• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
eh, I don't know much about Kirby...

why are platforms good for Purin though, does it help WoP or something?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Okay, time to actually post worthwhile stuff . . .

I'm not sure that platforms help purin on all stages, but it may be easier to initiate a WoP on smaller platform stages like Battlefield or Yoshi's Story. All Purin really has to do is go through a platform/wavedash back, and she'd be set for a bair. And if the player's skilled enough to maneuver her aerial attacks, he can weave back and forth and recharge his jump when he wants to on the platform = a fairly continuous WoP.

As for Kirby, I'm not sure anything helps the guy out. The only thing I can see a platform do is set up for an U-air which, for Kirby, pwns.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
BAD NEWS

Ricky just called me, and said the tourney time has been changed to either 8am OR midnight. lol (no j/k)
The manager-whatever was like "lol...ok, but we won't have room for a tournament on a saturday.so ya'll will have to come when nobody is here, lolz!!1"

so yea....thats deffinately NOT cool.
Guess we'll be waiting for a better day/time then.
Hate to be the barrel of bad news, don't hate me, its not my tourney, haha.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
We still have a week or so left . . .

I'll talk to Ryan later. I'm pretty sure he knows of other places where we can host this.

eet

Smash Ace
SirSka said:
If worse comes to worse we can still hold it at gameWare and just give up some of the pot. I mean small space is better than no space.
not necisarilly lol... stephen never said we could do it, even if we paid them. He hasnt gotten back to me on that.

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
What about that CyberLAN in Lafayette? Anyone attempted to contact the guys there? That might be our next best option. I think it was Bermuda who suggested the place. I have a cloudy memory at times.

Sudai

Stuff here
Wasn't something said about using one of the dorm lobby's at LSU? That seems like it could work.

Or we could see how much it'd cost to rent a confrence room at a hotel or something.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, I'm out of ideas . . . Maybe the guys at dibbz will reconsider cause it's an April's fools joke or something . . .

>_>;;;

RAM

Smash Lord
this is no good after I may have had a way of participating! *SIGH* if someone can get an okay from Ricky for assistance I can see if I can find a place in New Orleans that we could possibly use.( but this is short notice ) anyone let me know what Ricky thinks. and as soon as I get an okay I can start flipping thru the yellow pages like a mad man!. I would contact him myself but by the time I get off from work I'm drop dead tired and have to get my 7 hours before I get up for work again :(

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Corneria banned...
"cause that wall at the bottom right is gay and you jus get ***** by peach, marth, fox(inf waveshine against wall) and doc on it."

The fin on Corneria isn't a wall. When characters get shined, they don't stay grounded. So, they can often jump out (or maybe even wall tech the shine).

So the Dibbz tourney is cancelled? I don't think I could have made it anyways. I have to take the SAT that day after driving home and crashing Friday night. X_____X;

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ya we should have the tourney in erics room of his dorm (there is plenty of room)

and im so good at smash that i can wavedash

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
corneria is a fine level. Whats the point of counterpicking if all the stages are perfectly neutral?

Even in big-tourney rules they only ban the usual 5-ish, almost always leaving MK2(which i don't even play on anymore) But will talk about here, as an example.

But if someone is trying to win, they gotta use everything to their advantage, and i think theres nothing wrong w/ picking bad stages. Its a calculated risk on their part as well. And i'm considering relearning MK2 w/ Doc, since it has obvious potential for him.

And like you said Taylor, "Doc is't top tier on any level." So then there should be no ovewhelming advantage then, to complain about.
Marth, Capt, and Ganon are all brutal on MK2 as well, so you can't call doc cheap on mk2. Its the fact MK2 would be a "cheap" level. But its a fair level nonetheless. Theres no severe harmful randomness. The only objectiveness is the ability to walk off and die, creating quick deaths if fighting arises on the sides. But camping there, puts you at just as much risk as the oponent who is forced to attack. If marth approaches and gets backthrown, its his fault for getting grabbed. Likewise, if marth gets a tipper at 0 percent, its docs fault for dying so early.

So yea...corneria is good and all, but for some different characters, i'm considering taking a step back into my early-tournament days of MK2. call it "cheap" if you want, but doc on there doens't have any more of an advantage than marth on yoshi or falco on FD. If you lose, its basically your fault for not being good at that level.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Entel says that there's a lan gaming center like Dibbz or whatever in Baton Rouge. He also said that he posted the location post Katrina, so . . . yeah.

Does anyone know what he's tlaking about?

RAM

Smash Lord
I sorry if I sound like a loop hole but has Ricky and Co found a new ground to host the tourny? I really want to go to this one! but in regarding to what Mr Sars said I have no clue :( I'm unfirmiliar with Baton Rouge since I only been there like a handful of times. I'm just hoping it will be a Round Robin all nighter!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
"The GameLAN I'm talking about is a right off Lee on Nicholson, in the first set of stores."

Yeah . . . that's the one in Baton rouge

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
The Gametrader here wants 25% pot money so I denied him for the time being. I will call GameLAN or whatever in Baton Rouge(right next to LSU, on Nichols) soon.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Holy hell, I just realized I found that post on liek page 11 meaning that this topic grew like 64 pages! And we posted that before the first revival of the biweeklies!

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
entelegantLozer said:
The Gametrader here wants 25% pot money so I denied him for the time being. I will call GameLAN or whatever in Baton Rouge(right next to LSU, on Nichols) soon.

25% REALLY isn't a bad deal. If u don't find anything too soon, i think it would be a good oppurtunity. what can u tell me about this place and our availability on time and staying?

RAM

Smash Lord
I won three tournys at Gametrader in a row because the store use to hold them all the time so no advance players were there beside Ricky and Co but they were never there when I was. but if you can get Gametrader to advertise or ask that you could leave a flier in their store the Pot will be a whole lot bigger because of so many ppl that visit their store Trust me. but I never heard of Gamelan which would also be a good choice either way Please have a place by april fools day I beg of thee I may also bring 3 other ppl depending on when the Shing Ding takes place ^_^

Top Bottom