• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

S

smash brawl player 99021

They're getting rid of all the filler episodes that were in the original show. Like Tales of Ba Sing Se and the like.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Yeah, I didn't like it too much. Glad they're getting rid of all those useless episodes. l:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The soldier boy song was the most touching and human moment in Nickelodeon history, wtf.

soap

Smash Hero
The soldier boy song was the most touching and human moment in Nickelodeon history, wtf.
I teared up a lil first time I watched that. Iron was my favorite. The fact that mako died and they made that in tribute to him made it all the more sad.

And I liked most of the fillers. They are gonna travel around the world and not have fun and be silly?

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Good.

Tales of ba sing se was a terrible episode.
!!!

The story about Iroh actually made me cry. I loved that episode. To be honest, I didn't feel like the fillers were actually "fillers," cause they added more depth to the characters, more dimensions (in my opinion). They weren't like Naruto fillers, which are whimsical and useless in every way. (The Beach was another great one).

I wouldn't mind a few episodes like that in Korra (since they seem to do "fillers" really well) that don't necessarily advance the plot, but give us more insight to the character.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea i actually really liked the tales of ba sing se episode

though

it's kinda hard to watch more than once. lol.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
The Cave of the Two Lovers was pretty bad. Besides being introduced to the Badger Moles. But that group of hippie nomads were annoying.

Oh, oh, what's everyone's favorite bending style? Or which do you think is the strongest/weakest? Could add some good spice to the thread.

Personally, I liked Air. But I don't think it was represented as well as the other elements were for obvious reasons. So with Korra learning Airbending in the series, hopefully it'll be showed off more.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I thought the hippie nomads were mad funny, but I laugh at a lot of things XD

If I had to choose my fave, it would be either be Earth or Water. Leaning more towards water. Blood bending or whatever seems pretty over powered, also healing and ice would be useful.

Fire imo seemed the weakest. Didn't seem as flexible as the others.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fire is my favorite, but I also agree that it seems the weakest. You'd basically be ****ed in a low oxygen environment. There's always lightning too but that's slower than Ike's fsmash.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Azula is my favorite avatar character (mostly because of the blue flames).
Followed by Toph.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's! :3c

Earthbending was my least favorite until metalbending came along, then it became slightly cooler. It would be awesome to just be able to smash through a giant impenetrable steel fortress by flicking it.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
The Cave of the Two Lovers was pretty bad. Besides being introduced to the Badger Moles. But that group of hippie nomads were annoying.

Oh, oh, what's everyone's favorite bending style? Or which do you think is the strongest/weakest? Could add some good spice to the thread.

Personally, I liked Air. But I don't think it was represented as well as the other elements were for obvious reasons. So with Korra learning Airbending in the series, hopefully it'll be showed off more.
SECRET TUNNEL! SECRET TUNNEL! How could you not like that? But yeah, that episode doesn't stand out to me that much (besides the secret tunnel song).

Personally, I love Earthbending. There is something about the strength, the composition, the form, that I really like. And Metalbending f***ing rocks. Period. After Earth, I'd choose Air. As much as I like the structure of Earth, the freeform of Air is pretty appealing, too. Water is nice, though a tad limited (until you learn Bloodbending). I love the Firebender characters in the story, but fire as an element has little appeal to me...

Toph, Iroh, Azula, and Zuko. Those were my favorites, in that order.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
You are all forgetting the oh so useful "we'll put this in last minute as a way out of Aang killing someone" bending art that is of energy. :troll:

Seriously. It's so stupid. :mad:
Um...it is a cop out, I agree, but it's one that makes sense (I think), so I didn't have a problem with it. Though that's at the bottom of my list.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm not sure. It seemed like something so powerful that only the Avatar was allowed to be trusted with it, but perhaps it'll be something that the anti-bending groups are searching for...

That sounds really dumb, but who knows.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hope they don't put it in the new show. It would be such a wild change...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
And apparently, the person who did the voice of Aku in Samurai Jack did the voice of Iroh, who is one of my faves...

*tears of joy*

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
And apparently, the person who did the voice of Aku in Samurai Jack did the voice of Iroh, who is one of my faves...

*tears of joy*
He was also the narrator of the original Conan: The Barbarian. His voice is so awesome it could only be replaced by Morgan Freeman. Too bad the rest of the remake kinda sucked.

I'm so glad they're making this series, Avatar owns. Without it, kids these days would grow up thinking life is a trading card game tournament instead of a grand adventure.

neous

Smash Journeyman
'shoutouts' to mspaint?

Mako_______________________________________________________________________________________________________vs Bolin

Mako is mad bc Bolin is jacking his scarf style.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my favorite style is waterbending

it just seems so powerful lol. the earth's surface is 75% water, and so are human bodies

hm

have earth benders ever shown any kind of lava bending? didn't aang redirect lava at one point? (however ithink he just used earthbending to create a structure that would redirect it...)

neous

Smash Journeyman
yeah waterbending is pretty broken

lava is molten rock, so i dont see why an earthbender wouldnt be able to manipulate it
molten rock can be counted as "refined earth" though, like metal
so it may require special technique like metal bending

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Waterbending is broken, but flawed. If you break their arms, they're done for life. Besides maybe something like icy breath, their bending would end. I don't think they ever showed waterbenders bend with their legs at all during the show's run.

It always irked me how Katara always conveniently had water around her in the majority of her battles.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
well she kept some water in a vial because she knew it would be difficult to find in many places.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, if she didn't have that vial, she would be pretty useless in battle lol. It would just be Aang, Toph, and Saka (lol).

neous

Smash Journeyman
i thought it was conveniant too, but i rationalized that when the gaang traveled, they may have purposefully stuck close to water for survival purposes. that and, the geology of the avatar world is very island esque, with many locations surrounded by water.... but im kinda bsing

speaking on brokeness though

i always wondered if an airbender could create a vacuum or bend air out of people's lungs / nose, or force air into someone and make them explode

though due to their peaceful nature, this probably never would happen
unless a monk went rougue

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah that's also a bit morbid for the tone of the show, lol.
But then again, blood bending is pretty morbid too...

neous

Smash Journeyman
( i think bloodbending/fluids in the human body bending is the main reason why i think waterbending is super broken. )

- i think the show definitely had some morbidity and more mature elements. bloodbending like yous said, and the brutality of zuko's scarring and banishment by his father, it wasnt 'morbid' but i felt it was really edgy for a kids show.

also that demon "ko" or w/e its name was super creepy.

unrelated: how 'bout that combustion man? since were talking a bit about techs in the show, and weird or convenient things in general, wasnt bending with his face/forehead a bit wtfz?. i wonder what other sort of weird things they could fit in the avatar universe, such as waterbending with feet,

or weirder stuff

soap

Smash Hero
aang, zuko, and toph all did bending with their feet/legs.

I think waterbending/tai chi takes more finesse

toph just kinda stomped the ground occasionally, firebenders blast fire from all their limbs etc.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
also that demon "ko" or w/e its name was super creepy.
The faceless demon?
Yeah he was pretty creepy, lol.

unrelated: how 'bout that combustion man? since were talking a bit about techs in the show, and weird or convenient things in general, wasnt bending with his face/forehead a bit wtfz?. i wonder what other sort of weird things they could fit in the avatar universe, such as waterbending with feet,

or weirder stuff
I always wondered about him too.
And they never even explained what was up with him.
Pretty annoyed about that, actually.

Top Bottom