• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Evil Minish Vaati is reborn for SSB4!-Sign the Petition to Add Vaati to Hyrule Warriors!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I love that I got Four Swords Anniversary Edition for free, but I wish they'd leave it on the e-shop so future 3DS owners can play some four swords with me.

Also I really really really really really can't wait for the day they revisit ideas to a point I get a Four Swords game with net play.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well, we somehow managed to survive the slaughter of characters that was the Smash Bros. Nintendo direct, which also took away another competitor of ours, Midna, who was a large competitor back in Brawl. Seems like Vaati's the only one left that was huge in Brawl's time that's not in the game in some way. (The huge guys were Midna and Toon Link btw) and each Zelda newcomer seemed to get hit with some blow, with Tetra it was the Bombchu, which many predicted would be one of Tetra's moves.
With Midna and Skull Kid, we already know what happened to them
Tingle, while it seems that he was safe, I believe will be appearing on Termina Bay. As for why I think Termina Bay will be brought back, Skull Kid for some odd reason doesn't have anything to do with the moon falling, which happens on Termina Bay, which if confirmed, would largely hurt or even deconfirm Tingle.

It seems as though Ghirahim and Vaati were the only ones who weren't hurt due to the direct. Hopefully this will help point Vaati into the playable direction.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, we somehow managed to survive the slaughter of characters that was the Smash Bros. Nintendo direct, which also took away another competitor of ours, Midna, who was a large competitor back in Brawl. Seems like Vaati's the only one left that was huge in Brawl's time that's not in the game in some way. (The huge guys were Midna and Toon Link btw) and each Zelda newcomer seemed to get hit with some blow, with Tetra it was the Bombchu, which many predicted would be one of Tetra's moves.
With Midna and Skull Kid, we already know what happened to them
Tingle, while it seems that he was safe, I believe will be appearing on Termina Bay. As for why I think Termina Bay will be brought back, Skull Kid for some odd reason doesn't have anything to do with the moon falling, which happens on Termina Bay, which if confirmed, would largely hurt or even deconfirm Tingle.

It seems as though Ghirahim and Vaati were the only ones who weren't hurt due to the direct. Hopefully this will help point Vaati into the playable direction.
I'm glad I'm not the only one with that same theory on Tingle.
It's especially viable because also:
1. Melee stages confirmed to return (Jungle Japes)
2. Majora's Mask references and possible remake could lead to a stage being almost necessary

And you already mentioned how Skull Kid doesn't have the moon.
I think Toon Zelda and Tetra were also hurt because:
1. They are now in competition with each other due to transformations deconfirmed
2. We already have a 2nd Zelda playable with her own slot in the form of Sheik

And less significantly, Toon Zelda was hurt by:
1. Greninja being very unique like the rest of the newcomers
2. Wii Fit Trainer finally showing that she has been unique the whole time, with her own gimmick.

Not looking so good for a Zelda clone at this point, you didn't mention...

Impa was hurt by:
1. Sheik confirmed, 95% of her fans wanted her to replace Sheik
2. Less significantly, Greninja was confirmed. There are 2 ninjas now. She's just not happening.

Classic Ganon was hurt by:
1. Transformations deconfirmed
A good amount of his supporters, including me, just wanted Dorf to transform into him. Not him as his own slot.

Ghirahim was possibly helped because of the Fi trophy, and all of the SS references with 2 more TP characters confirmed. We don't have SS characters.
Vaati was helped by the lowered chances of every other toon character.
Both were helped by less competition, both also both were significantly helped by Midna as an Assist Trophy
For a popular character only in one game but prominent in that game... we had Ghirahim vs Midna
For a character Sakurai had seen the large fanbase of pre-Brawl that he'd have in the back of his head till the new game situation... we had Vaati vs Midna

Ghirahim and Vaati are lookin' pretty alright right now.

Autumn ♫

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that same theory on Tingle.
It's especially viable because also:
1. Melee stages confirmed to return (Jungle Japes)
2. Majora's Mask references and possible remake could lead to a stage being almost necessary

And you already mentioned how Skull Kid doesn't have the moon.
I think Toon Zelda and Tetra were also hurt because:
1. They are now in competition with each other due to transformations deconfirmed
2. We already have a 2nd Zelda playable with her own slot in the form of Sheik

And less significantly, Toon Zelda was hurt by:
1. Greninja being very unique like the rest of the newcomers
2. Wii Fit Trainer finally showing that she has been unique the whole time, with her own gimmick.

Not looking so good for a Zelda clone at this point, you didn't mention...

Impa was hurt by:
1. Sheik confirmed, 95% of her fans wanted her to replace Sheik
2. Less significantly, Greninja was confirmed. There are 2 ninjas now. She's just not happening.

Classic Ganon was hurt by:
1. Transformations deconfirmed
A good amount of his supporters, including me, just wanted Dorf to transform into him. Not him as his own slot.

Ghirahim was possibly helped because of the Fi trophy, and all of the SS references with 2 more TP characters confirmed. We don't have SS characters.
Vaati was helped by the lowered chances of every other toon character.
Both were helped by less competition, both also both were significantly helped by Midna as an Assist Trophy
For a popular character only in one game but prominent in that game... we had Ghirahim vs Midna
For a character Sakurai had seen the large fanbase of pre-Brawl that he'd have in the back of his head till the new game situation... we had Vaati vs Midna

Ghirahim and Vaati are lookin' pretty alright right now.
Can't believe I forgot about Impa and Classic Ganon. Especially Impa, as I used to be a supporter of her back in the day.

I also believe that the Phantom also kind of hurts Toon Zelda too, as she may be represented as a Phantom. Just a thought.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
With all the LOZ stuff we have seen, I'm positive we will get another newcomer from the series. After all, the other two series with many items/stages drawn from them (Mario and Kid Icarus) are getting/almost guaranteed to get new characters. Whether it's Ghirahim or Vaati, I'm not sure. Vaati may actually appear in another game soon, while the Fi trophy points to Ghirahim. I'd be overjoyed with either.
Edit: Oh yeah I completely forgot to ask; can you sign me up under supporters?

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I can't remember if I'm a supporter (too lazy to check the OP, haha), but if not I'd definitely not mind having my name on there, as I'm a fan of Vaati and want him as the next LoZ character.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'd like to be a supporter. Vaati is the next most recurring villain after Ganondorf, tied with Skull Kid, and he's pretty much Toon Link's most recurring enemy.

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
Im a big supporter of vaati mostly because he's really the only newcomer Zelda character that would fit perfectly into smash 4. Minda and Skull Kid have already been deconfirmed and Tetra/Toon Zelda and Impa are pretty much pointless now that Sheik is her own character (Toon zelda was a stupid clone request anyways). Now that means Vaatis only competition is Ghriahim or the fact that Sheik is actually the 5th and last zelda character and were not getting anymore. (This is unlikely because pokemon and mario got a newcomer its only fair if zelda gets a new one too) I dont say tingle because hes pretty insignificant to the zelda games by having such a minor role and that hes not really even a fighter. The only real thing tingle has going for him is that he wasnt shown as a assist trophy during the direct this time around but im sure he will be one anyways.

Now for Ghirahim Vs Vaati. First off i know that Ghirahim is more popular then Vaati thats a fact but the popular one is not what sakurai always chooses for his character to represent a franchise. Lets look at the two other big nintendo franchises apposed to zelda that is mario and pokemon. The most popular newcomer requests for those series was Bowser Jr and Zoroark (I know mewtwo was the most popular pokemon but hes still a veteran) But they didnt get in rather semi popular Rosalina and rarely requested Greninja got in. And from that it looks like sakurai is looking for the character who would be the most unique and fun to play not really popularity. Though little mac got in with popularity and has basic moveset he is kinda unique with his power meter but hes the main character of an important nintendo franchise so of course he will get in. Ghirahim on the other hand is a one time semi villain when vaati is the second most popular and present villain in the zelda series compared to ganon as he already appeared 3 times. Also staying on the topic of a unique moveset being better then popularity. Ghirahim uses a one handed straight sword much like marth and once Meta Knight and the 2nd Fire Emblem character get announced we will have 6 sword fighters adding Ghirihim would make 7 plus we already have 2 zelda characters who use swords not much diversity if we get another. Think about it this will be the 6th zelda character in the game we need diversity or else its pretty much a waste of a slot. Vaati can bring his multible forms, dark powers, and wind magic to create a pretty diverse moveset much better then a 7th sword character

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Im a big supporter of vaati mostly because he's really the only newcomer Zelda character that would fit perfectly into smash 4. Minda and Skull Kid have already been deconfirmed and Tetra/Toon Zelda and Impa are pretty much pointless now that Sheik is her own character (Toon zelda was a stupid clone request anyways). Now that means Vaatis only competition is Ghriahim or the fact that Sheik is actually the 5th and last zelda character and were not getting anymore. (This is unlikely because pokemon and mario got a newcomer its only fair if zelda gets a new one too) I dont say tingle because hes pretty insignificant to the zelda games by having such a minor role and that hes not really even a fighter. The only real thing tingle has going for him is that he wasnt shown as a assist trophy during the direct this time around but im sure he will be one anyways.

Now for Ghirahim Vs Vaati. First off i know that Ghirahim is more popular then Vaati thats a fact but the popular one is not what sakurai always chooses for his character to represent a franchise. Lets look at the two other big nintendo franchises apposed to zelda that is mario and pokemon. The most popular newcomer requests for those series was Bowser Jr and Zoroark (I know mewtwo was the most popular pokemon but hes still a veteran) But they didnt get in rather semi popular Rosalina and rarely requested Greninja got in. And from that it looks like sakurai is looking for the character who would be the most unique and fun to play not really popularity. Though little mac got in with popularity and has basic moveset he is kinda unique with his power meter but hes the main character of an important nintendo franchise so of course he will get in. Ghirahim on the other hand is a one time semi villain when vaati is the second most popular and present villain in the zelda series compared to ganon as he already appeared 3 times. Also staying on the topic of a unique moveset being better then popularity. Ghirahim uses a one handed straight sword much like marth and once Meta Knight and the 2nd Fire Emblem character get announced we will have 6 sword fighters adding Ghirihim would make 7 plus we already have 2 zelda characters who use swords not much diversity if we get another. Think about it this will be the 6th zelda character in the game we need diversity or else its pretty much a waste of a slot. Vaati can bring his multible forms, dark powers, and wind magic to create a pretty diverse moveset much better then a 7th sword character
So I didn't actually read this becuase YEAH DARK SOULS!

ok now I'll read it.

andimidna

Smash Master
Alright. I'm likin' Vaati a lot now.

Also... if you're the kind of person that likes it...
Hey, look, listen: http://youtu.be/oidbrYZfYU4
Teh Vaati dubstep is here

Add me as a supporter.
And I'm going to go dig up an old drawing I made of Vaati almost a year ago on miiverse.
Can't remember if it was any good.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Vaati is one of the very few newcomers I would actually get excited about along with Pokey/Porky, K. Rool, a Pokémon Trainer, and Banjo-Kazooie. Out of these, the only ones with a chance are K. Rool and Vaati so they both get my backing 100%.

Vaati is great representation to the series. It might let folks know that are are in fact other characters besides different versions of Zelda, Link, and Ganon.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
I believe that Vaati's chances have increased, since Impa and Toon Zelda are unlikely now (Toon Zelda or Tetra would be third seperate playable form of Zelda, if they would be playable. I don't really think they will make it.). Tingle isn't important to Zelda series; if he will be included, he should represent his own sub-series like Wario does to mario series. Ghirahim is one off villain, who will probably never appear again. He wasn't even the final boss of his game. He has obsessed cult full of fanatics and that's about it. The only real question is whether Zelda will have six or five reps.

Autumn ♫

Added all
Alright. I'm likin' Vaati a lot now.

Also... if you're the kind of person that likes it...
Hey, look, listen: http://youtu.be/oidbrYZfYU4
Teh Vaati dubstep is here

Add me as a supporter.
And I'm going to go dig up an old drawing I made of Vaati almost a year ago on miiverse.
Can't remember if it was any good.
If I may ask, why all of the sudden liking alot?
Heck, I don't even like much dubstep, but that was the exception this time.

I've also added all 3 of you to the OP too and also add andimidna's drawing.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I think Vaati is pretty underrated...
I really hope he gets in to make people close their mouths

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I love Vaati's theme, I just wish it was longer. It just loops after 20-40 seconds depending on which version you listen to.

Yeah, I really don't get why he's so underrated. The best I've heard is that he hasn't been in a game for a while, which is wrong since his last appearance was on September 28, 2011.
Personally I think it has something to do with the fact that handhelds weren't as popular as consoles at the time. I could be wrong on this, but everyone I know had a gamecube instead of a gameboy advanced (and it's rare for people to have more than one system). I could totally be wrong on this though.
Of course, maybe a lot of people that love Zelda, wish for it to remain single player so it feels like they are on an adventure.. Sorta like how a bunch of people were all unhappy about Elder Scrolls Online because they felt it would ruin the whole feel (of course, this would be a significantly lower version of that).

I'm sure there's other reasons, but I think those would be the biggest reasons. I don't have any info to back it up, other than what it was like in my town. :bubblebobble:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I made a Vaati character in Dark Souls II to hold me over in the likely scenario that he doesn't get in..... it's just not going to be the same :(

Popo Nana Power

Smash Apprentice
Vaati is just too adorable. In fact, he'd probably be the most adorable Smash villain yet.

Ghirahim just looks creepy in a bad way, like a molester clown or something. >.>

Ghirahim only appeared in one game too, which I was unable to play because they had make it rely entirely on motion controls (seriously, motion controls are supposed to be "easy", but they always made games unplayably difficult for me...)

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I would support Vaati from the standpoint of secondary villain representation and relevance to the series, but if the character max per series is 5 then we are getting no Zelda newcomers this time around. He is definitely a more reasonable choice than Ghirahim, although I will be completely honest: I would rather play as Ghirahim. And I would rather play as Midna over Ghirahim, and Skull Kid over Chuck Norris lol. Skull Kid is my most wanted character for any series and always will be...

Putting aside opinion and biases however, Vaati deserves a spot for sure.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, does anyone here think they can convince me Vaati has a legitimate chance at appearing in SSB4? He's probably the Zelda newcomer I'd like the most, so I'd like to know if he could actually make it in.

Autumn ♫

So, does anyone here think they can convince me Vaati has a legitimate chance at appearing in SSB4? He's probably the Zelda newcomer I'd like the most, so I'd like to know if he could actually make it in.
I could try, mind telling me your doubts so then I can understand what exactly to help convince you?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I could try, mind telling me your doubts so then I can understand what exactly to help convince you?
I thought I was never going to get a response.

Well, the way I see it, Vaati has a rather unique distinction of being a recurring antagonist in the series that isn't Ganondorf (or his mothers). That alone is rather impressive, and is definitely his best quality as a potential Smash candidate. It gives him an edge over characters like Skull Kid, Midna, and Ghirahim (the former two, of course, are de-confirmed). The main problem I have with Vaati is that he just hasn't appeared much at all within recent years. Now, this might sound a bit hypocritical coming from me, as I am a supporter of King K. Rool, who has a similar issue of "relevancy." However, in comparison to K. Rool, I feel Vaati falls a little short, and I think a comparison between the two would help explain my stance. For one, Vaati's overall importance and impact on the Zelda series is significantly smaller than that of K. Rool's on the Donkey Kong series. K. Rool is a main antagonist, the Ganondorf of his series. I think his significance to his series as a whole is enough to warrant a spot on the roster, even if he's missed some recent installments. Vaati, on the other hand, is only present in three Zelda games in the series. While that is impressive for an antagonist, I don't think it's enough to warrant him being brought back after his long absence. In comparison to K. Rool again, K. Rool also has absurd amounts of popularity on his side, being one of the most requested newcomers for Smash worldwide. Again, this goes a long way in warranting his reappearance after so long. Vaati, as far as I can tell, is only mildly popular as a Smash candidate. He could be left out and there wouldn't be a massive amount of backlash. On the flip side of things, his inclusion could raise the question of "who's that?" (Then again, I don't think that matters too much, as we've already seen a couple of newcomers who evoked that kind of response).

So, I just think that while Vaati has justifications to be on the Smash roster, and would be my choice if it was left entirely up to my personal preference, I think he's a bit dated to be on the roster, and I don't think he's big enough to justify a return, or being included over other possible Zelda characters. There's also the perfectly good chance we just won't get a Zelda newcomer this time, so... Yeah.

Also, I'm aware of Minish Cap being on 3DS Virtual Console, but I don't know if that really makes a significant impact. If you believe it does, and have reasons for why it does, I'm all ears.

Autumn ♫

I thought I was never going to get a response.

Well, the way I see it, Vaati has a rather unique distinction of being a recurring antagonist in the series that isn't Ganondorf (or his mothers). That alone is rather impressive, and is definitely his best quality as a potential Smash candidate. It gives him an edge over characters like Skull Kid, Midna, and Ghirahim (the former two, of course, are de-confirmed). The main problem I have with Vaati is that he just hasn't appeared much at all within recent years. Now, this might sound a bit hypocritical coming from me, as I am a supporter of King K. Rool, who has a similar issue of "relevancy." However, in comparison to K. Rool, I feel Vaati falls a little short, and I think a comparison between the two would help explain my stance. For one, Vaati's overall importance and impact on the Zelda series is significantly smaller than that of K. Rool's on the Donkey Kong series. K. Rool is a main antagonist, the Ganondorf of his series. I think his significance to his series as a whole is enough to warrant a spot on the roster, even if he's missed some recent installments. Vaati, on the other hand, is only present in three Zelda games in the series. While that is impressive for an antagonist, I don't think it's enough to warrant him being brought back after his long absence. In comparison to K. Rool again, K. Rool also has absurd amounts of popularity on his side, being one of the most requested newcomers for Smash worldwide. Again, this goes a long way in warranting his reappearance after so long. Vaati, as far as I can tell, is only mildly popular as a Smash candidate. He could be left out and there wouldn't be a massive amount of backlash. On the flip side of things, his inclusion could raise the question of "who's that?" (Then again, I don't think that matters too much, as we've already seen a couple of newcomers who evoked that kind of response).

So, I just think that while Vaati has justifications to be on the Smash roster, and would be my choice if it was left entirely up to my personal preference, I think he's a bit dated to be on the roster, and I don't think he's big enough to justify a return, or being included over other possible Zelda characters. There's also the perfectly good chance we just won't get a Zelda newcomer this time, so... Yeah.

Also, I'm aware of Minish Cap being on 3DS Virtual Console, but I don't know if that really makes a significant impact. If you believe it does, and have reasons for why it does, I'm all ears.
When comparing K.Rool to Vaati, I would even agree that K.Rool deserves to be in more than Vaati, as he's the major villain of the franchise. However, Vaati has appeared more recently than K.Rool, appearing in September of 2011 in 4 Swords Anniversary Edition, which seems to be treated as it's own game, so he has appeared more recently than most people would think, his popularity is indeed mediocre, but he does seem to be one of the more wanted Zelda characters, up there with Tetra and Ghirahim.

Minish Cap could mean something, as Nintendo seemed to advertise it pretty big on the 3DS E-Shop, but how important that is could be left towards anyones imagination.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
When comparing K.Rool to Vaati, I would even agree that K.Rool deserves to be in more than Vaati, as he's the major villain of the franchise. However, Vaati has appeared more recently than K.Rool, appearing in September of 2011 in 4 Swords Anniversary Edition, which seems to be treated as it's own game, so he has appeared more recently than most people would think, his popularity is indeed mediocre, but he does seem to be one of the more wanted Zelda characters, up there with Tetra and Ghirahim.

Minish Cap could mean something, as Nintendo seemed to advertise it pretty big on the 3DS E-Shop, but how important that is could be left towards anyones imagination.
Hmm... Four Swords Anniversary Edition, huh? I suppose that depends on whether or not something like that would be acknowledged by Sakurai. If it is, that's a boost to Vaati's chances, and I could possibly see him getting in. At the same time, it's not exactly a big, new release, so it might not strike Sakurai as significant enough to warrant Vaati's inclusion.

andimidna

Smash Master
Wow, did you guys see Vaati's want rating so far in the RTC thread?

I hope you're going to bring the Vaati propaganda you promised, ScatmansWorld!

Autumn ♫

Hey guys! According to the RTC thread, Vaati is now the 11th most wanted newcomer, beating Ghirahim by a large amount and even beating out Takamaru and Dixie Kong! I believe this calls for a celebration on how far we've become! :grin:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't know why I don't post in support thread of character that I would like to be in. Because, frankly, I like the idea and even if he has quite strong competition, I think it will be worthy to put him in. I actually speedruned tmc a very long time ago and I still have the original cartridge to play on the gameboy player. I just like how vaati is so different from ganondorf and still has a great villain design. His potential is enough for me and I think he could be a good spot for a 6th zelda rep.

Autumn ♫

Sorry for double posting but this definitely worths a bump. Check this, it might help vaati's chance:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228771-the-legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap-coming-soon-to-na-wii-u-eshop

Discuss!!! (also, I would suggest telling this in the title).
Ah, I completely forgot about this. I do think that it helps Vaati's chances slightly, seeing how it's going to be one of the first GBA games on it, and the fact that they advertised Four Swords Anniversary alot recently on the 3DS e-shop. Heck, this will even give me the chance to play Minish Cap on something other than my crappy phone.

Also, I added it to the title. :grin:

EDIT:Also, don't worry about double posting on this thread, especially when bumping it. I do it a bit more times than I probably should, and was probably about to pretty soon.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Just as I hope Sakurai knows that King K is the head villain of the new DKC franchise, that Sceptile has a new mega form, I hope he has inside information tellin that Vaati appears in the new Hyrulian warriors/as the boss in the new home console Zelda.

Checking now to see if I am on the supporters list

edit: are any vaati games for free on the 3DS?

Last edited:
Top Bottom