• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Roy disconfirmed.
Made unlikely does not equal disconfirmed. Maybe he decides that Fire Emblem should have as many characters as Zelda, Mario, pokemon, kirby, and starfox after 12 games. Honestly the games on that list except for star fox are probably the only franchises in smash with more than 12 games to their franchises. And after the success of its last three installments, is a franchise on a rise unlike (unfortunately) many other Nintendo IPs.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What I never get is why typing graveyard into the search never gives this thread.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
It's very strange to look at the graveyard and see a very green grass and suddenly seeing a yellow green grass merging, what is next? a wasteland?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I miss character deconfirmations. :(
11 days til E3. It'll be a massacre, items are confirmed for the first stages of the invitational so we may get some new assist trophy characters.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
11 days til E3. It'll be a massacre, items are confirmed for the first stages of the invitational so we may get some new assist trophy characters.
I'm probably behind on this, but what exactly is slated for E3? By invitational do you mean people will actually be playing it? Therefore we can assume they'll have access to the full starting roster?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm probably behind on this, but what exactly is slated for E3? By invitational do you mean people will actually be playing it? Therefore we can assume they'll have access to the full starting roster?
You, watch

D

Deleted member

E3 will be a war. Some will make it, others will perish.

We will celebrate those who triumph, and mourn those who fall.

I also don't see how Palkia being a Pokeball summon deconfirms Spear Pillar. Maybe they just brought back the Dialga or Cresselia variants? -Denial.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
You, watch

That look's sick...but why is everyone talking about it confirming important things? If that's all that's happening, and we're only getting confirmed characters and stages, then the only thing the tourney will do is show some gameplay and give the players some first impressions and show some new moves. I keep hearing about how its going to seal Ridley's fate, etc., like its going to be the finished game. We may not even get for the graveyard too, just because who know's what assist trophy characters will be available? Perhaps only the ones already seen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That look's sick...but why is everyone talking about it confirming important things? If that's all that's happening, and we're only getting confirmed characters and stages, then the only thing the tourney will do is show some gameplay and give the players some first impressions and show some new moves. I keep hearing about how its going to seal Ridley's fate, etc., like its going to be the finished game. We may not even get for the graveyard too, just because who know's what assist trophy characters will be available? Perhaps only the ones already seen.
There'll be a 90 minute Q&A about nothing but Smash later that day. That's got reveal written all over it.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
There'll be a 90 minute Q&A about nothing but Smash later that day. That's got reveal written all over it.
I wonder how much they'll be willing to answer. I'd imagine a good amount since the game is near release, but I feel like big surprises may remain undisclosed to keep the hype train going, at least until release. I can't imagine them outright saying: "nope that character isn't in. Next question." But who knows?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And the reward for most casual disconfirmation goes to...

Hong

The Strongest
You guys are all wrong. When Kamek is played, Gandalf the Grey will appear instead. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Seems as though Masahades Sakurai is looking out for blood. We're one week before E3 and we already have a disconfirmation.
This isn't a good omen.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I was under the impression that Smash Run practically de-confirmed Kamek already. I hope this bit of news didn't come as a shock to anyone...

Also, kind of ironic how Kamek is typically thought of as a new Yoshi character, yet he's the hazard on a Mario stage.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I was under the impression that Smash Run practically de-confirmed Kamek already. I hope this bit of news didn't come as a shock to anyone...

Also, kind of ironic how Kamek is typically thought of as a new Yoshi character, yet he's the hazard on a Mario stage.
Seeing as how that's what he did in the recent NSMBU, why is this irony? Yoshi has made appearances in both Mario and Yoshi franchises and was given his own franchise, don't see why we can't look the other way for Kamek when he's done the same thing.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Seeing as how that's what he did in the recent NSMBU, why is this irony?
It's ironic because most of us thought that if Kamek were to be added to the roster, he would be added as a Yoshi character. And he was de-confirmed by being a hazard on a Mario stage.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
It's ironic because most of us thought that if Kamek were to be added to the roster, he would be added as a Yoshi character. And he was de-confirmed by being a hazard on a Mario stage.
Edited my post to reiterate my response. Yoshi is a Mario franchise character who was graced with his own, so why can't Kamek be a member of Yoshi's as well since it was there he actually had a name for himself

Xigger

Smash Lord
I think it's ironic that Yoshi is typically thought of as a Yoshi character, when his biggest appearances are in Mario games. And the Yoshi games are about Mario.

EDIT: Yes, except for the one Yoshi's Story game and an old NES game.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Everyone wants every character ever to be in the game.

I will never relish in someone's dream not coming to fruition. There's no need to ride off of someone else's sorrow or disappointment. That said, by fall, hundreds of characters will be DEAD. If we are sympathetic for all of them, eventually the actual sympathy loses its meaning. For example, I don't care about Ridley, but I know lots of people especially in the west were hinging on him to appear and the character has more unique implications, so there is a genuine sense of loss, of what it could have been. Same goes for other characters of similar magnitude.

For the hundreds of other characters:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
"You'll get no sympathy from me"? Is that really the best choice of words in a thread of this nature?

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Dammit Kamek.

The first of my most-wanteds to fall.

On a different note, it looks like there are still a lot of obituaries to be written. I think we have a list somewhere in the thread, but I can't find it. I'd be happy to write some for Brittany, Tiki Buzz, Urchin and maybe Kamek, though I feel one of Kamek's bigger fans should write that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom