• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 The first character you will try at Smash fest best buy!

eenertv

Smash Rookie
Mega Man and Villager because of they are new and I want to check out their movesets.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Bowser first. Every time he's been introduced as a challenger, I've wanted him to be good - and he is, I've enjoyed playing him in every iteration of Smash, but his tendency to be easy to juggle makes it difficult to impossible for me to play competitively with him.

Still, I'll never forget the time I broke up that 3v1 Wifi Party in Brawl with Bowser. It somehow ended with me taunting while all three were on stage, followed by all three of them failing simultaneously to connect a dash attack with me while I'm still taunting, and then stunning each other at the perfect range for me to get a triple-kill fsmash... followed by another taunt, and then the score screen. I won the 3v1 by one kill.

Situations like this where I've pulled off crazy games with Bowser have risen him very high in my book, and the changes they've shown for him so far look like this will be his best incarnation yet. I've even taken off a couple days so I can go to BB and play/stand in line all day.

CutieHog

Smash Rookie
All the newcomers if playable, because... obviously they are new. Sonic or Olimar if that goes wrong.

Hong

The Strongest
Samus.

Cross my heart, beg the goddess of all mercy that Samus' missiles don't suck.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
You could always just play Greninja a second time, you will have time to try everyone when you get the game. Might as well play as your favorite.
True, True. There is also the possibility that the 3ds version will even come out before it. "Summer" is a pretty vague release date.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I will probably play as :4villager: first if he's available because the shovel + bowling ball combo looks so OP. If I got to play a second time I would probably play as :4link:, my main, to test out his buffed tether recovery and see if l-cancels return so that I can actually use his dair without getting destroyed from the long landing animation if I miss. I would probably actually spend most of my time in my match experimenting with some of the changes and finding out if you need to be facing a ledge to grab it like in 64/Melee or if you attach to it regardless of what direction your character is facing like in Brawl.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Donkey Kong, probably. I spent the most time with him in Melee.

Unless... Ike, or a new Fire Emblem character. I really loved Ike. If there's a FE newcomer, I'd probably want to try that out, though.

If Mewtwo is in the demo, though, all bets are off. Mewtwo main day 1.

Zulyar

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4914-3978-9790
Samus of the confirmed characters, otherwise sami/isaac if tis event was actualy held in the eu at all.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Olimar in terms of known characters, but if he/she happens to be their, Ridley/Palutena.

By the way, have they announced the locations where the event will be held? It was at the Best Buy closest to me last year, so I imagine it'll be back.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'll probably try out Little Mac. He's the only newcomer so far that I'm actually excited to see playable.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Bowser first. Every time he's been introduced as a challenger, I've wanted him to be good - and he is, I've enjoyed playing him in every iteration of Smash, but his tendency to be easy to juggle makes it difficult to impossible for me to play competitively with him.

Still, I'll never forget the time I broke up that 3v1 Wifi Party in Brawl with Bowser. It somehow ended with me taunting while all three were on stage, followed by all three of them failing simultaneously to connect a dash attack with me while I'm still taunting, and then stunning each other at the perfect range for me to get a triple-kill fsmash... followed by another taunt, and then the score screen. I won the 3v1 by one kill.

Situations like this where I've pulled off crazy games with Bowser have risen him very high in my book, and the changes they've shown for him so far look like this will be his best incarnation yet. I've even taken off a couple days so I can go to BB and play/stand in line all day.
I hope I wasn't part of those 3! It must have been humiliating to be one of them! But I think I have been in such a shameful situation before....

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
I'm going for Bowser:4bowser:(he has been changed up enough to be a new character to me).

If not him than I'll probably go for The Villager:4villager:, or Yoshi:4yoshi: (I love Yoshi and The Villager would just be wacky fun).
Less likely would be Rosalina & Luma:rosalina:, or Samus:4samus: (curious on how Rosalina would work with the Luma).
Still lower would be Little Mac:4littlemac:, or Mega Man:4megaman: (since obviously I am still predictably interested in how the newcomers play but less so than the others as well as the changes made to old characters).

No interest for Greninja:4greninja: really though. Oops.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I always start with :4peach: but if I'm super limited at the smash fest event then I will probably start with :rosalina: but if I have plenty of time with the game then I would do it in this order :4peach::rosalina::4olimar::4villager::4wiifit::4zelda::4mario::4yoshi::4luigi::4dedede::4kirby::4greninja:

However, I will main these characters: :4peach::rosalina::4olimar::4villager::popo: <-- hope they get in D:

Last edited:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I always start with :4peach: but if I'm super limited at the smash fest event then I will probably start with :rosalina: but if I have plenty of time with the game then I would do it in this order :4peach::rosalina::4olimar::4villager::4wiifit::4zelda::4mario::4yoshi::4luigi::4dedede::4kirby::4greninja:

However, I will main these characters: :4peach::rosalina::4olimar::4villager::popo: <-- hope they get in D:
no need to worry bout ice climber, the polar bears are in smash run so why would they not be in?

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
The plan is Mega Man. Either way I actually don't expect much of the revealed roster to be available for play. But I do expect Mega Man, and rather would immediately try him first than sticking to tradition and starting with Mario. Either way I'm sure I'll be trying more than one character.

...aaaand you may now like this, MorbidAltruism. :)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Donkey Kong, probably. I spent the most time with him in Melee.

Unless... Ike, or a new Fire Emblem character. I really loved Ike. If there's a FE newcomer, I'd probably want to try that out, though.

If Mewtwo is in the demo, though, all bets are off. Mewtwo main day 1.
WELP now I'm torn.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I hope I wasn't part of those 3! It must have been humiliating to be one of them! But I think I have been in such a shameful situation before....
Does getting to 'Sudden Death' against a blue R.O.B. the match before ring a bell?

Last edited:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I really really hope my boy...ROY will be in the game.. he is epic! Why can't their be 4 fire emblem characters, :ike::4marth::roypm:and Chrom

UUUUH If he is not in, I will just take it witha a grain of :salt:, I will buy the game even if he is not in it,

Morbi

Scavenger
Given the recent reveal; it is obvious who my sisters first character is going to be. She likes Ike. So if he is at Smash fest, I expect to be playing against a lot of him.

0danmaster0

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1773 3199 8400
dedede was my main in brawl. I have to check to see if he is still good lol.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Hmmm, Ike was the first character I tried in Brawl. But I would rather try someone new.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
If I attend, I will probably try out a veteran first, most likely Pit. Newcomer wise, I can't wait to play as Villager.

D

Deleted member

My top priority is to play as mega man, but depending on what other players choose I'll play as wii fit trainer, villager, or little mac first. By the way, this is my first message!
:happysheep:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom