• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The King is Back! King Dedede that is!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
and the King Dedede fan/ support threads go wild!!! XDD not a bad character update..King Dedede ispopular in Japan right?...and now I just noticed that we now have 3 reps from the Kirby Series

End Game

Smash Journeyman
I thought we weren't gonna get a character for at least a couple of more weeks due to Sonic. Well, i love being wrong.

Dedede looks awesome! And i think this kinda disproves the whole starting roster theory because i seriously doubt the starting roster will consist of ALL the kirby franchise.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Best update ever. As soon as I saw that "Warning" sign I said KDD and looky here. My three mains are in now. I'm a happy Smasher now. The updates can stop here now for all I care. XD

Also: HE WON'T BE A ICE CLIMBER CLONE JUST BECAUSE HE HAS AN AWSOME HAMMER!!!

Suicide-4-life

Smash Rookie
Uhhhhhhh....

Well I've always expected King DeDeDe until meta night came. Well can anybode imagine a final smash? I definatly can't.Or his moveset? This will probably change kirby's moveset a little(side B hammer and Forward areal). The reason being is because in all of the kirby games, Kirby got the hammer ability from king dedede and king dedede only. so kirbys side B will have to be changed permanatly and his forward areal too. but his and king dedede's Nutral B will probably be kirby's SSBM side B, but in a different motionof swing, size, power ect. Dont get me wrong im just saying it wont make sense to have 3 simalar moves when its just supposed to be B. but as for kibys forward areal here are some of my seggustions:

1.He takes out his original sword ability (in the same motion as the hammer originaly moved)and it does more or less damage, has a different sound, and goes faster due to the abcence of air resistance(it only makes sense...). and it would be longer or shorter..i dont know...

2.Kirby now has the flame (or fire) ability and spins forward to cause a cyclone of flames. This would have about(or more) the same radius as the hammer did and be faster. and once he hit the ground the star would come out of kirby.

3...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................That all i gots...

burrito

Smash Lord
I knew that we would see King Dedede, but I thought he would be unlockable. This really throws me off guard.

PKnight

Smash Cadet
Sakurai already sets DDD apart from the Ice Climbers by stating 'Mechanizing his wooden mallet.' Plus the fact that he's a huge penguin wearing a robe.

DDD = <3<3<3<3<3<3

Tenza

Smash Cadet
Well i don't like Dedede at all but its gonna be fun to kick his penguin butt with the best Kirby character (Metaknight of course)

BUT

Note: If you've ever played the old Kirby games, you'll know that Dedede can suck stuff in like Kirby...THAT is truly gonna suck for opponents considering hes heavy with a hammer for longer reach

Oh and I'm assuming his forward special will be his stomach slide :p

Kirby got the hammer ability from king dedede and king dedede only.
Wrong; In the old games he got it from the Hammer Bros. (that's what I call them) too and in the newer games, from the Smash power...So i'm pretty sure they wont change anything unless its just for the sake of adding different moves to Kirby

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOO YES YESS YESS SIIIIXX TEEEE FOUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRR!!! YES! YES !

sorry, had to get that out of my system, you understand...

Kirby got the hammer ability from king dedede and king dedede only.
QF Lies, that's not true. Kirby could get the hammer ability from that hammer thing. I'm not even sure he COULD suck up Dedede before smash.

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
The reason being is because in all of the kirby games, Kirby got the hammer ability from king dedede and king dedede only.
This is incorrect. Kirby gains the hammer ability from the enemy called Bonkers in both Kirby's adventure and Kirby superstar.

Zabie

Smash Journeyman
I was surprised that they revealed Dedede. Now Kirby Series has 3 starters? Dedede should be unlockable but.

Anyway, Giant Penguin + Giant Hamer = Epic

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Yay for mallet weilding villian penguin!

No surprise that Dedede is in really considering how much he was requested by fans and he's also Sakurai's own creation. Plus all you have to do is look at some of the old boss battles with him in Kirby games and you can see the moveset possibilities.

At this point I'm pretty confident all the characters we know right now are not going to be on the starting roster. With 3 Kirby reps, 0 F-zero ones, and two third party ones that Sakurai originaly said were proabily going to be unlockable (Sonic just screams having to be unlocked by beating the game in a certain period of time), it doesn't feel like all of these guys can be in the roster right away.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
It's over NINE****INGTHOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Yeah, I'm glad the guy is in Brawl. It's obvious that Sakuri wouldn't be so stupid to leave him out, but it's still nice to actually get a confirmation of his appearance.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
They better make up for lame (imo) characters like this with better ones........but it seems like all the secret characters from the 64 are staying secret in brawl.

Tenza

Smash Cadet
Now Kirby Series has 3 starters? Dedede should be unlockable but.

Anyway, Giant Penguin + Giant Hamer = Epic
Who's to say all of the characters the site is revealing are starters? Personally i think all the veterans and only a couple newcomers will be starters =/

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
This thread should have been titled, "The King has joined?" or TK or something to make people think burger king got in. hahahha

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
hey this gave me an idea for a boss. what if the boss from kirby's world was enemy (that black guy form kirby dream land, i think that is his name)
I'm overjoyed that the main Kirby crew is complete! Since Dedede is now playable, (Just saying that gives me chills), I would be expecting Dark Matter to be a boss. Or Marx. Please let it be Marx!!!
Dark Matter.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
yay KIng DeDeDE :D

Its so awesome he's in. I like that guy, he's funny, AND he's a good guy deep down inside.

And yes, Dark Matter for boss.

09MurphyM

Smash Rookie
I'm glad that they decided to give us a sneak peek of what kirby will look like if you use copy on king dedede.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Wow. Sakurai really threw me for a loop with this one! I mean, I knew that Dedede would make it in--there was never a doubt in my mind. But so soon! My little brother wlil be so happy. :grin:

So now, the real question: default or secret? I can only imagine him as secret, especially if MK is default.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't one of the characters I wanted the most, but I definately am excited for this :)

drengist

Smash Journeyman
Never heard of him... He looks lame... Me want more newcomers like Solid Snake!

Sumenora

Smash Apprentice
i was expecting this ......well at least the boards didnt crash like when sonic was confermed

now i can tell that the following will be also arriving.......

megaman

knuckles

geno

krystal

AND bowser JR............good stuff

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
i like how half this thread has nothing to do with the King making it, but instead talking about who else they want off thier list. this is Dedede's time, lets soak it up in all its majesty! that was a long drought without a character..over two weeks, longest drought yet me thinks...but welcome to the big time King Deeeeededeeeeee!!

Quintsy

Smash Cadet
i like how half this thread has nothing to do with the King making it, but instead talking about who else they want off thier list. this is Dedede's time, lets soak it up in all its majesty! that was a long drought without a character..over two weeks, longest drought yet me thinks...but welcome to the big time King Deeeeededeeeeee!!
Very true this is indeed Dedede's time, now we just need more info on how he will play.

Magicant

Smash Rookie
Well, I guess they'll be removing Kirby then.

You know that when Lucas was announced they said "Will he surpass Ness?"... Everyone was so sure he was gone.

It says in black and white that Dedede is going to defeat Kirby... too bad!

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
I'm just happy for the fact that there's another playable villain in the game. I know its debatable, but he is a "bad guy".

Top Bottom