• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Evil Minish Vaati is reborn for SSB4!-Sign the Petition to Add Vaati to Hyrule Warriors!

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Just as I hope Sakurai knows that King K is the head villain of the new DKC franchise, that Sceptile has a new mega form, I hope he has inside information tellin that Vaati appears in the new Hyrulian warriors/as the boss in the new home console Zelda.

Checking now to see if I am on the supporters list

edit: are any vaati games for free on the 3DS?
As of now, I don't believe so. But, 4 Swords Anniversary was not too long ago.

andimidna

Smash Master
(Page 7!)

So this is just another re-release and not a remake, right?
Ah... I want an official 3d Vaati

I'm still pessimistic about Vaati's chances, but this is proof his games have not been forgotten.
But I don't think any of them are.
NES Remix takes stuff from Zelda 1 and 2.
A Link's Awakening character was in Captain Rainbow
ALttP--- ALBW
OoT3d
MM remake? Assist and New Leaf items
Oracles- re-relases
WW- HD, TLink
Vaati trilogy- re-releases
TP- Assist, Smash designs, New Leaf items
PH- Nothing I guess?
ST- Sprit Train, Alfonzo
SS- a lot
ALBW- recent

So I guess Phantom Hourglass hasn't shown up anywhere... but everything else has had something recent I think.

Autumn ♫

(Page 7!)

So this is just another re-release and not a remake, right?
Ah... I want an official 3d Vaati

I'm still pessimistic about Vaati's chances, but this is proof his games have not been forgotten.
But I don't think any of them are.
NES Remix takes stuff from Zelda 1 and 2.
A Link's Awakening character was in Captain Rainbow
ALttP--- ALBW
OoT3d
MM remake? Assist and New Leaf items
Oracles- re-relases
WW- HD, TLink
Vaati trilogy- re-releases
TP- Assist, Smash designs, New Leaf items
PH- Nothing I guess?
ST- Sprit Train, Alfonzo
SS- a lot
ALBW- recent

So I guess Phantom Hourglass hasn't shown up anywhere... but everything else has had something recent I think.
Minish Cap is just a re-release, but 4 Swords Anniversary is a remake. (or at least, it's treated like one)

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Well i just wanted to point out that even if Impa chance got hurt a lot with Sheik, we now also got the new Impa in Hyrule Warriors (that helps her a lot), also... even for Tingle, remenber even if Great Bay comes back and Tingle appears in it, it could happen the same it happened with Toon Link in the ST stage (when you're using him, he gets replaced by Alphonzo) but also... these may not apply if Great Bay is the same as it was in Melee and Tingle is actually part of the world (i mean, that you can actually hit him, and not like Toon Link that is just... a "decoration" in the background in the ST stage) :drshrug:

I wanted to say these just to point out that Ghirahim and Vaati still have more opponents :drifloon:

Note: I support Ghirahim more than anyone else, but still i will be happy if i get Vaati instead of Ghirahim (i still prefer Ghirahim):drohyou:

Autumn ♫

Autumn ♫

As I'm pretty sure we all know, E3 is just around the corner (aka tomorrow) and we have a very real chance of a Zelda newcomer being shown, due to the fact that E3 will be very Zelda driven, with both Hyrule Warriors and Zelda U. With this said, it's very possible Vaati can be confirmed or deconfirmed tomorrow. In the case that he is deconfirmed, I do want to thank all of you who have supported Vaati along side me.

Back when I joined the Boards, there were no Vaati supporters to be found, due to him not appearing in Brawl, leaving me the only Vaati supporter here (or at least vocally). There were many tough arguments to be had, and at times I even doubted myself about his inclusion in this Smash Bros, but as time went on, I was able to convert some to Vaatism (:awesome:) and other Vaati supporters started coming to the boards, which made our support group alot larger. We were able to accomplish many different things, such as bringing this thread back from the dead, gaining over 2x the pages this thread had when I first adopted it, and just recently, we made Vaati the most wanted Zelda newcomer, according to the RTC thread, and also significantly raised his chances in it too. So, we've done alot more than I would have ever imagined we could have.

We have accomplished surviving the onslaughter the many potential Zelda newcomers have had, and made Vaati a very strong contender, among the top 3 most likely Zelda newcomers now, along with Tingle and Ghirahim. So far, this Smash has been good to us, letting Vaati survive this long.

So, what I'm getting at here is that I want to thank all of you who have helped me support Vaati along the way, as you guys have raised up my thoughts about Vaati in my lowest of times. So, even if Vaati is deconfirmed, I do want to thank all of you, we've made it where I thought we could have never been among this Smash, so thank you all for your help and your dedication towards supporting Vaati.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
As I'm pretty sure we all know, E3 is just around the corner (aka tomorrow) and we have a very real chance of a Zelda newcomer being shown, due to the fact that E3 will be very Zelda driven, with both Hyrule Warriors and Zelda U. With this said, it's very possible Vaati can be confirmed or deconfirmed tomorrow. In the case that he is deconfirmed, I do want to thank all of you who have supported Vaati along side me.

Back when I joined the Boards, there were no Vaati supporters to be found, due to him not appearing in Brawl, leaving me the only Vaati supporter here (or at least vocally). There were many tough arguments to be had, and at times I even doubted myself about his inclusion in this Smash Bros, but as time went on, I was able to convert some to Vaatism (:awesome:) and other Vaati supporters started coming to the boards, which made our support group alot larger. We were able to accomplish many different things, such as bringing this thread back from the dead, gaining over 2x the pages this thread had when I first adopted it, and just recently, we made Vaati the most wanted Zelda newcomer, according to the RTC thread, and also significantly raised his chances in it too. So, we've done alot more than I would have ever imagined we could have.

We have accomplished surviving the onslaughter the many potential Zelda newcomers have had, and made Vaati a very strong contender, among the top 3 most likely Zelda newcomers now, along with Tingle and Ghirahim. So far, this Smash has been good to us, letting Vaati survive this long.

So, what I'm getting at here is that I want to thank all of you who have helped me support Vaati along the way, as you guys have raised up my thoughts about Vaati in my lowest of times. So, even if Vaati is deconfirmed, I do want to thank all of you, we've made it where I thought we could have never been among this Smash, so thank you all for your help and your dedication towards supporting Vaati.
Thanks for this pre E3 motivation. I actually did the same on my thread and I wish that more thread would do this. Because in the end, the game is already awesome so we should be able to take both outcome and I can't wait to see them.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord

no problem i allways wanted vaati in smash ever since i played minish cap

Autumn ♫

Well, we seem to have survived another E3, and another Zelda deconfirmation, this time being Tingle, who was arguably one of Vaati's biggest contenders. Let's hope we continue on this streak and hopefully become playable. :grin:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
The only one's who I can think of posing a large threat is Impa, and maybe Ghirahim.
Tetra may be one, but she's alot lower down the list than those 3.
There's also the possibility that Zelda won't get a third sixth rep.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

There's also the possibility that Zelda won't get a sixth rep.
Fix'd for obvious need of correction.
There's also that, but I feel that it's very likely we'll see a Zelda newcomer just because of how many games are coming out for it and the constant re-releases of their games, along with us not having a true on Zelda newcomer since Brawl. (Toon Link acts more like a replacement of Young Link than a completely new character)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think we should be holding out hope for Vaati in Hyrule Warriors. The giant eyeball form would lend itself well to the mindless hack and slash action in the game.

I'm grasping at straws here, but since Zelda Wii U decided to forgo a realistic style for a cel-shaded style similar to Wind Waker, while Link is an adult, Maybe we will see a grown up Vaati too.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
With some of the characters they have in Hyrule Warriors, it'd be incredibly surprising if he wasn't in the game. Also, assuming we can play as some villains in Hyrule warriors (I'll be surprised if Ganondorf isn't playable), I'd say Vaati is practicly guarunteed to be playable. However, Hyrule Warriors may only allow some of the very few brave good guys get some time to shine in the playable area (there's more than you might think, like those 4 helpers that come to help Link at the end of Twilight Princess [I forgot their names sadly]). I never really thought of Hyrule Warriors that way before. I just hope we get to play a bunch of other villains to play.
We'll just have to see what they do with it.

However, I doubt Vaati will be in the Zelda Wii U. I feel that Vaati is specificly for Four Swords. It drives me nuts that they aren't making more Four Swords games btw.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I think we should be holding out hope for Vaati in Hyrule Warriors. The giant eyeball form would lend itself well to the mindless hack and slash action in the game.

I'm grasping at straws here, but since Zelda Wii U decided to forgo a realistic style for a cel-shaded style similar to Wind Waker, while Link is an adult, Maybe we will see a grown up Vaati too.
I'm also holding out hope for him in HW, although I think I'd more prefer him to be playable in his Minish form, the eyeball form could work well as boss too. Hopefully we get both.

I always thought Vaati was grown up, honestly. But yes, it could work. Maybe the 4-Sword will come into play, or possibly, it could take place in between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, as there seems to be a large gap there in the timeline, and Vaati could easily appear there, but I'm not going to hold out too much hope for him in Zelda U. (Although it would be nice)

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I'm also holding out hope for him in HW, although I think I'd more prefer him to be playable in his Minish form, the eyeball form could work well as boss too. Hopefully we get both.

I always thought Vaati was grown up, honestly. But yes, it could work. Maybe the 4-Sword will come into play, or possibly, it could take place in between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, as there seems to be a large gap there in the timeline, and Vaati could easily appear there, but I'm not going to hold out too much hope for him in Zelda U. (Although it would be nice)
we might get a 3ds game with him

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Y'know something? Vaati may not be a bad idea. We could get a stage from Minish Cap out of this where all the fighters are Minish size! That would be awesome!

Autumn ♫

Seems like Nintendo's advertising Minish Cap on the E-Shop pretty good right now, with this, the large emphasis on the 4-Swords Anniversary Edition being put on the E-Shop, and the Anniversary Edition being treated as a completely new game, which came out only 2 months before Skyward Sword, I think Vaati's in a very good position right now.

Obviously trying to get more of a conversation on this thread again.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Obviously trying to get more of a conversation on this thread again.
Lol I know that exact feel because it's a problem I'm living some times for my thread. It's annoying but that's the downside of the minority. Though, getting over that is the key. Jut to say don't loose hope you actually have my respect for still supporting a lot a character worthy but unpopular. You're not alone and I feel the same things. I still think that him getting the least of rep is still pretty possible and that I even have reasons to think so. Look at how much zelda is getting more rep in any way so expanding rep may equal rep for vaati (music? assist? hazard? or the least likely but sure would be good playable?) Only time will tell but I wish you good luck on your support.

Autumn ♫

Lol I know that exact feel because it's a problem I'm living some times for my thread. It's annoying but that's the downside of the minority. Though, getting over that is the key. Jut to say don't loose hope you actually have my respect for still supporting a lot a character worthy but unpopular. You're not alone and I feel the same things. I still think that him getting the least of rep is still pretty possible and that I even have reasons to think so. Look at how much zelda is getting more rep in any way so expanding rep may equal rep for vaati (music? assist? hazard? or the least likely but sure would be good playable?) Only time will tell but I wish you good luck on your support.
Thanks, I remember back when I first joined SmashBoards, and I was the only person here who thought Vaati was a good, fairly likely choice. While others have thought he would be pretty much impossible, and that Toon Zelda and Tingle were the most likely. Now, Vaati's considered among the top 3 contenders for a newcomer, along with Impa and Ghirahim, so really I'm happy at what's already happened, and seeing him anywhere in the game would be fine for me(most preferably playable, obviously) I wish you the same good luck with Paper Mario.

Still waiting for the grand Hyrule Warriors revival.
And you shall see the happiest from me on that beautiful day, only wish it would come sooner. :laugh:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'd like to be added to the supporter list. Since Skull Kid is disconfirmed, Vaati is now my most wanted Zelda character.

Autumn ♫

I'd like to be added to the supporter list. Since Skull Kid is disconfirmed, Vaati is now my most wanted Zelda character.
And you've been added. Welcome to the team! The support group also seems to be getting pretty large. (Or at least from a standard of a not too highly requested character or one thought of as a shoo-in) But as Dr.Robotnic likes to say.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
And you've been added. Welcome to the team! The support group also seems to be getting pretty large. (Or at least from a standard of a not too highly requested character or one thought of as a shoo-in) But as Dr.Robotnic likes to say.
Sorry I'm late, I find Vaati to be one of the more deserving potential Zelda newcomers. I'm not a fan of Ghirahim. Like, not at all.
I think Vaati and Tingle(not a fan of him either) are the most worthy and Tingle is an Assist Trophy so we'll see. I think Vaati is somewhat unlikely sadly, but we'll see.

jigglover

Smash Lord
If Agitha doesn't get in (she totally should though) I definitely wouldn't mind Vaati. He represents yet another part of the Zelda timeline.

Link -- Child Timeline (it looks weird but it's true lol. Adult Link is the shortest out of the two of them. You may argue that Young Link being included disproves this point, but he's not in any more, and Young Link isn't actually in the child timeline iirc.)
Toon Link -- Adult Timeline (apocalypse yay!)
Vaati -- The rest of the timeline (four swords adventure IS part of the child timeline, however Vaati's first 2 games take place just after Skyward Sword, so I consider him to represent the times before OoT).

The fact that Sheik is in the game, who represents the split between timelines, also makes it really quite likely that Sakurai cares about the Timeline with his representation.

Autumn ♫

Top Bottom