• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice
Gave your comment a like. Ya did Shantae justice my friend. He had so many of his facts wrong it made me sick...
Thank you, my friend :)

And like Andre, he's favoring Shovel Knight WAY too much, that he's kind of blinded on why Shantae is getting a lot of love. While I don't have a problem with SK, he's getting way too overhyped to the point where people think he's a shoe-in, no matter what position he's in.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I see her more as Patty Thompson from soul eater. I also see Sky's voice simular panty from panty and stocking (the same voice actor also voices Liz Thompson from soul eater)
I personally think Lauren Landa's Kyoko voice from Madoka Magica could be pretty fitting for Rottytops as well,

And her Squigly voice would suit her human form as well (which is kinda Ironic if you think about it)

First of all, I can't decide between C/D for 2, 3, and 4.
Second of all, on the topic of what Rottytops would sound like, what do you all think Sky, Bolo, Uncle Mimic, Risky, her Tinkerbats, and Rotty's brothers, Abner Cadaver and Poe wold sound like, had Half-Genie Hero gotten voice acting?
Keeping with Cristina Vee as Shantae, here's my list of voice actors/actresses I think the Shantae series should have, (still undecided on some, I wouldn't mind some second opinions as well):
Major Characters:
Risky Boots: Laura Post, Erin Fitzgerald or Karen Strassman
Rottytops: Lauren Landa
Sky: Carrie Keranen, Caitlin Glass or Julie Ann Taylor
Bolo: Lucien Dodge
Mimic: Charles Martinet

Minor Characters:
Mayor Scuttlebutt: having trouble finding someone fitting, maybe Kaiji Tang or David Vincent?
Abner Cadaver: Christopher Corey Smith or Kyle Hebert
Poe: Casey Robertson or Sean Schemmel
Barracuda Joe: Josh Tomar
Squid Baron: Scott Whyte
Ammo Baron: Patrick Seitz

Others:
Dance Parlor Lady: Cindy Robinson
Hypno Baron: Liam O' Brien
Chef Girl: Stephanie Sheh
Twitch/Vinegar: Stephanie Komure
Techno Baron: Edwyn Tiong
Brandon/Bran-Son: Martin "LittleKuriboh" Billany
Sky's mother: Erika Harlacher
Sky's father: Kirk Thornton
Hexer: Alan Oppenheimer
Pirate Master: Jamieson Price or Patrick Seitz

Link to a Voice Actor website if you don't know who some of these people are:
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Thank you, my friend :)

And like Andre, he's favoring Shovel Knight WAY too much, that he's kind of blinded on why Shantae is getting a lot of love. While I don't have a problem with SK, he's getting way too overhyped to the point where people think he's a shoe-in, no matter what position he's in.
Aye. I have nothing against the good knight either(in fact, I'm fond of the fellow). But he is getting over-hyped just a little too much because of his Amiibo. I'm all for generating hype, but don't do it in the wrong way. Gonna say it, I'll be very disappointed if Shantae doesn't get in after all the support she got through the ballot. *sigh* Please Nintendo.... tell us something soon....

iLoveSmash4

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninfanboy
3DS FC
2466-2684-0709
Aye. I have nothing against the good knight either(in fact, I'm fond of the fellow). But he is getting over-hyped just a little too much because of his Amiibo. I'm all for generating hype, but don't do it in the wrong way. Gonna say it, I'll be very disappointed if Shantae doesn't get in after all the support she got through the ballot. *sigh* Please Nintendo.... tell us something soon....
I agree.

Go Shantae

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
So I recently bought Donkey Kong Country on Virtual Console, and just finished it tonight (super fun game btw). I've gotta say, I did not realize K. Rool was so godd@mn enormous. I knew he was big, but not THAT big. Seriously, he's like four times the size of Donkey Kong. He must be one of those giant, prehistoric crocodiles or something. I don't think sizing him down would be an issue like it would be for Ridley - after all it worked fine with Bowser - but wow is he huge. At least in the original game he was.

For Rottytop's disguise, I'm thinking of 1A, D, or F.

Here's a convienent "result" chart:View attachment 76804
1A all the way! If only I had discovered Shantae early enough to be a backer so I could vote. Oh well...

First Andre from Gamexplain, and now this guy. I wish they would look into her history rather than judging by her appearance. He literally called her outfit a bikini >_<

I already left a comment on the flaws he made about her. I doubt he'll say anything about it, but still.
Man I am SO glad we don't have to worry about these big YouTube personalities influencing people's votes anymore. I think it's still really good that you commented and pointed out his stupidity though, because even though the votes are in, it definitely wouldn't serve our cause to have a post ballot surge of Shantae hate led by some boneheaded YouTubers.

Speaking of which, god, both of them were so uninformed and biased. Maybe Andre never said he "hates" Shantae, but he shouldn't be surprised that people accuse him of that when he speaks about her with such blatant bias and ignorance.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Well, you know, Shantae lost all her genie powers in the first trilogy, this is a "New Shantae" in a way, it's a reboot, so maybe Rottytops and zombies are just accepted here because why not?
Wouldn't call this a reboot. Matt Bozon just stated that each game from here on out is gonna have one story that will be finished in itself. HGH still takes place after the trilogy. All the events that have happened so far still apply.

Also, pretty sure it was just Rotty and her brothers were known to be pretty bad when they were together. Denizens of Sequin Land seem like they trade with the Zombie Caravan

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Drew another Urban Shantae while testing out Fire Alpaca

Fire Alpaca Test 2 Urban Shantae.png
It fun to draw but coloring it was another story... I hope it won't be long til we hear some news...the 6 month wait was brutal

FUN FACT: This my 840th drawing of 2015~

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Shantae: Mommy, why does everyone think I'm a fanservice object because of my clothes?

Erin Bozon: You live in a time of uncultured idiots, honey. This is why your father and I homeschool you.

Shantae: So that's why I'm an indie.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
image.jpg
This week on "Bolo's life kindof sucks."

It's okay, Bolo. Maybe we'll bring you next time
image.jpg

Kudos to Jamesman for this hilarious idea

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Drew another Urban Shantae while testing out Fire Alpaca

It fun to draw but coloring it was another story... I hope it won't be long til we hear some news...the 6 month wait was brutal

FUN FACT: This my 840th drawing of 2015~
I like it. The style looks really coo, to me, makes this seem fresh from the stuff I've seen of her before.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I've also got an urban Shantae in the works, but the approach is somewhat different. She has somewhat more of a rebellious look to her.

Drawing Shantae in different types of clothing is always a blast. Great job ShyGuy XL ShyGuy XL

Last edited:

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
I've also got an urban Shantae in the works, but the approach is somewhat different. She has somewhat more of a rebellious look to her.

Drawing Shantae in different types of clothing is always a blast. Great job ShyGuy XL ShyGuy XL
Thanks this is my 4th time drawing her in urban clothes she does look good in anything besides her regular get up

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Shantae in mini skirts is the most adorable thing.
Be still, my beating heart.

This does support a point I made earlier. Even if you gave Shantae clothing that covers her up more than her normal attire, she's still as just appealing, likeable, and adorable.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Wake me up when Sakurai reveals Shantae.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Freedom Planet is a good game to own. You can play the story from 2 perspectives.

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
True art.View attachment 76914With no source. Dangit.
Saw this on Twitter, and actually someone here was using it as an avatar.

But yeah, I think that's one of my favorite fan images of her. Looks like something out of a high-fantasy setting such as World of Warcraft.

Freedom Planet is a good game to own. You can play the story from 2 perspectives.
Agreed, it especially hits home for me because I was a Genesis boy back in the day. But one thing that bothers me just a little is how Lilac is so much stronger as well as easier to use than Carol... but it's not that big of a deal. I guess there's more of a problem with how Milla plays.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Saw this on Twitter, and actually someone here was using it as an avatar.

But yeah, I think that's one of my favorite fan images of her. Looks like something out of a high-fantasy setting such as World of Warcraft.

Agreed, it especially hits home for me because I was a Genesis boy back in the day. But one thing that bothers me just a little is how Lilac is so much stronger as well as easier to use than Carol... but it's not that big of a deal. I guess there's more of a problem with how Milla plays.
I mean "no source" in terms of me being unable to find the original artist.

(Also Milla's intended to be the hard mode.)

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So is there any potential match ups you'd like to see for Shantae and any other possible ballot characters?

Example: Shantae Vs. King K Rool

goatman2112

Smash Rookie
So is there any potential match ups you'd like to see for Shantae and any other possible ballot characters?

Example: Shantae Vs. King K Rool
Shantae vs. Shovel Knight: Indie Go Go!
Shantae vs. K. Rool Seven Seas Smack Down
Shantae vs. Wolf Hunting on the high seas!
Shantae vs. Isaac Magical Melee!
Shantae vs. Snake.... I don't know something but epic!

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Man but can Sakurai at LEAST let us know which characters he chose for the DLC because at least they told use about Mewtwo's inclusion months before he was available to download.

Top Bottom