• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Player Interview Thread: RocketPSIence

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil cj

Smash Lord
For some reason Ive never had any problems with Snake...mostly Marth

Whats your favorite thing about Lucas?

Why do you think he is the least popular newcomer?

Do you think we've all been playing Lucas the wrong way and he is meant to be played differently and meant to be a great character?

What would you do if Lucas didnt it make into SSB4 because of his lack of popularity?

What if Lucas is secretly one of the best characters in the game, how would you react?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
For some reason Ive never had any problems with Snake...mostly Marth

Whats your favorite thing about Lucas?

Why do you think he is the least popular newcomer?

Do you think we've all been playing Lucas the wrong way and he is meant to be played differently and meant to be a great character?

What would you do if Lucas didnt it make into SSB4 because of his lack of popularity?

What if Lucas is secretly one of the best characters in the game, how would you react?
O_o

My favorite thing about Lucas is his sheild pressure.

Because he sucks. I think he's the worst newcomer. LOL unless I missed someone. ._.

That's impossible. He doesn't have the tools to be amazing.

I'd play with somebody else lol. I already play like 90% of the cast.

See: Answer to No. 3

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Pink Fresh beat Boss in a tournament set. I consider this one of the very few accomplishments of the Lucas community along with myself beating Lain and Galeon beating Afro.

Just throwing it out there since I don't have any questions (because I'm not really playing this game anymore.)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yeah, well I don't really have many other people that we need to interview to I'm thinking about leaving it open for everybody that's already been interviewed to be asked questions until winter break is over. How does that sound?

lil cj

Smash Lord
Some of the other OBR members barely get on here anymore or even check the boards often
The questions will keep piling up lol
But I guess we could interview the people that always get check the boards

Edit: Lets interview Rocket next!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Why don't we just interview the rest of people in the OBR.
Yeah, I don't think everyone in there really is worth interviewing to be honest... *shrug*

I wouldn't mind seeing Oats, Sade, and ZMan interviewed.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'd vote for Nasty, Oats or Sade. Though I don't even know how much they play currently really.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alright, Nasty's up to bat. (It would have been Zman if he had responded in this thread)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Dang! No, it wouldn't have, in fact, if you don't it makes it seem like you don't want to go. Keep that in mind for the future. We can interview Zman after Nasty then.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Why did you decided Nasty to be your name?

What is your favorite MU?

How long and why have you been maining Lucas?

(aside)
Alright, for the next one, I want DMG and Zman to PM me either a Rock-Paper-Scissors to my PM. I want you to give me five ordered throws and it will be best out of the first three. (the other two are for ties)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey now.

I'm like a Lucas main. I use him in epic Money Matches and I win with him in important sets.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
first time I met DMG, I thought, "This guy looks like Jay with a dirty sanchez mustache." He then proceeded to camp everyone from San Diego that money matched him that night. He's cool.

Sade

Smash Cadet
lol, pretty much all of us are gonna get interviewed eventually.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
LMFAO Oats.

Oh God dude. Dirty Sanchez Mustache. Dude that description NAILS it lol.

I got rid of that though. I prefer a more clean shaven look these days. Cali was fun dude, I hope to visit you guys there again sometime.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang. Dude it's not worth it lol. You would have to have some divine inspiration/motivation to travel to Waco just to play/see me lol.

Also I beat Z in RPS. I guarantee it. I win 2-1. Just calling it now.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
That's like saying you're a better Lucas than me; it's probably true but it doesn't matter.

Why not try thinking of ways to entice me to visit you, Jay, and bring along your little buddies and I'll bring my buddies and we'll get a hotel room again and play "Genesis" all night long.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang. That would be kinda fun. But honestly, I would rather go to Cali/elsewhere and do that.

I hate my hometown enough to say that honestly lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Waco massacre.

Interesting you brought that up. A lot of people don't know about that apparently. My parents didn't until a few years ago.

I thought you were gonna say something about Dr. Pepper actually lol

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
I'm an educated son-of-a-gun with a sense of humor more perverted than the hentai dphat ****s to.

(To Stay on Topic)

@ Nasty

What was your proudest moment as a Lucas main?

Who do you feel taught you the most about competitive Smash?

What is the most important thing to remember when playing Low-Tiers?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Ok time to answer some questions....

uhhh How did it feel having to ditto PF?
Having to ditto PF at my own tourney sucked. lol. He's a great player who's very smart. It seemed like we both knew what to do though. The match started like this:

Run at each other, Fair into each other, back off, run and dair at each other, back off, run at each other and put up the magnet. It was like i was fighting myself. lmao.

why is your SWF name takerfan619?

How did you get your name?

Do you have any secondaries?

What is your least favorite matchup?
My name on here is Takerfan619 because when i signed up i didn't realize that it was gonna be shown the entire time. I used to be a huge wrestling fan and undertaker was my favorite. 619 was a signature move by rey mysterio which looked pretty cool. So i made it my AIM screen name years ago and it just stuck for other things. If i could change it, it would be SickNasty2330 (more on that in my next answer).

I got my name Nasty from my old team name. I used to partner with another lucas main who is actually my best friend. We always used to say sick nasty to describe anything that was awesome. What better team name for a lucas ditto team than Sick Nasty? lol. This was the start of when we went to tournies and his real name was Nick so he chose his in game name to be Sick Nick. I was like ok, i'll take Nasty. Besides, whenever i would do all the lucas tricks i would say they looked nasty. The name just fit my play style.

Secondaries? I would have to say i second Snake. BUT some of my friends say he's better than my lucas (not true IMO). I also won't hesitate to go D3 in tourney if i'm facing a Snake or DK. The other two characters are use are MK and Marth. (but my marth is bad). lol

My least favorite MU would have to be G&W. I really hate this one because it's so hard to get above him and i love my dair combos. haha. All of his moves seem to just shut down our options. I usually just go snake against G&W because it's way easier. But i love when i do go lucas against G&W and win. Makes me realize how much of a better player i am than the other person.

o0o0o0o, my other least favorite MU would be the Lucas ditto. That sh*t just sucks.

Why did you decided Nasty to be your name?

What is your favorite MU?

How long and why have you been maining Lucas?
Good question. I answered it in the second paragraph above.

Here's the tl;dr version:
It was one half of my once team name (SickNasty). And it described my play style so well.

My favorite MU would have to be against Pikachu. I still really feel that it's slightly our advantage and most likely the only character in the higher tiers that we have an advantage against (except MAYBE Ic's).

I've been maining lucas since the day the game came out in the U.S. The reason i started maining him was because when i first started playing this game for fun (w/ smash balls on) it was so easy to get them and i would win almost all the time. Plus his Usmash just seemed so broken (which much to my dissappointment, it really isn't. lol). Now i main lucas because i put so much work into him for so long, it's hard to let something like that go. And like i said before, when i beat someone with lucas, it makes me laugh and realize how much of a better player i am to be winning with such a terrible character. Sry if that comes off conceited, i'm really not.

wouldn't it make sense to interview me first? it is called the lucas MAIN interview thread after all.

do you shower and use deoderant, nasty?
uh, i MAIN Lucas haha

and YES i do shower and use deodorant. More smashers should be more like us Zman. hahaha

I thought you were gonna say something about Dr. Pepper actually lol
Dr. Pepper? Gross. Mt. Dew FTW!!

What was your proudest moment as a Lucas main?

Who do you feel taught you the most about competitive Smash?

What is the most important thing to remember when playing Low-Tiers?
Proudest moment? hmm. Well there are a lot. Anytime i JV 4 stock someone in doubles is a great moment (/looks at Chibo and Rogue Pit). In singles, my proudest moment as of late was when i beat God-Is-My-Rock in a tourney set and sent him to losers ( Sorry PF :-/ ).

I really like this next question because so many ppl have helped contribute to my knowledge. The person who has probably taught me the most about competitive smash would be my boy Smurf. Other ppl that have helped along the way would be Chibo, Peirce7d, and HEERO.

Most important thing? I would have to say that the element of surprise is on your side. Most people i faced in the beginning of my competitve smash "career" had no idea how to handle lucas. Once the element of surprise is gone, the next important thing to keep in mind is that your character is LOW TIER. You will often have a lot of difficult MU's to overcome. You have to be creative and play super smart in order to win.

i like how this thread has turned from interviewing nasty to dmg and oats touching *****.

do you enjoy the **** touching, nasty?

whoa i didn't know ***** goes uncensored O_o
lmao, i wouldn't say i enjoy it. It was entertaining nonetheless

OATS DIDN'T ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS T__T

Nasty, when is the next BR?
No hard feelings PF.

The next Battle Royale will most likely be in April. Battle Royale III: Rebirth. We try to host one every semester.

You're so nasty.
Good question. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom