• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Everybody go on gonintendo.com right now to see footage and pictures (can't link them here from my phone) of the recently released Japanese eShop demo of Smash 3DS.... Try to note what aspects match up to the leak. Right off the bat I noticed that we are getting that Pictochat stage returning from Brawl as shown in the leak. I'll have to rewatch the beginning to see if the roster and stage selection is laid out like or set least similarly in the ESRB build (may not be since this is basically the final build and that was an earlier version) and other details like that. Duck Hunt hype!!!!
Really, that leak has been beyond questioning for a long time now; quite frankly, that thing is real.

MrAmaboKcorb

Smash Rookie
NNID
AmaboKcorb
The reactions to Duck Hunt Dog remind me of the reactions to R.O.B... who is totally awesome and creative. I can't wait to play as him.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Really, that leak has been beyond questioning for a long time now; quite frankly, that thing is real.
Yeah, just wanted to see if anyone wanted some more evidence for the hardheads who doubt us and to keep our momentum going I guess... But since everybody here is satisfied with the current amount of evidence I guess it's useless. Well, see you all tomorrow.

And @ Arcadenik Arcadenik , good catch in that Pictochat 2.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Never cares much for duck hunt dog but out everyone one the leak he is by far my favorite especially over the clones. I feel like he will have a unique set of moves and actually be fun

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Everybody go on gonintendo.com right now to see footage and pictures (can't link them here from my phone) of the recently released Japanese eShop demo of Smash 3DS.... Try to note what aspects match up to the leak. Right off the bat I noticed that we are getting that Pictochat stage returning from Brawl as shown in the leak. I'll have to rewatch the beginning to see if the roster and stage selection is laid out like or set least similarly in the ESRB build (may not be since this is basically the final build and that was an earlier version) and other details like that. Duck Hunt hype!!!!

Hopefully they will soon announce a downloadable demo for us too. A perfect time would be at the Treehouse Live event coming this Friday. Fingers crossed!

Oh, and I'm going to bed for the night so I'll see you guys tomorrow! I'll be sure to read up on what you all find!

And @ smashkirby smashkirby , thanks man!
I can smell it

Get the guns ready guys/girls

(After duck hunt dog gets offically revealed.)

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I hope we get a reveal for Duck Hunt on...
Technically speaking, we're practically guaranteed a Duck Hunt confirmation on Friday.

Not an official one, mind you, but the fact is that the game will be released that day; the Duck Hunt Dog, along with the rest of the roster, will be confirmed that day (if not earlier).

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
He does have the whiskers. The picture quality wasn't good.
Oh yeah? It's weird, you'd think they'd be more noticeable. They are on pretty much everything the Dog's been in. Can't wait to see a better-quality picture of him when he's revealed.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I feel like he'll be the easiest to use aside from the other veterans. Him and BJ. They won't have as much gimmicks as the others. You'll probably be able to KO the ducks too which would mess with his possible recovery and range of his moves, kinda like Robin when he loses his tombs

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If DHD is unofficially confirmed on Friday when people with Japanese 3DS play SSB4... will we get a sub-forum? Or do we have to wait for Sakurai to officially confirm DHD on Miiverse?

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Hopefully they will soon announce a downloadable demo for us too. A perfect time would be at the Treehouse Live event coming this Friday. Fingers crossed!

Oh, and I'm going to bed for the night so I'll see you guys tomorrow! I'll be sure to read up on what you all find!

And @ smashkirby smashkirby , thanks man!
You're welcome! Hey guys, By any chance, does this mean that DHD is a hidden character alongside others like Bowser Jr. and Ness?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If DHD is unofficially confirmed on Friday when people with Japanese 3DS play SSB4... will we get a sub-forum? Or do we have to wait for Sakurai to officially confirm DHD on Miiverse?
Well, regardless of how it came about, it's still a definite confirmation of the character. I'd assume a sub-forum would be in order, especially since there would have to be a proper place to discuss things like move set research and analysis.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I feel like he'll be the easiest to use aside from the other veterans. Him and BJ. They won't have as much gimmicks as the others. You'll probably be able to KO the ducks too which would mess with his possible recovery and range of his moves, kinda like Robin when he loses his tombs
I disagree. I have a feeling that the dog is going to have a weird and amazing gimmick.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Miiverse pics, you say? Well, aside from the one in my sig (which I colored later), I drew this even earlier, on February 2nd 2013

I've been commenting on it every time one of the characters had been confirmed. And I was shocked when a swordfighter Mii was confirmed, so you could imagine my delight when the Duck Hunt dog was too! And who knew, of all the characters drawn here, the one that didn't make it was K. Rool!?!

Booster

Smash Lord
Duck hunt dog...oh my dog you're real and you use wild gunman as an attack. I saw all I wanted to see from the leak. This makes up for wii fit trainer.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Anybody else laughing their a** off at hamayama on the stream? I really should sleep, but I'm afraid I'm going to miss some good laughs. NEVER GIVE UP. Dark Pit streak 3-1.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm afraid Duck Hunt Dog is not a playable character. Sorry, guys. The spot is reserved for "Duck Hunt". You play as the game, not the dog. Hence why you also control the duck.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Yeah, we need to start calling them Duck Hunt. Not Duck Hunt Dog.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I really want to see some footage of Duck Hunt for longer than five seconds. >_>

They look great though! That duck is mad adorbz.

Last edited:
Top Bottom