• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King is Back! King Dedede that is!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
This game is going to be epic like no other, his FS I was picturing a giant hammer hitting the whole stage (similar to a Master/Crazy Hand attack but on a larger scale)

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
raiden from metal gear solid
Are you kidding me? We're getting 3 third party characters at most. Mega Man will be the last one. And what has Raiden done to even deserve a spot as an assist trophy let alone be playable. Him and Geno will not make it (thank goodness) Mega Man will take that last spot.

Brawl Melee 64

Smash Cadet
Awesome character update! I've wanted DDD in for a loong time. The only things left that I want in this game is Board the Platforms and Megaman (maybe Megaman is aiming to high) but this update was amazing for me

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I totally expected a character update today. I told my friend yesterday and I was like "Dude, there's going to be a character update tomorrow, go check it in the morning, seriously I have a good feeling about tomorrows update."

I just I got kind of lucky. XD

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Nice thought, but we need to find out what next update will be, we now can have some interesting battle although I hope Gannondorf will still be in...

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
Are you kidding me? We're getting 3 third party characters at most. Mega Man will be the last one. And what has Raiden done to even deserve a spot as an assist trophy let alone be playable. Him and Geno will not make it (thank goodness) Mega Man will take that last spot.
But snake will be lonely....And oh god why do people like geno

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Geno is an old character, who was very popular after his first and only appearence in SMRPG... He is just an interesting character (have you ever played SMRPG?)

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
Defiantly not surprising,
Since Dedede was Shoe-in from the beginning.

Although I was a expecting a veteran update today.
Preferably Ganon/dorf.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Geno does not deserve a spot as playable. There are plenty of 1st party options out there. He's not even a classic character like Pit, Little Mac, Mario etc. I'd take Pac Man before him. And I hate Pac Man.

Sir James

The Doctor
Awesome update...caught off guard once again! I was expecting a veteran fighter. I hope tomorrow's update is the Dedede special move set.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
PARTY TIME!
Sonic, prepare to meet your doom.
I shall smash Sonic into oblivion with the King of Popstar's mighty hammer!:chuckle:
Seriously, this is pretty much one of the best updates ever.

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
Kirby fans unite!

Im sooo glad hes in, it just makes me feel that kirby won't suck in brawl

EDIT:

And why the hell do people keep taking cheap shots at geno. if you have a problem with him, be a man and go to the Official Geno Thread so you can get ***** in 5 positions.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
I have, god that game was so cool. Anyways the way to me where Brawl is heading, it seems that each playable character will be have a rival character. So assuming that Falcon is still in his rival will be Black Shadow or Deathborn, Ike's will be that Dark Knight dude, and Link and Zelda will Ganondorf. (i found evil character/rivals in wikipedia)

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
I always knew Dedede would make it in, ever since SSB64. Anyways, I think his FS will be where he turns dark and his belly begins to have a eye/mouth theen starts blasting people with it. BTW anyone know what I'm talkin about?
sounds familiar...I never really wanted Dedede in Brawl...but now that he's in, I think he's awesome all of a sudden :laugh:

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, he might have good recovery for a heavyweight, considering that in the Kirby games, he can always inhale air in order to float just like Kirby.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Geno does not deserve a spot as playable. There are plenty of 1st party options out there. He's not even a classic character like Pit, Little Mac, Mario etc. I'd take Pac Man before him. And I hate Pac Man.

Geno would absolutely deserve a spot as an AT, however.

overthere

Smash Cadet
Oh! That was a surprise. I hadn't expected King Dedede ever since the original video revealing Meta Knight.

I just hope he's got a unique moveset, as I can't picture what any of his specials would be.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
i bet

his nuetural specail will be same as kirbies but long range and spit farther and his dash attack (kirby does buning) he'll trip and fall on anyone around him like in the old kirby games i think his up B will be abosrobing air and floating around again like in the old days!:laugh:

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
huh funny sakurai didnt mention ike as heavy
He sort of implied it really good when he said "This time there will be lot's of moves like this among the heavy characters." Plus people have already played with Ike and deemed him to be a fatty.

Top Bottom