Ninian and Nils in FE7. (Gah, I just love their backstory so much and I have no clue why!)

It also gives you options on fighting based on what kind of style you like to use in games. You can make a ranged team with archers, mages, and cavaliers with spears and such, or have a rush-down type team with powerful melee weapons. You can even have a fully defensive team and tank hits whilst doling out major damage. I guess that's another perk to the amount of characters present in the game.
Thanks for the info. Is it bad that i usually just choose Chrom, Marth, Roy and MU and whoever else i like. Normally i used them and Lon'qu, Ricken, Gaius and that one mage chick whos name starts with an M. cant remember it at the moment. also is breeding in awakening easy or hard? i dont even get how to get the kids when you marry someone.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Thanks for the info. Is it bad that i usually just choose Chrom, Marth, Roy and MU and whoever else i like. Normally i used them and Lon'qu, Ricken, Gaius and that one mage chick whos name starts with an M. cant remember it at the moment. also is breeding in awakening easy or hard? i dont even get how to get the kids when you marry someone.
When you marry somebody that can produce a child, a new chapter will appear on the world map. Talk to the child that appears on that map and then clear the chapter to recruit them.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Miriel is her name. To get the children units, you have to pair two units together until their support level is S, and then clear the associated level that their kid can be found on. Lucina is recruited automatically.
(Ninja'd by Wintropy! :p)

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wow, a few are playing FE6 here...

I was recently playing Shadow Dragon, and I'd like to continue... IF I COULD FIND THE DAMN CARTRIDGE T_T brb, searching the house again

@ Chris_Skorniak Chris_Skorniak I don't see anything bad using whatever units you want to use. I usually choose units I personally like, but that's what I like about FE: you can mix and match units to have interesting armies and whatnot. Breeding children (man, that always sounds weird to me), isn't that hard once you understand how the system works. I've had some children with some pretty OP skill combos (my Olivia and Inigo can like solo a whole map together because Galeforce and other ****). Here's an overview on children characters and inheritance: http://old.serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
When you marry somebody that can produce a child, a new chapter will appear on the world map. Talk to the child that appears on that map and then clear the chapter to recruit them.
Miriel is her name. To get the children units, you have to pair two units together until their support level is S, and then clear the associated level that their kid can be found on. Lucina is recruited automatically.
(Ninja'd by Wintropy! :p)
Thanks i know Lucina is automatically gotten. also how do you get Rightful King on her and is it possible to get on Marth? When i used the streetpass versions of Ike and Marth they had really good skills and i dont know if i can get them on the DLC versions of them. I currently only have Roy and Marth as DLC on my team since i cant beat the other DLC chapters yet( or ever).
Edit- whenever i read stuff about skills and kids on serenes forest i get confused.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
And here i am waiting for competant people to data-mine the predownloadable ver Of FE IF ...

Just a mention Of Roy Will be okay ...
Ctrl+F , Roy , see result ...

Please DataMiner god , please help us

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ Chris_Skorniak Chris_Skorniak Chrom will pass down Rightful King (whether he has the skill or not) to only sons. For example, if Chrom marries Olivia, their child Inigo will inherit Rightful King. Lucina cannot inherit Rightful King, but she learns it at level 15 from the Great Lord class I believe (use a Master Seal to promote Lucina from Lord to Great Lord once she's level 10 or higher).

The SF article has a chart that shows parents and who's their child, and how skill inheritance works. Basically, children will inherit the last skill equipped from both of their parents (you can reorder Skills from the "Equip Skills" menu in-game by clicking a unit). So there's some skill manipulation that could happen if you want children to have certain skills. For example, my Olivia married my male Avatar. Olivia has Galeforce as the Skill last listed (being the 5th slot in this case since she has 5 Skills), and that has been passed down to Inigo. Likewise, the Avatar has Vantage in the 5th slot and Inigo inherited that Skill.

Keep in mind that children will inherit Skills the moment you start the mission to recruit them in. When you start the mission, before clicking "Fight", view the map and check out the child you're recruiting. You can see the skills they have if you hover over them with the cursor. So if you don't see a certain Skill, you may have to Exit and re-order some Skills from the parents. I hope this clears any confusion... but if you're still having trouble, I can see what I could do. It's up to you if you want to do this sort of thing. For me I didn't breed certain Skills for all the children, just my fave characters.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Also, Roy hasn't gone sour for me in the game like how people make him out to be. Is their a certain chapter when he goes bad? Because from what i'm seeing, he's just fine holding his own against opposing units.
Yeah, my Roy is quite solid this go around. I also currently don't have him supported with anyone else.

Here are his stats at 20 unpromoted -

Compared with other characters at Level 20 -

Lugh

Lance

Rutger

Chad

I have not gotten Alan, Dieck, and Clarine to Level 20 unpromoted yet.

Roy is among my better units in this run.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
And here i am waiting for competant people to data-mine the predownloadable ver Of FE IF ...

Just a mention Of Roy Will be okay ...
Ctrl+F , Roy , see result ...

Please DataMiner god , please help us
Data miners, don't fail us now! Here's hoping someone might find something that has to do with our boy, especially if Roy isn't announced by the time FE: if is released.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
@ Chris_Skorniak Chris_Skorniak Chrom will pass down Rightful King (whether he has the skill or not) to only sons. For example, if Chrom marries Olivia, their child Inigo will inherit Rightful King. Lucina cannot inherit Rightful King, but she learns it at level 15 from the Great Lord class I believe (use a Master Seal to promote Lucina from Lord to Great Lord once she's level 10 or higher).

The SF article has a chart that shows parents and who's their child, and how skill inheritance works. Basically, children will inherit the last skill equipped from both of their parents (you can reorder Skills from the "Equip Skills" menu in-game by clicking a unit). So there's some skill manipulation that could happen if you want children to have certain skills. For example, my Olivia married my male Avatar. Olivia has Galeforce as the Skill last listed (being the 5th slot in this case since she has 5 Skills), and that has been passed down to Inigo. Likewise, the Avatar has Vantage in the 5th slot and Inigo inherited that Skill.

Keep in mind that children will inherit Skills the moment you start the mission to recruit them in. When you start the mission, before clicking "Fight", view the map and check out the child you're recruiting. You can see the skills they have if you hover over them with the cursor. So if you don't see a certain Skill, you may have to Exit and re-order some Skills from the parents. I hope this clears any confusion... but if you're still having trouble, I can see what I could do. It's up to you if you want to do this sort of thing. For me I didn't breed certain Skills for all the children, just my fave characters.
alright. i saw a thing with lucina having Galeforce which i can get when Sumia marries Chrom after i promote her. alright who do you think is good for FEA? i liked the run i had with Roy, Marth, Chrom, Lucina, MU, Sumia, Gaius, Miriel, Lon'Qu and i think that was it. maybe i might add a healer this time since they are good. But with my original question answered how/is it possible to make the DLC versions of Roy, Ike and Marth, Lyn and stuff have the same skills like they do when you get them from streetpass? Like King Marth had Astra, Rightful king, Luna, Sol, and i dont remember the last one. How does Marth get Rightful king if i cant make him into a lord?

Threedede

Smash Rookie
In FEs 1-12, I think they give you several people, including multiples of the same class, so that if one character gets hardcore RNG screwed, you have a backup. That's probably also why the Gotoh archetype (a powerful unit who joins at the very end, usually the last to join) exists.

Awakening? Beats me.

EDIT:
alright. i saw a thing with lucina having Galeforce which i can get when Sumia marries Chrom after i promote her.
Olivia, Maribelle, and a Female Robin can also pass down Galeforce, if they change to a Dark Flier and grow to Lv15. Sully and the Maiden cannot. (Said Robin twice, whoops.)

Last edited:
I just got back from playing PM for hours on end. I almost forgot how fun it and PM Roy is. They did a really good job at fixing him there, so I can see the same viability changes in Smash 4. I would like him decloned further, I give their declone job a C and B-'s a B-. I think Roy is capable of a lot more while staying true to his best, most unique moves and fundamentals.

Meatshield or box melee units with units who can't attack while Sofia picks them off. Same with archers, but have Sofia being one of the ones boxing them. Now I'm imagining her with boxing gloves trying to take down a cornered archer. If you specifically baby her like this and turtle then I think she'll be fine after one (maybe two but I doubt it) chapters.

I'm on Chapter 15 though my run has slowed down a bit as of late (I intend to finish the game before E3 though)

I missed my chance to recruit that guy from Ch. 13 so i'm lucky that he comes back in Ch. 15. Also, I think he has a Knight Crest which is useful for me as i've been wanting to promote both Alan and Lance (I currently only have one on me right now) and want both to be promoted at the same time.

Roy falls off because of his promotion time, but he's still solid at handling any given thing until that point, and you can let him loose to destroy everything once he promotes. Use Hammerne on the Sword of Seals to give it around 60 uses, and have him carry at least a Killing Edge and Wyrmslayer after promotion for when he doesn't need the Sword of Seals, maybe a Light Brand, Iron Sword, and Elixir too. He'll remain a beast with them.

It's because if you decide to carry on instead of reset after permadeath, you have a replacement cavalier or mage or such. It's also to give you many party options, via unit statistics, roles, support partners and many possible party combinations for different playstyles and replay value.

Wow, a few are playing FE6 here...

I was recently playing Shadow Dragon, and I'd like to continue... IF I COULD FIND THE DAMN CARTRIDGE T_T brb, searching the house again

@ Chris_Skorniak Chris_Skorniak I don't see anything bad using whatever units you want to use. I usually choose units I personally like, but that's what I like about FE: you can mix and match units to have interesting armies and whatnot. Breeding children (man, that always sounds weird to me), isn't that hard once you understand how the system works. I've had some children with some pretty OP skill combos (my Olivia and Inigo can like solo a whole map together because Galeforce and other ****). Here's an overview on children characters and inheritance: http://old.serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html
Spooky, I thought of finding my Shadow Dragon copy myself recently just to steamroll the game in one night.

alright. i saw a thing with lucina having Galeforce which i can get when Sumia marries Chrom after i promote her. alright who do you think is good for FEA? i liked the run i had with Roy, Marth, Chrom, Lucina, MU, Sumia, Gaius, Miriel, Lon'Qu and i think that was it. maybe i might add a healer this time since they are good. But with my original question answered how/is it possible to make the DLC versions of Roy, Ike and Marth, Lyn and stuff have the same skills like they do when you get them from streetpass? Like King Marth had Astra, Rightful king, Luna, Sol, and i dont remember the last one. How does Marth get Rightful king if i cant make him into a lord?
Use MariBAElle as a healer, or make Kellam/Sumia/Cherche a cleric for the lulz. Lissa is good if you like her. Marth gets Rightful King just because the devs wanted him to have it despite his classes, probably because he is a prince and later a king in his own world, and I think his Spotpass name is King Marth while his paid DLC name is Pr. Marth or something like that. I think only his Bonus Box version gets it, DLC units cannot receive special skills that their Spotpass counterparts get, and vice-versa, like how only DLC Micaiah can have Shadowgift. It doesn't make sense, but it's all there.

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
I just got back from playing PM for hours on end. I almost forgot how fun it and PM Roy is. They did a really good job at fixing him there, so I can see the same viability changes in Smash 4. I would like him decloned further, I give their declone job a C and B-'s a B-. I think Roy is capable of a lot more while staying true to his best, most unique moves and fundamentals.

Meatshield or box melee units with units who can't attack while Sofia picks them off. Same with archers, but have Sofia being one of the ones boxing them. Now I'm imagining her with boxing gloves trying to take down a cornered archer. If you specifically baby her like this and turtle then I think she'll be fine after one (maybe two but I doubt it) chapters.

Roy falls off because of his promotion time, but he's still solid at handling any given thing until that point, and you can let him loose to destroy everything once he promotes. Use Hammerne on the Sword of Seals to give it around 60 uses, and have him carry at least a Killing Edge and Wyrmslayer after promotion for when he doesn't need the Sword of Seals, maybe a Light Brand, Iron Sword, and Elixir too. He'll remain a beast with them.

It's because if you decide to carry on instead of reset after permadeath, you have a replacement cavalier or mage or such. It's also to give you many party options, via unit statistics, roles, support partners and many possible party combinations for different playstyles and replay value.

Spooky, I thought of finding my Shadow Dragon copy myself recently just to steamroll the game in one night.

Use MariBAElle as a healer, or make Kellam/Sumia/Cherche a cleric for the lulz. Lissa is good if you like her. Marth gets Rightful King just because the devs wanted him to have it despite his classes, probably because he is a prince and later a king in his own world, and I think his Spotpass name is King Marth while his paid DLC name is Pr. Marth or something like that. I think only his Bonus Box version gets it, DLC units cannot receive special skills that their Spotpass counterparts get, and vice-versa, like how only DLC Micaiah can have Shadowgift. It doesn't make sense, but it's all there.
allright that makes sense. too bad i cant have Marth with good skills unless i want the spotpass version. also do you think FE IF will have Marth Ike Lucina and Robin as DLC in case you cant get the amiibo?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Marth gets Rightful King just because the devs wanted him to have it despite his classes, probably because he is a prince and later a king in his own world, and I think his Spotpass name is King Marth while his paid DLC name is Pr. Marth or something like that. I think only his Bonus Box version gets it, DLC units cannot receive special skills that their Spotpass counterparts get, and vice-versa, like how only DLC Micaiah can have Shadowgift. It doesn't make sense, but it's all there.
Yeah King Marth (Spot Pass) is the only Marth that gets Rightful King. I guess a lot of DLC characters have skills that are hard to get (Spot Pass Ephraim also has Rightful King, for example). I know that you can reclass the DLC characters into any class the Avatar can, so there's a lot of skill flexibility (just not with the special skills).

Look, I just reclassed my Pr. Marth into a Dark Mage and he gained the skill Hex:

Marth has joined the dark side... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

allright that makes sense. too bad i cant have Marth with good skills unless i want the spotpass version. also do you think FE IF will have Marth Ike Lucina and Robin as DLC in case you cant get the amiibo?
I hope so... It's possible they will restock the amiibos, but it's still going to be a huge headache either way. What about those amiibo cards? Maybe they will also work for FE: if?

Either way, I'm really hoping we'll see Roy, especially since the DLC characters are looking better this time around. brb gonna make a ballot vote and mention Roy's potential appearance in FE: if.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom