• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
partnerofLuigi said:
HOLD UP! HOLD UP! HOLD UP! if the tourny that's coming up is going to be in New Orleans (my home town ^_^) I can make that tourny! please tell me it's going to be there I want to be in that Round Robin Thingamajig! and see where I stack up against the best of LA! I know I can find a place to stay in NO, BTW Joe when the hell did u do your freaky computer magic and changed my banner? @_@ we were just talking about after our smashfest yesterday and you done it already! that's awesome :chuckle: now I have to make a new account, excuse me gents.
So you may actaully make it then.......thats awesome! Unfortunately we still dont know how exactly we are going run the tourney whether its by pools or RR.

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
Kingcore Koopa said:
So you may actaully make it then.......thats awesome! Unfortunately we still dont know how exactly we are going run the tourney whether its by pools or RR.
as long as it's in the NO, the chances of me being there increase greatly :) and I'm really hoping it will be an all nighter if it's round robin or not. the longer the better.

RAM

Smash Lord
Yeah I had to make a new account otherwise ppl would know me as partnerofLuigi instead of RAM which would be lame, but yeah I'm just reintroducing myself and wait till you see my new Sig if I can get Manko's Assistance with it ,but if it happens, in Advance towards my New Signature Don't Hate on the Almighty Green Machine :)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ALRIGHT LISTEN UP N00BS.
first read Ricky's post on the last page
l
l
V

Ello!!! me john, ray,and taylor if he wants to help out with tourny at dibbz. If you guys want to do a overnight tourny.... I talked to the owner about this, he really doesnt care... but has to talk to a employee who would stay there....these guys are really kwel ppl so they wont Over charge our ***** to stay over night lol. but to make sure this gonna work i need some more post on how many are gonna come and willing to make this work. hit ma cell up any questions (504) 723-2769. rick jones! aka ice climbers hater >< !

-----------------
now heres update.

The tourney WILL be April 1st. It will probably start at 6pm(Ricky will be there for 5) An employee of the place will be there the entire time, so they will require a portion of the pot(we are seriously doubting anyting more than 30%. prolly 25? we dont know yet)
There will be Teams, Singles, and remaining time will be used for late night-low tier, or possibly a luck tournament(the N.O. guys spoke about wanting a tournament w/ Items)I'm sure that'll be a last priority though, so don't get happy/sad about that yet.

We're looking at prices as such. Singles-$10.(this may seem like alot, but do consider this allows you to play melee, for like..maybe 15 hours? The housing is covered in this expense obviously. Teams: whatever ya'll want. Low Tier: whatever ya'll want. etc
The place is allowing us 2 giant TVs for use, but we can bring our own tubes, too. If we pull together 3 more decent TVs, making 5 cube-stations its not so bad, really.

they plan on recording these matches(at least on the big TVs) so those will get priority as the tournaments draw near their ends, obviously.
Taylor, i'm under the impression ur tourney-running-experience would be appreciated, especially in the bracket department. So the plan is to use the pool system for the Singles.

This tourney should be pretty cool, so everyone should try to come. Melee from afternoon to night to morning? How cool is that? The reason this whole deal is cheap as it is, is cuz Ricky knows the guy who works the place. If we don't at least pull 30 people something is wrong, cuz this will be like my tournament, but awesome!

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
but if the tourney goes on till 5 a.m. then the results won't be accurate.
it will show who plays the best rly tired or who got the most sleep the night before, instead of whos the best player

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
as usual i'll be up for MMs XD. 1/1, 2/3, i don't care.

I talked to Mookie about our tourney, he said if he comes he'd bring people too. Don't get ur hopes up for nothing, but if he does actually come, and u didn't make it...u know u'd feel stupid on missing out on losing the one of the best Mewtwos ever!

I'll see what else i can do, to try to lure in nearby out of staters. They get to sleep at the tourney place..and maybe they can crash a night w/ me or lee the next day? That'd be cool.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
This tourney sounds like its gonna be good

where dem vids be, i wanna see my sexy doc in action(ill make a vid with all my bairs)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
it's not that bad... if you have trouble against the fin, don't go down there. Taylor, you may want a time limit next time though so we don't get the DBZ standoff of Lee vs. Jon again.

I think Yoshi's Story should be banned! >_<

SirSka

Smash Cadet
FD should be the only stage, it's good for every character and not to mention I practice on it all the time. I agree that Corneria should also be banned.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

FD only = more Falco players. The Random system is just fine the way it is, and besides the only "abnormal" stage that we pick is Corneria which is a legal stage in MLGpro rules. *shrugs* I mean, if stages like Pokefloats are allowed, then I really don't see why Corneria should be banned since it's more static than it given that there are tons of characters with stage combos.

Sudai

Stuff here
SirSka said:
FD should be the only stage, it's good for every character and not to mention I practice on it all the time. I agree that Corneria should also be banned.

Stages with platforms are better for Jiggs and Kirby IMO. But everyone has different opinions since you know...everyone's different.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Sudai said:
Stages with platforms are better for Jiggs and Kirby IMO. But everyone has different opinions since you know...everyone's different.
Same for Marth... it's almost required to have no platforms vs. him. :mad:

Kingcore Koopa

Smash Rookie
Whats so bad about Corneria? I know the Arwing might attempt to shoot at you occassionally and the ships main guns might get you if your down there at the wrong time. But other than that what makes the stage so bad that yall wanna ban it?
Personally I despise Ice Mountain, Flat Zone, and ultra small Mushroom Kingdoms :ohwell:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Meh, I don't know. The only way I'd care is if I whipped out one of my secondaries since Falcon doesn't really have a preference or anything . . .

[edit] ALMOST SAME TIME POST!

Anyways, Corneria has low ceilings and close sides so it's easy for, say, a fox/falco (coincidence?) to kill people. Or something like that . . . Also, there are some characters with really gay U-B to aerial combos in the little cave near the end of the ship. *shrugs* I mean, the biggest complaint I would have is the cave, but I could always not go there.

eet

Smash Ace
cause that wall at the bottom right is gay and you jus get ***** by peach, marth, fox(inf waveshine against wall) and doc on it.

and jiggz and kirby can more easily catch ppl with aerials when coming up from underneath platforms. I think its best for kirby (but actually i think its best for marth) cause his up-air is pro. also peach can dsmash anything coming underneath them :D

Top Bottom