• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 The first character you will try at Smash fest best buy!

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'd be tempted to try Mega Man, but I'll probably go with Link or Samus (whichever less people in front of me have played) to get a feel for a character I know. If I feel like braving the line again, I'd go with Mega Man though (or maybe Greninja).

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Mega man most likely. My first every fighting game character was red Mega man, and it'll be red Mega Man at the demo.

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
I'm more interested in changes to characters than newcomers. So I would likely try out Link, Samus, Fox, or even Marth. But if I had to go newcomer, obviously MegaMan.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
As a die-hard Zelda fan, I wouldn't be surprised if my coin was already over Link's face before both of my hands are securely on the controller. After that, Greninja, if playable, and if I manage to get in more than just one round.

That has me curious about how they will make sure everybody gets a chance to play. Obviously, they will cut you off after you play for a certain amount of time, but will they give each person just one match before sending them to the back of the line(which will no doubt be at least twice as long as the last Best Buy event), or let people play more than one so that they don't feel cheated? Personally, I feel like 2-4 matches per person per line wait sounds more than fair, depending on how long the matches at this thing are set to last. Thoughts?

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'll be the only Donkey Kong user for miles. Gotta check on that mid air down special and roll attack.

Last edited:

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I feel like 2-4 matches per person per line wait sounds more than fair, depending on how long the matches at this thing are set to last. Thoughts?
They cut the line off early on to prevent this from happening. You're one and done. Nintendo has a set schedule and no interest in paying their reps overtime. You'll be better off keeping your expectations low.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Bowser first, gotta see what they did with my main. Then Little Mac.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Pit...oh my god...Pit
I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to know how good these buffs are and how "nerfed" his up-b is.

SuperLuigiTheIntalian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sagablitz
So you are waiting online to play smash bros wii u at smash fest at your local best buy. You finally get up to play after hours of waiting. What character will you try?! Lets assume all confirmed characters are playable. What character will you try first?
I am so used to kirby and how he plays that I think he is my go to!
Who will you try first??

It Would be Luigi, then Sonic, then Mario, then bowser.

Gamer YTP

Smash Rookie
NNID
GTP376Number2
Veterans:

Sonic (Dat meteor smash)
Samus
Pikachu
Kirby
Marth
Charizard (I wanna know what his Down Special is!)

Newcomers:

Mega Man (Duh.)
Little Mac
Greninja
Wii-Fit Trainer
Whoever is announced at E3.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
I think I'll decide once I have a better idea of who'll be there. However, I'm eyeing Mega Man and Greninja currently.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
I'm more interested in the overall gameplay changes over the new characters so I'll probably be using chars I know well like Luigi or Pikachu but Megaman and Little Mac also look very fun to play.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Rosalina and Luma I mean really who can compare with this...View attachment 13311
I disagree with whoever played Mario and Luigi. They held their smash attacks too long and a close range fireball from Luigi? Come onnn.

Anyways, I will choose Luigi. If he is not available, Little Mac.

(Is this coming to Canada at all?)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'm more interested in the game physics, so I'll be playing Link as I'm most familiar with him. I will also test out Lucario to see how this potentially insane revamped aura system works out.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
If Ice climbers are, unexpectedly, in the demo, them first. If not, I've had a real strong urge to try out Villager

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Definitely the newcomers. If you don't care about them, you're nuts. Unless you want to be surprised when you first buy and play the game... oh man. That made me think about this a bit...

On that note, I'm going to refrain from playing Little Mac, Megaman and Villager because those are the newcomers that I'm most excited for, and I want to keep some hype for "day one". (especially little mac).

So I want to try out Greninja and Rosalina (and WFT). They seem fun, but not who I'm especially excited for.

In terms of veterans, I just want Olimar, ZSS and Sheik. Olimar bc I mained him and Brawl, and I want to see how these changed were implemented. ZSS bc she sexay. Sheik because it seems as I may be maining her (or Greninja) in 4.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Pikachu, mainly because I main him in Brawl and I need to see what Sakurai did to Thunder.

Otherwise, Greninja looks pretty sick.

Thor

Smash Champion
I want to try out everyone... if I get only a limited number of chances, my choices are [assuming they are present]

1. Pikachu - my Brawl main and I like him in all his incarnations (if only I could play him better)
2. Falco - love Falco so much in both incarnations, want to see how he'd been changed (plus he'd have just been released - hype!)
3. Captain Falcon - more or less same reasoning (his Brawl form was bad, but Knee was even more satisfying + jab->jab->grab)
4. Link - HAVE to see if they gave him a usable recovery [sort of] like in Melee (fingers crossed!)
5. Meta Knight - same reasons as 2 and 3, though how much I like him was reduced back in like 2010 when I learned he was just far and away better than others and got hate for it (don't want to seem like the loser who's either clueless or loves the character because he's good, despite neither being the case)

It gets blurrier as to who EXACTLY I'd choose next, but...
Fox
Samus
Lucario
Pit
Kirby
Marth
Peach
Greninja
Zero Suit Samus
Diddy Kong
Zelda
King Dedede
Rosalina
Ice Climbers (must...find...INFINITE!!! Or preferably lack thereof)
Jigglypuff

are all characters I'd choose if I had time (I'd play everyone but I doubt I'd have THAT much time). I also would likely deprioritize characters on this list if I was waiting in line and saw someone else utilize a fair number of moves in a character's moveset (because I'm more curious about seeing what they can do from a perspective of "What's their moveset" than in playing them myself...). Except I might break this rule for one of the top 5 on my list, especially if they're played badly.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
RAGE. I have a Best Buy in my hometown. Why you do this and not put it in Roseville? I know Elk Grove's not far but...

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
VILLAGER. I dunno what it is, but I love him, and he's been the newcomer I've been most excited to play.
But as for veterans, I'm using DK. I want to try out his roll attack.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Greninja or King Dedede

I'm also curious about Samus and Sheik since they were my melee characters

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'll probably pick either Lucario, Fox, or Zelda. Probably Zelda, since she seems to be the most changed.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
i will pick random unless there is an awesome prize for the winners like a T-shirt or something then I's destroy people with my awesome diddy game!

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Bowser, it's been my tradition since he first stomped into Smash. Why stop now? His rework reinforces this all the more, not that it needed much reinforcing.

What will really make it for me is to be able to play as a new and improved HD Giga Bowser. *drool*

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Well, it depends on who is playable. I'll probably do a random number generator to pick between the newcomers (and maybe throw in Mario as a booby prize). Gonna let fate decide.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It really depends on whether it's winner stays or a constant rotation. If I get to stay if I win, I'm picking DK because I'm most confident I can win with him of all the characters we've seen so far (if Jigglypuff or Mr. Game & Watch are shown and included in the demo, they would trump DK). It seems smartest to get comfortable with the engine with DK and then move to explore other characters while I'm confident I can stay on; that way I'll get the maximum total info from my time. If I have to get off the station after winning anyway, I might as well play Mega Man who looks like the most interesting newcomer to me and would be the most fun to explore in my single game.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Link just to see how he changed from Brawl. Marth is my second choice but i'm sure he will be good as always.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Pikachu, Charizard, or Greninja. Depends on who's available.

Top Bottom