• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
Don't Like it That her games go to Steam if it was first Nintendo Exsulsive, it looks how Ubisoft Did with Legends. but hope it don't change. she is a Indie Game Series and Steam is Made for that.
Anyway: ANYONE LOVES THIS SONG!!?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Don't Like it That her games go to Steam if it was first Nintendo Exsulsive, it looks how Ubisoft Did with Legends. but hope it don't change. she is a Indie Game Series and Steam is Made for that.
Anyway: ANYONE LOVES THIS SONG!!?
The difference is that Wayforward never made deals with Nintendo. Ubisoft did.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Risky's Revenge was first advertised as a DSiWare exclusive (I think) but yet it got a iOS & PC release (and 3DS & Wii U releases coming our way).

I honesty don't mind the multiplatform, especially if Half-Genie Hero doing so as well, At least the 1st 3 games were first on Nintendo platforms (and the original Shantae is still exclusive to Game Boy Color & Nintendo 3DS).

As for the Steam release of Pirate's Curse, I'll pass on buying it due to already owning both 3DS & Wii U versions.

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
So I've been thinking of a Shantae moveset if Nintendo worked in her transformations in a minor way.

Basic Moves
A: Basic jab, hits once like Pikachu's jab, only more range with her hair.
Side-Tilt: Shantae lightly kicks the opponent, can be angled.
Up-Tilt: Shantae whips her hair much like Greninja's or Luigi's up-tilt, in the sense that it pops them up into the air.
Down-Tilt: Shantae whips her hair, sending the opponent in a more sideways direction.
Dash Attack: Shantae slides much like Mario into the opponent. Good for avoiding projectiles and getting potential combos.
N-Air: Shantae does a spin-kick that covers her left and right.
Forward-Air: Shantae hair whips much like her jab. A specific, but pretty damaging hitbox like Mewtwo's.
Back-Air: Shantae unleashes a kick towards her back. A great kill option.
Up-Air:: Shantae whips her hair upward in an arc, a bit like Diddy Kong's Up-Air, only there shall be no hoo-hahs here.
Down-Air: Shantae does a stylish flip before kicking downwards. Hard. Your usual meteor option.
Side-Smash: Shantae whips her hair extremely hard in a forward arc.
Up-Smash: Shantae does a double-kick, can kill
Down-Smash: Shantae pretty much breakdances like Mario, Luigi, etc, only with alternating hands because she's cool like that.
Grab: Shantae whips her hair towards her opponent like she's going to attack, but instead drags them in. Only a bit slower than her jab, but a whiffed grab can be punished.
Pummel: Shantae knees the grabbed foe rapidly.
Side-Throw: Shantae holds the foe, then lets go and unleashes a kick.
Down-Throw: Shantae slams into the opponent.
Up-Throw: Shantae throws the opponent up, then whips upward with her hair.
Back-Throw: Shantae tosses the foe behind her and then whips him/her with her hair.
Special Moves
B: Shantae unleashes her fire move. Can be charged into her different fire-based moves.
Custom B 1: Shantae summons her thunder cloud, which later zaps. Can be charged for more power and range.
Custom-B 2: Shantae summons a pike that surrounds her for a brief time, can be charged for two pikes. Good for stopping approaches or getting a combo in.
Side-B: Shantae briefly transforms into a monkey and charges straight forward, can now wall-cling if she hits a wall, and can either change back or charge again.
Custom Side-B 1: Shantae dashes forward with her blade. More damage than the monkey, and in air she will go in a downward angle. Will not wall cling.
Custom Side-B 2: ???
Up-B: Shantae transforms into a harpy and flies. Can do a simple attack during her transformation, but if she gets hit during her flight, her number of flaps will be reduced if she's still in the air.
Custom Up-B 1: Shantae shoots upward and glides down in a huge pirate hat. Will do damage during the rising like G&W's parachute.
Custom Up-B 2: ???
Down-B: Shantae transforms into an elephant. In air she will go down at an alarming rate like the Bowser Bomb. On ground she will charge forward.
Custom Down-B 1: ???
Custom Down-B 2: ???

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
#ShantaeForSmash

Last edited:

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
#ShantaeForSmash
Yes.
Yes to all of that.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Yes.
Yes to all of that.
But, wait! There's always be more:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
#SHANTAEFORSMASH, NOW NINTENDO CEO:
safe_image (4) Masahiro Sakurai-San.png

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Makes me wonder that the reason he's doing all of this, is because this will be his last hurrah for the series. Like him being apart of it, not it discontinuing.
I find this funny too since he stated in his official twitter fighters take a lot of time to make, so don't expect many of them...

I guess he is u-turning on his statements again? lol

Damenshi

Smash Apprentice
#SHANTAEFORSMASH, NOW NINTENDO CEO:View attachment 48682
The support... it's so beautiful! :')

I find this funny too since he stated in his official twitter fighters take a lot of time to make, so don't expect many of them...

I guess he is u-turning on his statements again? lol
Does he do that a lot?
Call me ignorant...

Last edited by a moderator:

SL the Pyro

Smash Apprentice
jesus Sakurai stop my hype train can't go any faster

I do appreciate that he gave an official statement, but I like many others do have concern for his health. Though I suppose it's possible that now that he's not rushed, it's easier for him to work.

Last edited:

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
#SHANTAEFORSMASH, NOW NINTENDO CEO:View attachment 48682
Keep Going Guys!!! Keep it Up!!!

HOLEY S**T!!!!!!! I Really Want to have a Lot of DLC, *cough* Shantae *cough* but Really!! Sakurai is Trying to Kill Himself!!

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Keep Going Guys!!! Keep it Up!!!

HOLEY S**T!!!!!!! I Really Want to have a Lot of DLC, *cough* Shantae *cough* but Really!! Sakurai is Trying to Kill Himself!!
#ShantaeForSmash

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Edit: Ok I get it now.. lol

Hm.. I'm still wondering what all we could see from here to the ballot. I mean its a long way to October after all

Last edited:

Potatoharbinger

Smash Rookie
Sakurai is caught in a most unfavorable situation for himself. Don't get me wrong, the more dlc the better, but this all stems from his work with Kirby. Sakurai gave up Kirby because he didn't want to keep making sequels for the same game. He wanted to make new games, but had to give up his creation to do so. Now, he's been making 2 smash games past what he wanted, but refuses to quit because he doesn't want to have to give up another of his creations. He either gets to make new games, or still have a say about his old ones. Pretty sad stuff :(

To offset the sadness, the Shantae hype is getting stronger and Sakurai talking about tons of dlc boosts chances exponentially. Keep the hype train rolling folks! Shantae will be on there soon!

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Assuming Sakurai ain't gonna do yet another u-turn, I'm willing to bet that they'll be picking from the top 5, 10, 20, or even 50 once the ones they can't work in are weeded out (Fazbear, Shrek, etc.)

Either way, I feel Shantae's chances are only getting better. The hype train never ends, and the Shantae car will keep on rocking.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Assuming Sakurai ain't gonna do yet another u-turn, I'm willing to bet that they'll be picking from the top 5, 10, 20, or even 50 once the ones they can't work in are weeded out (Fazbear, Shrek, etc.)

Either way, I feel Shantae's chances are only getting better. The hype train never ends, and the Shantae car will keep on rocking.
I kinda doubt we would get another U-Turn. We already had the first one from the switch to that from the twitter post... otherwise it would be.. u-turnception? lol

but yep. Shantae's chances are dancing up the boards

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632

Boat! She Don't Have a Car

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
That's just on-screen. Shantae's likely pimp enough to get a topless car and a few *****es offscreen if she wanted to. :p

But I was referring to a train car, in all honesty...
Oh... a Big One?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So I just downloaded Mario Kart DS (not 7) from the e-Shop. It is and always will be my favorite in the series for a number of reasons, particularly the Emblem Editor feature, which lets you draw your own logo/symbol that actually adorns your Kart.

Most of you probably wonder where I'm going with this. First thing posted on Miiverse/1,000 hours on basically Microsoft Paint later:

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
So I just downloaded Mario Kart DS (not 7) from the e-Shop. It is and always will be my favorite in the series for a number of reasons, particularly the Emblem Editor feature, which lets you draw your own logo/symbol that actually adorns your Kart.

Most of you probably wonder where I'm going with this. First thing posted on Miiverse/1,000 hours on basically Microsoft Paint later:

I Still Got My Old DS Copy of the Game. wonder if you still play Multiplayer. By the Way Awesome!!!!

No. Bad Shantae. You're getting hair all over my damn toast!
Awwwwww.... She So Cute!!! :D

Top Bottom