• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King is Back! King Dedede that is!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
This was one of those rare updates where I actually pumped my fist into the air and said, "YES!" I can't even begin to tell you guys about how exciting it is to finally see the Kirby franchise rounded out. Now I get to play whack-a-mole with people's heads with King Dedede. :laugh:

Now we just need Ridley...and my wishlist is complete.
My thoughts exactly. Two down (Sonic and Dedede) and one to go.

Smooth Criminal

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
cool. he's was one of those character that i knew would be in, but now that he's confirmed i'm excited. that list of characters is just getting bigger and bigger...

after sonic, wishlist would be complete if they confirm ridley....but unfortunately wolf is gone..

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
Hey alright

I think it might be great for him to be on here! Oh yeah i almost forgot to say... Kirby only takes the normal B move, not the attack. Like Game & Watch, He got the Pancake throwing ability. So maybe he will have the hammer & King Dedede's B Move!

BUM163

Smash Lord
2 everyone who thinks kirby side b, which is the hammer is out itz not. u can see him using it on the petey in adventure. the hammer in the air itz use in a twirling motion instead of the weak flip that he does n it looks more powerful. i'm glad anotha heavyweight is in n people who think he's gonna b like ice climbers........... lol go 2 sleep

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Well, I guess they'll be removing Kirby then.

You know that when Lucas was announced they said "Will he surpass Ness?"... Everyone was so sure he was gone.

It says in black and white that Dedede is going to defeat Kirby... too bad!

Well played!

Also, is this guy gonna be a heavyweight who can float?

Kirby Superstar

Smash Apprentice
Now I'm just hoping for Ridley. And then possibly Midna.
I see this, and all the chars I wanted in brawl will be complete. And wtf does Sakurai likie stalk everyone on this board? hes eliminated about every "_____ could be brawl" or "the official _______ thread" thread there could possibly be. Now the only threads left have no support lol.... just ridley and midna left.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
My Kirby Dream team is complete.

I'll play the King... and own with my heavy weight ownership.

I'll play the Knight.... and hide away in the shadows of my chilvalry.

And I'll play the KIRBY.... and I'll dethrone myself only to be lifted into a star studded TRINITY.

KingKnightKirby

KrazyKirbyKid!

PrinceOfDalaam

Smash Apprentice
Oh dear sweet lord yes! KING DEDEDE IS DA MAN(i mean penguin!)

Alls i needs now is Poo and I will be a happy boy.

P.S. DDD's intro is the friggen best so far! HAHA CARRY ME MY PUNY WADDLE DEE SLAVES!

asheam

Smash Rookie
Nope, cause that's not what I'm going for. This King works in sporting goods.
Woo :) it's from the movie where a guy coaches a kid's soccer team against his dad's soccer team. Some guy is called Buck. Sadly i can't remember there names. All I know is that "I've got balls" :).
Do i get a cookie?

Edit: Its called Kicking and Screaming with Will Ferrel. Phil against Buck

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Woo :) it's from the movie where a guy coaches a kid's soccer team against his dad's soccer team. Some guy is called Buck. Sadly i can't remember there names. All I know is that "I've got balls" :).
Do i get a cookie?

Uh.... no. Krantastic does....

(althoughithinkimeanthousewares>_>)

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
raiden and megaman next!
Raiden from Mortal Kombat? I don't know about that.

I am so glad that we got a character. King Dedede looks awesome. It's also good to see another Villain. And it's good to have another heavy character. I was hoping for Lucario but this is just as awesome. Here's hoping for a veteran next week. Thank you Sakurai for listing to your fans and putting in a great character.

Penguins rock. 'nuff said.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
well... this is what happens when the director of the game is also the director of the Kirby series. Give me K.Rool and Ridley and I'll stop whining.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Great, now we got the main Kirby characters in. And since he's a heavyweight, I think I may use him.

But I wonder if he's hidden or not.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
Raiden from Mortal Kombat? I don't know about that.

I am so glad that we got a character. King Dedede looks awesome. It's also good to see another Villain. And it's good to have another heavy character. I was hoping for Lucario but this is just as awesome. Here's hoping for a veteran next week. Thank you Sakurai for listing to your fans and putting in a great character.

Penguins rock. 'nuff said.
raiden from metal gear solid

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Wow. Let me just say I really didn't see that coming.

Now, I have a few questions:
1) Does anyone else think he looks especially cartoony in all of his shots?
2) What happens when he picks up a (golden)/hammer? What will he do with his other one?
3) Final Smash... GIANT Hammer? Waddle Dee Army?
4) Where the hell is Captain Falcon!?

RatherDashing42

Smash Rookie
Very, very VERY good character. Fantastic new addition to the heavyweight lineup. I reacted to this the same way I did when I saw Diddy. I just thought "He's a perfect character for Brawl". Love him, though not sure how much I'll use him cause I'm not great with heavyweights, but still love him.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
I must admit i wasn't expecting this, however, it does make perfect sense :p i mean, Link and Ganandorf, Bowser and Mario, it just falls into place, even tho Ganandorf hasn't been confirmed lol.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
hmm i know he can inhale, but wouldnt it be awsome if he could inhale multiple characters....the craziness

also im loking foward to the dedede fight music now......has to be in the game now right?

Top Bottom