• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Daitoryo for Smash 4 Thread. Goko; opponent wins game 4. (Disconfirmed)

Should the character be called "Napoleon" or "President" for the sake of this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Save that somewhere and use it every time you revive a thread.
Yeah, there aren't any other actual people on the Revivers.
It's like the Justice League, but with SmashBoards, and all the heroes have my face.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
As of the 800 vote mark, Daitoryo has 17 votes. Two behind the more well-known Diskun.

Honestly, it's better than I expected, since he is meant to be an obscure character.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Being 2D? That's an interesting question, though being 2-D doesn't really define him well.
Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not averse to the idea, or at least a variant of it. He could be rendered as flat, but three-dimensional, as if he's made out of paper; he comes from a cardboard box, after all, doesn't he? Imagine something like Parappa the Rapper and how he was transplanted into PlayStation All-Stars.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I take it you would like to be added to the list of supporters?

Also, please vote for him in the character poll we have going on! Link's in my signature!
Sure. I genuinely find this more enjoyable and thought out than generic D-List Mario/Fire Emblem character threads.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not averse to the idea, or at least a variant of it. He could be rendered as flat, but three-dimensional, as if he's made out of paper; he comes from a cardboard box, after all, doesn't he? Imagine something like Parappa the Rapper and how he was transplanted into PlayStation All-Stars.

His case is actually made out of Plastic (though I think it was originally made out of wood) and he's basically just a sticker on the front. The box inside the case (which holds the cards at first), however, is made of thin cardboard and also features Daitoryo.

Honestly, he doesn't appear flat to me when I look at the case.

Sure. I genuinely find this more enjoyable and thought out than generic D-List Mario/Fire Emblem character threads.
You'll be added momentarily.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
His case is actually made out of Plastic (though I think it was originally made out of wood) and he's basically just a sticker on the front. The box inside the case (which holds the cards at first), however, is made of thin cardboard and also features Daitoryo.

Honestly, he doesn't appear flat to me when I look at the case.
Oh, well then discard what I said. I wasn't aware, so thanks.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Count me as a supporter, I would be glad for this to be our true Historical Character. We will watch as the Diskun is shredded before our eyes, Harry rusts to our satisfaction, and Sukapon is once again scorned by Sakurai.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Count me as a supporter, I would be glad for this to be our true Historical Character. We will watch as the Diskun is shredded before our eyes, Harry rusts to our satisfaction, and Sukapon is once again scorned by Sakurai.
But I like Sukapon

You will be added momentarily :D

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Daitoryo is in rate their chances tomorrow. Cmon guys

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
If daitoryo can have that okami flare that i've been looking for (because sadly amaratsu is 3rd party)

Then consider me a supporter.

I love that art style, it'd be cool if he looked kinda like that. But I dunno how you guys would feel.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If daitoryo can have that okami flare that i've been looking for (because sadly amaratsu is 3rd party)

Then consider me a supporter.

I love that art style, it'd be cool if he looked kinda like that. But I dunno how you guys would feel.
That's basically what I want them to go for. Cell-shaded in a way that kinda imitates a Japanese art style.

You will be added to the list of supporters momentarily.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
fair warning: expect around < 25%
If Daitōryō does that well it'll be rank 20th out of 104 currently. Expect lower. Like a lot lower.

Even 10% chance gets it to 46th out of 104. I don't want to put you guys down but I don't think the majority of raters are going to think Daitōryō's has as much chance as Duck Hunt Dog, more than Andy from Advance Wars or a Chrom and Lucina tagteam.

Expect a semi decent want score though, but it'll be upto you to really sell the idea as not everyone is familiar with Daitōryō.

Do your best Daitōryō Pack!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Add me as a supporter. I want a obscure wacky console/Nintendo thing based character again like rob and game and watch :)
You will be added momentarily :D
If Daitōryō does that well it'll be rank 20th out of 104 currently. Expect lower. Like a lot lower.

Even 10% chance gets it to 46th out of 104. I don't want to put you guys down but I don't think the majority of raters are going to think Daitōryō's has as much chance as Duck Hunt Dog, more than Andy from Advance Wars or a Chrom and Lucina tagteam.

Expect a semi decent want score though, but it'll be upto you to really sell the idea as not everyone is familiar with Daitōryō.

Do your best Daitōryō Pack!
I already have my argument for Daitoryo typed up and ready :smirk:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Daitoryo is up on Rate Their Chances today! Please go here to rate Daitoryo in chance and want.

The OP's picture has also been updated with a better one that I found online. I do not own the image, I just found it on Google.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I really hope he's in. Important pieces of Nintendo from long ago should be in smash to show the new generation history of nintendos past :)

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Anyone wish for a watercolor design of Daitoryo in SSB4? I think that would be cool...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Anyone wish for a watercolor design of Daitoryo in SSB4? I think that would be cool...
(for some reason, I never saw this)

I think that would be better suited to the birds and flowers and whatnot. Daitoryo himself has a very clean-looking design, but the art on the cards is defined by having color splashed outside of the borders.

The Rainman card really shows what I mean. The deer and boar as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom