• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Player Interview Thread: RocketPSIence

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
you are one of the few Lucases that have had the opportunity to fight M2K, what do/did you think about the MU after/before you play him?
Before playing M2K, i felt the MU wasn't all that bad. I wasn't aware of the grab release to dash regrab that he had on us before playing him. I feel that we did a good job discussing the MU and that it is about 60-40. It's not hopeless and can be won, you just have to really outplay your opponent.

And to edit something i said before, Battle Royale III is actually gonna be called Battle Royale III: Aftermath

AND i also just realized that i hate the Diddy MU maybe even more than G&W. Diddy is such a cheater. He's the only character in the game that uses an actual item from the item menu. No other character has that. Such a cheater. That also brings to mind this:

Which is more broken: MK or the food item? If you've answered MK, you're right. Now let me ask you this: Which one is banned in tournies? >.>

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
are you a ******?
in your opinion, what's lucas's best/worst move ??(besides zair)
do u think you'll ever quit lucas?

(goes back to lurk mode)
lol, no i'm not a ******... i'm a 5'11 white kid with amazing basketball talent. haha

Lucas's best move (not including jab) ~ i'd have to say either nair or dair.

Lucas's worst move ~ I used to think that his dtilt was worthless with the exception of the dtilt lock but i've found a few other ways it's pretty useful. I'd have to say that pk freeze is most likely his worst move. It's usually pretty obvious where you're going with it and if you want to hit with it you have to bait an air dodge before using it.

Quit Lucas? Well my friends have been trying to get me to quit lucas for awhile now, saying that my tourney results would improve so much more. I have yet to listen to them. I keep using lucas, keep improving, and i continue to place well at tournies. So, no i will never quit lucas. If anything, i would just use some secondaries a little more frequently than i used to.

favorite anime/manga (or animu/mango in some parts)?

play any other games at a competitive level or plan to?
Does Dragon Ball Z count? lol. If so, that would be it. Other than that, I don't like anime. I could never get into it. Like i said in the OBR, Death Note is the only anime i watched because it's not about all the fighting, rather it's more based off intelligence which really interested me. I watched a few episodes of 07-Ghost bc i was told it's just as good but i couldn't really get into it.

I wish i had time to play more at a competitive level. Actually, i wish i knew where i could find tournies for Mario Kart: Double Dash. I ***** in that game. I also would like to be able to enter a competitive scene for Mario Tennis 64. Yeah, i'm a Nintendo fan through and through so i don't really play much else. So to answer your question, i do not play any other games at a competitive level. I don't plan on playing any others either unless they make a new smash game or i find a competitive scene in the games i already mentioned.

does snake piss you off?
He doesn't piss me off as much as he pisses some other ppl off around here. lol. While i hate the MU, it's interesting to fight him bc you have to watch so much and every move you make is so important. I feel that the only real way to beat a good snake is by gimping him once and playing cautious the rest of the match. If you don't get that gimp, it's really difficult to win (against a good snake).

Diddy pisses me off more than snake

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
what kind of music do you listen to?
I listen to mostly punk/alternative music and some rock. Not a big fan of hip hop, rap, or country.

My favorite band is Brand New, and some other favorites are Blink 182, Plus 44, Taking Back Sunday, Armor for Sleep, Sing It Loud, and Linkin Park... just to name a few. lol.

Also, it seems that most people have asked their questions. You guys can wrap this up tomorrow (12/18) if you'd like and we can pick someone new. doesn't matter to me.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I will MM you in Mario Golf GBC lol.

Double Dash was fun. What was your best time trial overall? (One closest to a World Record. I've gotten within a second or two of a few but it was WAY too grueling lol.)

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm

ZMan

Smash Master
What is your signature? XD
jojo's bizarre adventure on the 2600 XD

Who did you use in Melee?

What other characters do you use?

Whats the Z in ZMan stand for?

Why are you so cool?
roy, ganon, falcon, and link. i still play but i lost all my tech skill so i mostly spam fair and downb with ganon now.

i also like pit, d3, TOON LINK, ness, ike, and wario. im not at a competitve level with any of them though

the z in zman comes from my first name, zack. no cool or interesting story behind z, just my real name.

my coolness probably comes from the fact that i can't give two ****s about almost anything anymore

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Do you consider yourself to be a Roy main above a Lucas main?

Favorite Soda?

Favorite fast food resturant?

ZMan

Smash Master
any plans for Peekay Bay Bay 2?
im getting a new laptop for christmas so produciton of peekay bay bay 2 will start soon

Do you consider yourself to be a Roy main above a Lucas main?

Favorite Soda?

Favorite fast food resturant?
i <3 roy and all but im more of a lucas main above roy main cause i go all lucas in tourny, something i didn't do with roy.

moutain dew and dr pepper. im trying to stop drinking soda though

sonic or wendys. everything else is too disgusting/expensive for my taste

loooool. ****ing Zack man.
zman sounds epicer/more epic than zack man :p

what's your easiest matchup?
marth

edit- lemme re-evaluate this one. im actually pretty confident fighting against any character cept for wario, snake, and yoshi

Chuee

Smash Hero
If you consider yourself a lucas main over a roy main then why is you're icon roy?

ZMan

Smash Master

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You can do me. Unless you are asking me who I think will be next, and IDK for that. I VOTE FOR HALFMAN!

lil cj

Smash Lord
Definitely interested in asking DMG some questions
He is one of my favorite Wario players, I learned so much about Wario watching his vids.
Evasive playstyle ftw!
Its so cool thats he's using Lucas now.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Indeed, shoot away.

Wait before you do:

LUCAS IS GAY! HE CAN TIME PEOPLE OUT! FLARBLE GARBLE GARBLE!!!

Ok continue

lil cj

Smash Lord
What made you want to use Lucas?

Are you going to have an evasive playstyle with Lucas like your Wario?

Have you used him in any tournies yet?

Where on the tier list do you think Lucas belongs?

Wario is one of the best characters and Lucas isnt, why use Lucas out of everyone else?

What color scheme do you use?

Last one...Do you realise with your skills you could possibly change the way Lucas is played and make him better? :)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Favorite fast food?

Favorite Lucas taunt?

What does your SWF name mean?

Edit: Oh and do you mind doing your own little DMG section about running out the timer for the Lucas MU thread :D?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What made you want to use Lucas?

Are you going to have an evasive playstyle with Lucas like your Wario?

Have you used him in any tournies yet?

Where on the tier list do you think Lucas belongs?

Wario is one of the best characters and Lucas isnt, why use Lucas out of everyone else?

What color scheme do you use?

Last one...Do you realise with your skills you could possibly change the way Lucas is played and make him better? :)
1. Lucas looked like fun to play as, and I was right. He's got cool hair, a cool Nair, a cool move set, and a cool name.

2. Going to have an evasive play style? Sir I already HAD that play style with Lucas the minute I picked him up lol. He's not too bad at doing it actually. He has good keep away options that I don't think have been exploited fully yet.

3. I have done a best out of 7 MM Lucas Ditto with Josh, and I have used him a few times in Low Tier events even though I usually use Jigglypuff for that, but for regular events I've not used him much. On opponent CP's, I have talked to Dphat about going Lucas/Ness on their stage choice for kicks, but that's about it. I do plan on using him more though in Singles, even if it's on their CP when I don't have much to lose.

4. Tier list position, I think he should be either around the same spot, or slightly higher. I think he is clearly a better character than Zelda, she was ranked too high last tier list. Pokemon Trainer is better overall (Squirtle carries his weight hard for that character), Ike is debatable. Some good Ike players have him as 5th worst/really bad. Others have him still higher than Lucas. I think Lucas could be better than him. Past that, the only character I think would drop below Lucas would be Sonic. Everyone else I think is better than him (Wolf, Fox, etc). Luigi POSSIBLY could be lower than him, but then again I tend to think Luigi is balls across the board and is a pretty terrible character, so that may just be a bias of mine.

5. Wario I play still because I know him so well at this point. I'm literally embedded with this character, some of what I have done has shaped his metagame. Regardless of whether I didn't like the character (which I love him, I used him for every Mario Party Game, for Mario Golf, for Mario Tennis, etc. I've always liked playing as Wario.), I would feel almost obligated to keep playing him. Lucas and Wario are similar in a lot of regards. They both have good Fsmashes, they both can recover well, they both have a good Dair/Nair, and similar Aerials overall (Uair feels the same, Bair is awkward for either character, Fair is like a quick surprisingly ranged poke, and what not).

6. I use every color Lucas. I have no preference. I do like certain Lucas Texture Hacks over others though.

7. I don't think I could change how people are supposed to play Lucas. I think I can refine/make better use of some of his tools, and maybe get the character recognized more widespread, but fundamentally I don't think I will change him that much.

Favorite fast food?

Favorite Lucas taunt?

What does your SWF name mean?
1. That's a hard one. It used to be Sonic, because they would have those Chicken Strip Sandwiches for $1, and if you got them fresh they were AMAZING. If you put some barbecue sauce on them, that made them **** harder. They recently raised the price of it, at least where I live, so it's a slight disappointment. Burger King has a good Double Cheeseburger/Chicken Sandwich deal, Wendy's has a good Chicken/Burger combo deal, etc. If we are talking about food purely, I would pick Sonic for the chicken sandwiches and the slushies/good tea drinks. If we are talking about best deal, I would say Wendy's ATM. I like most places, not a big fan of Dairy Queen or Whataburger though. They are good, but not up my alley.

2. I have my own Lucas taunt. I jab once in their direction, and retreating Dair away. That is my favorite, besides airdodging and canceling that with a Zair over and over lol.

3. DMG is an acronym for dr.mario guy. Back in the day, I saw smashboards, and wanted to join. Every other name I came up with was already taken. I was tired, and said screw it, no one is gonna know me most likely, so why not be Doctor Mario Guy? Of course, I didn't think spelling/spacing mattered, so I typed it as dr.mario guy and BOOM I got the name. For Melee, I never was able to get into the scene really. Waco had a local Scene, but I was entering it SUPER late, and I never was able to get a ride to anything. Eventually Brawl came out, and the first few tournaments I entered under my IRL name/under Chompy or something about Wario lol. One day while registering for a tournament, the TO asked for my name/what I wanted to be called by. I didn't wanna say dr.mario guy or explain how to spell it, so I just abbreviated it and said "DMG". After that, I was more involved in the scene, and that name stuck. After that point, most people referred to me as DMG. Once I saw the Premium Membership being offered, I decided to join for the custom title/support Smashboards, and I saw that I got name changes too. So I decided to Snag DMG before anyone else did, and I got it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
1. I love his hair. Not in a gay "FABULOUS!!!" sense, but the fact that his hair is like that makes me feel more comfortable with my sexuality as a man. I can look at him and say "Hey, he looks bada**" and no one reputable would disagree.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Do you think you can start a DMG section in the Lucas MU guide about camping/running out the timer against certain characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom