• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Korra

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I thinkwe'll see Crazy Old Lady Katara as well. In The Fortuneteller, Aunt Wu predicts Katara will live to see her great grandchildren. And Aunt Wu is always right.

Can your science explain how it rains?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Katara will end up being that creepy old lady who teaches people how to bloodbend and then becomes a major antagonist.

What a scary thought.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Katara will end up being that creepy old lady who teaches people how to bloodbend and then becomes a major antagonist.

What a scary thought.

Funny thing, they gave that episode like 30 min ago XD

Also, what kind of animal will Korra have? Aang has Momo and Appa and the guy who came before Aang had a Dragon

Although Waterbenders DID learn from the moon so I'm not sure what Korra could have as an animal buddy

But she better had have one. Also, I predict that Tenzin will be the Sokka of this show

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I didn't say it was to be the fish, I was using the yin and yang fish as evidence for a possible aquatic animal partner for Korra.

A penguin?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I didn't say it was to be the fish, I was using the yin and yang fish as evidence for a possible aquatic animal partner for Korra.

A penguin?
I really hope Princess Yue makes a re-appearance.

Also Koizilla.

Okay, mostly Koizilla.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
She'd be back in spirit mode.

I think Korra's animal guide will be something she meets during the show.

Also, I hope Iroh will still be alive. He could be! You know, all that tea has powerful anti-oxidants. Or was it deadly poison? Hmmm....

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yes...maybe Bumi is still alive. He was the most powerful earthbender Aang ever saw, and they were childhood friends..

EDIT: You know what's interesting? That Guru Pathik that Aang met is even older than him and Bumi. I found out on Avatar Extras.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'd be surprised if Bumi's still alive. It seems like the series is starting completely anew.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'd rather have a new cartoon Avatar series over an Avatar movie any day.

It's gonna be sad that we will no longer have Toph, Soka, Zuko, Uncle, etc...

I have a feeling we will be seeing some Aang and Katara though.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
We'll probably see all of them at some point or another..... if anything in a flashback or something.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I cant wait for Korras interaction with Aang. Shes headstrong and feisty so it should be an interesting dynamic. I wonder what she thinks of Aangs beliefs/advice....

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wait so this will be interesting since there won't be a newer Avatar at this point, correct? Because all Avatars are reincarnated after or upon death, so Aang is still alive, as would be Katara, Sokka, and Toph.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Aang is definitely still living through the Spirit World. Korra will most likely be able to communicate with Aang the same way Aang communicated with Avatar Roku.

Zuko, Katara, Sokka, and Toph could very well stll be alive... But they will all be old since this takes place 70 years in the future.

It's going to be a really emotional moment when Korra communicates with Aang for the first time... I look forward to it! :)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I didn't mean dead as in completely vanished, I meant dead in the physical world. And yeah, I agree with you on how it will be when Korra meets Aang. It will be cool to see how much he's changed, and what stayed the same :chuckle:

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I think we'll probably see more of Aang in this series than we saw of Roku et al. in The Last Airbender. Korra is under the tutelage of Aang's son, and I assume Aang would teach him all the avatar stuff he knows and it's pretty much Tenzin's job to teach the avatar to be the avatar in addition to airbending. Aang had to stumble into information gradually from the spirit world, Roku showing up, The Guru, etc. Aang will probably be able to tell her everything he thinks she needs to know.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Since Tenzin is most likely Aang and Katara's son, I think it would be neat if we find out Katara is still alive and Tenzin goes and visits her or something for an episode.

Oh and another thing... Since Aang was "the last Airbender," wouldn't that mean Tenzin is also (before Korra learns Airbending of course)?

EDIT: What if Sokka and Sukki had a son/daughter? I could see that happening too.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Aang was the "last airbender," but if he has kids they should be able to airbend as well. So any future generations of Aang and Tenzin's kids are airbenders.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
It'd also be possible for Aang and Katara's son to be a waterbender, or not a bender at all. I assume Tenzin is an airbender since he's teaching Korra airbending, but if Aang and Katara had other children they wouldn't be guaranteed airbenders.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
TZN: Will you be working on the new Avatar: The Last Airbender series?
ANDREA ROMANO: I already am. I’ve recorded three episodes. It's seventy five years in the future.
TZN: Will Aang in any way be in the series?
ANDREA ROMANO: I don’t know how much of the series I’m allowed to tell you, but that whole generation has died. It’s the next generation. So it’s really cool. It’s the same producers. It’s the same brilliant attention to detail and I’m very excited. Right now we are just making twelve of them and we’ll see what happens.

This is from the casting (voice acting) director for The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.

Its a 12 part mini series set to arrive late 2011.

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
Where I live? Why, location is a state of mind my
That's really a shame. I really wanted to see what happened to Azula. I mean, she ended up having a comlete mental breakdown and having pretty much every illusion and misconception she clung to shattered before her eyes. I thought it might've been interesting to see how she lived the rest of her life from there. I mean, she was only like, 15 years old by the end of the series, so, it seemed like she could've easily changed. Plus, I don't think we ever really figured out what happened to her mother (unless we had some kind of animated movie about that).

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It could be very possible that they have flashbacks/cameos. I still think (probably like many others) that Aang's spirit will play a prominent role as one of Korra's guides in becoming the Avatar.

EDIT: Half ninja'd by Terywj lol

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It looks sooooo awesome.

I'm sad it's not gonna have many episodes, though.
I was hoping for at least as many as the original series.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
What? Seriously? Man, the original was so amazing and I'm hoping this one is even better man

I'm curious to see who's gonna replace Sokka in this new show

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Goddam I'm hyped for this. Loved the first series so much.

Omg Aang + Katara? :O

neous

Smash Journeyman
so i follow meno on tumblr, and found that hes following http://plethoraofkorra.tumblr.com/

contains alot of sdcc coverage and content (pics etc) concerning the legend of korra that i havent seen until now, along with nostalgic avatar music [leaves from the vine???] in the background. WOW.

[enjoy!]

edit: informative article summarizing new info (via tumblog) http://www.lastairbenderfans.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1311605408&archive=&start_from=&ucat=11&
peep those pics n vids n links at the bottom

Top Bottom