• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Due to recent events, I started wondering . . . what are you all's thoughts on Lucina as the Marth clone? Much like how people would scapegoat Lucario as being Mewtwo's "replacement" in SSBB, did you ever view Lucina as being a replacement for Roy in SSB4?

I never did, personally; if she had had the same inner-sword-sweetspot mechanic as him, then it'd be a different story.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's the same thing as "Ike replacing Roy" or "Lucario replacing Mewtwo" in Brawl. It's just a load of crap really.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
To be honest I used to think Lucario and mewtwo were incredibly similar characters, until Iactually saw them side by side. It wasn't until I played lucario against my sis playing mewtwo that I actually saw just how different the two of them are. Just because two characters look and seem similar does not mean they are clones or replacements.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Due to recent events, I started wondering . . . what are you all's thoughts on Lucina as the Marth clone? Much like how people would scapegoat Lucario as being Mewtwo's "replacement" in SSBB, did you ever view Lucina as being a replacement for Roy in SSB4?

I never did, personally; if she had had the same inner-sword-sweetspot mechanic as him, then it'd be a different story.
I ever saw her as a replacement, and I never disliked her either. Although I did think that she killed off Roy's chances for DLC. I would still be rather pessimistic about Roy's chances if not for the data files.

:231:

Guess that's true. Anyone out here still liking FE6? I always loved the game for it's difficulty. Even though the reinforcements of the enemy are cheating *******s.
It's one of my favorite Fire Emblems, but not my #1 which goes to Thracia 776. Shoutouts to Blazing Sword, New Mystery Emblem, and Path of Radiance, my other favorites.

He isn't actually bad at all, his late promotion just hurts a lot. And FE6 has enourmous troll growth rates, so Roy having worse stats than other Lords isn't always surprising, his whole army suffers from the same fate. I actually most of the time grind Roy to Level 20 as quickly as possible, then kind of use him as a dodge tank with a Slim Sword for other characters to catch up with.
Nah he means Sophia/Sofiya, the shaman in chapter 14 (desert) that starts at a low level. Besides that, Roy's growths are on-par with the other Elibe lords, but his growths in comparison to common units in his own game actually outclass most lords when they're compared to the growths of common units in their own games. I've always wondered if Roy truly had bad growths since I always thought they were excellent compared to other units in his game, then I actually hit the lab and was pleasantly surprised. It's his promotion time that kills him, and I love meatshielding promoted units that can't do **** against Roy. I trade a sword to him if I make a slight oversight and leave a unit in a position where they'd be potentially dead, where he'll save that unit.

If we ever saw FE6 overseas, changing Roy's promotion time alone, and maybe giving the Sword of Seals infinite uses since it truly is the strongest weapon in Elibe (same case with Ragnell/Alondite having infinite uses while the Dawn Brigade weapons, Urvan, the best tomes, etc. had limited uses) along with matching Falchion and Ragnell would make it so that nobody would complain about Roy. I'm going to write to IS about that if Roy is confirmed, I already included something about that in the ballot.

I'm on Ch.8 of the story and Roy's stats seem to be just fine really. It's just his late promotion that hurts him. Besides, doesn't Eliwood promote late in the game? For me, he only promoted at the end of Ch.27.
Eliwood does promote late, but he truly shines in Hector Mode where he can get so much mileage out of his promotion. It's the only mode most fans play, and Hector Hard Mode has tons of popularity within the GBA part of the fanbase itself, yet they still use Eliwood's promotion as a point against him and act like Hector is God. At least Roy has 6 movement and an overpowered stick after his late promotion in a game where swords are the best option 100% of the time. I never understood the Hector worship and probably never will. If he wasn't in the game, or was different, I think western fans would appreciate Eliwood and Lyndis a lot more.

Do fans on your end praise Eliwood? I'm kinda glad actually. One of my goals starting out around 2010 and 2011 was to make people see that Eliwood was at least as good as Hector when Eliwood hate was there every now and then, and I continued that goal but didn't work as hard at it once 2013 and beyond hit.

I was wondering if she could reliably function as a Roy replacement at first. I was very relieved when she was nothing like Roy. Too many of her moves share trajectory, almost exact frame data, her dair shares the exact same sweetspot, and specials are almost exactly the same in how they function. Roy at least boasts his specials, up smash, Blazer (all of which have drastically different frame data than Marth), trajectory is important on moves like dtilt, and dair meteor is much harder which would honestly have a place in this game with Marth/Lucina's difficult spikes.

Also, just because a character has a similar playstyle doesn't mean they can replace what I like about Roy as a character from his game and his Awakening cameo, or his super swag armor no matter what he's wearing. That's why I was incredibly relieved when I found out Lucina was nowhere near being a Royplacement, since it made pushing for Roy's inclusion much more easy to be optimistic about, and gave me much more incentive for pushing for a declone.

It's the same thing as "Ike replacing Roy" or "Lucario replacing Mewtwo" in Brawl. It's just a load of crap really.
Yeah, those are huge loads of bs. I've mained Ike since '08 and never once viewed him as a Roy replacement. I always thought Mewtwo being replaced by Lucario (and what some said with Greninja) outright dumb since all of them share so little. Just because they're humanoid (not the egg group) Pokemon. There are people who genuinely think Lucario or Mewtwo is a clone of the other because their neutral B is the same, outside of Lucario's being aura-dependent and Mewtwo's being beefy no matter what percent (rage is a given for any move in the game, anyways).

To be honest I used to think Lucario and mewtwo were incredibly similar characters, until Iactually saw them side by side. It wasn't until I played lucario against my sis playing mewtwo that I actually saw just how different the two of them are. Just because two characters look and seem similar does not mean they are clones or replacements.
Hopefully more people who play with the Mewtwo DL-see this. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist the opportunity.

I'm afraid of people still thinking the same after, but I've seen people who think Ike's moveset is uninspired, a small few who have said Roy and Ike have the same moveset immediately before or after calling Roy a third Marth, and people who still call Falco a 100% clone who should have been removed, so I won't worry and lose sleep over them.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It really baffles me when people criticize Roy all the time and praise Eliwood and Hector nonstop. In Eliwood's case, the guy promoted around the same time as Roy and was about the same as him stat wise. In Hector's case. the guy can't even catch up to the enemy units and when he does, he constantly misses his opponents. People can give Roy crap about his flaws and whatnot but at least he's able to make it to his opponent and fight them, I can't say the same for Hector.

Maybe that can be Hector's playstyle if he's ever in Smash. It will involve all his moves being slow and missing all the time.
I really like Hector as an unit, but he does benefit greatly from stuff as Speed Wings and Secret Books. Yeah, he can get immensively Skill and Speed screwed, at least with Roy, it's only Strenght that is shaky- not even bad, just shaky. Hector with early promotion is definitely a great unit however...

Eliwood's main advantage over Roy is better caps, a horse, and using lances as a secondary weapon. But his personal weapon Durandal sucks for him, Roy's Sword of Seals is wayyyy better. Actually, it could be the best weapon of all FE games with exception to Tyring FE4 version and Ragnell. 20 uses is laughable, but well I guess that's where Hammerne is for no? :smirk:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
You also posted this in the Isaac and K. Rool thread...

Hmm.

Speak of the devil

Uh-oh, looks like Roy blew a fuse the moment he saw Lucina!

Perhaps he'll be able to have a real battle against her soon. A battle to decide who is the better Marth clone...

But we all know that prize goes to :4shulk: (that Up B maaan, what a Marth rip-off!). :troll:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I really like Hector as an unit, but he does benefit greatly from stuff as Speed Wings and Secret Books. Yeah, he can get immensively Skill and Speed screwed, at least with Roy, it's only Strenght that is shaky- not even bad, just shaky. Hector with early promotion is definitely a great unit however...

Eliwood's main advantage over Roy is better caps, a horse, and using lances as a secondary weapon. But his personal weapon Durandal sucks for him, Roy's Sword of Seals is wayyyy better. Actually, it could be the best weapon of all FE games with exception to Tyring FE4 version and Ragnell. 20 uses is laughable, but well I guess that's where Hammerne is for no? :smirk:
IDK I guess. Maybe it's because I forgot to promote Lyn and Hector until Ch.30 in the game lol. Still, Lyn was still really useful against opponents pre-promotion, often destroying the bosses on maps with relative ease where as Hector would be lucky to deal minor damage against bosses (granted if he was able to even hit them :ohwell:).

Eli's Durandal was pretty disappointing personally. I thought he would be able to lay waste to everyone on the map with his sword but instead he only does decent damage to foes on the map. Still, he was much more useful than Mr. The Fanbase Loves Me Even Though I Can't Hit My Opponents To Save My Life.

Funny how people call Roy the worst lord in the FE series when his SoS is quite literally the most OP weapon in the series overall. Maybe it's just bias against the character or their solely judging him based on his late promotion.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

I used to think Lucario replaced Mewtwo and Ike replaced Roy in Brawl, then I realised how ignorant I was.

As for Lucina, I don't hate her, in fact I like her, but she pretty much killed off Roy's chances of returning for me originally. Even though she has none of the unique attributes he has, it seemed like she took the spot as the Marth clone, and I would've completely lost all hope by this point if it wasn't for the sound files and this thread.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I found Eliwood sorta not as great as Lyn or Hector in means of being an fun unit (he felt pretty to the slow side until promotion), but he was far from being a bad character. So much struggle and great words he said during his quest, which really heightened my immersion to the story further. I have to yet play FE6 to end to give my thoughts on Roy, but we'll see.

I think I already said my stance on Lucy: which was that she was added with little building or thought, and has thus rendered her even worse than Marth (who already has been finally been nerfed to overall mediocre character in this game). I'd be quite flabbergasted if Roy managed to perform even worse than both by competitive standards, really - and TBH, him having to be based on Marth in means of sword range for example would be disastrous if taking in account his well-known inverse playstyle of Marth.

I mean yeah, Roy would have felt not entirely returning since, but after what all weird roster additions (mainly the clones), I think anything was possible. I think Roy not returning felt most driven to me after Roy Koopa's reveal + Marth having Roy's colors as a costume. Felt pretty salt-coated, really.

Whatever you're up to... bold move.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I guess i'm the only one here that thinks Lucina > Marth in Smash 4.

Also, I think Roy has the potential to jump up the tier list in this game. Most of his flaws in Melee pertained to Melee (like getting combo'd and people edge-guarding him from getting back to the stage). It's not a stretch to say that he could be a solid upper-mid tier in the game and that's not even taking in to consideration Roy potentially being revamped in the game.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

Also, I think Roy has the potential to jump up the tier list in this game. Most of his flaws in Melee pertained to Melee (like getting combo'd and people edge-guarding him from getting back to the stage). It's not a stretch to say that he could be a solid upper-mid tier in the game and that's not even taking in to consideration Roy potentially being revamped in the game.
I personally prefer Lucina over Marth since she fits my playstyle more.

I'm almost certain Roy's gonna step up in the tier list. Many of the significant flaws he had in Melee have either been toned down or removed (combos, removal of edgehogging, etc.), and I'm sure he'll get plenty of buffs.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
less than 30 days to E3.
Aka the return of a fallen hero.
God I hope this becomes a reality.
:4drmario:vs:4mewtwo:vs:4lucas:vs:roypm:vs:wolf:
Gone but back with a vengeance.
Or even better...

:4drmario:vs:4mewtwo:vs:4lucas:vs:roypm:vs:wolf:vs:popo:vs:snake:vs:younglinkmelee:

I personally prefer Lucina over Marth since she fits my playstyle more.

I'm almost certain Roy's gonna step up in the tier list. Many of the significant flaws he had in Melee have either been toned down or removed (combos, removal of edgehogging, etc.), and I'm sure he'll get plenty of buffs.
Ditto, i'm not a fan of how Marth plays in this game and Lucina just works for me a lot better than he does.

Like I said before, i'm almost certain he can be an upper-mid tier character in this game with all his Melee based flaws gone; maybe even low-high tier. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up being better than Marth.

Last edited:
My dream battle for Smash 4:

:roypm: vs. :denzel: vs. :yeahboi: vs. :marth: vs. :ike: vs. :roymelee: vs. :substitute: vs. :4mii:on :wifi:. The most epic free for all of all time. Hopefully that stage gets 8 player smash support.

In reality it's :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::roypm: versus anyone in eight player smash teams, really. Hopefully Subpsace is a DLC mode with them all working together.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Or even better...

:4drmario:vs:4mewtwo:vs:4lucas:vs:roypm:vs:wolf:vs:popo:vs:snake:vs:younglinkmelee:

Ditto, i'm not a fan of how Marth plays in this game and Lucina just works for me a lot better than he does.

Like I said before, i'm almost certain he can be an upper-mid tier character in this game with all his Melee based flaws gone; maybe even low-high tier. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up being better than Marth.
The most likely would be
:4drmario:vs:4mewtwo:vs:4lucas:vs:roypm:vs:wolf:vs:squirtle:vs:ivysaur:vs:popo:/:pichumelee: < Either or I don't who at this time.

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
So for the Roy Melee mainers here, did you guys choose Ike as your main in Brawl because you thought he essentially "replaced" Roy or did you guys move on to someone else? How was that transition?

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So for the Roy Melee mainers here, did you guys choose Ike as your main in Brawl because you thought he essentially "replaced" Roy or did you guys move on to someone else? How was that transition?
I've grown to really like Ike, but in the beginning, I wasn't really a fan, and I moved on to someone else. Sonic was my most wanted character for Brawl, so obviously I decided to main him alongside Toon Link, though I would of done this either way since I always pick a favorite newcomer in each game and take my time to learn them. I still use my old mains as well, though, and I really missed Roy since he was my 2nd favorite newcomer in Melee alongside Mr. Game & Watch.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Back when Brawl was first released, I was just happy to play it and didn't realise Roy's absence until much later. I did enjoy playing as Ike, though, but only until recently did I pick up a set of mains, including Ganondorf and Wolf.

Ike was my main in Brawl before I really even cared about Roy. I picked up Ike two years before I touched an FE game. Once I got into FE7, then FE6, then FE8, and picked up a copy of Melee again while playing FE9, I was overjoyed to see Roy again on a roster and he became my favorite Smash character equally with Ike. I still feel the same. I picked up Ike because I was a huge FF fanboy and Cloud fanboy in 2008, stuck with him later due to knowing him so well and knowing him in Path of Radiance, and Roy getting back into Melee because he was one of my favorite FE characters. FE9 made Ike one of my favorite FE characters as well but I didn't really care for his FE10 appearance later down the line.

Now I'm just glad Ike made it back. If Roy makes it, then this will be the perfect smash game alongside Project M for me.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Eliwood is a much better unit in Hector Mode indeed due to his faster promotion. Out of that, he can really take advantage of his usage of lances, making him far more versatile. Hector is surprisingly bad on his own mode actually. Especially in Hard Mode where things will start doubling him. He doesn't like that before Defence really starts kicking in. But Skill and Speed can really be an issue. Lyn is an amazing unit all around though, but I think she's better off with the S rank Bow than Sol Katti. With Eliwood and Hector, it's basically all about who's mode your playing. Both have potential to be screwed with stats though, but Eliwood with his "balanced" growths is more prone to being overall weak, whereas Hector will simply just be slow. Lyn can be much worse if her mode hasn't been played to though! But all units from Lyn's squad suffer from that.

Roy being "sword locked" isn't exactly bad either, I agree. Swords are clearly the best weapon from the melee weapons in FE6, and axes especially are sucky. Only Dieck can really make them shine, or you must have a Skill blessed Gonzales lol. Lances, and especially Dragon Knights are also useful, but FE6 is mostly about swords and magic users. Really love Sue and Shin in FE6 to though. But my army is mostly just Roy, Alan, Lance, Lilina, Sue, Shin, Miledy, Zeiss, Clarine, Dieck, Rutger and whoever else I can tag along. Gonzales often gets lucky to because he's a loveable idiot, and Lugh has his uses as well as his Shaman brother, and Fir to. But I don't often stray from these units in FE6.

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
I think that only because I hate Marth's tipper, which is one of the reasons I love playing as Roy. It's really satisfying to be rewarded for fighting up close. Lucina's alright I guess, but she is more like a "tipper-less" Marth, while Roy had uniqueness in things like his up smash, up B and neutral B, and of course his sweetspot (while Lucina has none).

Roy's Road to E3 - Quote of the Day #4:

"Roy: No, I’m not making fun of you. You see, I have to always show people that I’m happy and confident because I’m the leader. But I often get depressed or become worried. Oh, I wanted to ask you, is there some kind of tip that you can give me to stay happy like that?"

Leadership is difficult and imposes a lot of stress on those who choose to carry the torch. Especially those who are thrown into a leadership role out of nowhere with little or no preparation, such as Roy. We at least need help from trusted friends in these situations on just staying sane, most of the time that's all that is needed. It's really underrated and trying to get through things alone is something I do too much.

From Roy's C support with Thany. Conversation for more context:

Thany: What’s the matter, Master Roy? Do you need something?
Roy: No. I was just thinking that you always seem so…free of worries.
Thany: Hey! …Are you making fun of me?
Roy: No! I’m envious.
Thany: …I still think I’m being made fun of.
Roy: No, I’m not making fun of you. You see, I have to always show people that I’m happy and confident because I’m the leader. But I often get depressed or become worried. Oh, I wanted to ask you, is there some kind of tip that you can give me to stay happy like that?
Thany: Tip?
Roy: You know, something to do or a certain mindset you should be in, or something.
Thany: Well… Eat well, sleep well, and laugh well.
Roy: …Is that all?
Thany: Probably. That’s all you need to enjoy life, right?
Roy: Well…maybe.
Thany: I think you’re thinking too deeply. Well, probably you have to because you’re in such a position… Anyway, I don’t think it’s as complicated as you think.

Also, here's some awesome Miiverse posts supporting our cause:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkFvSMNug

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkF2fsh9A

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Roy's Road to E3 - Quote of the Day #4:

"Roy: No, I’m not making fun of you. You see, I have to always show people that I’m happy and confident because I’m the leader. But I often get depressed or become worried. Oh, I wanted to ask you, is there some kind of tip that you can give me to stay happy like that?"

Leadership is difficult and imposes a lot of stress on those who choose to carry the torch. Especially those who are thrown into a leadership role out of nowhere with little or no preparation, such as Roy. We at least need help from trusted friends in these situations on just staying sane, most of the time that's all that is needed. It's really underrated and trying to get through things alone is something I do too much.

From Roy's C support with Thany. Conversation for more context:

Thany: What’s the matter, Master Roy? Do you need something?
Roy: No. I was just thinking that you always seem so…free of worries.
Thany: Hey! …Are you making fun of me?
Roy: No! I’m envious.
Thany: …I still think I’m being made fun of.
Roy: No, I’m not making fun of you. You see, I have to always show people that I’m happy and confident because I’m the leader. But I often get depressed or become worried. Oh, I wanted to ask you, is there some kind of tip that you can give me to stay happy like that?
Thany: Tip?
Roy: You know, something to do or a certain mindset you should be in, or something.
Thany: Well… Eat well, sleep well, and laugh well.
Roy: …Is that all?
Thany: Probably. That’s all you need to enjoy life, right?
Roy: Well…maybe.
Thany: I think you’re thinking too deeply. Well, probably you have to because you’re in such a position… Anyway, I don’t think it’s as complicated as you think.

Also, here's some awesome Miiverse posts supporting our cause:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkFvSMNug

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkF2fsh9A
I always keep remembering this part of Roy well - I mean, a lot say he's "bland" due having not much "flaws" while having the usual good virtues, but this is what they might usually miss out of him. It's difficult for him to keep this kind of a position and mindset up in such dire times of war like he had along with his army. Quite compliments his good intellect too.

SlyTyler

Smash Rookie
NNID
t.sherry3
3DS FC
1590-4779-5709

Your not the only one who thinks Lucina is better than Marth! Honestly she just is more balanced and if Roy was to return I feel they could keep the original neutral special and then fix his flaws like a rebalanced air game.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
News on FE Ifs weapon triangle: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/fire_emblem_if_changes_the_traditional_weapons_triangle

"Yet Intelligent Systems is going further, shaking up its classic Weapons Triangle in Fire Emblem If, which in some cases has been joined by an equivalent 'Trinity of Magic' in past releases. It used to be that swords beat axes, axes beat lances and lances beat swords, but that's changing up. The latest issue of Famitsu states that the triangle is changing to "swords and magic, over axes and bows, over lances and dark weapons"; this plays into the light and dark aspect of the dual release, naturally."

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It really pains me to see that people think that Roy will unquestionably be released at the FE concert instead of E3. Honestly, what's there to gain from doing that? FE is going to be shown off at E3 as well so why he wouldn't be shown there I just don't know.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
News on FE Ifs weapon triangle: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/fire_emblem_if_changes_the_traditional_weapons_triangle

"Yet Intelligent Systems is going further, shaking up its classic Weapons Triangle in Fire Emblem If, which in some cases has been joined by an equivalent 'Trinity of Magic' in past releases. It used to be that swords beat axes, axes beat lances and lances beat swords, but that's changing up. The latest issue of Famitsu states that the triangle is changing to "swords and magic, over axes and bows, over lances and dark weapons"; this plays into the light and dark aspect of the dual release, naturally."
You know, I actually approve this change a lot. This basically addresses up Magic-users being easily broken (especially with dark magic combined) in Awakening while also making bow users actually useful this time. Quite curious to see where they take this.

Last edited:

QUACK DER BRUCHTPILOT

Smash Rookie
I vote Roy every day, I just felt so pro wrecking Level 9 CPUs by just using neutral B explosion lol

When they change him too much I'll be pissed, Neutral B has to be the same imo

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
It really pains me to see that people think that Roy will unquestionably be released at the FE concert instead of E3. Honestly, what's there to gain from doing that? FE is going to be shown off at E3 as well so why he wouldn't be shown there I just don't know.
Also if you're going to reveal a Smash Bros. character, regardless of who it is, it'd make sense to do it in an event where Smash Bros. fits more, which is E3 rather than the FE concert.
Whatever, I guess we'll find out either way in a month....

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
I didn't have a Brawl main. Never got into it enough. I suppose if I had to pick, it'd be Tink since I always liked playing Link, too.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I used to think that, but after looking at it from another point of view, I think it would be better to show Roy at E3. It would gain much more exposure this way instead of via a Japan only concert. Plus, I'm sure Sakurai doesn't want to steal the whole show by announcing him there, so he's most likely gonna just announce the release date of him there.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
Ok.. just to get it off my chest since I love playing both of them..
Why in the world do people think Roy and Ike play the same? Because they dont, and thats obviouse to any who has played them both. Roy is fast, and moves like marth yeah, but hes a far more close ranged fighter with added fire effect to many of his attacks. Meaning naturally you get closer to the target in order to do more hits and more damage. roys charged Flame attack is also a Slash forwards with the range of a frontal smash attack.
Ike is a walking TANK of a man. Hes slower than some [lot faster in 4 which is AWEEEESSOOOMMEEE ^_^] but he hits like a brick wall. He has a similar sweet spot in the center of his attack, but its not as much of a focus. You smash some one as Ike, and they are GONE.
Ike also has soem very unique and funny strategy to himself, thanks to Aether invincibility. I honestly LOVE setting off Smart bombs and Explosive crates with teh first part of the aether attack. Sure you take damage, but thanks to your heavy weight its not such a big deal. Hell timed right its actually more useful than counters or dodges in regards to final smash avoiding. big Laser, or someone comming to beat the tar out of you? One timed dose of Aether,, and your problems just Fall below you. [some times dying in the process.. right Marth? .. Marth? Oh right.. he went off the side..
hehehe
Speaking of marth lets toss him in here too. Hes another fast speedy, multi hit combo machine fighter. Hes lighter than most, but like roy has a counter, and requires alot more timing to his attacks. [since his spot is the TIP of his sword.] Does less base damage, but is faster in recoverign from mistakes, and at getting out of the way of problems. Sure he and Roy have the same move set. But Roy is built to Charge up and let loose teh fury of flames, while MArth is like pichu, young/toon link, and fox where its Get in.. slam them alot, get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom