• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Evil Minish Vaati is reborn for SSB4!-Sign the Petition to Add Vaati to Hyrule Warriors!

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Yeah, that's what I see, as Tetra and Toon Zelda don't seem to help fill that role, neither does Tingle, and Impa is debatable, that's one of the bigger reasons why I think he'd be the best choice for a 5th Zelda character.
You mean probably two of the bigger names in the Toon series?

Yeah, I'd put Toon Zelda and Tetra [Especially Tetra] over Vaati. Other than that, there really is no competition for Vaati. Impa is in more than just the Toon series, and Tingle is too.

Vaati would be fitting, but again. Would much rather see Tetra.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Y'know... there's no rebuttal to the sticker argument yet. You may think that Diddy Kong does, but he appeared multiple times in-between Brawl and Melee, same with Ivysaur, same with ROB, same with Wolf. It doesn't deconfirm Vaati. But you can't give a counter-argument for it as the actual argument is "Sakurai won't reconsider a character completely neglected from the previous installment (really just talking about Brawl) if they have not re-appeared, and are not retro characters". Obviously, if a character gets in a game between installments, they have new merits, a new reason to be added. They have a chance to come up again and be considered. And retro characters aren't retro if they keep showing up, and are usually surprising, so that's why it will never apply to them. Like I said, it doesn't mean he won't be in, but you can't just say "no argument here because of ______." As it has never happened before.
And a re-release is not a new game, if you're going to say that. You don't see the Anniversary Edition with it's own place on the timeline, same with remakes, remakes don't count as their own game too. Just wanted to make that clear. And if any cartoon Legend of Zelda character make it in, I want it to be Vaati, but I would prefer a non-toon character. I'm a fan of Midna, Ghirahim, and Impa, but Vaati and Tetra could easily be made into great 5th reps. Overall, I just want more Zelda stuff. It's my favorite.
Plus, he's very unique, I'm not sure how wind would work as a move... but I'm sure it could... he could even have electricity and his other many forms. But, really, almost all Zelda characters are unique (exception: characters like Toon Zelda, Marin... all the characters that function the same as the triforce trio)
Only Zelda character I actually DON'T want to see is Tingle.
Either way, Vaati NEEDS some representation in Smash 4. Ezlo getting a sticker over him was insulting. (Who liked Ezlo?) Skull Kid upgraded from having 2 stickers to being an assist trophy, so it's possible to get more representation without a new game. I just wouldn't bet on playable, as Skull Kid did extremely well on polls (especially the ones here I think) and is equally recurring.
Remakes do seem to count, with Toon Link being revealed for WW HD, so I wouldn't count the Anniversary Edition any differently. With that game also having two re-releases and one of them being trusted as a 3DS ambassador, I think it should account for something.

You mean probably two of the bigger names in the Toon series?

Yeah, I'd put Toon Zelda and Tetra [Especially Tetra] over Vaati. Other than that, there really is no competition for Vaati. Impa is in more than just the Toon series, and Tingle is too.

Vaati would be fitting, but again. Would much rather see Tetra.
I don't see how another version of a character we already have would be more fitting than a completely new character.

andimidna

Smash Master
Remakes do seem to count, with Toon Link being revealed for WW HD, so I wouldn't count the Anniversary Edition any differently. With that game also having two re-releases and one of them being trusted as a 3DS ambassador, I think it should account for something.

I don't see how another version of a character we already have would be more fitting than a completely new character.
A remake isn't it's own game... and what it got wasn't even a remake. There was no better way to reveal Toon Link. It's the first Zelda on the Wii U but it's a Gamecube game, and will be forever. Even Twilight Princess is truly a Gamecube game, even though it was ported to the Wii first, that was just for strategic sales purposes. I can play Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword on my Wii U too... but that doesn't make the games any more recent then they are. The game is the game itself, re-released. Sure, it could help his chances, but he has not been in a new Zelda since FSA. And I'm willing to bet that most would say this too. When you talk about Vaati, do you ever say he was the main/secondary villain of 4 games. Well I guess you might, but others wouldn't. Until he is in a new Zelda, he will have always been in 3 games.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
A remake isn't it's own game... and what it got wasn't even a remake. There was no better way to reveal Toon Link. It's the first Zelda on the Wii U but it's a Gamecube game, and will be forever. Even Twilight Princess is truly a Gamecube game, even though it was ported to the Wii first, that was just for strategic sales purposes. I can play Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword on my Wii U too... but that doesn't make the games any more recent then they are. The game is the game itself, re-released. Sure, it could help his chances, but he has not been in a new Zelda since FSA. And I'm willing to bet that most would say this too. When you talk about Vaati, do you ever say he was the main/secondary villain of 4 games. Well I guess you might, but others wouldn't. Until he is in a new Zelda, he will have always been in 3 games.
If remakes don't count, then why is Gerudo Valley on the 3DS version instead of the Wii U version?

And five pages! Yay!

andimidna

Smash Master
If remakes don't count, then why is Gerudo Valley on the 3DS version instead of the Wii U version?

And five pages! Yay!
You're not listening to what I'm saying. Listen to what I'm saying.
Can remakes get representation in Smash Bros? Obviously.
Is Vaati more likely because of this re-release? Slightly.
Has Vaati appeared in 4 games? No, he's appeared in 3. FS, MC, FSA.
A re-release is not a new game. It's not "Vaati's big return to the series"
And it's a very common thing in the Zelda series for this kind of thing to happen... although remakes are more prominent than re-releases.
This re-release has nothing to do with Vaati. He plays the same role, says the same things... it's the same game with some added content, but the original game is what's canon and matters. I don't believe re-releases have ever had representation. Remakes and new games? Yes. But we'll have to see what Sakurai does with this one re-release, as he did almost nothing when there were 3 full, new games.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
You're not listening to what I'm saying. Listen to what I'm saying.
Can remakes get representation in Smash Bros? Obviously.
Is Vaati more likely because of this re-release? Slightly.
Has Vaati appeared in 4 games? No, he's appeared in 3. FS, MC, FSA.
A re-release is not a new game. It's not "Vaati's big return to the series"
And it's a very common thing in the Zelda series for this kind of thing to happen... although remakes are more prominent than re-releases.
This re-release has nothing to do with Vaati. He plays the same role, says the same things... it's the same game with some added content, but the original game is what's canon and matters. I don't believe re-releases have ever had representation. Remakes and new games? Yes. But we'll have to see what Sakurai does with this one re-release, as he did almost nothing when there were 3 full, new games.
I don't count remakes as new games, but they add to the relevance of Vaati, so I list them as games with Vaati in them.

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't count remakes as new games, but they add to the relevance of Vaati, so I list them as games with Vaati in them.
It didn't make an impact in the Zelda series... and was mostly overlooked just like the original games...
I just think there's too much going against him.
All of the Zelda games he's in are among the most obscure... (almost) only hardcore Zelda fans played all of the Capcom Zeldas. I only played Minish Cap and Oracles of Ages, myself.
It just seems like such an "out there" pick.

He isn't the most recent, popular, important, requested, unique, or recurring choice.
Recent- Ravio, Hilda, Yuga
Popular- Ghirahim (RIP Skull Kid)
Important- Impa, Tingle
Requested- Ghirahim (RIP Skull Kid)
Unique- Midna, Twinrova
Recurring- Impa

Some of this is just opinion. But I'll even do what I'd put for 2nd place:

Recent- Ghirahim, Impa, Groose, Demise, Fi
Popular- Tetra, Midna
Important- Twinrova, Vaati
Requested- Tetra, Midna, Vaati
Unique- Vaati, Ghirahim (RIP Skull Kid)
Recurring- Tingle, Twinrova

I'd say he gets some spots for 2nd place groups, but there's so much competition in the Zelda series it's hard to call anybody likely or more deserving than the rest.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
With the success of four player Mario, maybe they're hyping Vaati cause they're planning a download game for the Wii U or 3DS that's revisiting the four swords franchise?

A man can dream…

andimidna

Smash Master
With the success of four player Mario, maybe they're hyping Vaati cause they're planning a download game for the Wii U or 3DS that's revisiting the four swords franchise?

A man can dream…
Are they really "hyping" Vaati though? If Four Swords was revisited I definitely think it'd be on the 3ds. I'm pretty sure somebody already confirmed Zelda U won't have multiplayer. They said it as a response to the misinterpretation of Aonuma in the Direct a long time ago where he mentioned something like "not having to fight alone"... I'm pretty sure it was clarified as referring to a companion (which isn't actually new to the series of course). Or just helpful side characters.
I couldn't see 4 characters side by side in a Zelda similar to 3d world at all... I can't imagine people being happy with that decision. But with the Four Swords camera, sure, for the 3ds in 2016. I hope that's what happens.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It didn't make an impact in the Zelda series... and was mostly overlooked just like the original games...
I just think there's too much going against him.
All of the Zelda games he's in are among the most obscure... (almost) only hardcore Zelda fans played all of the Capcom Zeldas. I only played Minish Cap and Oracles of Ages, myself.
It just seems like such an "out there" pick.

He isn't the most recent, popular, important, requested, unique, or recurring choice.
Recent- Ravio, Hilda, Yuga
Popular- Ghirahim (RIP Skull Kid)
Important- Impa, Tingle
Requested- Ghirahim (RIP Skull Kid)
Unique- Midna, Twinrova
Recurring- Impa

Some of this is just opinion. But I'll even do what I'd put for 2nd place:

Recent- Ghirahim, Impa, Groose, Demise, Fi
Popular- Tetra, Midna
Important- Twinrova, Vaati
Requested- Tetra, Midna, Vaati
Unique- Vaati, Ghirahim (RIP Skull Kid)
Recurring- Tingle, Twinrova

I'd say he gets some spots for 2nd place groups, but there's so much competition in the Zelda series it's hard to call anybody likely or more deserving than the rest.
Recent: He got a rerelease of Four Swords, and a rerelease of the rerelease.
Popular: He isn't the most popular, but there are still a good amount of people who like him.
Important: He's very important, like you said.
Requested: He isn't the most requested, but he still has a fair amount of requests.
Unique: He's very unique, like you said.
Recurring: Vaati and Twinrova are the only recurring Zelda villains.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Are they really "hyping" Vaati though? If Four Swords was revisited I definitely think it'd be on the 3ds. I'm pretty sure somebody already confirmed Zelda U won't have multiplayer. They said it as a response to the misinterpretation of Aonuma in the Direct a long time ago where he mentioned something like "not having to fight alone"... I'm pretty sure it was clarified as referring to a companion (which isn't actually new to the series of course). Or just helpful side characters.
I couldn't see 4 characters side by side in a Zelda similar to 3d world at all... I can't imagine people being happy with that decision. But with the Four Swords camera, sure, for the 3ds in 2016. I hope that's what happens.

Ah, you misinterpreted me a bit. No, they're not hyping him currently, I just meant maybe they'd start. In a perfect world. Cause I want another four swords game. And Vaati to be in Smash. And I thought here was a good place to say it. Cause, I'll let you in on a secret.

This is a Vaati support thread.

Shhh, don't tell anyone.

It's a secret to everybody.

As for four players side by side in a 3d zelda, are you telling me you don't see Hyrule Warriors going for multiple characters? And if they go for that, really, isn't multiplayer just a successful enough game for a sequel away? My psychotic hopes involve a game where Link has to fight a resummoned Horsehead, Agnahim, Twinrova, Vaati, Veran, Onox, Zant, Ganon, and even the demon king guy from Spirit tracks (eight dungeons and Ganon, maybe replace someone with Yuga? Sprinkle a dash of shadow link for good measure) I see no reason Link, couldn't be assisted by Ralph or Maple or Din or Naryu (Oracle games), Sheik or Impa, Tetra or Byrne, Linebeck, Link copies from the four sword, hell even Tingle? Franchise has a neat history and it would be cool to see it all come together in ways other than a Subrosian brutally murder an aoniki and feasting on the remains after cooking them inside Jabu Jabu's Belly. Though hey, I'll check that out too.

That said, as I have a 3ds and no wii u. Yeah, I want a four swords on the 3ds. With netplay and a lobby for finding games. Similar in look to A Link Between Worlds. Can this release tomorrow? I'm also okay with it releasing today.

Maybe they can get to the root of why people who play music in the woods always get turned into stone or a tree?

Autumn ♫

First of all, I apologize for those of you who supported TwinRova as a playable character, if there are any in here.

Second of all, I believe TwinRova's deconfirmation really helps Vaati's chances for being in Smash, as they were the only other reoccuring villain in Zelda, besides Ganondorf and Vaati. So, out of all the villain possibilities, Vaati definitely has the upper hand, if not before. Only other large characters I can see as threats to Vaati are Tingle. Tetra, and Impa. We may be getting closer to a potential Vaati reveal. :grin:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Twinrova's disconfirmation as a character but confirmation as a game appearance makes me feel Vaati has a lot better of a shot of being an assist trophy. As much as I want him to be a character. Which is a lot.

And Ghirahim is just some lame pre Vaati. Zant only took one LInk to beat up and he didn't even need thumbs. Vaati required four Link's to beat. Even in one player minish cap.

Four Sword > Master Sword.
Four Sword > Mario's Double Cherry. Cause it's a sword.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

Haha I was laughing at that as an argument. It's pretty terrible.
I'm fearing you were being serious, so here. I haven't messed around too much with editing the OP lately, but I think you should get the gist of what I'm saying.

Why should Vaati be in before the likes of Ghirahim or Zant?
Vaati should be in before them as he has not been a one-time only villian, like the above have been. Vaati has appeared in 3 games being the major villian in Minish Cap and Four Swords and 2nd only to Ganon in Four Swords Adventures. He also still has a good amount of popularity left in him, being the one of the most wanted Zelda characters.
Twinrova's disconfirmation as a character but confirmation as a game appearance makes me feel Vaati has a lot better of a shot of being an assist trophy. As much as I want him to be a character. Which is a lot.
I hope he does, I feel that he should be in the game one way or another, with playability being the best thing possible.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
First of all, I apologize for those of you who supported TwinRova as a playable character, if there are any in here.

Second of all, I believe TwinRova's deconfirmation really helps Vaati's chances for being in Smash, as they were the only other reoccuring villain in Zelda, besides Ganondorf and Vaati. So, out of all the villain possibilities, Vaati definitely has the upper hand, if not before. Only other large characters I can see as threats to Vaati are Tingle. Tetra, and Impa. We may be getting closer to a potential Vaati reveal. :grin:
I supported Twinrova. :(

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I'm fearing you were being serious, so here. I haven't messed around too much with editing the OP lately, but I think you should get the gist of what I'm saying.

I hope he does, I feel that he should be in the game one way or another, with playability being the best thing possible.
Oh no no. Vaati is probably the second best Zelda rep right after Toon Zelda.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Oh no no. Vaati is probably the second best Zelda rep right after Toon Zelda.
You mean Tetra, right? Cause Toon Zelda by itself is kind of lame, and the idea of toon sheik is horrid.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
You mean Tetra, right? Cause Toon Zelda by itself is kind of lame, and the idea of toon sheik is horrid.
Well it would be a duo if they put T. Zelda in. Like Zelda and Sheik are a duo. It wouldn't be either. So when I say Toon Zelda I really mean T. Zelda/Tetra not one or the other. While the idea isn't as unique as Vaati, it is more likely for Sakurai to add the pair in over him.

Autumn ♫

Well it would be a duo if they put T. Zelda in. Like Zelda and Sheik are a duo. It wouldn't be either. So when I say Toon Zelda I really mean T. Zelda/Tetra not one or the other. While the idea isn't as unique as Vaati, it is more likely for Sakurai to add the pair in over him.
Every time I think of Toon Zelda, the less likelier I find her to be. Seeing how Sakurai is aiming more towards uniqueness this game, I can see Sakurai skipping over her. I can see Tetra by herself though.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Every time I think of Toon Zelda, the less likelier I find her to be. Seeing how Sakurai is aiming more towards uniqueness this game, I can see Sakurai skipping over her. I can see Tetra by herself though.
I just really think it would be weird to see Tetra w/o T. Zelda since they are the same and T. Zelda has been in more games.

Autumn ♫

So, you know how when it's your birthday and your have this tiny amount of hope that you favorite character will be revealed on the PotD that day? Well, that happened to me last Friday. How could you forget Sakurai? Who else has Dr.Piccolo as their avatar and has a never ending support for Vaati? :c

Eh, maybe sometime in September he may be revealed. Got to keep those hopes up. :)

Cpt.

Smash Lord
So, you know how when it's your birthday and your have this tiny amount of hope that you favorite character will be revealed on the PotD that day? Well, that happened to me last Friday. How could you forget Sakurai? Who else has Dr.Piccolo as their avatar and has a never ending support for Vaati? :c

Eh, maybe sometime in September he may be revealed. Got to keep those hopes up. :)
Huh well it was my birthday and SSBB's birthday on Sunday, March 9th and nothing special happened which is VERY odd.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Found some cool Vaati fan-art.

A more cartoony version of my avatar.

A realistic depiction of Vaati.

Cool drawing.

Awesome anime-like image.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think Vaati is the next best Zelda character to be added.
He is the most important recurring character, would be a Toon counter to Link, adds a wizard, a villain, and a flying character.
I love that cursing aspect too, but I'd add in that it changes how other characters play, so that the movesets or possibly even movements are alterd in some way. To me that would be quite a unique thing.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Whenever people say "smash needs more villains!" the only characters they mention are Ridley, King K. Rool, and occasionally Mewtwo. I feel like Vaati needs to be mentioned more when discussing possible ssb4 villains, as he would make a perfect addition to the lineup.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Todays Wind item could be a good sign. Or a bad one. But it shows more of how wind can be used, @ andimidna andimidna

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Figured I'd come by and say I support Vaati too.
As for his competition: The only other characters I may want to play as/against would be Wolf Link (unlikely) and/or Midna (needs more than 1 game, Perhaps a prequel to Twilight princess since the mirror was shattered in TP?).

I'd have to play the Oracle games, Skyward sword, and a Link to the past, but Impa doesn't seem to be that important in any of the other games she's in (and I confused her with Shiek during OoT, since they both help link and look very similar. Darn Sheikahs). However, replacing Shiek with Impa and making it a new character slot would be fine by me. Having them both is a bad thing imo.
As much as I hate Tingle, I feel he is the largest competition for Vaati, because he is in a lot of Zelda games, and has his own game series. Though, he does make a lot of sense as an Assist trophy to cause random things to happen, so I hope he stays that way.
Haven't played Skyward sword, but unless there's a way for him to have a prequel, I don't see him having a chance, even if Skyward Sword is the set of events that set everything in motion because there won't be a way for him to appear again.

What worries me the most is that Vaati hasn't been in any games recently. Which is also sad because I also love the Four Swords games. It's like the Nintendo version of Magicka, long before Magicka ever came out (saying that vaguely, don't take that comment too seriously). Gotta love the trolly co-op action, and you have to be careful not to hit your friends, even if it's easy to do so.
The other thing that worries me is that the LoZ roster may seem "complete".

Saw some Four Sword playthrough recently. I forgot that Vaati had such cheesy dialogue... it hurts....... Then again, just about all Zelda villains have cheesy dialogue, with Ganondorf being a cheese connoisseur. I forgot how much I love Vaati's fights and his design though, good thing Vaati won't say much/anything if he gets in Smash, or get the "become tougher" treatment that some characters get.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Yes
Gimmie
*Grabby Hands*

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
What worries me the most is that Vaati hasn't been in any games recently. Which is also sad because I also love the Four Swords games. It's like the Nintendo version of Magicka, long before Magicka ever came out (saying that vaguely, don't take that comment too seriously). Gotta love the trolly co-op action, and you have to be careful not to hit your friends, even if it's easy to do so.
He had Four Swords Anniversary Edition, and then that got rereleased, so he does have some relevance.

Top Bottom