• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Evil Minish Vaati is reborn for SSB4!-Sign the Petition to Add Vaati to Hyrule Warriors!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So. There's a crappy game on IOS called skyquest Zelda edition.

Honestly it's a terrible mashup of clu clu land and some iOS games with just crappy controls. But there are only three characters to be.

A link ripoff
A Zelda ripoff
And a Vaati ripoff.

So mildly fun to play vaati (unlocked when you rate the game with 5 stars. Which the game does not deserve)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still wondering when the heck we will get more news on Hyrule Warriors 3DS. If we are going to get newer characters, Vaati better be one of them since most of his appearances were common on handhelds.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since now we know that Koei will be presenting Hyrule Warriors Legends at the Tokyo Game Show this month, who's hoping for a brand new trailer of the game to show off some newcomers? While I am hoping for Vaati to be shown off, I'm sure we will get a completely different character in addition to more gameplay of The King (Mah boi) and Tetra.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Since now we know that Koei will be presenting Hyrule Warriors Legends at the Tokyo Game Show this month, who's hoping for a brand new trailer of the game to show off some newcomers? While I am hoping for Vaati to be shown off, I'm sure we will get a completely different character in addition to more gameplay of The King (Mah boi) and Tetra.
Vaati is the logical next newcomer in Hyrule Warriors Legends. If he isn't in, that's pretty dumb.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Vaati is the logical next newcomer in Hyrule Warriors Legends. If he isn't in, that's pretty dumb.
True, he's literally the only major Zelda villain left to cover other than the Oracle of Ages/Seasons antagonists (Veron and Onox). He's literally the only newcomer I would be fine with knowing that that they will be scraping at the bottom of the barrel for roster choices soon. Though I would be satisfied regardless since we do need more news on the game (gameplay or more).

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
True, he's literally the only major Zelda villain left to cover other than the Oracle of Ages/Seasons antagonists (Veron and Onox). He's literally the only newcomer I would be fine with knowing that that they will be scraping at the bottom of the barrel for roster choices soon. Though I would be satisfied regardless since we do need more news on the game (gameplay or more).
Well there is Skull Kid and maybe they'll pull a Toon Link.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Well there is Skull Kid and maybe they'll pull a Toon Link.
I never really considered skull kid a villain more of a puppet if you will. if we where to get another character from MM me personally would like to see majora's wrath. I mean just think of the combos.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I never really considered skull kid a villain more of a puppet if you will. if we where to get another character from MM me personally would like to see majora's wrath. I mean just think of the combos.
I don't really care much about Skull Kid (Never played Majora's Mask) but he's still pretty popular. People got bummed when he wasn't a playable character and Tingle was (Why they be hating on my boi?). Majora would be pretty cool as well. Maybe also a Deku Scrub of some sort or Ravio from LBW (this should totally happen after Vaati).

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Man i hope Vaati gets a role/big role in triforce heroes if he's the main villian not only will be stop saying he's not recent enough to be in smash.They also cant say that nintendo has forgotten because that makes his game total 4(iirc).Plus a role in Hyrule warriors 3ds would only help him get a bigger role in zelda titles as a whole

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Aaaaaaaaand Toon Link just got confirmed today. With all of these newcomers being toon based, when the hell is Vaati going to appear in this peace?

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/0...ors-legends-for-nintendo-3ds/#comment-2403904
Wait, he can't be used in Legend mode even though there's a wind waker storyline they're adding? The crap?

Ah well, here's hoping for either a Minish Cap, Link to the Past, or Four Swords expansion. Then you have a shot for Vaati, unfortunately that game doesn't seem to care about the 2D Zeldas. Admittedly Wind Waker can easily bridge that with its sequels.

I'm ready to play Linebeck in Hyrule Warriors.

And Vaati in Smash.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, he can't be used in Legend mode even though there's a wind waker storyline they're adding? The crap?

Ah well, here's hoping for either a Minish Cap, Link to the Past, or Four Swords expansion. Then you have a shot for Vaati, unfortunately that game doesn't seem to care about the 2D Zeldas. Admittedly Wind Waker can easily bridge that with its sequels.

I'm ready to play Linebeck in Hyrule Warriors.

And Vaati in Smash.
Speaking of 2D representation, I've been wondering why they would chose the Helmasaur King over the Helmaroc King. Maybe because the latter would fit the Warriors atmosphere more or they simply didn't want another flying boss. Either way, it does give off a sign that they aren't afraid of having another classic boss in the game.

And like you, I do find it weird that we are playing as Tetra in Legend Mode over him. Maybe they want some form of variety or simply wanted to avoid having another Link as the main playable character in the story?

And you may be right, Vaati's only chance could be mostly a DLC character since he's absent from the 3D toon games unlike Linebeck and the Wind Waker Duo. Tecmo seriously needs to run another poll like they've did the last time in that case.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

So I was excited for the specter knight dlc in shovel knight and I found this on the internet.

Make it happen, Yacht Club, Vaati Knight.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I didn't know this. Hopefully we'll see a Groose and Vaati confirmation. They're the only two characters left who I think really should be playable.
I'm definitely a supporter! (didn't see this thread before oops)
And I'm adding you now. :grin:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So Hyrule Warriors Legends is going to have more characters than are already announced. Hopefully we get Vaati in the game.

Vaati for shoo-in! :awesome:

And other minor features were confirmed like the New 3DS version having stereoscopic 3D and Legends having everything from the Wii U version except Challenge Mode due to the small screen size. Like the first game, Japan will be the lucky ******** having another special edition that will be exclusive to them and Europe won't be so lucky again.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
and Skull Kid is finally playable in HWL

guess we don't have to worry about Lana taking away our s**t with Ezlo taking the spotlight.

Soon

Freduardo

Smash Champion
*crosses fingers for Vaati*
Well, a lot of the other threads I read are doing this, so let's play:

Should Vaati (if included in a new smash game) be a starter, an unlockable character, or DLC? And if Vaati were an unlockable character, how do you think he'd be unlocked?

I'd say unlockable in an event match where you play as Ganondorf, called Four Swords adventures, and you takea 4 vs 1 of Links.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Should Vaati (if included in a new smash game) be a starter, an unlockable character, or DLC? And if Vaati were an unlockable character, how do you think he'd be unlocked?

I'd say unlockable in an event match where you play as Ganondorf, called Four Swords adventures, and you takea 4 vs 1 of Links.
The thing big with Vaati is that he would be a shocking character with that mass appeal for the Zelda fans while needing to be a hidden surprise. So I would love for him to be one of the easiest unlockables in the game and the Four Swords event would be the best way to unlock him.

Another alternative would be to clear Classic Mode on Medium with Gannypoo and the fight between the two dark lords would commence. The perfect song for these unlock fights however should be a remix of his Boss Theme from the first Four Swords game for that nostalgic feeling (also because they more or less share the same theme).

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

He'd definitely be unlockable. I think he'd either be unlockable by clearing Classic with Toon Link or by some sort of 4 Swords Event. Maybe even one simular to unlocking Ganondorf in Melee, by making Vaati super strong while having 4 Toon Links fight against him.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just like the rest of you, the thought of Vaati being in Smash AND Hyrule Warriors Legends would make me shower Nintendo with coconut cream Rupees. Minish Cap and Four Swords were my favorites of the 2D Zeldas since they had that fabulous purple Wind Mage as the main villain star.

Sign me up on that support list
Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫ .

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
While Vaati would be a nice addition to Hyrule Warriors, I feel I should point out: There are NO characters from 2D Zelda games at this point. Not even Link to the Past. I don't think Vaati is going to break that mold. He would be a solid addition, but they need to break that wall first.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
While Vaati would be a nice addition to Hyrule Warriors, I feel I should point out: There are NO characters from 2D Zelda games at this point. Not even Link to the Past. I don't think Vaati is going to break that mold. He would be a solid addition, but they need to break that wall first.
I love Link to the Past, but who from that game is a better idea to break that mold? Agnahim, maybe? It's not like any of the crystal damsels had personality. Sprite/Roam were just in the comics. And Sarasahalla didn't do much. Plus no one who started in this game appeared in other games.

So what other 2D Zeldas could we look at? Zelda 1 didn't have alternate characters. Zelda 2 already has Shadow Link as a costume (though I'd play as Error if I could). We did Link to the Past. Link's awakening could give you Marin/Malon? Be interesting, but she'd be closer to her 3d incarnation. Oracle games give you decent villain characters (Onox, Twinrova, and Veran) and some heroes (Naryu, Farore, Din, Ralph) and fat classic Impa and probably the most interesting non-Vaati (because they're at least semi-recurring) choices: Maple and Syrup. And Link could technically get Ricky, Dmitri, and the other animal as weapons I guess.

But Vaati's in three games rather than the usual one. Twice as the main villain. Once as the fake main villain. And before 3DS, no character from a Toon Zelda game was in Hyrule Warriors. We can hope.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I love Link to the Past, but who from that game is a better idea to break that mold? Agnahim, maybe? It's not like any of the crystal damsels had personality. Sprite/Roam were just in the comics. And Sarasahalla didn't do much. Plus no one who started in this game appeared in other games.

So what other 2D Zeldas could we look at? Zelda 1 didn't have alternate characters. Zelda 2 already has Shadow Link as a costume (though I'd play as Error if I could). We did Link to the Past. Link's awakening could give you Marin/Malon? Be interesting, but she'd be closer to her 3d incarnation. Oracle games give you decent villain characters (Onox, Twinrova, and Veran) and some heroes (Naryu, Farore, Din, Ralph) and fat classic Impa and probably the most interesting non-Vaati (because they're at least semi-recurring) choices: Maple and Syrup. And Link could technically get Ricky, Dmitri, and the other animal as weapons I guess.

But Vaati's in three games rather than the usual one. Twice as the main villain. Once as the fake main villain. And before 3DS, no character from a Toon Zelda game was in Hyrule Warriors. We can hope.
We can. And, you're right, there are few other characters as enduring as him on the 2D games. The only other I can think of is Irene/Maple, the witch who flies around, transports Link, runs in to him and drops her stuff, etcetera.

But I just don't feel like they'd open up the door to the 2D games with just a villain. I think we'd have to get at least a few heroes as well. Maybe a couple of the the Sages from Link Between Worlds?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫ I'm going to invite you to that group so Vaai's thread can still live on. All you have to do is make a new one with the same OP as the original.

Top Bottom