• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Evil Minish Vaati is reborn for SSB4!-Sign the Petition to Add Vaati to Hyrule Warriors!

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Push and pull effects. He's a wind mage - he could occupy a very unique niche in the roster, and it would be a shame if it was left unfilled.
This is a really awesome idea and it would definitely make him stand out among the other fighters and make his moveset unique.

Anyway, after much thinking i ended up voting for Vaati in the suggestions poll, let's hope for the best!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Maybe I've asked this before, maybe I haven't.

What would you rather have:

A new Four Swords game, or Vaati in Smash?

I actually would rather the first one.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Given both of your responses let me edit:

A new Four Swords Game WITH drop in/out Netplay, or Vaati in Smash, Or Vaati in Hyrule Warriors?

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I signed the petition .^ ^.
Go ahead and add me to the supporters list too~
I support more magical based fighters in Smash, and we definitely need a new Zelda character for once! (We haven't had more than 5 since melee, and that was over 13 years ago :()
Also I like Vaati more than Impa or the other "side" Zelda villains :skull:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Other discussion starter for this thread.

Other than Vaati, who is your favorite "side" zelda villain?

The main events:
Malladus (Demon King from Spirit Tracks)
Bellum (Zerg-like balloon from Phantom Hourglass. Call him Bellumbeck if you want)
The Nightmares (Link's Awakening)
Yuga (the alternate dimension's answer to Ganon. Won't include Yuga's puppetmaster because you never fight them)
Onox (oracle of seasons)
Veran (oracle of ages)
Majora's Wrath (Skull kid if you want to call him that)

[Demise not included for the fact that calling him a 'side' villain is odd]

Backing Up Evil:
Twinrova (Lots of games. Notable for the Oracle series)
Agnahim (Link to the Past)
Shadow Link (Lots of games. Notable for Zelda II and Four Swords Adventures)
Zant (Twilight Princess)
Ghirahim (Skyward Sword... if it revealed that he is Vaati as is one theory, I have no idea if you can vote for him.)
Cia
Wizro
Volga (The Warriors three!)
Byrne (Probably the coolest character in spirit tracks)

Me, I like Byrne. I think his design is the coolest of this list. But for personality because I'm forever tainted by comics I read in Nintendo Power as a kid, Agnahim wins it. And if I'm forgetting a character you think should be included, tell me that too.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Well, it's getting closer and closer to the release of Smash Bros and that means the Final Roster! (unless we get it sooner through leak) I'd just like to thank all of you guys who sticked with me all the way with the Vaati support and supporting me support Vaati, if that makes sense. :awesome:

It's been a long 2-year journey since I first started supporting the Wind Mage, and over time, I have seen people's thoughs of him evolving over time. Back when I first supported him, almost no one thought he had any sort of chance, especially here at SmashBoards, however over time, he's become more and more of a popular choice as a Smash candidate, and is now among one of the most likely Zelda newcomers for Smash 4. I would have been able to make it through this without some of you guys though, and here's where the big list comes in. :chuckle:

@Olekidsf
You were the first person to inroduce me to Vaati, and made a big impact on me too, as you were the cause of my love and support for Vaati all this time.

@dimensionsword64
You were one of the biggest supporters of Vaati I've ever seen on this forum, and you made a pretty good second-hand man too. If I were to ever leave SmashBoards and/or Smash Speculation, I would have definitely trusted you with this thread more than everyone else.

@Ghirahilda
I honestly didn't know you were Really Shy Guy until I checked all of my older PMs just now. :laugh:
Anyways, many thanks to you for letting me adopt this thread and let it become the way it is now.

@ Kenith Kenith
Maybe it's just because we had a deal to congratulate each other if our most wanted character got in or not, but also without your crazy Ghirahim support to rival my Vaati support, I probably wouldn't be nearly as enthusiastic about Vaati as I am now.

@DukeNapoleon @Inawordyes
For liking every one of my post dealing with Vaati. :laugh:

And everyone else that's on the support list, I've got to thank all of you to for supporting.

Now, if in the case Vaati doesn't make it into Smash 4 as playable (this will probably be the only time you hear me say that) I do have a request for all of you. If Vaati doesn't make it as an Assist Trophy or Stage element, I would like you all to help me support Vaati for DLC, and if he is in the game, but not playable, and you're planning on staying around here longer, I'd greatly enjoy it if you continued to support Vaati into Smash 5 and to keep asking to have Vaati return in another Zelda game, which would definitely increase his chances by alot.

Now, I'm really glad about all that happened here at SmashBoards and with Vaati for the past 2 years. It's going to be a sad goodbye to this thread after speculation is over, but here's to next Smash Bros if he doesn't become playable! :chuckle:
Uh, hey, Scatman? Would you mind adding my Vaati moveset to the OP? I really worked hard on it!

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I've thought about Vaati being a newcomer for SSB4, but does being in three Zelda games that came out quite awhile ago hurt his chances at all? in terms of relevance and popularity.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I would love to see Vaati in smash 4. He is my favorite Zelda character and he has appeared in 3 games which puts him into the some what relevant zone. I think he could have a great moveset too and his Final Smash would be so obvious.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Wake up, wind mages.

Hyrule Warriors 3DS was leaked today.

They're adding Tetra and King Hyrule as characters. Toon characters are in.

Think Vaati's got a shot now?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wake up, wind mages.

Hyrule Warriors 3DS was leaked today.

They're adding Tetra and King Hyrule as characters. Toon characters are in.

Think Vaati's got a shot now?
Depends, I think? If they would go beyond the console-games. Vaati would basically be a lock as he's the most major GBA Zelda-antagonist and character, TBH.

Anyway, let me go back on fangirling to Tetra now.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
what are the chances of Vaati appearing in Zelda - Tri Force Heroes? (aka Zelda - "Three Swords")

Reader

Smash Apprentice
I hope that Vaati appears, but unfortunately his storyline isn't strongly linked to Trioforce. However, I think that Vaati has a chance, because he had a big role in previous multiplayer Zeldas. At leas now he has a good chance to appear in Tri Force heroes or in Hyrule Warriors 3DS.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wait.
There's a theory that Vaati is actually Ghirahim.
Instant support.
I honestly believe HW would of been ten times more enjoyable had Ghirahim and Vaati interacted. No offence to Zant, but I can imagine the two of them having great dialogue together, especially if they're the same reincarnated soul...

...then again, there's also the theory that Vaati is part of Demise's curse alongside Ganondorf...

Can HW2 clear this up please?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I support any Zelda character that has the potential to be unique or fun.
As it stands, the existing cast is neither.
Well, that's because
1. You've gotten the opportunity to play all of them in previous iterations
2. Ganondorf is still a semi-clone (WHY?)
3. Toon Link doesn't have a Deku Leaf (which he really should, it would be very fun especially if they gave him something like Peach's float with it).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So where's that petition for Vaati in Hyrule Warriors, I need to sign that. Also keep voting for him in the ballot :chuckle:
That petition had been closed since last year. Now it's up to the developers to choose the new characters themselves or look at the requests from that said petition to pick them.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I like how we have all the elements besides Earth (Isaac) and Air/Wind (Vaati). Yes, I know that Robin has his Up B but its not really windy and there's Link Gale Boomerang but that doesn't really count. Both of them getting in would be great. Then again, I just really want to see a character make a tornado in front of him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
what are the chances of Vaati appearing in Zelda - Tri Force Heroes? (aka Zelda - "Three Swords")
Heaps better than in Hyrule Warriors and Smash. Sorry.
I like how we have all the elements besides Earth (Isaac) and Air/Wind (Vaati). Yes, I know that Robin has his Up B but its not really windy and there's Link Gale Boomerang but that doesn't really count. Both of them getting in would be great. Then again, I just really want to see a character make a tornado in front of him.
Actually, one veteran actually covers both elements... :4dk:

Last edited:
Top Bottom