• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (SAKURAAAAAAAAAI!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I hope the fact that Link and Zelda's TP-inspired outfits doesn't dismiss Ghirahim's chances of being a playable character.

I know there's Ganondorf still, but if anything, Ghirahim should still have a chance at being the next new Zelda rep. If they wanted, they could create Ghirahim in a style between Skyward Sword and TP, so he doesn't look out of place next to the TP character designs.

I hope the fact that Link and Zelda's TP-inspired outfits doesn't dismiss Ghirahim's chances of being a playable character.

I know there's Ganondorf still, but if anything, Ghirahim should still have a chance at being the next new Zelda rep. If they wanted, they could create Ghirahim in a style between Skyward Sword and TP, so he doesn't look out of place next to the TP character designs.

I think the main thing stopping Ghirahim (besides the curse of the one shot Zelda character) is Impa. If Zelda really does lose Shiek, they will probably give her moveset to SS Impa. Which would be awesome, but it would hurt Ghirahim.

Personally I don't want Ghirahim and would love Impa so it works out for me.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Update... I removed the Waluigi and Jr. tombs because "they still have a chance". :rolleyes:
But Toad,is a different story,he is discofirmed and you know that...

I'm sorry if I sounded rude,but it's the truth.
No, Toad is not. There is MORE THAN ONE TOAD. WE HAVE ONLY SEEN ONE. Toad may not have a large chance; but nevertheless, he has a chance.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Only thing this brings to the graveyard is Phantom Zelda.

As the mysteries of the Phantom become clear, we can add more.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Toad's as disconfirmed as R.O.B. was in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

No, Toad's as disconfirmed as Toad was in Brawl.
Must people really follow the same logic that didn't work before?

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Denial, anger, acceptance.
You forgot bargaining and depression. :troll:

As far as I am concerned, Skull Kid and the Nintendog are the only 100% disconfirmed characters. We have no way of knowing what Starfy's role is in the game. Sakurai has not outright said that he is an Assist Trophy, like the others. In fact, he referred to a groupshot of him, Pikachu, and Luma as yellow CHARACTERS. Perhaps Sakurai is teasing him as a playable character. :p

If Toad isn't considered 100% disconfirmed, then neither can Starfy.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Guys, Sakurai told me himself that Toad wouldn't be playable. Give it up already geez. :rolleyes:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Does anyone ever stop to consider that the Phantom may be a new summoning move that Zelda can use? It looks too high quality to be a mere Assist Trophy, so perhaps Zelda can summon the Phantom to attack opponents, but she'd have no control over what it does; sort of like a pseudo-Assist Trophy, much like with Dedede's Waddle Dees.

too high quality my left @$$ cheek

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
**** that if it happens.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All other Links aside from Link and Toon Link should be in the graveyard.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Can we say that our veteran Young Link is in the graveyard?
I second this.
And Classic Link, if he is considered separate.

As much as I want to put them in, I'm going to wait it out since there's still the unlikely chance it could happen. Conductor Link's disconfirmed for sure, but the others are still possible, the same manner as a Mario newcomer. Until Sakurai states that there are no more Links in this game, I'll have to leave it out.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
As much as I want to put them in, I'm going to wait it out since there's still the unlikely chance it could happen. Conductor Link's disconfirmed for sure, but the others are still possible, the same manner as a Mario newcomer. Until Sakurai states that there are no more Links in this game, I'll have to leave it out.
Hi!
I have a question,
Do you think Toad has a chance?
Do you think I need to remove him from the image?
Because some people still think he has a chance :/

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hi!
I have a question,

I say keep it. Rosalina and Peach make it rather unlikely we'll see the lovable little Toad.

Hi!
I have a question,

Leave him. There is no reason to think Toad is going to be playable. Every indication points to him remaining a part of a moveset. The only reason to assume he is playable at this point is because Sakurai himself hasn't said "Toad will not be playable in any form in the next Smash Bros."

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Just a thought, what would happen if Bandana Dee got "de-confirmed"? How will the little guy react to seeing his grave on the image? lol (I actually want to see Bandana Dee in the game)

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I disagree. Young Link still has a chance to return from being cut in Melee. Plus, this thread should only be for characters that are shown in other roles in the game that limit their chances.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
How about this - if we keep Toad in the grave but if he pulls a ROBert and surprises us we say that he used a decoy toad in the grave, or he faked his death like Batman in that one animated movie?

Then we change the graveyard picture to a broken tombstone and a dug up grave.

I mean, two paths we can take here. One being that he obviously is deconfirmed because his chances are very very shot right now and it's almost certain, or we can take the more heavy, logical and valid approach saying that although it is slim, it is still a chance. I'm pretty sure we'll go with my first suggestion as this is a Smash forum and not a philosophical discussion.

Xigger

Smash Lord
One being that he obviously is deconfirmed because his chances are very very shot right now and it's almost certain, or we can take the more heavy, logical and valid approach saying that although it is slim, it is still a chance. I'm pretty sure we'll go with my first suggestion as this is a Smash forum
All of this forum in a nutshell. "Obviously my opinion" over "logical, valid approach."

I think the main thing stopping Ghirahim (besides the curse of the one shot Zelda character) is Impa. If Zelda really does lose Shiek, they will probably give her moveset to SS Impa. Which would be awesome, but it would hurt Ghirahim.

Personally I don't want Ghirahim and would love Impa so it works out for me.
Thing is, Smash isn't cannon to the franchises they represent. If tags was
the case then Sheik wouldn't be in Brawl and Samus wouldn't be anything like she is already. Same could be applied to many characters in the game.

About Ghirahim...eh. Same applies to skyward sword and the characters in that game in general; shallow and leave no real impression. Ganon is good enough. Doesn't need some long winded motif; he just busts your skull open and doesn't lose a wink of sleep.

Either way, Staffy is an assist trophy, but that's fine, at least players have luma.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Toad only has a chance when we're being extremely literal now, if I'm honest.

We're probably not seeing him, but Sakurai is Sakurai.

You forgot bargaining and depression. :troll:

As far as I am concerned, Skull Kid and the Nintendog are the only 100% disconfirmed characters. We have no way of knowing what Starfy's role is in the game. Sakurai has not outright said that he is an Assist Trophy, like the others. In fact, he referred to a groupshot of him, Pikachu, and Luma as yellow CHARACTERS. Perhaps Sakurai is teasing him as a playable character. :p

If Toad isn't considered 100% disconfirmed, then neither can Starfy.
Staffy is an assist trophy, Toad isn't in the game as a playable character. Sakurai shouldn't have to say any thing as some things should be self explanatory. See Occam's Razor.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Does anyone ever stop to consider that the Phantom may be a new summoning move that Zelda can use? It looks too high quality to be a mere Assist Trophy, so perhaps Zelda can summon the Phantom to attack opponents, but she'd have no control over what it does; sort of like a pseudo-Assist Trophy, much like with Dedede's Waddle Dees.
That's what I'm thinking (or it could come out real fast, then disappear after attacking). Out of all the things they could've chosen for an assist trophy from Zelda, why would it just happen to be an enemy that can be controlled by Zelda :rolleyes:. It's been stylized to fit more with Twilight Princess, and is even colored alike to the official "Zelda Phantom" artwork:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
That's what I'm thinking (or it could come out real fast, then disappear after attacking). Out of all the things they could've chosen for an assist trophy from Zelda, why would it just happen to be an enemy that can be controlled by Zelda :rolleyes:. It's been stylized to fit more with Twilight Princess, and is even colored alike to the official "Zelda Phantom" artwork:
you must not know much about spirits tracks, the only reason zelda could control phantoms was because she was a ghost and litteraly went inside it

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
you must not know much about spirits tracks, the only reason zelda could control phantoms was because she was a ghost and litteraly went inside it
So? Are you going to try n' tell me Sakurai has never toyed around with the actual powers of characters :rolleyes:.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I do think that the main counter argument to its being an assist is its art style. It only makes sense to change it from toon style if it's being made to fit Zelda's design more. I mean, the thing only appeared in the toon games.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I can't believe no one has made a yu-gi-oh reference like: "I send starfy to the graveyard" and summon Rosalina and luma in attack mode!

For shame guys, for shame. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom