• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Update... I removed the Waluigi and Jr. tombs because "they still have a chance". :rolleyes:
But Toad,is a different story,he is discofirmed and you know that...

I'm sorry if I sounded rude,but it's the truth.
This will not do! Not on Christmas! Starfy deserves something a little...... special:

He looks to peaceful...

D

Deleted member

Hey, should Ridley at some point in the future be officially excluded from the cast, you have my personal blessing to make his tombstone HUGE.
The mountains are going his tombstone if he gets disconfirmed. :p

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I actually hoped he would be in smash but I knew he didn't have the appeal to make it in. Still sad though. :crying:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Oh. Well, that was a buzzkill. I'll make a proper speech for Starfy, who is probably the first "BIG" disconfirmation since Skull Kid. Thank you for adding him, M&S Guy, I was busy freaking out over 3D World.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I hate to say it but I'm not surprised this happened to Starfy. Nintendo tried to make him a big thing outside of Japan but the marketing campaign flopped spectacularly despite them pouring a goofy amount of money into it. The Legendary Starfy is actually a pretty good game too it's just, for whatever reason, it failed to gain any real widespread appeal
plus it doesn't help that Sakurai not so subtly hates the character *cough*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Some people speculate it's because of the similarities the character has with Kirby and how both franchises are more or less built off the same concept: simple gameplay that fluctuates in difficulty, especially when it comes to bosses. I don't think Sakurai's ever made an official statement about it though.

That and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want his hero of the stars to to fight a star.

It sounds petty but, if I was pulling the strings I would probably pull something similar. I just feel bad for TOSE.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai's quote on Starfy's page on Brawl Dojo has fuelled the rumour.
"Stafy, why did you even come here?!"
I don't think that translates to Sakurai hating Starfy. Starfy is a useless Assist Trophy that you question why you got him instead of a more powerful one, like Knuckle Joe.

Some people speculate it's because of the similarities the character has with Kirby and how both franchises are more or less built off the same concept: simple gameplay that fluctuates in difficulty, especially when it comes to bosses. I don't think Sakurai's ever made an official statement about it though.
While I find this to be more plausible, I don't think that this is the case either. I heard that Sakurai wants to see Kirby and Starfy work together in one game and if Sakurai truly hated the character, then I doubt that he would be an Assist Trophy.

That's just my two cents on this.

I don't think that translates to Sakurai hating Starfy. Starfy is a useless Assist Trophy that you question why you got him instead of a more powerful one, like Knuckle Joe.

While I find this to be more plausible, I don't think that this is the case either. I heard that Sakurai wants to see Kirby and Starfy work together in one game and if Sakurai truly hated the character, then I doubt that he would be an Assist Trophy.

That's just my two cents on this.
Well, he's also the only Assist Trophy you can hit.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Actually you can also hit the Lakitu assist trophy. But that only works when you use the Dragoon item, But yeah... :T

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
And just like toad, people thinks that starfy is not playable because sakurai hates him...
Enough with the theories people, starfy will not have a huge comeback as a 3D title, not in a near future at least, thats all, sells argument at his best.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
And just like toad, people thinks that starfy is not playable because sakurai hates him...
I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Even with Skull Kid.

Are people going to declare Sakurai a hater of every character who doesn't become playable in this game or something now?

D

Deleted member

Well, he's also the only Assist Trophy you can hit.
You can hit Lakitu as well. Even then, Lakitu is still better than Starfy. Starfy is pathetically weak. However, Sakurai mentions that it's all a part of his charm.

Actually you can also hit the Lakitu assist trophy. But that only works when you use the Dragoon item, But yeah... :T
Actually, I have been able to hit Lakitu before without the Dragoon.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Citation needed.
Pretty much what Fallkoopa said and not to mention he's arguably the most useless AT as he's the only one that can even be knocked off the stage.

Add in: Lakitu can be hurt? That's to be expected though because it's a common enemy but Starfy stars in his own franchise but you can punt the little guy if you outright feel like it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just to notify you all, Skull Kid is officially King of the Assist Trophies.

And he'd like to greet his fellow companions who got lost in the Lost Woods:

I'll take good care of you two, Nintendog and Starfy, don't worry!

Yeah Starfy is different. Even if you can hit other ATs, half the time I see Starfy he's flying off the stage before he can even start walking.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Ah well. I would've liked Starfy to make an appearance as a playable character, but oh well. I'm not too dissapointed about it.

I found The Legendary Starfy to actually be a lot of fun, too.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I mean, did you put a Toon Link stone up when he was "deconfirmed" by being in the spirit tracks level?

I doubt doubt doubt Toad is in the game. I think Mario is done. But, I mean.. him being an attack isn't a 100% deconfirmation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because being an Assist Fighter means being dead.

Ah, that Yellow Idiot would have been a Joke Character, anyway. It's not like Sakurai actually liked the character.
Asia_catdog_blue, why did you even come here?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
so Starfy is back in the graveyard, right where he belongs
What's that for?
Starfy is a deserving character, and although not many actually predicted him, it's still a sad loss since Starfy would have been a fun and unique character anyway.
To say that he belongs in the graveyard is funny when you consider that you are named Top Tier PICHU.
You of all people shouldn't be saying if a character deserves to be playable or not.

And seriously, everyone, what's with the Starfy hate?
That he was a joke assist trophy in Brawl? So what?
Play one of his games and get back to me on that Starfy hate.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Are you teaching us that you can't read?
No, I-oh. I'll be more respectful. I actually kinda wanna to see him playable as well, to be honest.

Though, really? Not being playable means death? I know playable fighters are very important but it's not like being a striker is a bad thing.

But of course. all or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom