• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I know this is the Roy thread, so I expect some bias, but who is your favorite FE character to play as in Smash?
I actually like Lucina a lot. Compared to SSB4 Marth, where each non-tipper move feels like it's not doing a whole lot, Lucina's balanced blade keeps me motivated to continually land blows and rack up damage. While I love Roy, I'm pretty terrible with him; my fingers cannot keep up with fast-fallers, and he's no exception. Combos are really difficult for me. I feel I might be better with Marth, but I enjoy playing Roy more. Wasn't a fan of either Ike or Marth in SSBB, and not a fan of Ike or Robin in SSB4.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I know this is the Roy thread, so I expect some bias, but who is your favorite FE character to play as in Smash?

In Melee, it was Roy, even if I only remember him playing more compared to Marth when it came to trying both, but I didn't play either too much compared to Kirby, Peach or Pikachu, my other faves.

In Brawl, it was none. Ike didn't entirely interest me, and Marth being less cool to Roy but the latter not even returning was kind of a bore bummer. That was before getting Project M as I grew less and less liking of Brawl for not being as tight and fast in gameplay as Melee. There I picked up Marth after being easily defeated by my lil bro's Mario, and when discovering his combo potential and dance-like synergy within his sword hits through sheer practice and experimentation, he instantly grew into one of my biggest favorites in the entire series.

Roy, after being implemented to Project M as well, also grew into my big fan-favorite for having amazingly crafted offensive moveset that also flowed well on itself, and was a major contributor to go check more deeply into the character and become a fan like I am to him today.

On Sm4sh, I tend to play Robin a lot as of today. As a mage-based character in Sm4sh while also based on my fave class in Awakening, he's a big treat to be around, as long as people don't rub Chrom's deconfirmation on his expense.

A lot say how difficult he is to pick up, and I can get behind that as I had to take my time to truly "click" within him and find satisfaction on his playstyle. Gladly enough, he's been fixed over time and has become one of the more powerful characters I use.
I also use Lucina time to time to play major rush-down semi-combo char as her, which I seem to quite enjoy as it reminds me of Marth's precious playstyle, but is easily countered by more mindful players, as she's reliant on getting hits, but is stuck with Marth's piss-poor range (which without the tip, is actually slightly smaller!) that gimps this playstyle if reliant completely, so you gotta "chip in" damage and be more mindful how you get in. But then again, this means that I should move on playing Marth due him benefitting from tippers from this kind of playstyle... which brings me to another point:

Marth, being so heavily butchered in his previous playstyle and mechanics in his attacks (major landing lag across his moves, slower on air, poor throws and combo/set-up potential overall, reliant on easily countered gimmicks combined with predictable hit&run walling) has had me very much consider dropping him from the mains, as while he's good when used well, I think so many other characters keep being much better and flexible compared to him nowadays, and he majorly lacks the advantages to compete with 'em to the point I feel gimped in skill when playing as Marth. He just doesn't have "it" anymore. Which is why I hope for Roy to replace him if he's confirmed, and play as Lucina primarily for other kcks until then.

As of today, I'd put it in Marth, Roy and Robin, with Lucina as the last. Incase Roy gets confirmed, I might have Roy and Robin as my primary FE-chars in Sm4sh probably later.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

I personally hope Roy becomes my favorite FE character in Smash 4, mainly because Marth is just so much harder to play as compared to previous installments. However, my feeling of resentment come from online matches and 3DS controls, which could be just bad experiences. Lucina just doesn't cut it for me, with Marth and Roy, you are locking yourself into a certain playstyle which feels extremely rewarding when you hit that sweetspot. With Lucina, I just don't have that rewarding feeling.

Ike, I am actually decent with him, same with Robin, however, both require extreme concentration from me and I actually have to exclusively train as either one of these two FE characters to play very well with them. I blame my poor Robin skills due to my time as Link, I try to play like Link when I should play as Robin. Ike just requires more concentration from me, and my dodge, shielding, reads, etc.

I currently think Marth is my favorite FE character in Smash, but it could just be that I love the Ken Combo, which I know is possible as Roy, well at least the satisfying Dair is possible, don't quote me on Roy Ken Combo please.

What about you guys?
I love all the Fire Emblem characters, they're a lot of fun to play as.

Roy's my favorite and he always will be. I instantly liked him as soon as I saw that his color was my favorite, red, and several of his attacks had a fire effect, my favorite element, and he had my favorite type of weapon, a sword. As I started to learn more about him and the game and series he originated from, I grew to like him even more. Roy will always have a special place in my heart, and I've been supporting his return ever since he was cut from Brawl.

Marth has always been a secondary throughout the series ever since Melee, and while I may not like him as much as Roy, I still really enjoy him.

I originally didn't care much for Ike, but as I started to learn him, he's become a character I greatly enjoy playing as.

I felt the same about Robin, but once I learned more about Awakening and his character alongside Lucina's, I grew to really like them both as characters, and I use them frequently.

Last edited:

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
I obviously enjoy Roy the most (especially in PM) I like all the FE characters though in Smash 4 rankings for personal favorite fe characters goes Robin, Marth, Ike, Lucina.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35

I personally hope Roy becomes my favorite FE character in Smash 4, mainly because Marth is just so much harder to play as compared to previous installments. However, my feeling of resentment come from online matches and 3DS controls, which could be just bad experiences. Lucina just doesn't cut it for me, with Marth and Roy, you are locking yourself into a certain playstyle which feels extremely rewarding when you hit that sweetspot. With Lucina, I just don't have that rewarding feeling.

Ike, I am actually decent with him, same with Robin, however, both require extreme concentration from me and I actually have to exclusively train as either one of these two FE characters to play very well with them. I blame my poor Robin skills due to my time as Link, I try to play like Link when I should play as Robin. Ike just requires more concentration from me, and my dodge, shielding, reads, etc.

I currently think Marth is my favorite FE character in Smash, but it could just be that I love the Ken Combo, which I know is possible as Roy, well at least the satisfying Dair is possible, don't quote me on Roy Ken Combo please.

What about you guys?
I use all the FE characters in this game. Marth is probably my most favorite though he was main in Brawl and despite his unnecessary nerfs I still find him fun to use in Smash 4.

I prefer Brawl Ike to Smash 4 Ike but I admit he has some good followups in this game compared to his Brawl counterpart, I still have a bad habit of trying to jab cancel with Ike in Smash 4 though. I didn't like Robin much at first, I felt he was sort of gimmicky and sluggish but after taking some time to learn his moveset I started to enjoy using him the bad part about using Robin though is that you get crap for "camping" or "projectile spamming" ESPECIALLY on For Glory.

Lucina is my least used FE character for obvious reasons, since I already know how to use Marth she doesn't really offer me much from a gameplay standpoint but if I'm having a bad day with Marth I'll use her.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Shoot, why do people here dislike Ike? I mean, I honestly feel like his character is the best in all the Fire Emblem series. I'm guessing that most of you who don't have a connection to Ike haven't played Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, because it's impossible to not have a connection after playing those games. Are people still salty for Ike "taking" Roy's place in Melee?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Shoot, why do people here dislike Ike? I mean, I honestly feel like his character is the best in all the Fire Emblem series. I'm guessing that most of you who don't have a connection to Ike haven't played Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, because it's impossible to not have a connection after playing those games. Are people still salty for Ike "taking" Roy's place in Melee?
Oh, hardly. Speaking personally, I've had some bad experiences with, ah... his fangirls. Left a bad impression in the long run. Doesn't help I didn't really enjoy Path of Radiance, either. He has a cool moveset, but I can never play him without being reminded of these things.

I haven't seen Ike hate here. Just people not liking his playstyle. Makes sense, since the question was gameplay-based. Ike is a really well-developed character in Path of Radiance. He already grew well and was a successful successor to his father in Radiant Dawn, there wasn't much that could be done with developing him further there and I didn't find his Radiant Dawn character particularly interesting. Path of Radiance is why Ike is my boy just as much as Roy. At least with Roy, I can see many paths that can be taken after the war for him, and more possible growth for his character since he still has things to wrap up, which is why I'd like to see a Binding Blade sequel.

For me?

Top:
  • PM Roy
  • PM Ike before 3.0
  • Brawl Marth
  • Brawl- Marth
  • Brawl- Roy
  • Brawl- Ike
  • Sm4sh Ike

High:

Middle:
  • Robin

Low:
  • Sm4sh Marth

Eh, sometimes I guess:
  • Lucina

(not a tier list, just a list of how much I like playing each)

There's still times where I'll want to play Lucina more than Ike in Sm4sh, but it's rare.

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Hey guys i dont mean to toot my own horn here but i was thinking that since i just started my first LP which is of Super Mario 64 that maybe my next one could be of a blind playthrough of Fire Emblem 6 Roys game. I gave it a shot a while ago then i updated the translation for it and i lost my data i was only on chapter 5 anyways. The only thing is with Fire Emblem i dont know what id talk about. In my current LP i just really talk about the stars and how to do them since i dont know what to talk about. I just thought maybe FE6 would be a good candidate even though i suck hard at FE in general.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I haven't seen any Ike hate here from my own experience. As a Fire Emblem character, he's one of the most liked and popular in the whole series, and I've also grown to like and respect him after looking up more of his character, though I can understand why some people don't like his playstyle in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ike is overall pretty damn beloved. I actually tried his play-style and it's not bad, but I guess I just have my fixes already in other chars.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I haven't seen Ike hate here. Just people not liking his playstyle. Makes sense, since the question was gameplay-based. Ike is a really well-developed character in Path of Radiance. He already grew well and was a successful successor to his father in Radiant Dawn, there wasn't much that could be done with developing him further there and I didn't find his Radiant Dawn character particularly interesting. Path of Radiance is why Ike is my boy just as much as Roy. At least with Roy, I can see many paths that can be taken after the war for him, and more possible growth for his character since he still has things to wrap up, which is why I'd like to see a Binding Blade sequel.
Yeah, I rarely see any Ike hate here. A lot of people praise Ike for how he is in his games. In Smash though, I'm not going to spend time and energy learning a character if I really don't like how they play.

I would love to see a Binding Blade sequel mostly because I'd love to know what becomes of Idenn. How would you guys envision the sequel? Would it be set shortly after the events of FE6, or years after? Actually, since a lot of characters are basically kids, it would be interesting to see them when they're older.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Since I really like almost all of the FE characters' playstyles, I'll go theough each one.

Marth:
I'm going to be honest, I prefer a character with a projectile. However, Marth is an exception to this. I really enjoy his playstyle in Melee. Spacing out your opponent to get those tippers and combos off is really rewarding. It forces me to think while I'm playing, which I like.

Roy:
I like Marth over Roy in Melee. But in P:M, Roy seems like a completely different character to me, and suddenly becomes my favorite. All of his moves just seem right for the character. Te sweetspot on the blade also forces you to get as close to the opponent as possible, the playstyle I use in most other games. I'm usually the more "let me get in your face and kill you" kind of player in games, and Roy fits this, especially in P:M.

Ike:
POWER. FULLY CHARGED SMASH ATTACK, DESTROY EVERYONE. But seriously, when I'm goofing off, Ike is hilariously fun to play as. He has raw power but slow attacks, and it's enjoyable to beat up my friends who are worse than me with his attacks. Competitively, I would NEVER play as Ike, but in the sense of playing for fun it's amazing to use his strong attacks.

Robin:
My main character of Smash 4. He (I play with the male skin) took a while to click for me, with the slow walking speed and odd magic. However, after I got beat by a scrub Ness-player at a local, I chose him as my main over Link. Now, his moveset just makes sense. I see what Sakurai meant by "Everything just seemed to fall into place." Even if Robin is low-tier, I will remain hopeful with the character that I have grown to love as a main.

Lucina:
How could I not love playing as my daughter?! Okay, let's be more serious here. Her moves are almost the same as Marth's, so she took not long to get used to. I also like the balance on her blade when I'm playing, not for any reason at all. It just feels good to have that. She's not my favorite out of all the characters, but her playstyle and mechanics are very likable to me.

EDIT: Spelling. I'm a ditz when it comes to typing on my phone.

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
My FE favorites to play as in smash are
Number 1- Roy in both Melee and PM but PM takes the cake for best overall FE character.
Number 2- Ike only in PM i really do not like how slow Ike is in Brawl and Sm4sh
Number 3- Marth in melee and PM he is good and i occasionally switch to him from Roy if i have to
Number 4- Robin well i only rarely touch Robin since i dont like how she plays.
Number 5- Lucina dont even touch her at all. Dont understand her as a character in her own game even. FE:A Lucina sucks just as much as Sm4sh Lucina
Some may disagree with me on this but w/e its their choice. Most people i know here hate Roy and i beat them with him in Melee and even worse in PM. Im the only real Roy main where i live.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This should probably go without saying, but it's Robin for me. Robin is one of my all-time favorite video game characters, and after supporting him/her throughout Smash speculation, having him/her on the roster is a dream come true for me. It also helps that I adore Robin's play style. The mix of zoning, trapping, and devastatingly powerful attacks through magic and blade is a sheer joy to play, and it's incredibly refreshing after seeing strictly close-range swordsmen representing the series.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Lucina or Robin for me. Both are subs.

I pray for Tiki and Anna. That would make me happy beyond conception.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Nothin' wrong with appreciating a good game.

It also brought Tiki back to the fore, which is a good thing.

Last edited:

royalblue

Smash Cadet
I'm sure it would come as a surprise to no one to hear that Roy is my favorite. From the moment I unlocked him in Melee I liked him better than Marth and his playstyle clicked with me much more. He's who I main in PM as well and his inclusion was the reason I wanted to try it in the first place.

Although I didn't use Marth nearly as much in Melee (he was my tertiary main, right behind Peach), I started using him almost exclusively in Brawl, which continued into Smash 4. Since then I've become much more attached to him as both a fighter in Smash and as a character.

I didn't even touch Ike for the first time until 2013. I really like him as a character but I've never been fond of the really slow and heavy characters in any games. But I've learned that he's a fun character to mess around with and landing fully charged hits with him is so satisfying because of how stupidly strong he is.

I didn't really have any expectations for Robin, but I think he/she is a really fun character and while I would never main him/her, I find myself using him/her a lot when I want to play as someone other than Marth or Peach.

I have yet to touch Lucina, and I don't know if I ever will. I'm pretty sure that she is the only one in the entire cast of Smash 4 that I haven't played as yet.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Just a random question that I came up with five seconds ago... Since I'm an avid amiibo collector, it would be interesting to hear what you guys think a Roy amiibo would look like/what you would do to get it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It would have t3h ph1r3 and burn anyone that touches it.

Troykv

Smash Master
Just a random question that I came up with five seconds ago... Since I'm an avid amiibo collector, it would be interesting to hear what you guys think a Roy amiibo would look like/what you would do to get it.
Well... I wish that he have some pose from actual official arts xD

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I would fight back all Roy haters and Scalpers to get a Roy DLC amiibo, but I would like to have some help, liberating the amiibo stock. After all, strength in numbers.

Hey guys i dont mean to toot my own horn here but i was thinking that since i just started my first LP which is of Super Mario 64 that maybe my next one could be of a blind playthrough of Fire Emblem 6 Roys game. I gave it a shot a while ago then i updated the translation for it and i lost my data i was only on chapter 5 anyways. The only thing is with Fire Emblem i dont know what id talk about. In my current LP i just really talk about the stars and how to do them since i dont know what to talk about. I just thought maybe FE6 would be a good candidate even though i suck hard at FE in general.
FE6 from a blind perspective would still be good. It makes me think of Markiplier playing hard games blind and cutting and editing his restarts to show his frustration and different attempts briefly without dragging out any runs. I think Off and Five Nights at ****boys (the RPG parody series he plays, not Five Nights at Freddy's) are perfect to take from and build on. Nobody uses him as a walkthrough or source of information on those games, just pure entertainment. Make that clear from the start and touch up on it every now and then if you have trouble coming up with what to say.

Yeah, I rarely see any Ike hate here. A lot of people praise Ike for how he is in his games. In Smash though, I'm not going to spend time and energy learning a character if I really don't like how they play.

I would love to see a Binding Blade sequel mostly because I'd love to know what becomes of Idenn. How would you guys envision the sequel? Would it be set shortly after the events of FE6, or years after? Actually, since a lot of characters are basically kids, it would be interesting to see them when they're older.
Roy denies high positions of nobility while remaining marquess, helping those hit hard by the war rebuild.

I can't see the bandit problem as a whole going away immediately, if ever. Those who followed the Black Fang's or Zephiel's ideals could always resurface, and other threats can come in. We could see Roy, returning soldiers, returning FE7 characters who never made FE6, and new soldiers from these towns and cities, who drive out these threats and help rebuild afterwards, going across the world and revisiting the places of Elibe we know and love while digging further into Elibe's deep lore with new locations. It doesn't necessarily need any one major or powerful villain, either.

You guys think Ike is slow?

My ike is on crack you guys don't even know. I'm uploading a random replay of my Ike as we speak, I'll post it when it's up.

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
FE6 from a blind perspective would still be good. It makes me think of Markiplier playing hard games blind and cutting and editing his restarts to show his frustration and different attempts briefly without dragging out any runs. I think Off and Five Nights at ****boys (the RPG parody series he plays, not Five Nights at Freddy's) are perfect to take from and build on. Nobody uses him as a walkthrough or source of information on those games, just pure entertainment. Make that clear from the start and touch up on it every now and then if you have trouble coming up with what to say.
Well i guess i can do that i know for a fact i wont get the best ending and stop at ch 25 though. Still got to finish up Mario then ill think about it.

Well i guess i can do that i know for a fact i wont get the best ending and stop at ch 25 though. Still got to finish up Mario then ill think about it.
You should go for it anyways, I was able to get it back when I wasn't the best FE player.

http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/miscellaneous/gaiden-chapters/

Serenes and GameFAQ's have a lot of helpful guides to beat the game and get all the ending requirements. I can guide you through any chapter with a general strategy if I know your party.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I have to agree with @ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 , Ike isn't slow, I have been in matches before and manage to pull out a 70% combo acrossed the screen.

Edit: Yes, 200 posts and a new rank/title/whatever is under my name.

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
You should go for it anyways, I was able to get it back when I wasn't the best FE player.

http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/miscellaneous/gaiden-chapters/

Serenes and GameFAQ's have a lot of helpful guides to beat the game and get all the ending requirements. I can guide you through any chapter with a general strategy if I know your party.
partys? dont you normally just use a handfull of people? like in FE:A i only used King marth Ike and Chrom and my unit. i just never could understand the whole weapon thing and weaknesses and what was good and what wasnt. i even played on casual mode since it was my first and only real FE game ive played. still only have tried FE6 and thats the only other one since i love Roy

partys? dont you normally just use a handfull of people? like in FE:A i only used King marth Ike and Chrom and my unit. i just never could understand the whole weapon thing and weaknesses and what was good and what wasnt. i even played on casual mode since it was my first and only real FE game ive played. still only have tried FE6 and thats the only other one since i love Roy
Roy and nine other units will suffice. 10 is endgame and trial map size.

As a beginner party, I suggest:

Roy
Lance
Allen
Dieck
Thany
Lugh
Rutger
Clarine
Miledy
Lalum/Elphin

All have among the best jointimes in the game besides the last two which still aren't bad jointimes, solid base stats, solid growths, and they fill every role you need while letting you cheese the game from the beginning. You have a lord, a myrmidon, and two cavaliers, which are extremely good classes in this game. You can use all legendary weapon categories except bows, dark magic, and light magic, but you won't need them, and Durandal/Armads/Malte/Forblaze can be substituted by wyrmslayers with your 5 sword users, plus possibly Miledy and Thany if you raise their sword ranks after promotion, plus magic from Lugh. Swords are so good in this game that an abundance of sword users will hinder you less than a different weapon on each character, and cavalry is broken which makes Allen and Lance even better.

Why is cavalry broken?

Cavalier:
-7 movement
-Can move for the rest of their movement value after visiting/using an item/rescuing/dropping/talking
-Powerful rescue ability via the AID stat being boosted for mounted units while being easy to rescue
-Two weapon types

Typical promoted unit:
-6 movement
-Two weapon types
-Can begin to S-rank weapons

Promoted cavalier:
-8 movement
-Can move for the rest of their movement value after visiting/using an item/rescuing/dropping/talking
-Powerful rescue ability via the AID stat being boosted for mounted units while being easy to rescue
-3 weapon types
-Can begin to S-rank weapons

Their weaknesses are low desert movement (negligible for the one desert chapter, even) and horseslaying weapons (which are so far and few I often forget they exist in this game) which weren't used enough to balance them out. Fliers have to be afraid of bows in general, and need to get by on lances until promotion, even if they're not hindered by terrain.

Also, for anything you need to fly to, or any emergency rescue and retreat tactics into the mountains or seas as a panic button to avoid almost everything, you have Thany early on, and Miledy as an addition later.

Last edited:

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
is it bad that i updated the games translation so that Diecks name isnt Dieck and they say things like elfire and arcfire and how do you promote and when normally? in FEA i never did it right

Last edited:
is it bad that i updated the games translation so that Diecks name isnt Dieck and they say things like elfire and arcfire and how do you promote and when normally? in FEA i never did it right
You get promotion items as the game progresses from chests and villages. Each tells you who they promote. For the suggestions I gave, you just need two Knight Crests, two Guiding Rings, two Elysian Whips, and two Hero Crests which gives you room to miss some promotion items. You can also buy any you missed later.

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
I like Ike! Ike was a fine replacement for Roy in Brawl. He was my main in it. I use him in Brawl, PM, and Smash 4. He's pretty cool. At first I wasn't feeling Ike in Smash 4 for some reason. He felt different than his Brawl counterpart. But I got into him again and now he's one of my secondaries. It seems his popularity since Brawl died down. I remember those days and everyone thought he was OP. Or basically like Brawl's "Little Mac". People said that he needed no skill to be used because he's too strong. But I say hell to them because I loved him in Brawl. He's a great character.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Upload finally went through.

But can you do this?

I have done that^, but I usually use it as a suicide if I have a stock advantage.

This video was done before any balancing patches I believe, and before I played as, only messed around with Ike in Smash 4. Context for the battle, my opponent beat my Link with a strong strike from Ike when I had been winning the match, and I was mad/salty/whatever you want to call it. So much so that I switched to Ike, (I also used the Chrom pallet at the time, so I wasn't changing it), and idiotically decided to have an Ike ditto with someone who mains Ike. Ike to me was only a secondary at best, but the skill gap was there if you watch the video. If you don't want to watch the whole match, please start at 1:45, and the match is less than 2:30. My Ike has gotten much better than it was in that video, and I was raging for most of that match. Sorry for the bad video quality, it was the best I had at the time to save the match since I had to delete the replay because of patches. Headphone users, turn the volume down!

Last edited:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071

I have done that^, but I usually use it as a suicide if I have a stock advantage.

This video was done before any balancing patches I believe, and before I played as, only messed around with Ike in Smash 4. Context for the battle, my opponent beat my Link with a strong strike from Ike when I had been winning the match, and I was mad/salty/whatever you want to call it. So much so that I switched to Ike, (I also used the Chrom pallet at the time, so I wasn't changing it), and idiotically decided to have an Ike ditto with someone who mains Ike. Ike to me was only a secondary at best, but the skill gap was there if you watch the video. If you don't want to watch the whole match, please start at 1:45, and the match is less than 2:30. My Ike has gotten much better than it was in that video, and I was raging for most of that match. Sorry for the bad video quality, it was the best I had at the time to save the match since I had to delete the replay because of patches. Headphone users, turn the volume down!

rock-hard readability

this is the video that my gif came from

Music should be fine volume. I cut out the game audio.

Blur58

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4038-6642-9806
I like Ike! Ike was a fine replacement for Roy in Brawl. He was my main in it. I use him in Brawl, PM, and Smash 4. He's pretty cool. At first I wasn't feeling Ike in Smash 4 for some reason. He felt different than his Brawl counterpart. But I got into him again and now he's one of my secondaries. It seems his popularity since Brawl died down. I remember those days and everyone thought he was OP. Or basically like Brawl's "Little Mac". People said that he needed no skill to be used because he's too strong. But I say hell to them because I loved him in Brawl. He's a great character.
Uhhhh. I didn't find him a good Royplacement as they played nothing alike. That said he was fun but I'd rather have Roy. Dont get me wrong tho, i love Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom