• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I think the primary focus for DLC at first is going to be around letting people get teh past characters they want to play. The awesome part of DLC, especially when it is about returnign characters in a fighting game, is that if ya dont want them, ya dont need to get them. I am positive that all of the past characters will come bak [sans ice limbers due to teh 3ds hard ware problem mentioned before]
So im sure Roy and snake will ome back at some point. Since they are EASY sells to teh players of Melee and brawl [same with Wolf and maybe even Young link?]
the starting DLC will be characters mixed between Wanted vets and new characters to draw other fan bases in.
I mean once Ryu shows up then A crap ton of STREET FIGHTER and capcom fans will probably snag Smash just to see how they made Ryu fit with Sonic and mario.
.... If vets are so important to DLC market, then there should also be a quite big chance for Pichu, Squirtle and Ivysaur to come back.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Good thing there were no reveals in that direct. Now we can have all the DLC goodness at E3 and Roy's reveal isn't just randomly thrown in a region specific direct.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Good thing there were no reveals in that direct. Now we can have all the DLC goodness at E3 and Roy's reveal isn't just randomly thrown in a region specific direct.
As I expected. But, by the way, still 16 more days till E3...

Also, OMG a new monster hunter?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Mmhm, no Smash reveals in the direct, but we did get some nice FE: if footage, especially Marth's in-game appearance (they also showed Ike, Lucina, and Robin's amiibo, so I'm guessing they'll work). Looks pretty good, hopefully the other characters will get unique models this time around.

[collapse=Marth]

^ Marth totally rekts Kamui[/collapse]

royalblue

Smash Cadet
I was hoping there wouldn't be a reveal in this direct so I'm happy. E3 would be so much better. Nice to see a bit more info on FE:if though. I was on the fence about how much I wanted this game but now I'm sold.

[collapse=Marth]

As if I needed another reason to want a Roy amiibo! And aaaahhh, Marth is voiced this time around! I'm seriously hoping that you can switch languages again like in Awakening. And I also suppose this might mean more restocks on all the FE amiibos, which would be wonderful since I had to work on Friday and couldn't get my Marth. ;-;

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Marth's face is again fresh for massive fondling and squeeing, aah~ so happy I have mine still here

No news on Smash, obviously. I though now want that Roy to be real so we get the amiibo. Though I wonder will they do an update in order to include him in CN: S.T.E.A.M and Fire Emblem: IF.

Also:

Fire Emble-mie.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959

Fire Emble-mie.
I really don't know what to think about that feature yet... I loved the rest of the fire emblem info in that direct though, and and more hyped than ever for the new one.

I also hope they implement a Roy Amiibo later as well. I'd love to see him in FE14's art style!

Troykv

Smash Master
The new If's things in the Direct are cool... After in other video (bath and pseudo Pokemon Amie)... X_X

Pleasa IS... Kill yourself (?)

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Kinda hoped they implied there'd also be a another unreleased amiibo compatible with iF besides the Smash ones. Actually I think I did, but couldn't understand them.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah here's the other video they released.

Go to 5 min for the bath house scene.

There's the My Castle feature, Capsule Monsters mechanic where to take care of creatures... we Life Simulation FE now?

Marth's face is again fresh for massive fondling and squeeing, aah~ so happy I have mine still here

No news on Smash, obviously. I though now want that Roy to be real so we get the amiibo. Though I wonder will they do an update in order to include him in CN: S.T.E.A.M and Fire Emblem: IF.

Also:

Fire Emble-mie.
I can live with the bath house, but the face rubbing...

Seeing Joker reminds me of this Japanese iPhone game: Touch my Butler. You can touch and talk to your personal butler! And he could even scold you too!

Not saying I don't like stuff like that, but in FE, well I still don't know what to think lmao. It's funny because I often joked about Pokemon-Amie saying things like, "Wouldn't it be hilarious if Amie works with human NPCs?" Well... be careful what you wish for. Because it might happen in others games lol.

I wonder if DLC characters work with this feature.

And yeah, if Roy returns hopefully his Amiibo will work with S.T.E.A.M and FE: if, because it will be awesome to see him in those games.

Also, she looks vaguely familiar:

I know! She's based on Redhead Miku! :awesome:

Her name is apparently Luna btw.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
With Marth's appearance as DLC in the game, I think it's safe to assume that all the Smash Bros related FE characters will have their designs in this game (provided their DLC) based on their SSB4 appearances.

Steelia

Smash Champion
With Marth's appearance as DLC in the game, I think it's safe to assume that all the Smash Bros related FE characters will have their designs in this game (provided their DLC) based on their SSB4 appearances.
And you'd be correct.

Troykv

Smash Master
Yeah here's the other video they released.

Go to 5 min for the bath house scene.

There's the My Castle feature, Capsule Monsters mechanic where to take care of creatures... we Life Simulation FE now?

I can live with the bath house, but the face rubbing...

Seeing Joker reminds me of this Japanese iPhone game: Touch my Butler. You can touch and talk to your personal butler! And he could even scold you too!

Not saying I don't like stuff like that, but in FE, well I still don't know what to think lmao. It's funny because I often joked about Pokemon-Amie saying things like, "Wouldn't it be hilarious if Amie works with human NPCs?" Well... be careful what you wish for. Because it might happen in others games lol.

I wonder if DLC characters work with this feature.

And yeah, if Roy returns hopefully his Amiibo will work with S.T.E.A.M and FE: if, because it will be awesome to see him in those games.

Also, she looks vaguely familiar:

I know! She's based on Redhead Miku! :awesome:

Her name is apparently Luna btw.
I like the idea of have a Streetpass/Spotpass please with buildings and blah... But I see agains, bothers me A LOT all the fanservice, pseudo Amie... And that Severa-wannabe.

And... in a Friends's Words for all the dumb fanservice and ornaments: "Well you are taking this war seriously?" (He is referring to the playable characters)

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So I just came back from watching the Japanese Nintendo Direct.

No Smash reveals, but I kind of expected that and I'm honestly glad about it. I was in the middle of whether or not it would happen considering Shulk was revealed in a Japanese direct, but I also felt it was not quite the right time to reveal him.

Overall, I think it's better to save him along with the other characters for E3, since that's where all the big stuff will be revealed.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Mmhm, no Smash reveals in the direct, but we did get some nice FE: if footage, especially Marth's in-game appearance (they also showed Ike, Lucina, and Robin's amiibo, so I'm guessing they'll work). Looks pretty good, hopefully the other characters will get unique models this time around.

[collapse=Marth]

Late reply, but that Marth model though... Leagues ahead of his Awakening one, when he was literally a Lucina body swap. It's pretty identical to his Smash 4/Shin Monsho design, which is great!
I'm looking forward to Fire Emblem if! The My Castle mode looks cool as well!

Troykv

Smash Master
Late reply, but that Marth model though... Leagues ahead of his Awakening one, when he was literally a Lucina body swap. It's pretty identical to his Smash 4/Shin Monsho design, which is great!
I'm looking forward to Fire Emblem if! The My Castle mode looks cool as well!
The pose is the Lucina's one... But his design and model are now unique (New Art with Shin Monsho Outfit)... That is cool.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I just came back from watching the Japanese Nintendo Direct.

No Smash reveals, but I kind of expected that and I'm honestly glad about it. I was in the middle of whether or not it would happen considering Shulk was revealed in a Japanese direct, but I also felt it was not quite the right time to reveal him.

Overall, I think it's better to save him along with the other characters for E3, since that's where all the big stuff will be revealed.
Yeah. DLC is different in a sense that you want as many people as possible to know about what's being offered. Shulk being in Smash 4 is a big deal yes but fans will probably still buy Smash 4 which is probably why Nintendo thought it was okay to reveal him in a Japan exclusive direct. Roy, given that Nintendo needs to reveal the character on an international level and that he's already popular outside of Japan due to his appearance in Melee, it only makes sense that he would be revealed at a big time event like E3 along with the likes of Wolf and Ryu.

Subtle Roy for DLC message via weapon forging here: ;)
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkIyYl0Rg

EDIT: Another Miiverse post for the sake of silliness on Roy. Double the Roy, double our boy:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkIygvRJA

And you'd be correct.

I need that Ike now. Roy being Smash DLC would now mean:
  • HD model for Smash Wii U, neat outlined 3DS model
  • Fire Emblem: If portrait, unique model, and possibly unique battle animations and the much deserved Sword of Seals that was absent in Awakening. They could re-use his Outrealm Gate portrait if they use his Awakening design in Smash, but I'd love to see an updated design of either of his appearances.
  • Codename S.T.E.A.M portrait, possible English voice there, and his own model and attacks there.
  • Possible SMT x FE amiibo support.
Robin and Lucina staying the same is probably revenge for Marth and Ike getting such horrid Outrealm DLC designs in Awakening. :laugh:

Last edited:

Threedede

Smash Rookie
Robin and Lucina staying the same is probably revenge for Marth and Ike getting such horrid Outrealm DLC designs in Awakening. :laugh:
Guh, Ike. Marth being Lucina bodyswap was bad, but Ike, I don't even. He doesn't even look like Ike. FE:if and Sm4sh not using the Awakening design = bullet dodged, imo.
Also, I prefer Roy's Awakening design, (obviously) but I like his original too. Both outfits beingavailable seems like the best option to me.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This Amiibo support in FE14 for :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina: makes me believe more in the "immortality" of these characters. Like, IS won't ever let us forget them, because they where in Smash and apperantly also the most popular characters now because of it. And I love that, actually! Especially hyped for :4myfriends:, that design is awesome as ****!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This Amiibo support in FE14 for :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina: makes me believe more in the "immortality" of these characters. Like, IS won't ever let us forget them, because they where in Smash and apperantly also the most popular characters now because of it. And I love that, actually! Especially hyped for :4myfriends:, that design is awesome as ****!
Don't forget about :roypm:as well :estatic:

:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::roypm:all being in the game is really hype. :roypm: having his Awakening attire in Smash 4 and then bringing it over to FE14 would be even better.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Ike looks like he's ready to kick that shoeless person's (or whatever you wanna call em as their name is your choice) booty! : D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I suddenly feel the need to buy a 3DS and a Ike Amiibo... Is this how marketing people succeed in getting people's money?

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
And you'd be correct.

Ike's appearance is so hype...he looks so awesome!

I'm glad the Old-3DS amiibo adapter finally got a release date (well, for Japan) in the direct. I've had amiibos since they came out and haven't been able to use them :psycho:

Yo @ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 I need your back in the Official Character Discussion thread. There's a lot of Roy hate going on and Hecotr worshiping.
I have hornet nests as a bottom priority on my list of objectives, so I may get to it if I run out of things to do on the list and if it's ongoing a fair amount. How chaotic is that thread, exactly? Are the posts recent, or is it one muddled mess that would make it hard to do all the replying and stay in the thread without wasting time sifting a bunch of posts that aren't relevant to my goals?

I would say you have what it takes alone, just inbox me if you need help revising a counter-argument.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I have hornet nests as a bottom priority on my list of objectives, so I may get to it if I run out of things to do on the list and if it's ongoing a fair amount. How chaotic is that thread, exactly? Are the posts recent, or is it one muddled mess that would make it hard to do all the replying and stay in the thread without wasting time sifting a bunch of posts that aren't relevant to my goals?

I would say you have what it takes alone, just inbox me if you need help revising a counter-argument.
NVM, it looks like it's done now. It's all good for now.

Something that's concerned me:

I've had two people ask me to argue for Roy on their behalf in the past 24 hours, which I don't see as a good idea.

-

It's similar to sending Jagen into all your battles to fight most or all enemies on the map. Sure, you have an experienced unit with lots of battles under his belt who can mop up everything on the early maps, but what will happen later in our most crucial battles? If we only have one unit to show who hasn't grown from it, with a bunch of untrained units, how will we be able to continually show Nintendo from many people on multiple fronts that Roy deserves to be in?

What about Roy's reveal? How will we keep his reception as smooth as possible, and how will we put Roy haters in their place? We can't just leave this on a few people, we need to stand up as a revolution and prove that his DLC was deserved, and that his return to a future Smash title if we get one is even more deserved. We have a website designed to defeat any and all arguments thrown at us so far, and all of the lazy bandwagon arguments many times over, so every one of us has the means to win. Imagine at least 500 people who can defeat Roy haters or even change their minds and spread it to the many others who want Roy to return?

We need an army, even if it ends up small, who can defeat arguments and criticisms to adding Roy back in. We need to show why he's more justified than any other Fire Emblem character, why another Fire Emblem rep is justified, and so on. Hopefully, by doing this as a group, we can even get a handful of Roy haters who hop on the Roy hype train and get excited for his DLC per member.

-

We need more Abels and Cains. More Allens and Lances. More Diecks, Thanies(Thanys?), Catrias, Ogmas, etc. who realize thier potential. I'm hoping on you guys to step up to these roles and help me, are you with me?

Troykv

Smash Master

I've had two people ask me to argue for Roy on their behalf in the past 24 hours, which I don't see as a good idea.

-

It's similar to sending Jagen into all your battles to fight most or all enemies on the map. Sure, you have an experienced unit with lots of battles under his belt who can mop up everything on the early maps, but what will happen later in our most crucial battles? If we only have one unit to show who hasn't grown from it, with a bunch of untrained units, how will we be able to continually show Nintendo from many people on multiple fronts that Roy deserves to be in?

What about Roy's reveal? How will we keep his reception as smooth as possible, and how will we put Roy haters in their place? We can't just leave this on a few people, we need to stand up as a revolution and prove that his DLC was deserved, and that his return to a future Smash title if we get one is even more deserved. We have a website designed to defeat any and all arguments thrown at us so far, and all of the lazy bandwagon arguments many times over, so every one of us has the means to win. Imagine at least 500 people who can defeat Roy haters or even change their minds and spread it to the many others who want Roy to return?

We need an army, even if it ends up small, who can defeat arguments and criticisms to adding Roy back in. We need to show why he's more justified than any other Fire Emblem character, why another Fire Emblem rep is justified, and so on. Hopefully, by doing this as a group, we can even get a handful of Roy haters who hop on the Roy hype train and get excited for his DLC per member.

-

We need more Abels and Cains. More Allens and Lances. More Diecks, Thanies(Thanys?), Catrias, Ogmas, etc. who realize thier potential. I'm hoping on you guys to step up to these roles and help me, are you with me?
And of course, We need more Rutgers :awesome:

... Only left two weeks!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Looking back, I think the problem was that someone brought up that Roy's the ****tiest Lord. Funny how people don't bring up Leif or FE1 Marth. In the end though, I don't think any Lord is very bad, because they all have their utility and whatnot. And besides, I'm pretty sure the devs won't reject someone due to their in-game stats or how strong/weak they are.

I suppose it would help if we could have like, a counter argument post to this problem. Just so people could look back on it and re-post it since I bet we're all tired of the same arguments and repeating ourselves. I was hesitant to create an argument/counterargument section in the OP, because a lot of arguments against Roy are really poor, such as "Roy's the ****tiest Lord!" and "Roy has no personality!" These arguments against Roy were common before Robin and Lucina's reveal, and I still see them today (it's not so bad here, but on other sites...). But if we could clear up some misconceptions, then that will do us some good. And of course there are legitimate reasons against Roy which I'd talk about, but these bad arguments/misconceptions... hrm.

I know the site goes over some of these arguments against Roy, but it wouldn't hurt to have such section in the OP. I think to prove that Roy isn't the weakest Lord, we're going to need a lot of opinions and raw numbers though.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I have no clue what stats even have to do with characters getting into Smash Bros. Every single argument I've seen for people not wanting Roy in is that "His stats are horrible" or "He's bad in his own game why should he be be in Smash Bros.?" It might be a little biased coming from me, seeing as I play Fire Emblem for the story and not with character viability rankings or anything like that, but I think character preference should matter more in the detractors' arguments. To me, the entire stat battle is invalid. It doesn't matter. If you like the character, then support them being in Smash Bros. And if people have a solid reason for not wanting Roy back or disliking him as a character, I won't try to sway their opinions. As long as they're mature about it. And if they're not mature? I hate to say it, but the only way to deal with people like that is to try to refute all of their counter arguments until they give up, not matter how immature you may seem. All in all, stats don't matter to me for having characters in Smash Bros. Since when do stats matter in a fighting game, outside of damage output, weight, and hit/hurt-boxes? Okay, there might be a few more since competitive fighting games are kind of new to me, but I hope you get the point. Stats don't matter in character inclusion arguments. Stats are completely different from character, backstory, and development throughout the game. Simple numbers are not a reason to dislike a character in every single way, shape, and form.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I really just don't care about any haters of every character I support. I will just be happy with seeing Roy again in Smash and I'm looking forward to play with him again. It doesn't matter imo if there are haters, if we have what we want.

Troykv

Smash Master
Looking back, I think the problem was that someone brought up that Roy's the ****tiest Lord. Funny how people don't bring up Leif or FE1 Marth. In the end though, I don't think any Lord is very bad, because they all have their utility and whatnot. And besides, I'm pretty sure the devs won't reject someone due to their in-game stats or how strong/weak they are.

I suppose it would help if we could have like, a counter argument post to this problem. Just so people could look back on it and re-post it since I bet we're all tired of the same arguments and repeating ourselves. I was hesitant to create an argument/counterargument section in the OP, because a lot of arguments against Roy are really poor, such as "Roy's the ****tiest Lord!" and "Roy has no personality!" These arguments against Roy were common before Robin and Lucina's reveal, and I still see them today (it's not so bad here, but on other sites...). But if we could clear up some misconceptions, then that will do us some good. And of course there are legitimate reasons against Roy which I'd talk about, but these bad arguments/misconceptions... hrm.

I know the site goes over some of these arguments against Roy, but it wouldn't hurt to have such section in the OP. I think to prove that Roy isn't the weakest Lord, we're going to need a lot of opinions and raw numbers though.
Actualy FE1 Marth and Leif have VERY USEFUL niches...

FE1 Marth: The enemys ALWAYS prefer attack him over EVERYBODY... That includes things like a Maria with 2 HP. He is the only Rapier's user... and you can buy that things, Falchion makes he INVENCIBLE.

Leif: The only unit don't limited for the fatigue... that is a incredible niche, because he can get more Exp that other characters, and give more use to the scrolls.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Actualy FE1 Marth and Leif have VERY USEFUL niches...

FE1 Marth: The enemys ALWAYS prefer attack him over EVERYBODY... That includes things like a Maria with 2 HP. He is the only Rapier's user... and you can buy that things, Falchion makes he INVENCIBLE.

Leif: The only unit don't limited for the fatigue... that is a incredible niche, because he can get more Exp that other characters, and give more use to the scrolls.
Huh. I used to think giving Leif a moveset was impossible, but now I realise a good moveset for him might be one focused around a relentless rushdown/combo game. In other words, he never gets tired of attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom