• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King is Back! King Dedede that is!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
King Dedede being confirmed is really good. Kirby is such an underrated series, and the perfect three are now in Brawl.
Kirby has ALWAYS been my favorite nintendo series...ever since Dreamland 1, and especially Dreamland 2!

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Want to hear some speculation?
Kirby's wearing Dedede's hat in that pic, and it says that Dedede uses his hammer alot. My guess, is that they are refining Kirby's moves (perhaps taking out the hammer and replacing it with something better), because Dedede will use a hammer and it might be stale to have both characters utilize the same weapon. That also might be why Kirby wasn't playable at the demos.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
I'm veeeeeerry happy about this update.

But because Waddledees are carrying his throne, It probably rules out the possibility of WaddleDee being a playable character. maybe they'll be AT's.

Um. Waddledees as a playable character would be the dumbest thing imaginable, especially considering there's already 3 characters from that series.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I know this is off topic but I did mention this before this could very well be the last Smash Brothers Game Rx also just mentioned it aswell. What if this is the last Smash game what would you guys do?? Im asking because it seems like Mr. Sakurai is pulling out all the stops and making this game as massive as it could be. Sorry to ask this here but I dont know how to post in the boards.
I think this may very well be the last Smash (At least with Sakurai heading it) so I'm sure Sakurai is pulling out all the stops.

King Dedede is going to be the first heavy-weight character I actually use (I played a bit as Bowser and DK but I didn't really like them) King Dedede looks adorable.

-Knight

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Now, this seems a little odd to me. I thought the characters we were seeing were the starting roster, but it seems unlikely that there's three characters from Kirby all on the starting roster. Especially as we haven't seen newcomers from Starfox or Zelda yet, or Captain Falcon.

Also... I've definately seen that picture of Dedede before, somewhere.
This all seems weird.

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
Not a character on my wishlist, but any new character is a good character. Looks like he could be fun to play, glad to see they're fleshing out the heavy weights too.

Anyone else notice they mentioned his hammer as being "newly-mechanized?" Sounds like that had to make a minor change in order to provide him with a unique moveset. Fine with me, but makes me wonder what he's gonna do.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Edit: ^^^^^ yes, he is cute and cuddly but he is infact evil
Not really. In the Kirby games he did cause a lot of ruckus, but he mostly does things in the inerest of Popstar. Because, you can't be king of a broken country, isn't it?

For example, in Kirby's Adventure, the only reason he broke the Star Rod is because he wanted to prevent Nightmare from taking it. Thus, he's not really that evil.

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
Not really. In the Kirby games he did cause a lot of ruckus, but he mostly does things in the inerest of Popstar. Because, you can't be king of a broken country, isn't it?

For example, in Kirby's Adventure, the only reason he broke the Star Rod is because he wanted to prevent Nightmare from taking it. Thus, he's not really that evil.
True, Dedede is usually far more mischevious, and sometimes selfish, then 'evil.' But hes still Kirby's main antagonist.

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
whoa this can't be right. I could've almost sworn the King was unlockable. I don't understand why would the kirby series start out with all 3 of it's characters? We still haven't even gotten Falcon yet...

Now i don't know what is going on (unlockable or not). Nice job Sakurai, you got me.
Just because they are announced on the site doesn't mean they will be part of the starting roster. In fact I remember hearing that all 3rd party characters would be unlockable and two of them have been announced. There are 22 characters on the site already I think that would be way to big of a starting roster

King Dedede looks freakin awesome and I think some more major villains may be on their way

Special moves and/or FSA for tomorrow

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
Off topic, but this makes me think of subspace. Goombas, Koopas, Waddle Dees, Bronto Burts, Keese, Moblins, Shreikbats, Metroids, Grim Reapers, Buzz Bombers... and more, all trying to get in your way! Watch out!

Anyway, back on topic, I'm overjoyed that the main Kirby crew is complete! Since Dedede is now playable, (Just saying that gives me chills), I would be expecting Dark Matter to be a boss. Or Marx. Please let it be Marx!!!

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Now, this seems a little odd to me. I thought the characters we were seeing were the starting roster, but it seems unlikely that there's three characters from Kirby all on the starting roster. Especially as we haven't seen newcomers from Starfox or Zelda yet, or Captain Falcon.

This all seems weird.
Dedede I bet you is not a starting character. The boxart of the game has the starting characters, and it has Metaknight and Kirby so I'm sure that Dedede is an unlockable.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs.....
Now gimme my Falcon.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
so how exactly do you pronounce his name? is it more like "deedeedee" or "daydayday"

it's weird cause all this time I thought his name was king dee dee not king dedede.

Rose Monkey

Smash Apprentice
When I clicked on the Dojo today, I was like "wtf, did I click on a shoop from /v/ by accident?"

I swear I've seen it too. Looks just like that shoop that's been going around...

I think...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I clicked on the Dojo today, I was like "wtf, did I click on a shoop from /v/ by accident?"

I swear I've seen it too. Looks just like that shoop that's been going around...

I think...
...Someone must have leaked Dedede early and passed it off as a Photoshop...

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Can't say I was happy to see this update never really liked King Dedede tho I have said this about other characters too so maybe I'll come to like him as well.

Q-Boy

Smash Rookie
Whoa!!

wow, i didnt actually think that he'd be put in here, im really shocked about that one, but hey, its cool!!

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Japanese spelling is also Dedede, which would be pronounced closer to Daydayday, but everyone I've heard say it in English pronounces it Deedeedee.

EDIT: So late >_<

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
So, now 3 characters that can use a hammer (Kirby Side+B = hammer)... Should we now be complaining now??? lol...

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
The official English name is Dee Dee Dee (Pronounced)

The official Japanese name is Day Day Day (Pronounced)
The Japanese pronounciation is more like "deh deh deh". It only sounds like Day day day if you're an American trying to speak Japanese. LOL

Anyway, this is great.

Just give me a Kirby stage, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Ganondorf, and I'm set for the next 10 years.

Oh, and plz make a DS Smash Bros that can connect to Brawl. I KNOW YOU'RE HERE SAKURAI. I KNOW YOU'RE LISTENING. DO WHAT I SAY.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was skeptical on Dedede's new appearance in Smash but it has really grown on me!:chuckle:

amost

Smash Apprentice
I can honestly say I didn't expect Dedede to actually make it into the game...

Top Bottom