• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
It has no buttons though. :/
It's just the shell and I'm sure they could easily reassemble the controller (anyone could probably do it since there's tutorials out there). I think they're showcasing the outer shell since you can see inside and out (the inside is painted red as well).

Last edited:

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
Roy should come back with his Fire Emblem Awakening design. It looks slick and badass.

Fun Fact: I had a dream once that Roy was announced. I was at some pier and there was a crowd gathered for a Smash Bros. event of some kind? And on the big screen a new character trailer appeared. It was Roy in his FE: Awakening design! It was all 3D and looking beautiful in HD. It looked so amazing for a moment I thought the dream was real. :c

Roy should come back with his Fire Emblem Awakening design. It looks slick and badass.

Fun Fact: I had a dream once that Roy was announced. I was at some pier and there was a crowd gathered for a Smash Bros. event of some kind? And on the big screen a new character trailer appeared. It was Roy in his FE: Awakening design! It was all 3D and looking beautiful in HD. It looked so amazing for a moment I thought the dream was real. :c
Keep imagining it. I have a buddy who always tells me to imagine things and how they'd feel in front of me, in my hands. He has a few spooky examples of this, recently he thought about what it'd be like to get girl scout cookies after years of not having them. They haven't been at these houses for years. They arrived at his house days later, and he had the $$$ to buy ten or so boxes. This is my first time trying it, so every now and then, I imagine the same reveal trailer I dreamed up weeks or months ago on here, I imagine seeing Roy on both the 3DS and Wii U rosters, I imagine playing as him in different scenarios, I imagine finally seeing that concept art, and I imagine his trophies.

"There are also people supporting us outside the battlefield, and there are also those whom we don’t use because of my decisions who haven’t yet had a chance. You want to simply expel them all? We have many people who joined us with strong beliefs. We can’t just tell them to leave."

Roy, in Marcus and Roy's B support.

Full conversation for more context:
Marcus: Master Roy, I still think that we must make our rules stricter.
Roy: Stricter?
Marcus: Yes. And we expel those who aren’t doing their job properly.
Roy: ……
Marcus: Although our army will be small, we will have a team of elites. That way we can fight more efficiently.
Roy: No, Marcus. That’s not a good idea.
Marcus: Eh… Why?
Roy: Who’s going to choose whether someone is doing their job or not?
Marcus: Of course, that would be you, Master Roy.
Roy: But some people might be working hard where I’m not looking.
Marcus: Oh… Well, in that case…
Roy: There are also people supporting us outside the battlefield, and there are also those whom we don’t use because of my decisions who haven’t yet had a chance. You want to simply expel them all? We have many people who joined us with strong beliefs. We can’t just tell them to leave.
Marcus: ……
Roy: Marcus, we have to trust them more. They’re our comrades, right?
Marcus: …You are right. I was mistaken, Master Roy. Your thoughts are noble.
Roy: You know, it’s kind of strange hearing you praise me like that. You’re usually scolding me most of the time.
Marcus: Oh? Am I?
Roy: Yes. *leaves*
Marcus: Master Roy… He has gotten so bold… He can now certainly live on his own. My role is almost finished…

Ever since I binged on supports in 2010, this conversation has really stood out to me. It taught me some of what makes the ideal boss or leader, and it showed that people aren't as disposable as we often make them out to be. I've always admired people who see the best in others, even when I lose patience, and it usually rewards those who keep that patience and faith from what I've seen. It's part of why Roy resonates with me well as a character, and seeing the best in others is something I've always wanted to improve at. I'm hoping 2015 is the year where it truly clicks, and I make progress every now and then.

Roy's Daily Quotes to E3, Day 2.

Blur58

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4038-6642-9806
Hello fellow Royvolutionists, how do I support our boy?
^
Also, I'd much prefer his Binding Blade clothes over FEA, but I could see both being an option and he just has a lot of recolors. Like how Wario has his WW outfit with recolors in addition to his classic clothes with their own recolors as well.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
^
Also, I'd much prefer his Binding Blade clothes over FEA, but I could see both being an option and he just has a lot of recolors. Like how Wario has his WW outfit with recolors in addition to his classic clothes with their own recolors as well.
In the supporters list you mean? I think you just post ITT that you want to be added and you'll be added.

Yeah, I'd prefer the Binding Blade outfit as well. As for BB Roy having an alt Awakening costume, I like the idea but imagining it with BB Roy's face is jarring given the difference in facial structure between BB Roy and Awakening Roy.

(heh, "BB Roy").

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
His FE6 attire is fine as a secondary attire though like I said many times before, his Awakening attire needs to be his primary attire like how Wario has his Biker attire as his primary attire.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
I think we might actually have a special event on the way.
you that nintendo world champion ship comming up?
what if the game they used for that, were actually the smash bros games?
Like if they did a special screen trick that showed Roy on the left in melee and with a split screen showed Snake on the other side, then had the two characters cross into a center screen, and engage in battle in Smash 4 XD THAT would be AWESOME!
I was thinking actually about some of the videos and announcements I saw at the playstation expo and remembered seeing such an event happen using the big screens on the sids and the three screens in the center. they had a video of a character traveling from one screen to another. Imagine if they used that as a way to reveal people? You could even toss in a joke about Roy being 'late to brawl'.
then toss in the SAME joke Snake uses in all of his games. "Kept you waiting huh?"

GAAHHH sorry hehe for the random fan boy ism.. have been playing LOTS of metal gear games lately XD. AHH I want roy and snake in so badly!!! nyaaah

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I personally would want Roy to keep on his Binding Blade-attire as the primary one, honestly - perhaps because he'd look little too rogue-ish (I guess?) in his Awakening DLC-costume in the mix of usually royal and modestly but firmly wearing FE-reps. Ike is fitting on his archetype and physique, but Roy would have a little too stylized to not have much royal feel of his BB-costume.

This is still my opinion though -

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
"There are also people supporting us outside the battlefield, and there are also those whom we don’t use because of my decisions who haven’t yet had a chance. You want to simply expel them all? We have many people who joined us with strong beliefs. We can’t just tell them to leave."

Roy, in Marcus and Roy's B support.

Full conversation for more context:
Marcus: Master Roy, I still think that we must make our rules stricter.
Roy: Stricter?
Marcus: Yes. And we expel those who aren’t doing their job properly.
Roy: ……
Marcus: Although our army will be small, we will have a team of elites. That way we can fight more efficiently.
Roy: No, Marcus. That’s not a good idea.
Marcus: Eh… Why?
Roy: Who’s going to choose whether someone is doing their job or not?
Marcus: Of course, that would be you, Master Roy.
Roy: But some people might be working hard where I’m not looking.
Marcus: Oh… Well, in that case…
Roy: There are also people supporting us outside the battlefield, and there are also those whom we don’t use because of my decisions who haven’t yet had a chance. You want to simply expel them all? We have many people who joined us with strong beliefs. We can’t just tell them to leave.
Marcus: ……
Roy: Marcus, we have to trust them more. They’re our comrades, right?
Marcus: …You are right. I was mistaken, Master Roy. Your thoughts are noble.
Roy: You know, it’s kind of strange hearing you praise me like that. You’re usually scolding me most of the time.
Marcus: Oh? Am I?
Roy: Yes. *leaves*
Marcus: Master Roy… He has gotten so bold… He can now certainly live on his own. My role is almost finished…

Ever since I binged on supports in 2010, this conversation has really stood out to me. It taught me some of what makes the ideal boss or leader, and it showed that people aren't as disposable as we often make them out to be. I've always admired people who see the best in others, even when I lose patience, and it usually rewards those who keep that patience and faith from what I've seen. It's part of why Roy resonates with me well as a character, and seeing the best in others is something I've always wanted to improve at. I'm hoping 2015 is the year where it truly clicks, and I make progress every now and then.

Roy's Daily Quotes to E3, Day 2.
Once again, very sweet! I really am looking forward to see more, for I really getting deeper glimpse of Roy's personality.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hello fellow Royvolutionists, how do I support our boy?
At the very least,
  • Voting on the ballot
  • Posting in this thread

:231:
And if you want to take it a step further, you can also show some support on Miiverse, and email or send a letter to Nintendo (you're not limited on the amount of characters unlike the ballot).

We have an official Facebook group as you may have already know: https://www.facebook.com/groups/405593832915234/?ref=br_tf

As well as Twitter: https://twitter.com/roy4smash4

Spread the love around.

There's also a section near the end of the OP that explains various ways to support Roy and reach out to others.

Blur58

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4038-6642-9806
In the supporters list you mean? I think you just post ITT that you want to be added and you'll be added.

Yeah, I'd prefer the Binding Blade outfit as well. As for BB Roy having an alt Awakening costume, I like the idea but imagining it with BB Roy's face is jarring given the difference in facial structure between BB Roy and Awakening Roy.

(heh, "BB Roy").
ITT?

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
the people saying that could be change the moveset of roy,but I really think they will?,that is,to the left mewtwo and doctor alike

(Sorry,im not perfect speaking in english)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
the people saying that could be change the moveset of roy,but I really think they will?,that is,to the left mewtwo and doctor alike

(Sorry,im not perfect speaking in english)
They might or might not but with a lot of things taken in to consideration, it would it only be reasonable if they did. At the bare minimum, he'll get the same treatment Falco and Ganondorf got in Brawl.

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
You guys...look what I dug up from my ancient Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Maker account...

Roy's Quote of the Day #3 (Road to E3):

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

I had a rough weekend, so I needed something a bit more silly this time around.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like this thread but it gets a little weird at times...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For some reason, everything Fire Emblem related always attracts the weirdest sort of weird.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, we are a niche group.

:231:
Guess that's true. Anyone out here still liking FE6? I always loved the game for it's difficulty. Even though the reinforcements of the enemy are cheating ********.

Troykv

Smash Master
Guess that's true. Anyone out here still liking FE6? I always loved the game for it's difficulty. Even though the reinforcements of the enemy are cheating *******s.
Me! I really like this game... But... I wish my favorite character don't be so outclassed and very bad unit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Me! I really like this game... But... I wish my favorite character don't be so outclassed and very bad unit.
He isn't actually bad at all, his late promotion just hurts a lot. And FE6 has enourmous troll growth rates, so Roy having worse stats than other Lords isn't always surprising, his whole army suffers from the same fate. I actually most of the time grind Roy to Level 20 as quickly as possible, then kind of use him as a dodge tank with a Slim Sword for other characters to catch up with.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Man, I really need to play FE6 someday...yes, I haven't played it yet, only watched others play it D:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm on Ch.8 of the story and Roy's stats seem to be just fine really. It's just his late promotion that hurts him. Besides, doesn't Eliwood promote late in the game? For me, he only promoted at the end of Ch.27.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm on Ch.8 of the story and Roy's stats seem to be just fine really. It's just his late promotion that hurts him. Besides, doesn't Eliwood promote late in the game? For me, he only promoted at the end of Ch.27.
Depends on who's route you take, but yeah either Eliwood, Hector or Lyn is going to promote about as late as Roy, if not later. But FE7 is all about playing favorites anyway, which is why I prefer FE6 over it. Seriously though, I wish the Elibe saga was as well handled as the Tellius saga, because with Tellius at least most major plotholes where covered.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Depends on who's route you take, but yeah either Eliwood, Hector or Lyn is going to promote about as late as Roy, if not later. But FE7 is all about playing favorites anyway, which is why I prefer FE6 over it. Seriously though, I wish the Elibe saga was as well handled as the Tellius saga, because with Tellius at least most major plotholes where covered.
It really baffles me when people criticize Roy all the time and praise Eliwood and Hector nonstop. In Eliwood's case, the guy promoted around the same time as Roy and was about the same as him stat wise. In Hector's case. the guy can't even catch up to the enemy units and when he does, he constantly misses his opponents. People can give Roy crap about his flaws and whatnot but at least he's able to make it to his opponent and fight them, I can't say the same for Hector.

Maybe that can be Hector's playstyle if he's ever in Smash. It will involve all his moves being slow and missing all the time.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I like this thread but it gets a little weird at times...
We're not "weird". It's the normal ones who are "weird"! :upsidedown:

Just you wait until Roy's confirmed, then we'll get new regulars in the Roy social thread. It's gonna be fun...

Although, I do think this thread has been relatively sane compared to others over the years. But we'll have to see down the road lol.

Troykv

Smash Master
He isn't actually bad at all, his late promotion just hurts a lot. And FE6 has enourmous troll growth rates, so Roy having worse stats than other Lords isn't always surprising, his whole army suffers from the same fate. I actually most of the time grind Roy to Level 20 as quickly as possible, then kind of use him as a dodge tank with a Slim Sword for other characters to catch up with.
Oh... I like Roy... But he isn't my favorite character in the game.... This one is the girl in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom