• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

They were actually talking about me Sudai, and the two of us should play at the next tourney.

BTW, is the next tourney still going to be on april 1st?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ricky just called me.Said he knows the guy who runs Dibbz PC Cafe and that he went go talk to him about a tourney.

He said that they could do an all-nighter fest like at my "Cajun Melee Gettaway". In other words...start the tournament around around 5-ish or so..and have it last until the morning.(so u can sleep at the place and leave in the morning) He said to do this they'd also have to pay an employee to keep watch through the night, since normally they'll only stay up to 2am. He said it'd prolly be like 25% the pot. which really isn't that bad.
i don't know what they'll run for an entrance fee...but Ricky wants a head count on who would come to this, so he can let teh owner know.

I hope they do a good job running this thing, of if they rather let Taylor help out or what not. I'd really like to see the pool system used.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If it's 5 o'clock onward, you can expect us 3/4 of us to go. Not sure about Ryan since he might have to go eat dinner with his mum or something.

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
Cyphus said:
Ricky just called me.Said he knows the guy who runs Dibbz PC Cafe and that he went go talk to him about a tourney.

He said that they could do an all-nighter fest like at my "Cajun Melee Gettaway". In other words...start the tournament around around 5-ish or so..and have it last until the morning.(so u can sleep at the place and leave in the morning) He said to do this they'd also have to pay an employee to keep watch through the night, since normally they'll only stay up to 2am. He said it'd prolly be like 25% the pot. which really isn't that bad.
i don't know what they'll run for an entrance fee...but Ricky wants a head count on who would come to this, so he can let teh owner know.

I hope they do a good job running this thing, of if they rather let Taylor help out or what not. I'd really like to see the pool system used.
That sounds awesome, I hope you LA guys can do this more often so I don't miss out next time!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Does anyone here know Mr Noddle's Aim or anything? Every other time he had to miss Smash because of work, but if it's overnight we might be able to play against him. Though last time I pm'd him, he said he might quit smash for a while.

:( Hope he can go.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Need to get singles done first though since people will be tired near the end. Then the low-tier, teams, whatever else after.

Joe Mamma

Smash Cadet
Zachary, LA "come down and see us sometime!&q
Holy Crap!!! Last time I came here a week or two ago there were only 600-something posts, now it's over a thousand!!! Aint now way I'm going to sit here and read the last 400 posts, so could somebody just sum it up for me and tell me why it was so busy? Thanks.

I heard that the tournament that was scheduled for yesterday was canceled. Is this true? And also, when is the next one?

Also, Phillip has finally been released from his punishment of no video games, so I can finally resume training with another human being (and he can finally resume training, period). My WD is getting better, not quite as good as it needs to be yet, but it's getting there. Still doing it manually.

Sudai

Stuff here
In the past 400 post, we've basically just been rambling and talking about places to hold the tourny since Gameware won't let us hold it there unless we give them a % of the pot. (or something to that effect.)

An all nighter would be sweet. I was actually just about to head to bed from an all nighter me and some friends had..so, yeah. I'll get back to you guys tomorrow probably! @.@

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
Lee. said:
probably my first post. but good tournament. and taylor you got 3 stocked.
I predict that Lee will get his equipment back on March 28. We are indeed experiencing sombre times since Lee doesn't have his stuff. We've seemingly lost GameWare, and who knows what's going to happen. Next thing you know the moon will disappear...

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol, 2bad every1 already nos who ur "secret" character iz!11lolz

My falco has improved some, i think. (i 4 stocked Lee's falco w/ it, lolz PWNED) Its deffinately good to take out marth now, chain throw or not. Speaking of which, i picked up marth and can chain throw fox/falco to death(did so to Lee today). I'm quitting fox too. I never liked him as a character anyway. but i think learning his speed has improved my falco. Playing fox, ur focus is not to make a mistake, playing falco is waiting for ur oponent to make them.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Lolz. Dudes, if we do separate into pools, please don't pile too many Marth players in one pool.

*begs*

Joe Mamma

Smash Cadet
Zachary, LA "come down and see us sometime!&q
What's this "Pools" thing about?

Also, I know a couple of possibilities here in Zachary for a tournament. A really good one is the conference room at the Best Western hotel. Some guys we know rented it out once to have a Halo LAN party, and it is perfect for the Smash tourney. It's indoors and we will have it all to ourselves, and there is a kitchen and bathroom. It's right next to the pool (Which we will also have privelages to) and there are lots of tables and chairs and stuff in there. Best of all, it's BIG. I'm gonna try to call them tommorrow to find out how much it is, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be quite affordable considering how many people usually show up for tourneys.

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
Sars_Pirate said:
Lolz. Dudes, if we do separate into pools, please don't pile too many Marth players in one pool.

*begs*
on the contrary. Put them all in one pool so all of the Marth haters out there don't have to put up with him.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
eet said:
manko how bout those vids? any of em almost rdy?
yeah, actually the Team Tourney matches are finished and I'm working on singles friendlies now, like the ones from Taylor's house. I was holding off on doing the Singles Tourney till I got the Bracket listings from Taylor.

I'll upload the Team Tourney matches next time I get to the computer lab. Tomorrow maybe?...

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
Bermuda said:
on the contrary. Put them all in one pool so all of the Marth haters out there don't have to put up with him.

LOL totally. 2 balanced pools, 1 marth pool. **** that fire emblem ****.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
entel i was thinking if u would have stayed with jiggs insetead of swithhing to g and w u would have had a better shot at beating me.

entel u should main jiggs cuz no one around here does and she has alot of good character matchups and u need to start focusing on getting good with soemone and not switching around.

rick1m

Smash Cadet
Ello!!! me john, ray,and taylor if he wants to help out with tourny at dibbz. If you guys want to do a overnight tourny.... I talked to the owner about this, he really doesnt care... but has to talk to a employee who would stay there....these guys are really kwel ppl so they wont Over charge our ***** to stay over night lol. but to make sure this gonna work i need some more post on how many are gonna come and willing to make this work. hit ma cell up any questions (504) 723-2769. rick jones! aka ice climbers hater >< !

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Would this replace the bi-weeklies or be a one time deal?

I'm afraid I proabably wouldn't make it anytime within a month from now. :-/

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
sHy)(gUy said:
entel i was thinking if u would have stayed with jiggs insetead of swithhing to g and w u would have had a better shot at beating me.

entel u should main jiggs cuz no one around here does and she has alot of good character matchups and u need to start focusing on getting good with soemone and not switching around.
Rofl. Ryan's probably going to stick with Jiggs from now on since he's like naturally good with him. But his GW's not that bad either.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
I guess I am the only one who uses Ganondorf. I have actually gotten better with him since I can short hop two inches from the ground and stomp people. I can thank C. Falcon for helping me with that.

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
HOLD UP! HOLD UP! HOLD UP! if the tourny that's coming up is going to be in New Orleans (my home town ^_^) I can make that tourny! please tell me it's going to be there I want to be in that Round Robin Thingamajig! and see where I stack up against the best of LA! I know I can find a place to stay in NO, BTW Joe when the hell did u do your freaky computer magic and changed my banner? @_@ we were just talking about after our smashfest yesterday and you done it already! that's awesome :chuckle: now I have to make a new account, excuse me gents.

Top Bottom