• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Evil Minish Vaati is reborn for SSB4!-Sign the Petition to Add Vaati to Hyrule Warriors!

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
You're talking about Ghirahim, right? Minish Cap was awesome and Vaati was a good villain in it.
Minish Cap was abyssmal and the worst Zelda game in existance and Vaati was the only good thing about it

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Minish Cap was abyssmal and the worst Zelda game in existance and Vaati was the only good thing about it
I loved Minish Cap. It was a way better game then Spirit Tracks, and slightly better then Phantom Hourglass.

Minish Cap right up there with Oracle of Seasons and Ages. GBA did Zelda right, better than DS.

As such, Vaati and Impa are my last hopes for LoZ getting at least ONE new rep. I support the dark wind mage.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I'd love Vaati to be in this game. I loved his design ever since Minish Cap and I think he'd be the best Zelda newcomer (That's probably down to my love for mages and magic, especially wind magic)
Even then, I will still call the CDI Zeldas the worst in the series, because that is what they are.

Anyways, what do you guys think will be Vaati's strongest attribute when it comes to his moveset?
His strongest attribute would probably be strong knockback and many push elements of his wind magic moveset. He can simply push you away from the edge as you're trying to recover so you fall helplessly. He definitely needs a laughing taunt if he can do that.
I see him as being a glass cannon who's very light thanks to his wind properties as well.

Last edited:

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
You're talking about Ghirahim, right? Minish Cap was awesome and Vaati was a good villain in it.
Are we both in the minority on the fact that we believe Skyward Sword was a bad game (okay maybe not bad, but not better than Orcarina of Time by a long shot).

Regardless if Tingle wasn't confirmed to be an Assist Trophy, Vaati would be my second choice (making it my first choice now). But I'd just be happy to see Zelda have any newcomer, and so far the leaks aren't suggesting that we will see a new Zelda rep.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Along the theory that Palutena just uses the moves of other characters (by theory, I mean the Famitsu leak even compared her moves to other characters- she used her Pikachu like skull bash next to Pikachu)

What if that one attack is a Vaati style wind attack? The one with no knockback but wide range and damage?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Along the theory that Palutena just uses the moves of other characters (by theory, I mean the Famitsu leak even compared her moves to other characters- she used her Pikachu like skull bash next to Pikachu)

What if that one attack is a Vaati style wind attack? The one with no knockback but wide range and damage?
do you have a link to the leak

Luminario

Smash Lord

You mean Heavenly Light? I doubt it. The only reason they compared Palutena and Pikachu there is because Angelic Missile and Skull Bash is identical in execution. Only a few specials like Warp and Jump Glide can be compared to other characters since the others specials are pretty unique.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You mean Heavenly Light? I doubt it. The only reason they compared Palutena and Pikachu there is because Angelic Missile and Skull Bash is identical in execution. Only a few specials like Warp and Jump Glide can be compared to other characters since the others specials are pretty unique.
Which of her moves are unique?
There is even a line in Palutena's trailer about being able to do that which men can do (Pit) but better. To me, that's the whole point of her gimmick.
All of the lines in the trailers are said to inform us about the characters (well, when the characters tell us directly about who they are). Robin, for example, has a line that he is 'no ordinary swordsman.' I think that was to appease the fans about 'another swordsman.'
do you have a link to the leak
Not leak as much as scanned images of her moves.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Which of her moves are unique?
There is even a line in Palutena's trailer about being able to do that which men can do (Pit) but better. To me, that's the whole point of her gimmick.
All of the lines in the trailers are said to inform us about the characters (well, when the characters tell us directly about who they are). Robin, for example, has a line that he is 'no ordinary swordsman.' I think that was to appease the fans about 'another swordsman.'

Not leak as much as scanned images of her moves.
Well we've never had anything like Reflect, Auto-Reticle, Lightweight, Heavenly Light or Explosive Flame before and those are just the really unique ones.
I'm pretty sure the "anything you can do I can do better" thing was just to reference that fact that Palutena thinks shes a superior fighter (she totally is but lets not get into that)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well we've never had anything like Reflect, Auto-Reticle, Lightweight, Heavenly Light or Explosive Flame before and those are just the really unique ones.
I'm pretty sure the "anything you can do I can do better" thing was just to reference that fact that Palutena thinks shes a superior fighter (she totally is but lets not get into that)
It may have been, but all the comments these videos have which fighters give tend to be big hints.
Reflect is a good deal like Phantom, but it clearly could be a lot like Isaac's move (meaning, identical) if he is in. Auto-reticle so far seems to be Duck Hunt. I'm not sure I understand Explosive Flame, but even Smashpedia relates it immediately to Din's Fire.

Luminario

Smash Lord
It may have been, but all the comments these videos have which fighters give tend to be big hints.
Reflect is a good deal like Phantom, but it clearly could be a lot like Isaac's move (meaning, identical) if he is in. Auto-reticle so far seems to be Duck Hunt. I'm not sure I understand Explosive Flame, but even Smashpedia relates it immediately to Din's Fire.
I'd say Explosive Flame is more along the lines of a half arsed smart bomb at a set distance away from Palutena. Reflect is also a very slowly moving wall that I'm pretty sure deals damage. With Auto-Reticle you're pretty much right on the mark.
Hang on how did we get into a discussion about the uniqueness of Palutena's specials?
Back to your original point I'd say that most of Vaati's specials would have high knockback due to being wind based.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd say Explosive Flame is more along the lines of a half arsed smart bomb at a set distance away from Palutena. Reflect is also a very slowly moving wall that I'm pretty sure deals damage. With Auto-Reticle you're pretty much right on the mark.
Hang on how did we get into a discussion about the uniqueness of Palutena's specials?
Back to your original point I'd say that most of Vaati's specials would have high knockback due to being wind based.
That makes Reflect seem even more like MOVE from Golden Sun, a very potential Isaac.
We got into this conversation because I said that one of Vaati's moves could easily have been taken as source for Palutena.

Luminario

Smash Lord
That makes Reflect seem even more like MOVE from Golden Sun, a very potential Isaac.
We got into this conversation because I said that one of Vaati's moves could easily have been taken as source for Palutena.
Yeah it's essentially a really slow Move.
Ah yes that's how. well you know my stance on that: high knockback, wind based, etc etc

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah it's essentially a really slow Move.
Ah yes that's how. well you know my stance on that: high knockback, wind based, etc etc
I'm not sure I do know your stance on it..
That it hints at Vaati? But of course :p

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well, it's getting closer and closer to the release of Smash Bros and that means the Final Roster! (unless we get it sooner through leak) I'd just like to thank all of you guys who sticked with me all the way with the Vaati support and supporting me support Vaati, if that makes sense. :awesome:

It's been a long 2-year journey since I first started supporting the Wind Mage, and over time, I have seen people's thoughs of him evolving over time. Back when I first supported him, almost no one thought he had any sort of chance, especially here at SmashBoards, however over time, he's become more and more of a popular choice as a Smash candidate, and is now among one of the most likely Zelda newcomers for Smash 4. I would have been able to make it through this without some of you guys though, and here's where the big list comes in. :chuckle:

@Olekidsf
You were the first person to inroduce me to Vaati, and made a big impact on me too, as you were the cause of my love and support for Vaati all this time.

@ D dimensionsword64
You were one of the biggest supporters of Vaati I've ever seen on this forum, and you made a pretty good second-hand man too. If I were to ever leave SmashBoards and/or Smash Speculation, I would have definitely trusted you with this thread more than everyone else.

@ Ghirahilda Ghirahilda
I honestly didn't know you were Really Shy Guy until I checked all of my older PMs just now. :laugh:
Anyways, many thanks to you for letting me adopt this thread and let it become the way it is now.

@KenithTheGatherer
Maybe it's just because we had a deal to congratulate each other if our most wanted character got in or not, but also without your crazy Ghirahim support to rival my Vaati support, I probably wouldn't be nearly as enthusiastic about Vaati as I am now.

@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon @Inawordyes
For liking every one of my post dealing with Vaati. :laugh:

And everyone else that's on the support list, I've got to thank all of you to for supporting.

Now, if in the case Vaati doesn't make it into Smash 4 as playable (this will probably be the only time you hear me say that) I do have a request for all of you. If Vaati doesn't make it as an Assist Trophy or Stage element, I would like you all to help me support Vaati for DLC, and if he is in the game, but not playable, and you're planning on staying around here longer, I'd greatly enjoy it if you continued to support Vaati into Smash 5 and to keep asking to have Vaati return in another Zelda game, which would definitely increase his chances by alot.

Now, I'm really glad about all that happened here at SmashBoards and with Vaati for the past 2 years. It's going to be a sad goodbye to this thread after speculation is over, but here's to next Smash Bros if he doesn't become playable! :chuckle:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I personally think Minish Cap being for sale in the SMASH SALE as a Zelda game, Toon Link being a starting character, Trophy Theory, and Palutena's move, all may indicate Vaati being in.

Let's not be so adamant 'about DLC yet!

Though in such a case, absolutely! Let's start by advocating he be in Hyrule Warriors! I think he is a guarantee for the Toon Roster selection whenever that is announced (along with Tetra). Too bad the developers were scared(?) to tackle that world.

Thanks for the recognition man, I do in fact like everyone of your Vaati posts.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Well, it's getting closer and closer to the release of Smash Bros and that means the Final Roster! (unless we get it sooner through leak) I'd just like to thank all of you guys who sticked with me all the way with the Vaati support and supporting me support Vaati, if that makes sense. :awesome:

It's been a long 2-year journey since I first started supporting the Wind Mage, and over time, I have seen people's thoughs of him evolving over time. Back when I first supported him, almost no one thought he had any sort of chance, especially here at SmashBoards, however over time, he's become more and more of a popular choice as a Smash candidate, and is now among one of the most likely Zelda newcomers for Smash 4. I would have been able to make it through this without some of you guys though, and here's where the big list comes in. :chuckle:

@Olekidsf
You were the first person to inroduce me to Vaati, and made a big impact on me too, as you were the cause of my love and support for Vaati all this time.

@ D dimensionsword64
You were one of the biggest supporters of Vaati I've ever seen on this forum, and you made a pretty good second-hand man too. If I were to ever leave SmashBoards and/or Smash Speculation, I would have definitely trusted you with this thread more than everyone else.

@ Ghirahilda Ghirahilda
I honestly didn't know you were Really Shy Guy until I checked all of my older PMs just now. :laugh:
Anyways, many thanks to you for letting me adopt this thread and let it become the way it is now.

@KenithTheGatherer
Maybe it's just because we had a deal to congratulate each other if our most wanted character got in or not, but also without your crazy Ghirahim support to rival my Vaati support, I probably wouldn't be nearly as enthusiastic about Vaati as I am now.

@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon @Inawordyes
For liking every one of my post dealing with Vaati. :laugh:

And everyone else that's on the support list, I've got to thank all of you to for supporting.

Now, if in the case Vaati doesn't make it into Smash 4 as playable (this will probably be the only time you hear me say that) I do have a request for all of you. If Vaati doesn't make it as an Assist Trophy or Stage element, I would like you all to help me support Vaati for DLC, and if he is in the game, but not playable, and you're planning on staying around here longer, I'd greatly enjoy it if you continued to support Vaati into Smash 5 and to keep asking to have Vaati return in another Zelda game, which would definitely increase his chances by alot.

Now, I'm really glad about all that happened here at SmashBoards and with Vaati for the past 2 years. It's going to be a sad goodbye to this thread after speculation is over, but here's to next Smash Bros if he doesn't become playable! :chuckle:
Aw thanks! I feel so touched.

First, I'm going to see if there actually is character DLC. I don't support Smash Bros DLC, so I'm going to see if we actually get DLC before I start advocating for a character to become DLC.

I'll definitely support him for Smash 5, though. :ness:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
So, who's ready for the Vaati reveal on Friday? :awesome:
Though I think Vaati has the biggest chance for a new Zelda rep, I'm not expecting him pre-release. Friday will probably be one of the "Hype 3", or whatever they're called. Not complaining if it's him though, I'll embrace him with open arms.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Though I think Vaati has the biggest chance for a new Zelda rep, I'm not expecting him pre-release. Friday will probably be one of the "Hype 3", or whatever they're called. Not complaining if it's him though, I'll embrace him with open arms.
I don't think the "Hype 3" are very popular in Japan as they are on here. Since the direct coincides with the Japanese release I'd say it would be someone that they would like to see.
Vaati certainly seems more like a secret unlockable.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
I don't think the "Hype 3" are very popular in Japan as they are on here. Since the direct coincides with the Japanese release I'd say it would be someone that they would like to see.
Vaati certainly seems more like a secret unlockable.
Mewtwo is definately popular. I don't know about the other two(though I heard that K.Rool was on the top 5 for anticipated newomers, I honestly don't remember much), but yeah, Vaati's probably a secret.

I've been wondering this for a while, but is it possible that characters could be added in via updates?
We already know this time the developer team will be sticking for some time(due to online), and Sakurai did say he wanted Smash 4 to be the best character game, so we could be getting some more than what we expected. But I don't see him as the guy who perfers DLC.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is definately popular. I don't know about the other two(though I heard that K.Rool was on the top 5 for anticipated newomers, I honestly don't remember much), but yeah, Vaati's probably a secret.

I've been wondering this for a while, but is it possible that characters could be added in via updates?
We already know this time the developer team will be sticking for some time(due to online), and Sakurai did say he wanted Smash 4 to be the best character game, so we could be getting some more than what we expected. But I don't see him as the guy who perfers DLC.
I honestly have no idea who's popular in Japan besides Shulk. Cmon obscure Japanese Retro character *coughLipcough*
It would be a really good idea to add in characters or just any more content as free updates instead of DLC but if I have to pay I probably will.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Never has the title been so relevant.

Maybe around Monday (since that's the only day I really have off this week from marching band) expect a huge OP change. Going to be making this around DLC now.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Put me on board for vaati he deserves to be in.Original moveset,Can come up with a come moveset and Creative music

Last edited by a moderator:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Vaati should atleast have a trophy or a remix in smash the fact he's not mentioned or shown at all is just cruel

Top Bottom