• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
NEW UPDATE THANK YOU WAYFORWARD SENPAI

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/1368817

View attachment 76798 View attachment 76799

AAAAAAH I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO PICK

-NEW BACKER BUILD WITH UPDATED CONTROLS AND LEVELS

-SHANTAE IN HER JAMMIES CONTINUE TO BE ADORABLE

-I NEED NEW PANTS BECAUSE OF ALL THIS HYPE

-THE CITIZENS OF SCUTTLE TOWN ARE ALL DEAD YIKES HOLY FREAKINGView attachment 76801
Sorry for the double post, but.....WTF happened to Scuttle Town?!?!

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Probably an attack by Risky Boots or someone else.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Since Shantae in her jam jams is our big "oh my gosh Shantae's so freaking cute" topic of the day, here's some art from Telr
image.jpg

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
(From Captain Anaugi)
image.jpg
I have no idea why this is funny to me

"yeah i'm eating a burger"

"u got a problem with that m8"

"1v1 me final destination only"

"i'll give you a whopper if you catch my drift"

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I love how everyone's calling out Wayforward for asking fans to get Shantae in Smash, claiming they're desperate, but you have to remember:

The only reason Snake and Sonic got into Smash was because Hideo Kojima and Yuji Naka literally walked up to Sakurai and asked if they can get those characters in Smash.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I love how everyone's calling out Wayforward for asking fans to get Shantae in Smash, claiming they're desperate, but you have to remember:

The only reason Snake and Sonic got into Smash was because Hideo Kojima and Yuji Naka literally walked up to Sakurai and asked if they can get those characters in Smash.
People just forgot these days. That is why Shantae has even MORE of a chance since both fans AND WayForward want Shantae in Smash.

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice

I'm not so sure about that, how Yuji Naka was said to have asked for Sonic's inclusion. Wasn't that always only a rumor, or was it confirmed true? (Because one thing is that Yuji hasn't been a part of Sega for a long time now)

Whatever the case, it doesn't really matter; the bottom line is that it's nothing more than an Ad Hominem argument.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I'm not so sure about that, how Yuji Naka was said to have asked for Sonic's inclusion. Wasn't that always only a rumor, or was it confirmed true? (Because one thing is that Yuji hasn't been a part of Sega for a long time now)

Whatever the case, it doesn't really matter; the bottom line is that it's nothing more than an Ad Hominem argument.
It's confirmed that Snake and Sonic were requested by their creators near the end of Melee's development.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I thought Sonic was added as a last minute decision, or am I basing that when Sonic pops up at the battle with Tabuu.
He was asked but SEGA didn't want him in at first. But later they changed their minds(hence the delay). That is way Sonic's moves were a bit clone-ish.

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
No, it's not just you. According to what we know, Sonic was chosen and added last-minute.
Wasn't it because SEGA was initially hesitant about sonic in smash but later changed their minds?

EDIT: Right after I posted my comment, GoldLiger already said the exact same thing before me :p. Boy, this is embarrassing.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I wonder how Rotty will be written when she's pretending to be a Pit Crew member in HGH.

...Just speaking my mind (and getting off topic)

If only we reached the Voice Acting stretch goal...

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Speaking of voice actors for Shantae, am I the only one who reads Rottytop's lines in a voice similar to Harley Quinn's?

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
I wonder how Rotty will be written when she's pretending to be a Pit Crew member in HGH.

...Just speaking my mind (and getting off topic)

If only we reached the Voice Acting stretch goal...
I most likely see her in a situation where she finds someone suspicious but get interrupted her pit team to do her "work". Then she starts fumbling around like an idiot "fixing the carpets" but soon starts to enjoy it.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I most likely see her in a situation where she finds someone suspicious but get interrupted her pit team to do her "work". Then she starts fumbling around like an idiot "fixing the carpets" but soon starts to enjoy it.
For someone who's disguising, I see A working out best for her, with 1 as her clothing choice.

It fits best.

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Speaking of voice actors for Shantae, am I the only one who reads Rottytop's lines in a voice similar to Harley Quinn's?
Oh dear God no..... please no...... can't stand Harley Quinn at all.... no offense intended to anyone who does.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I'm now trying Monster World IV (considered a spiritual predecessor of Shantae).

Not far enough to truly see the similarities yet.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Oh dear God no..... please no...... can't stand Harley Quinn at all.... no offense intended to anyone who does.
Harley's voice in The Animated Series is the most tolerable.

Tara Strong has been doing... Okay, but needs to tone the high pitch down a bit and not scream her lines.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Harley's voice in The Animated Series is the most tolerable.

Tara Strong has been doing... Okay, but needs to tone the high pitch down a bit and not scream her lines.
Oh, yeah I've only heard Tara Strong's Quinn. I might listen to the other later.

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
For someone who's disguising, I see A working out best for her, with 1 as her clothing choice.

It fits best.
But then again, it's not everyday you see a zombie roaming about in broad daylight so I kinda doubt anybody knows her besides the main cast (let alone her affiliation with them). If anything, the hat and glasses would make you even more obvious you're spying on someone. That's why I say 4-C is my choice.

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
It's somewhat similar, but like I said, the actress isn't screaming her lines.
Well that was a humorous scene. Meh, still don't like the idea of Rotty sounding that way. But that's just me lol. Rotty should sound a little mischievous yes. But thanks to Pirate's Curse, I've grown to like her. She's got a heart. Even if she is a zombie.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
But then again, it's not everyday you see a zombie roaming about in broad daylight so I kinda doubt anybody knows her besides the main cast (let alone her affiliation with them). If anything the hat and glasses would make you more obvious you're spying on someone. That's why I say 4-C is my choice.
A zombie suddenly showing up in a pit crew would seem very suspicious, given the checkered reputation they have in the Shantae universe. I think an outfit that would hide her the best would help.

Last edited:

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
A zombie suddenly showing up in a pit crew would seem very suspicious, given the checkered reputation they have in the Shantae universe. I think an outfit that would hide her the best would help.
Pretty sure it was just Rotty and her brothers were known to be pretty bad when they were together. Denizens of Sequin Land seem like they trade with the Zombie Caravan. Still, I can see the point of Rotty wearing a hat and shades to keep hidden, but to blend in better(and who's to say that there isn't gonna be other zombies at the pit crew) she should look the part. 4-D my vote.

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413
Well, I'm now attempting a Cackle Tower stage for Smash. Wish me luck! Gonna try to recreate the area where the machine that blows you up with wind is.

Real quick, what background would you guys recommend? Nevermind, using the first background.

Last edited:

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice

First Andre from Gamexplain, and now this guy. I wish they would look into her history rather than judging by her appearance. He literally called her outfit a bikini >_<

I already left a comment on the flaws he made about her. I doubt he'll say anything about it, but still.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

smashkirby

Smash Hero
First of all, I can't decide between C/D for 2, 3, and 4.
Second of all, on the topic of what Rottytops would sound like, what do you all think Sky, Bolo, Uncle Mimic, Risky, her Tinkerbats, and Rotty's brothers, Abner Cadaver and Poe wold sound like, had Half-Genie Hero gotten voice acting?

Midnight Twinkle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MidnightTwinkle
3DS FC
1461-6246-6413

First Andre from Gamexplain, and now this guy. I wish they would look into her history rather than judging by her appearance. He literally called her outfit a bikini >_<

I already left a comment on the flaws he made about her. I doubt he'll say anything about it, but still.
Gave your comment a like. Ya did Shantae justice my friend. He had so many of his facts wrong it made me sick...

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
But what's there to hide? She's green lol! She already sticks out like a sore thumb so might as well look natural. Unless spray painting her to look more human would help (though that would be a good excuse to play as a "human" Rotty)

Top Bottom