• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Crew To Ever Live: FAST 1 South Regional Crew!!!

Frames

DI
Ok, listen up! RockCrock is making a thread for melee crew discussion ONLY, you can still talk about both here, and any good points you make I can relay, but if you have something specific to say about melee only, you should do it in there.

Renth

Smash Hero
Lol idc who they put in the crews this time I wanna be in it. Hopefully captain puts me in it. ima try not to choke

cactuar - lol you own me as in w/e I say doesnt matter until I somehow beat you back.
lol yea I heard stories on how bad you played in some tourney losing to everyone in pools.

Rock has spoken. he basically owns this thread. i would to put emilio and ESAM over kyle and renth no disrespect to both players they both good as hell. my boy nite should be in it too he is the reason we beat midwest. emilio too cant put em as maybe both should def be in it.
*cough*

i barely play smash anymore, i'm actually a lot better now (makes no sense to me) but eh.. i need to pay FL a visit.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
tell me how you turn items on with snake and we'll talk.

oh and let GDX on... no one from other regions know how to deal with diddy
I know I haven't been to a **** tourney in a while, but...

For those who know , I play a mean Luigi in Brawl. PLease, Id love to know if anyone outside of FL would know how to deal with a good Luigi player.

Atleast for Alts.....xD xD xD

yea im askin if i can be apart of the Brawl Crew...

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I never hear of any GA tournaments or many players at all. I know of FullMetal and Desu mostly, and FullMetal doesn't really like Brawl.

Look into the Mid-South, IMO.
Its true, I mostly dislike brawl- but I want the south to do really well in all events, and I think I'm one of the better brawl players in the south.
So I'm at least going to try out for the brawl crew.

I'd also like to try out for the South melee crew- but as it stands I doubt any newer players who may be skilled will be given the chance to try out, or let alone make the crew :(

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Reflex is a beast, his Wario will definitely surprise anything it goes against.
Yay is a monster with MetaKnight and Snake, definitely consider him for the brawl crew.

--

I play King Dedede and Metaknight. I doubt my Snake will be ready for a crew battle in time for FAST1.
I'll include my tournament tally to brag for reference.

Momocon Singles - First place: $390
Momocon Doubles - First place: $90
Final Round Singles - Fourth Place: My Desu! hat. (Experience in D3 dittos.)
Tipped Off 2.5 - First Place: $84
WABA MMs (Including Teams MMS): $10
GPC Brawl Doubles - First Place: $50
Smash or Die 6 Doubles - First Place: $30
Smash or Die 6 Singles - Third Place: $25 (Experience against Snake and Pit.)
N2 Weeklies - May 3rd 08 Singles - 1st: $64
N2 Weeklies - May 3rd 08 Doubles - 1st: $40
Brawl for a Cause - Doubles - 3rd: $14 (Man, my SOCKS didn't match, shawdy.)
Brawl for a Cause - Singles - 4th: Half of Tom's sandwich. (Decided to pick up MK.)
WABA - May 17 - Doubles - 1st: $42
WABA - May 17 - Singles - Split: $86
WABA - June 22 - Doubles - 1st: $77
WABA - June 22 - Singles- 1st: $99

Running Total:
$1,101
Half a sandwich.
Desu! hat.
Plenty of matchup experience.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
If it were all FL, i'd pick...

Afro (shocker?)
xYz
Chopz
C-DOC (Danny)
Rx-
Seibrik
Bmoney
Galeon
IceKid
Chaz

Alternates:
Hungrybox
Skratch (SOO good, but he never enters tournies)
Linguini
Tommy_G
GDX/HRnut/OTRU/LOTO

History:
Afro - Hands down, best brawl smasher in FL At the moment.
xYz - Is Riot's Brazillian Beauty...
Chopz - 2nd best snake in FL, has won a major tourney, and places consistently
C-Doc-Best Pit in FL, has won a GIGS tourney, and places well all the time.
Rx- has won 2 major tournaments... and places well... best MK in FL at the moment.
Seibrik - Best D3 and kirby in FL, has never won a major tournament but did place 2nd twice I think and usually places high.
Gmoney- or better known as Bmoney, can press and use the B button better than anyone I know... that alone reserves him a spot in crews. :laugh:
Galeon - Best Lucas in FL, knows everything lucas is capable of doing, and how to use him well. Has won 1 major tourney, and placed 2nd under Rx in another tourney, also places consistently.
IceKid- Early Tourney Raper, use to be known as the best smasher in FL, still puts up a good fight, winning Breakdown III about a month ago, also places decently.
Chaz- Best Marth in FL, never won a major tourney, but always seems to place top 10.

IF anyone feels someone should get switched out for somebody... please speak up... but also give valid points as to why they should get replaced.

If it were a Region... (along with TX) i'd pick.

Afro
xYz
Chopz
C-Doc
Hylian
Roy_R
Reflex
Desu
Rx-/Bmoney/Everlasting Yayyuhz (which ever is the best MK)
DookDiggity/Sethlon

This list could really use some tweaking, due to the fact that I dont know how FL compares to these ppl. PPl from each state should speak up on this one. but ok... history time.

Hylian- one of the best G&W in the country, 2nd to me of course... :laugh: lol j/k buddy.
Won many TX tournies
Roy_R Best marth in TX, and has been quoted best smasher in FL by Hylian.
Reflex- Best smasher in his region, proof on that one thread... yea.
Desu-dont know about this one, but everyone has told me he ***** tournies.... and hes the best I guess in his state?
we need a metaknight(s) those are teh best I believe.
Dook-Best in his state
Sethlon-best falco in his state.... places consistenly.

Again, that region list...ya, it needs some tweaking.

"I fight for my friends..."
Wow i'm so low on that list...i thought that i should be higher up along with GDX at least one of the sure alternates...i don't think me otru gdx and loto should be on the same line scratch doesn't attend enough tournies so him being above us is kinda crazy...i don't mind if chaz is above me...it seems like as of recent times doesn't matter, Hbox is obviously a better D3 than siebrik...i'm not gonna point out any names but some of those people haven't been performing as well as they used to...

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i'm not gonna agrue for that spot with chaz, me & him are cool and i wanna keep it that way i just don't agree with siebrik being better than you hbox, i can't imagine that being possible, thank you marin, i almost broke your shield sunday but u suddenly stopped shielding lol

Marin.

Smash Journeyman
i'm not gonna agrue for that spot with chaz, me & him are cool and i wanna keep it that way i just don't agree with siebrik being better than you hbox, i can't imagine that being possible, thank you marin, i almost broke your shield sunday but u suddenly stopped shielding lol
lol true story!
i saw it happening and i almost died!!!
Luckily i was able to save my Peach just in time
but not really cuz i got owned by ur counter anyway
:p

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Wow i'm so low on that list...i thought that i should be higher up along with GDX at least one of the sure alternates...i don't think me otru gdx and loto should be on the same line scratch doesn't attend enough tournies so him being above us is kinda crazy...i don't mind if chaz is above me...it seems like as of recent times doesn't matter, Hbox is obviously a better D3 than siebrik...i'm not gonna point out any names but some of those people haven't been performing as well as they used to...
Nick, here's the thing...

Yes, you guys have been doing good recently, but the only tournaments worth counting, are gigs/brawl-bash/breakdowns/PnT tournies, all these smaller tournaments that we've been doing good on really doesn't matter in regional crews. the main reason would be, in the smaller tournies there are more local noobs and average players than anything. ya, you're my boy, but I can't be biased and pick you over chaz. You've gotten high spots in smaller tournaments (2nd at dops tourney/ 4th @ house brawl.) Chaz has always been top 8 i believe in every big tournament.. (bash/gigs/pnt) with the exception of last gigs lol. he did bad. But I believe you got top10 at last gigs, and thats a start... but you gotta keep that consistency.

You're right though, you should be above skratch, as he doesn't enters tournies, but if he did, he would totally ****. The guy goes pretty even with me, and some other good players in this game. he just doesn't care for brawl singles. So i'll put you there. Go to breakdown this weekend, place high or win the tournament. prove to Atlantic south you should be a starter. Same goes for GDX...

I know this because i've been doing this for 3 years now, and have been keeping track of every big tournament that goes down in FL.

quick overview on seibrik vs hungrybox

Hungry box has beaten:
Seibrik
G-money
xYz
HRnut
DGuy
all in tourney sets

Seibrik has beaten.
Chops
Rx
Afro
Galeon
TommyG
Equi
missing some more...

These are guys that place well, and have been beaten by both overall great smashers, but seibrik places higher, and beats people who are higher ranked than the ppl hbox beat overall. It's all facts, gotta go by facts.

keep opinions coming, so far it looks like chaz might be taken out of starters due to people demand, and the fact that he hasn't been placing well recently.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Reflex is a beast, his Wario will definitely surprise anything it goes against.
Yay is a monster with MetaKnight and Snake, definitely consider him for the brawl crew.

--

I play King Dedede and Metaknight. I doubt my Snake will be ready for a crew battle in time for FAST1.
I'll include my tournament tally to brag for reference.

Momocon Singles - First place: $390
Momocon Doubles - First place: $90
Final Round Singles - Fourth Place: My Desu! hat. (Experience in D3 dittos.)
Tipped Off 2.5 - First Place: $84
WABA MMs (Including Teams MMS): $10
GPC Brawl Doubles - First Place: $50
Smash or Die 6 Doubles - First Place: $30
Smash or Die 6 Singles - Third Place: $25 (Experience against Snake and Pit.)
N2 Weeklies - May 3rd 08 Singles - 1st: $64
N2 Weeklies - May 3rd 08 Doubles - 1st: $40
Brawl for a Cause - Doubles - 3rd: $14 (Man, my SOCKS didn't match, shawdy.)
Brawl for a Cause - Singles - 4th: Half of Tom's sandwich. (Decided to pick up MK.)
WABA - May 17 - Doubles - 1st: $42
WABA - May 17 - Singles - Split: $86
WABA - June 22 - Doubles - 1st: $77
WABA - June 22 - Singles- 1st: $99

Running Total:
$1,101
Half a sandwich.
Desu! hat.
Plenty of matchup experience.
Desu, if we do FL + other states, you'd def be a starter, I don't know how GA compares to skill, but you're 1st place earnings seem small.... do ppl pay like $5 to enter?? or it it like 10 man tournies??

Reflex is another one thats def in...

and yes, brawl is a watered down melee, but the fact is that it is still played competitively, and other regions are going to want to crew battle for bragging rights.. How will we know what region is the best at this game? I know most dont care, but lets face it, we will continue to have tournaments for this game, most ppl are anxious to find out how states compare in this new(noob) game we call brawlllllll.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
you also gotta look at it like this, who has fought who before...i've never fought chops, siebrik, galeon cdoc or tommy G before but it doesn't mean that i can't beat them, same goes for hbox, who has he fought before? i've also haven't been to a single brawl bash or Pnt...because they are probably alot more convenient for FIU to attend than it is for me, i will attend as many tournies as i can before FAST to try and prove myself...

Frames

DI
Desu, if we do FL + other states, you'd def be a starter, I don't know how GA compares to skill, but you're 1st place earnings seem small.... do ppl pay like $5 to enter?? or it it like 10 man tournies??
Well, if you notice, a lot of his first place results are doubles, so since he gets half of the 1st place that explains some of it, doubles never pays out as much, even here. Plus we get a lot of attendance compared to the rest of the country, having 100+ brawl man tournies every month is not that commonplace as it is here in FL. Part of the reason I had brawl as part of fast was because i knew FL had a freakishly large brawl community and a lot of people would come.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you also gotta look at it like this, who has fought who before...i've never fought chops, siebrik, galeon cdoc or tommy G before but it doesn't mean that i can't beat them, same goes for hbox, who has he fought before? i've also haven't been to a single brawl bash or Pnt...because they are probably alot more convenient for FIU to attend than it is for me, i will attend as many tournies as i can before FAST to try and prove myself...
now that you're my teammate, you are going to every single tourney that i feel like going to, cause ill literally drive to anything. just ask anyone how many tourneys ive been to and dragged force to back in the day.

do well this weekend huh? nick, it looks like you and me have to take over last stand on saturday to get some more respect before fast. you better get home from the beach fast friday, cause im playing you and the rest of ********* hard, and in best of 3 tourney style sets. I played like hot garbage at the last will tourney, but not this saturday. We have business to attend to

i do thank you though, xYz, for even considering me being good enough for an all FL crew battle. of course nick would cause hes my boy, but im happy others think so too.

At this point, i believe hbox is the better penguin than seibrik. Maybe in time seibrik > hbox, but not yet.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i vote 8x for hbox

GDX you just gotta work on adapting i saw you fight hbox and you didn't adapt thats y you got beat by him so badly, i adapted while fighting him thats y our match took up 7 & a half minutes. we'll just work on things this friday as soon as i get back from the beach.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
here's the deal though, and I dont want to come out as a douche, but facts are that seibrik is def top10 in the state, while HBOX is not, he's around top11-top 20 somewhere around there. its just facts, i'm a panelist for FL, and I can tell you that much. HBOX just needs to be consistent.

Finch

Smash Lord
This topic is pretty ****ed up. Way too many FL people are being considered for the brawl crew. We know FL ***** at melee in the south, but we know nothing about how we compare in brawl and the crew should definitely not have more FL people than anyone else.

Also seibrik has been ****** in brawl and Hbox has been doing ok but not spectacular. Seibrik definitely deserves to be on it over hbox, sorry. You still have a guaranteed spot in the melee one so don't worry about it.

Frames

DI
This topic is pretty ****ed up. Way too many FL people are being considered for the brawl crew. We know FL ***** at melee in the south, but we know nothing about how we compare in brawl and the crew should definitely not have more FL people than anyone else.
Don't worry, nothings set in stone yet, the tournament is in FL so of course every FL players wants to be considered, we'll make sure to get the best from FL and other regions.

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
Me(Rend) and GoodApollo852(Purple) would like to be in the melee crew. We're pretty good players from the Central Florida region. Purple's Ganon is pretty freaking beastly. 0_0.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am up for being the South crew captain for brawl >_>.

Daysoo

Smash Ace

Reflex is another one thats def in...

and yes, brawl is a watered down melee, but the fact is that it is still played competitively, and other regions are going to want to crew battle for bragging rights.. How will we know what region is the best at this game? I know most dont care, but lets face it, we will continue to have tournaments for this game, most ppl are anxious to find out how states compare in this new(noob) game we call brawlllllll.
Georgia doesn't particularly care for barlw, so there aren't any huge tournaments here for it. :<
The biggest ones are the waba monthlies, and the pot splits are kinda wack there, so I'll typically split with someone I know and play a serious set for placement. (If I didn't split with Yay at the last waba, I would have won $154, and he would have won $44.)

I take what I can get though, and go to every GA barlw tournament I hear about. :x

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow, those winnings are so small >_<. I got around $700 from just one Texas tournament lol. I feel sorry for you :(.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
GDX is a must. The man places top 20 consistently, place top 3 in small tourneys consistently, and is able to alternate between G&W, Diddy, and Lucario and still **** face with all of them.

Also, If looking for a hella **** good Wario, consider Abe. Also, Raef has place consistently top 20 an has won a couple small tourneys, an amazing G&W player.

And, Im better than ever. Sure i havent been to a tourney in a while... (1 1/2 months) But...
To all who know I play a very. very, **** good Luigi. He is much better now due to new Cookie Cutter Combos and new cheap ways that lead to the Shoryuken. My first 3 tourneys in Brawl ever were Hardknocks (65th), Sarasota Darkside Comics (1st) than Seibriks BBASH II (65th...oh an I suicided there...yes its a john). After that, I have placed 4th in every small tourney. The 2nd Darkside comics tourney, Hbox house, and My house.

I am better now, much better. If I must I will stop by an prove at some1s house that Im pretty **** good. And, if you know anyone other than those who have played me that know how to face a good Brawl Luigi, than please play the lotto, cuz thats near impossible.

Im just sayin, it would hurt me not to rep the South especially FL. It aggravates me to that all these OOS fools sayin FL a joke, or not believing that Matt(Afro) will dominate anything in his way.
Consider me please, I haven't been to a tourney because of money.

Oh an GDX is a must ....a must.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
disappointed i didnt see you on sunday mike (polmex) :urg:

and wtf, why does georgia call it barlw

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GDX is a must. The man places top 20 consistently, place top 3 in small tourneys consistently, and is able to alternate between G&W, Diddy, and Lucario and still **** face with all of them.

Also, If looking for a hella **** good Wario, consider Abe. Also, Raef has place consistently top 20 an has won a couple small tourneys, an amazing G&W player.

And, Im better than ever. Sure i havent been to a tourney in a while... (1 1/2 months) But...
To all who know I play a very. very, **** good Luigi. He is much better now due to new Cookie Cutter Combos and new cheap ways that lead to the Shoryuken. My first 3 tourneys in Brawl ever were Hardknocks (65th), Sarasota Darkside Comics (1st) than Seibriks BBASH II (65th...oh an I suicided there...yes its a john). After that, I have placed 4th in every small tourney. The 2nd Darkside comics tourney, Hbox house, and My house.

I am better now, much better. If I must I will stop by an prove at some1s house that Im pretty **** good. And, if you know anyone other than those who have played me that know how to face a good Brawl Luigi, than please play the lotto, cuz thats near impossible.

Im just sayin, it would hurt me not to rep the South especially FL. It aggravates me to that all these OOS fools sayin FL a joke, or not believing that Matt(Afro) will dominate anything in his way.
Consider me please, I haven't been to a tourney because of money.

Oh an GDX is a must ....a must.
We don't need people who place top 20 consistantly. We need TOP PLAYERS. The ones that almost always win money no matter their bracket. The ones people think "****" when they have to play them.

So you take the top players from all the states. TOP PLAYERS. Not just good ones.

If we want to beat east coast, we need the best, not above average.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
We don't need people who place top 20 consistantly. We need TOP PLAYERS. The ones that almost always win money no matter their bracket. The ones people think "****" when they have to play them.

So you take the top players from all the states. TOP PLAYERS. Not just good ones.

yea man, i understand. At this point i'd be an alt at best, depending on the skill level of the other southern states that arent FL or texas

but i place top 10, not top 20 :(

kinda weird im getting these recommendations all of a sudden. oh well, at least i didnt have to ask/bribe them to do it :laugh:

Daysoo

Smash Ace
disappointed i didnt see you on sunday mike (polmex) :urg:

and wtf, why does georgia call it barlw
Actually, I think I'm the only one in Georgia that habitually calls it barlw. ;P

I think it's relatively safe to say that I'm the top barlw player in GA. (Which still clings to melee, so take that with a grain of salt.)
I've never failed to place below top 5 in any barlw tournament, singles or doubles, in state or out.
4th place is my current lowest placement to date, regardless of tournament size.
I'm hoping this won't change with FAST1, but if it's going to happen, I wouldn't mind it happening here.
Expecting to get to play a lot of good barlwrrz down hurr. <3

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834

I couldn't have said it better myself. If we do regional, along with TX... were going to need the best of the best.

were gonna be up against...

Cort
Jman
Omegablackmage
Canadian smashers
Chu
Chillen
DmbBrandon
Azen??

not sure... who all from that is really coming, but they all shown interest. i'm leaning more towards region crews.

starters for sure are

Afro, xyz, Danny, Desu, Reflex, Hylian

thats 6 spots... give out some ideas ppl, the ppl mentioned above have been winning tournaments on a consistent basis or been placing top 5.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Do you have any videos of hungrybox in Brawl? I've never seen him play. Also, remember that I broke your shield Mr. shield breaker!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wouldn't sethlon be in there too? that'd be 7. I honestly dont know of any other states with really good smashers. not like they dont exist, but you just never hear of them. you could easily fill the other 3 starter/5 alts with other really good texas/FL players

Top Bottom