• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to WHOBO! (updated on 4-19-2013)

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Having another WHOBO would be awesome.

But so would having the LSC. Having both would be unreal and completely revive this dead scene.

@leaf no Tyler was breaking 800 no joke

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I can't tell if you're just bad or a great troll.

Road to WHOBO and LSC are the same thing, it's just renamed and doesn't have a Dallas event.

What would be good Allan would be if you continued circuit points and started getting East and West coast tourneys to start doing the same to generate numbers from them to get them seeding and interest in WHOBO.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok so after talking with some people and dipping in my reservoir of elite TO knowledge, ive decided to to STAY with the LSC but with a FEW changes:

1. The 2nd LSC event (dallas) will still happen in April but it will be pushed back a week later to the 20th of April. The thread will be up tonight or tomorrow morning. Sanji AND Batou will be the TOs. ALSM, if you are there, would you help them?

4. The side event for LSC event 2 will be P:M and Sethlon will probably run that.

3. I ask that Tyler (may) and SA (june) push back their events by one week so that the players have time to save up money and "wind down" from smash before they have to travel again. If you cannot do that, its totally fine. But please get your threads up ASAP so we do not have another issue like we did with denti. Remember, the more you advertise, the more people go.

4. Dallas is scheduled to do another smash event in July right? Well if denti is back by then, he will run it. If not, ill ask Sanji/Batou/ALSM to carry the torch once more.

19. Then in August is the championships right? WRONG! I will be doing a HOBO 40 (literally.......40 ****ing HOBOs) instead as a last attempt to collect circuit points/fees (pot bonus money).

6. I will skip September so that people can get back into school/college and save money without having to worry about an event that month. OCTOBER 26-27 2013 will be WHOBO 5 aka the LSC CHAMPIONSHIPS.

So yeah that^ is the new schedule. if you have concerns or comments, PLEASE POST HERE or text me. if you wanna read about a major issue i am going to have to deal with at WHOBO 5 please read the spoiler/collapsed info below v v v v v v v v

Ok so i didnt plan ahead when i decided to make the LSC championships become a WHOBO. Here is what i mean.

The LSC Championships must have:

AM bracket
Pro bracket
2vs2 bracket

WHOBO must have:

1vs1 pools
1vs1 bracket
2vs2 bracket
Side Event 1
Side Event 2

WHOBO 5 + LSC Championships

1vs1 pools
1vs1 AM bracket
1vs1 Pro bracket
2vs2 bracket
Side event 1 (mid tier singles)
Side event 2 (low tier teams)
P:M 1vs1
P:M 2vs2

The venue I've go set up is bigger than last years Dave & Busters however it is still 8 events in 2 days (i cannot get 3 days). Though i am a literal living LEGEND and a TO savant, i do not feel comfortable doing 8 events in 2 days. One mistake can put me behind for an hour or 2 and then BOOM i now will have a huge problem on my hands. So this is where you kids come in. 1st off, do you have any ideas for making this situation better? If not, i have an idea.

Tell me what you think:

OPTION 11: As the circuit progresses, i take all the LSC points you guys have earned and use them as seeding in pools rather than use them for an AM bracket at WHOBO. With these points, you can have higher seeding than players like m2k (because he never attended a circuit event). Doing this would take that big ass list and cut it down by one event (AM bracket) and make the pro bracket become a regular bracket.

OPTION 2: I take yalls LSC points and use them to seed you into one massive bracket with all sets being 3/5 (so each of you get to be in bracket and get at least 1-2 sets GUARANTEED unless you are absolute total **** at brawl) and Winner/Loser/Grand finals be 4/7. Before you panic and say "XYRO WTF ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?!?!" please remember i would be getting rid of 2 events, one of whom is POOLS and that alone saves me 4-5 hours. The other event cancelled would be AM bracket.

OPTION 3: I combine or eliminate one of the side events. Now at first this would look like the obvious choice but hear me out before you make a choice. WHOBO is the only national that has tiered side events and EVERY SINGLE TIME they do extremely well. From looking at the stats i have, there is a large amount of people who go to whobo simply because they know mk/snake/diddy/DDD/IC/lucario....ect cannot enter mid/low tier events. If i get rid of/combine these events, i WILL lose some people.

OPTION 49: I do 8 events in 2 days and DEAL WITH IT.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
ALSM has agreed to help. The Second Event will be called The Fort Worth Classic 2013 whereas if I have to do the July event, it will be called The Fort Worth Classic Presents: [my partner's tournament name].

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Sure, I'll do it. But I had top players in mind (from the respected regions) like Gnes, Denti, Trela, Infinity, Pwii, Espy etc.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I approve obviously.
Your plan is excactly what the rest of Houston was calling me stupid for wanting earlier.
I hate Houston :( except for Pwii cause h gets it poppin xyro cause he got da gifs Trela cause he's funny killik cause he's a legend Gnes cause he went to Tyler and leaf cause he's ma booii

Da rest of u I'll see you in the Tyler Houston battle

I'm def down to host a week later.

Edit: do bracket pools!

Tesh

Smash Hero
all the dates are being moved now?​
eff, why did i buy so many megabus tickets...​

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Hmmm.... 20th is hit or miss for me. Im down with whatever. But dayton vs tyler needs to hapoen cuz Dayton always backs out.

Xyro77

Bracket pools are completely unnecessary until you have 400+ players for multiple games. Only evo needs them.

And you don't have to push your events off by a week if you get your threads up in the next 5 days. Only Dallas need theirs up tomorrow.

Tesh

Smash Hero
there are no tickets for tyler, no way im going greyhound with their prices and what i just read on CNN

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
The next event is Revolution right? It is sighting season(go out with telescope), so I need to know the exact date of revolution otherwise I might not make it. Denti get ur **** together PLEASE. If a carpool is going my way, ill def go to tyler since I'm on the way to Tyler.

Xyro77

The next event is Revolution right? It is sighting season(go out with telescope), so I need to know the exact date of revolution otherwise I might not make it. Denti get ur **** together PLEASE. If a carpool is going my way, ill def go to tyler since I'm on the way to Tyler.
Sighting season? What kind of nerd **** is that? Please dont tell me you will pass up a tournament for burnt out stars and other space bull****.

The date for Revolution 14 is April 20th.

Denti will not be back for revolution. DEAL WITH IT.

Tesh

Smash Hero
how does pushing the date back help? maybe you guys should get head count for each date, iono about other people but its already less than a month so switching the date might eliminate anyone who needed a month's notice for the date

I already know im not coming if the date changes, im just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
It is actually for your benefit. I was going to have a Project M/Melee tournament on the 27th, but after some discussions yesterday, I was convinced to do two things, move it up a week and drop Melee for Brawl, making this a circuit event. It will all work out. I promise.

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
LFMAO LEAVE ME ALONE NIGG, A NEWGEN GOTTA DO WHAT A NEWGEN GOTTA DOOOO!!! Alright April 20 sounds gewd.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Hopefully it has an overall positive effect. I'm not trying to be selfish, I was just wondering if changing the date would actually lower attendance.

i wasn't aware the melee scene had embraced project M enough for you to just drop it though.

Xyro77

how does pushing the date back help? maybe you guys should get head count for each date, iono about other people but its already less than a month so switching the date might eliminate anyone who needed a month's notice for the date

I already know im not coming if the date changes, im just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

if you go to the OP, every event was 30 days apart. if we keep the original rev 14 date, that means that rev 14 will not have 30 days to advertise. so its only fair if we push is back a week. if we do that, then the next event (tyler) wont have 30 days to advertise so it will need to be pushed back a week and this continues with the rest of the circuit. That is why i either asked people to puch back their dates or make the threads NOW so you have 30+ days to advertise.

again, no one has to do ANY of this but if YOU want to succeed and you want the LSC to succeed then please do it.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Around Dallas? All signs point to yes. However, as part of the talks yesterday, there was enough of a crowd at HOBO to warrant some merit in dropping Melee for Project M at the next circuit event.

Besides, I couldn't realistically run four events anyways with the expected attendance.

Xyro77

tomorrow morning im gonna send sanji the info for the Revo 14 thread and i will update the OP with new dates and LSC poin totals.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Because no one could possibly make plans to attend a tournament until the very next one passes? I mean...thats exactly what I did. I made plans to attend the Dallas event before the Houston event passed. Everyone else can make threads now and advertise for 50+ days or months. This thread even advertised for everything already.

I'd get it it it was like HOBO 38, where it suddenly popped out, but anyone who skimmed the OP knew (or thought) revolution was happening and 90% of them knew the side event would be project M.

Again, it doesn't really matter for me I guess. Whether its a date change or a late announcement, I doubt I'll go OoC on notice that short.

Xyro77

Because no one could possibly make plans to attend a tournament until the very next one passes? I mean...thats exactly what I did. I made plans to attend the Dallas event before the Houston event passed. Everyone else can make threads now and advertise for 50+ days or months. This thread even advertised for everything already.

I'd get it it it was like HOBO 38, where it suddenly popped out, but anyone who skimmed the OP knew (or thought) revolution was happening and 90% of them knew the side event would be project M.

Again, it doesn't really matter for me I guess. Whether its a date change or a late announcement, I doubt I'll go OoC on notice that short.
if i could, i would have had all TOs put threads up the first day i announced this thing.

but

99% of smashers/TOs do not plan WAY in advance. That is why all of this needs to happen imo.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
That is not really fair because no one counted on Denti's sudden retirement, for lack of a better term, either. ALSM, Batou and I are doing this on going on 36 hours short notice to get a tournament planned and advertised. That is way outside my comfort level because I would need normally three months of passive aggressive advertising before I am comfortable about the attendance level because I would like to give people a chance to pre-register. No one had a real back up plan in case of ANY of the TOs in the circuit backed out! This is the best that we can do.

I am actually typing up the thread as we speak on notepad. All that I am actually waiting on is Xyro's information from the last event and make a couple of more calls that I can't make until after noon.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
That's on you for not having a backup plan, to be honest. :applejack:
Let me pose this question, how can it be on me when it is Denti's tournament on the bloody OP? Also, how can it be on me when I first caught wind of how serious Denti's problems has become over a week ago and I, yes I, had to approach him to find out what involvement he was going to have with the circuit over 24 hours ago?

You don't know this, but I am the one who is still keeping this thing in "ICU" by calling Xyro 24 hours ago and offered to take over both Dallas legs of the circuit.

Xyro77

Me, espy??

I always have a back-up plan.

If "plan A" doesn't work, i go with " i do what i want now that people don't wanna do what i originally planned and they can either deal with it or don't go" plan.

Xyro77

If you can, that would help me a ton. Of all the events, i want to go to the tyler one the most. the 2nd weekend in may is PERFECT for me. but plz dont base it off of what i want.

Top Bottom