• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@ TheRickyWill TheRickyWill , don't worry. Shantae wouldn't even have half (:4pacman:) the heart to spam Diddy Kong's signature secret move! It's just an artistic rendition of the black collar Shantae has - not even a resemblance to ZeRo's.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I think Shantae really would have a better chance if the games were released in Japan. I think she would be quite popular, and be one of the rare moments where a western-developed series would be popular in Japan, similar to Crash Bandicoot back in the PS1 days.

You cannot sit there with a straight face and tell me Japanese audiences wouldn't like something that cute

This is the country that gave us Pikachu, after all

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I think Shantae really would have a better chance if the games were released in Japan. I think she would be quite popular, and be one of the rare moments where a western-developed series would be popular in Japan, similar to Crash Bandicoot back in the PS1 days.

You cannot sit there with a straight face and tell me Japanese audiences wouldn't like something that cute

This is the country that gave us Pikachu, after all
True lol. Shantae's chances have definitely increase compared to a few months ago. I can't wait for more info about these events. We only have 49 days 8 hours and 29 minutes till October 3rd.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Last edited:

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Trust me when I say this, but that leaked stuff this anonymous person posted about is fake. Let's be honest here; why would Chris Pranger just immediately act like a jerk after he was fired and leak Smash related information? He said he felt bad for what he said on the podcast, after all.
Fake we dont know until the Ballot ends. Still crossing my fingers for Inkling Daisy Lloyd and Rayman.
Might be possible for Geno sense Square Enix helping out Nintendo next console.
Man I wish SE will also Launch Kingdom Hearst 3 and maybe Final Fantasy 7 Remake on NX possibly.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
What do you have in mind?
I use instagram. I have a somewhat decent following, and know a pretty nice community of artists.

I want to make a Shantae-themed collaboration piece, consisting of artists tagging eachother to draw their favorite character or scenario from the franchise, and putting all of them in one hashtag, with me later piecing them together and sending them to Wayforward.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
I use instagram. I have a somewhat decent following, and know a pretty nice community of artists.

I want to make a Shantae-themed collaboration piece, consisting of artists tagging eachother to draw their favorite character or scenario from the franchise, and putting all of them in one hashtag, with me later piecing them together and sending them to Wayforward.
Huh, that's a very neat idea. Hope it goes well

B.H. and DD

Smash Apprentice
Would be nice to get a leak that's a little more... realistic. That one is fake right from the get go.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope Half Genie Hero is a success to even if Sahntae misses the Smash train there's a chance for he to be in PlayStation All Stars 2. God forbid they use any actual Playstation All Stars like Crash or Lara Crof.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I hope Half Genie Hero is a success to even if Sahntae misses the Smash train there's a chance for he to be in PlayStation All Stars 2. God forbid they use any actual Playstation All Stars like Crash or Lara Crof.
I was thinking Nintendo would hook Wayforward up with 13AM games to put Shantae in Runbow

But no

"Hey Tim, do you know who we should get 13AM games to put in Runbow?"

"Who, Reggie?"

"The waifu trash mascot of a game development engine, and a character from a game that isn't coming to Wii U until next year!"

"Umm... Shouldn't we put in someone from Wayforward, like Shantae? They've been with us for quite a long time... And maybe that "Quote" guy from Cave Story. Those games are popular on Nintendo platforms.

"...

You're fired, Tim."

Last edited:

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
I was thinking Nintendo would hook Wayforward up with 13AM games to put Shantae in Runbow

But no

"Hey Tim, do you know who we should get 13AM games to put in Runbow?"

"Who, Reggie?"

"The waifu trash mascot of a game development engine, and a character from a game that isn't coming to Wii U until next year!"

"Umm... Shouldn't we put in someone from Wayforward, like Shantae? They've been with us for quite a long time... And maybe that "Quote" guy from Cave Story. Those games are popular on Nintendo platforms.

"...

You're fired, Tim."
It's not like Nintendo doesn't notice her. Right now as I type this Shantae is plastered on the eshop front page under "Best Seller", she's been on the Best Seller panel on both 3DS and Wii U eshop multiple, multiple times.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I'm just sick of Wayforward constantly getting the short end of the stick. Especially for a company that puts 150% into their work (most of the time liscensed titles) even with painfully small budgets, but is still good to their fans and the gaming community in general.

Meanwhile, you have Scott Cawthon making tons of money and a movie deal with Warner Bros. off games with programming so basic that almost everyone else has copied it with more effort put in, and Mighty No. 9 still looks pretty awful for 4 Million dollars.

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I'm just sick of Wayforward constantly getting the short end of the stick. Especially for a company that puts 150% into their work (most of the time liscensed titles) even with painfully small budgets, but is still good to their fans and the gaming community in general.

Meanwhile, you have Scott Cawthon making tons of money and a movie deal with Warner Bros. off games with programming so basic that almost everyone else has copied it with more effort put in, and Mighty No. 9 still looks pretty awful for 4 Million dollars.
The sad part is, I could see people voting for Mighty Number 2 9 despite knowing all this. I have a few... ahem, 'friends' who think the game is perfectly fine.
I can see it now, Sakurai's gonna put him in just to leave us all in despair, and later make Shantae into a mii costume.
PLEASE LET ME BE ****IN' WRONG ON THIS, MAN.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
The sad part is, I could see people voting for Mighty Number 2 9 despite knowing all this. I have a few... ahem, 'friends' who think the game is perfectly fine.
I can see it now, Sakurai's gonna put him in just to leave us all in despair, and later make Shantae into a mii costume.
>Mighty No. 9 2

you mean Red Ash.

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, out of everything else, this is probably something we don't need to worry about whatsoever. Nintendo designed Miis as little doll avatars for players, many of which are kids. I'd find it very hard to believe they'd have no qualms about player Miis wearing Shantae's clothing, with family-friendliness being one of their priorities.

Unless I'm mistaken and players can dress them similarly in, say, Tomodachi Life... but I wouldn't know about that.

Last edited:

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
To be honest, out of everything else, this is probably something we don't need to worry about whatsoever. Nintendo designed Miis as little doll avatars for players, many of which are kids. I'd find it very hard to believe they'd have no qualms about player Miis wearing Shantae's clothing, with family-friendliness being one of their priorities.

Unless I'm mistaken and players can dress them similarly in, say, Tomodachi Life... but I wouldn't know about that.
Yeah, you can. The outfits get as skimpy as your average two-piece bikini. I actually have a Shantae Mii on my island.

I may or may not have dressed her as a bee.

Last edited:

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you can. The outfits get as skimpy as your average two-piece bikini. I actually have a Shantae Mii on my island.

I may or may not have dressed her as a bee.
Oh. Well... I stand corrected. Still kind of confusing to me that Nintendo's fine with it, though. Alongside the fact that Miis are basically little more than moving dolls with not-quite-human anatomy.

Still, maybe we can hope that WayForward would refuse Nintendo permission to use their IP rights if they were told that a Mii costume was all they were getting. Save us all some embarrassment.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Let's just believe in Beck (I do know that's No. 9's name, so just call him that) getting a potential Runbow spot.

Seriously though, not many people have voted for Beck already, since we have :4megaman: filling a similar pair of shoes. Shantae's only good competition in terms of a Metroidvania rep is basically a lot of Castlevania heroes, so she's not in so much dance through the danger.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
Let's just believe in Beck (I do know that's No. 9's name, so just call him that) getting a potential Runbow spot.

Seriously though, not many people have voted for Beck already, since we have :4megaman: filling a similar pair of shoes. Shantae's only good competition in terms of a Metroidvania rep is basically a lot of Castlevania heroes, so she's not in so much dance through the danger.
I would be behind a castlevania rep or bringing Snake back, but after hearing about everything Konami's been up to...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I would be behind a castlevania rep or bringing Snake back, but after hearing about everything Konami's been up to...
I have no qualms with the Metal Gear series, but with the stuff I mentioned earlier about Kojima leaving Konami, and no longer being able to vouch for Snake since he's the biggest reason Snake got in Brawl in the first place, I think if Konami were to be represented in Smash again, it should be Simon Belmont as a newcomer

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's a rumor that Namco is in line to buy the MGS series after The Phantom Pain makes back it's costs so we may see Snake return but that's not guaranteed.

TheRickyWill

Smash Champion
I have no qualms with the Metal Gear series, but with the stuff I mentioned earlier about Kojima leaving Konami, and no longer being able to vouch for Snake since he's the biggest reason Snake got in Brawl in the first place, I think if Konami were to be represented in Smash again, it should be Simon Belmont as a newcomer
Ehhh...

I really wish Mega Man and Castlevania had something to represent them besides VC games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom