• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 The first character you will try at Smash fest best buy!

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see how good old :falcon:is doing in SSB4 first.
However, he probably won't be available from the start, so I'd stick with :4littlemac: or :ike:.
The latter was my first chracter try in Brawl, so I would recreate some nostalgic feels..:smirk:

Last edited:

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
If I go, I'm going to try out Link. He's been my main ever since the SSB series came out, and I want to see what changes have been made to him and get a feel of how to play him.

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
Ike is my first choice since he was one of my mains in brawl. Little Mac as my second and Greninja as my 3rd pick.

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
Samus since I want to main her in this game, then Ike because he was one of my mains back in brawl, and if I have another chance since we dont know how long the lines will be and how many booths, I will try out Little Mac.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Now that the event is closer and I've had time to reconsider, I'll probably play Samus once to get used to the controls, and assuming I get a second try Megaman or Rosalina. If I go with a friend who also likes Samus, though, I'll due Link to get used to the controls.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, if I had the chance to try the demo I'd go with Samus first, then Ike second. That is unless Meta Knight or Ridley magically appear at E3.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Likely, I'm going to start with Mega Man. If I get more chances to play, the different newcomers are my priority, with it being:

1. Little Mac
2. Greninja
3. Villager
4. Rosalina
5. Wii Fit Trainer

Not counting for any reveals at E3. It really depends on how many chances I get to play.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I posted this in the other thread, but it's highly relevant here. The background image Best Buy is advertising repeats a bunch of characters but only shows 17:

Mario
Olimar
Little Mac
Link
Kirby
Samus
Rosalina
Sonic
Donkey Kong
Greninja
Zelda
Wii Fit Trainer
Marth
Mega Man
Pit
Villager
Pikachu

Another poster pointed out to me later that Fox is a part of the rotation but just doesn't appear on that image due to how it is cropped (you can see an image with Fox by playing with the URL). So Fox might be in it too, but I'd form my plans around these 17/18 and not count on anyone else since there's probably a good reason the other 12 characters are excluded from the promotional materials while characters like Zelda appear twice.

Personally, I plan to start off with DK and then start exploring as time goes on (Mega Man is a top priority!). These events add up to 10 hours total so hopefully I'll have a lot of opportunity to test out a lot of characters!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I posted this in the other thread, but it's highly relevant here. The background image Best Buy is advertising repeats a bunch of characters but only shows 17:

Mario
Olimar
Little Mac
Link
Kirby
Samus
Rosalina
Sonic
Donkey Kong
Greninja
Zelda
Wii Fit Trainer
Marth
Mega Man
Pit
Villager
Pikachu

Another poster pointed out to me later that Fox is a part of the rotation but just doesn't appear on that image due to how it is cropped (you can see an image with Fox by playing with the URL). So Fox might be in it too, but I'd form my plans around these 17/18 and not count on anyone else since there's probably a good reason the other 12 characters are excluded from the promotional materials while characters like Zelda appear twice.

Personally, I plan to start off with DK and then start exploring as time goes on (Mega Man is a top priority!). These events add up to 10 hours total so hopefully I'll have a lot of opportunity to test out a lot of characters!
Can I get a fist bump for using DK? I hope so. 'Cause, y'know, no Ike or Mewtwo. Also, What is up with leaving out Yoshi? Yoshi's been there from day one, son. Maybe they're not quite finished with him yet, or maybe he's not popular enough...

Last edited:

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina, Mega Man, Mario. in that order. Than I'll try to leave. The key word being try.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I plan to play as:
Wii Fit Trainer
Zelda
Mega Man
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Greninja
Zero Suit Samus
Charizard
and whatever other newcomers might be announced at E3 (if they're in the demo).

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm honestly not sure if I should go for what I know with Marth, or try out a newcomer, probably Rosalina.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I'm going to be a newcomer, that's for sure. When I get to Best Buy, I'm going to be Greninja. Then I'll pick Little Mac for my second go-round. Then Mega Man.

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Mega Man no question. Lord knows I'm too much of a scrub for anything beyond projectile spam.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Villager first and foremost. Followed by some Marth and Pit play thereafter. Ideally, I want to try as much of each newcomer as I can. But that depends on how heavy the attendance is on both days.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
Hands down, Ike, if he's there. I have some friends that need to be fought for.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
The time is almost here my fellow smashers! Found out there is a best buy very close to me hosting the demo. Hopefully the demo will have all the characters from the invitational tournament. Gotta try me out some kirby and test out how the game plays first before trying out a newcomer.

Aerialfighter96

Smash Rookie
kirby,marth or pit. i really like how they have changed pit's and kirby's final smashes!! if he returns, i would also use r.o.b but i'm slowly growing unsure about r.o.b being a playable character

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Samus. Hope she's more like her Melee build than her Brawl one, if not better.

Then probably Little Mac, Marth and Zero Suit Samus, if I get that many turns.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Probably Pikachu because he was my first ever main and also the first Smash character I ever played. I'm also tempted to test out Lucario/Bowser/Yoshi/Charizard because from what I've seen their changes are pretty major.

Top Bottom