• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So I beat Pirate's Curse.

Absolutely amazing game, well worth the 16 quid I paid for it. I don't think I've laughed that much at a video game in years. Highlights for me include the Squid Baron's quest to find the perfect holiday destination, Barracuda Joe's introduction, everything about Bran-Son and Bolo being Bolo.

The Pirate Master is an amazing boss, though incessant spamming of Super Pike Balls and Super Monster Milk, not to mention stockpiling about a billion potions, evened things out somewhat. I love the effortless "I don't give a ****" vibe he's got goin' on, and the return of the Ammo Baron's cannon was a nice touch.

BlitzUnleashed

Smash Apprentice
So I beat Pirate's Curse.

Absolutely amazing game, well worth the 16 quid I paid for it. I don't think I've laughed that much at a video game in years. Highlights for me include the Squid Baron's quest to find the perfect holiday destination, Barracuda Joe's introduction, everything about Bran-Son and Bolo being Bolo.

The Pirate Master is an amazing boss, though incessant spamming of Super Pike Balls and Super Monster Milk, not to mention stockpiling about a billion potions, evened things out somewhat. I love the effortless "I don't give a ****" vibe he's got goin' on, and the return of the Ammo Baron's cannon was a nice touch.
That Bran-Son moment was hilarious! That good ol' He-Man parody! "I HAVE THE ADVANTAGE!!!" xD

Pirate's Curse was super fun! All I need to do now is play the first Shantae, since I already completed Risky's Revenge. Then I'll be set to play Half-Genie Hero when it's out.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Lolz

But yeah... Like a phone operator employee is going to know about that sort of stuff in actuality.. and for that matter, even if she did, she would probably lose her job if she said anything.
I support Rayman and all but that was literally a basic answer.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I support Rayman and all but that was literally a basic answer.
Well that's pretty much what I ment. She probably would have said the same thing if someone asked about Shantae. There is no way they would reveal that sort of stuff over the phone to a random stranger XD

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
If Shantae doesn't make it to Smash maybe she can be in my fighting game...
If you're trying to get profit off of it, you're definitely gonna have to work with WayForward on that one.
Otherwise, just please don't base her off of the MUGEN moveset. It's so wrong it hurts.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
If you're trying to get profit off of it, you're definitely gonna have to work with WayForward on that one.
Of course, I'd definitely talk to them about it.

My fighting game is not 2D though so don't worry about her being a MUGEN clone character or anything. All the characters are being made from scratch.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Otherwise, just please don't base her off of the MUGEN moveset. It's so wrong it hurts.
Heeey, I'm kinda fine with her MUGEN moveset. May need a bit more sprite work done, but still. Game Boy Color hyper FO LYFE!:4darkpit:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Heeey, I'm kinda fine with her MUGEN moveset. May need a bit more sprite work done, but still. Game Boy Color hyper FO LYFE!:4darkpit:
It's... alright. But I really hate how the maker used the belly dance animation and the level complete animation as attacks. There's also more he could have used with the Risky's Revenge sprite, I feel.

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
Ya know what would be fun? If when you press the taunt button it locks you into dance mode like in GBC. Each button except for shield and jump could have a different dance move. Jump or shield cancels dance mode after a certain amount of time.

Last edited:

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
Ya know what would be fun? If when you press the taunt button it locks you into dance mode like in GBC. Each button except for shield and jump could have a different dance move. Jump or shield cancels dance mode after a certain amount of time.
Could be pretty fun if for no other reason than to say: "Not only am I taunting you extensively, but I am lookin' stylish as heck while doing it. ;D"

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
How have y'all been, my Shantae supporting brethren? I've been doing some heavy lifting as of late, as you can tell. That way no one can oppose our Shantae rule.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
How have y'all been, my Shantae supporting brethren? I've been doing some heavy lifting as of late, as you can tell. That way no one can oppose our Shantae rule.
I'm doing perfectly A-Ok about keep on voting for our precious Shantae into the futuristic World of SMASH BROS FRANCHISE as a New DLC playable character in T-I-M-E for All day Every day! P.S: ShantaeForSmash
Shantae.png
geno.gif
dgBbgmD Izuna's Big icon.png

Top Bottom