• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
His Final Smash literally gave me goosebumps! So much nostalgia!!! It's too perfect!!! He literally laughs at the firing squad and they all miss him!!!

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm being tempted to switch mains.

Maybe I can have co-mains, but damn I haven't been this excited about a newcomer since Bowser in Melee.
I am not going to lie, I was not very interested in Duck Hunt; however, after witnessing the glorious game-play, he is more than I could have ever imagined. He reminds me of the Banjo/Kazooie that we never had... he also replaces Ivysaur as the quadrupedal smasher.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I showed my support for Duck Hunt Dog way back on the first page of this thread, and how here he is for real in Smash Bros.! He looks more amazing than I ever thought he could be! Congratulations, DHD fans!

That Final Smash is awesome. I think I've found a new main.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The admins or mods really need to rename this sub-forum. It is Duck Hunt, not Dunk Hunt even though he's good at dunking opponents. :awesome:

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
I was already excited for duckhunt dog from the leak, but this is even better than i imagined. So many unique newcomers, it's unreal.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
"Duck Hunt Dog Gets the Last Laugh" sounds more snarky to me... :troll:
HOLY BALLS! DHD (or should I simply say Duck Hunt?:smirk:) IS IN! HE LOOKS GREAT! BTW, Arcadenik, it looks like Sakurai took some cues from you and Crusade! (LOOK AT HIS (POSSIBLE) NEUTRAL AIR)

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Watching him now, he looks so cool. I can't wait to try him out!

Oh and an official congratulations to the supporters! :D

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
who wanted to have that b**** in this game???
uuuh i think its been quite clear for a while that Sakurai likes including unexpected surprises in Smash every now and then (Wii Fit Trainer, ROB, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch....)

if he included every character we'd all expect. K. Rool and Ridley would have been in smash ages ago. Just sayin.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Oh wow, he takes moves from hogans alley and wild gunman too!!! I didn't expect him to be the full representation of the zapper games, this is AWESOME!! So cool to wake up to, and glad he has that laugh as a taunt too!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The Dog laughing at your pain while you're shot to death.

DHD Confirmed for Monokuma from Dangan Ronpa.

But that's one crazy FS, so celebrational to the Zapper-games.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Oh man, oh man, it's hard to wrap my mind around how awesome this is! Here I was expecting limited representation of even Duck Hunt, but we get that PLUS other Zapper games (and is that the zapper, or do crosshairs just appear in front of the duck as an attack? hard to tell... Awesome seeing the clay discs though!).

And all of it without animal abuse, they look like such a pair!! Teammates, like Banjo-Kazooie!

I'm beyond happy, guys! Congrats everyone, especially you, Arcadenik for pushing this character onto Sakurai so much!

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I knew Duck Hunt Dog was the perfect character to represent the NES Zapper games. I'm happy Sakurai agrees. :cool:

I'm very happy that Sakurai even included the hunter from the fourth wall as well.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Didn't expect Hogan's Alley, what others did he references?
Wild Gunman has a few references as well.
Speaking of which OH MY FREAKING GOD YES!!! HE IS IN! HE IS ACTUALLY IN! AND HE LOOKS SO AWESOME! F*** YES! AND HE HAS MY IDEA OF ZAPPER SHOT SMASHES!
How does the exploding can move work? Is the hunter shooting it from offscreen? How do you control how it moves?

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I knew Duck Hunt Dog was the perfect character to represent the NES Zapper games. I'm happy Sakurai agrees. :cool:

I'm very happy that Sakurai even included the hunter from the fourth wall as well.
THIS!
Well.. this means Captain N is a no-no. :(
BUT.
Duck Hunt is the worthiest Zapper representative.
I'm gonna have to edit my sig now. Cap-N out, DHD in.

I adore his moveset!

Top Bottom