• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta The "Bowser Matchups" Thread

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
ahahha ok you got me. I never slept with 6 women before..... in the same room that is...... ok jjkkjkjkjkj.

I just felt like spamming so much I'd rename myself KingSpammyWammy.

ANYWAY.

Zelda isn't that hard if you ask me. Don't let her get you more than once in a running-A combo. That ****s annoying. Don't EVER let her throw you, her throws are gay. Simply retaliate with a Koopa Klaw then forward smash her at like, the most *** time ever. Witness and see the anger in their eyes after you have done so. If you can do that then I am proud to say that you are good to go. I can now release you into the jungle.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
I love taking zelda to the edge. The matchup is wierd tho, i dont have much experience fighting zeldas even tho ive won all of them. A lot of people dont know but when zelda down throws you always DI away as far as you can so you can avoid the G A Y kick from connecting. I do F-smash alot when the zelda spams the aerial kicks.

The only zeldas wit knowledge that ive fough would be Emmy, Ryoko, Wes.

Lmao after i beat Ryoko in our first tourney match, he turned the game off and switch smash disc version 1.2 to the old one. He Zeo to death'd me on the 1st stock b/c she was soo different (still 2 stocked him in that match tho).

Zelda is super strong and G A Y in smash V 1.0. For example w/ bowser you cant DI off of her upsmash or if you're next to her while shes doin it, it will pick you up. Also her f-smash has Massive sheild stun so you cant really move for a good while, plus her deadly aerial kick has way more knockback.

But in the new one you can actually DI off of the upsmash and quickly counter after blocking the f-smash. If you ever have to fight a zelda in tourney make sure its the new version. Who cares if you cant flame cancel in the new one, its still worth it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
When facing a captain falcon, say one that loves being a grab ***** (so mostly all captain falcons when not shffl'ing like mad menz) Whats my best oppurtunity to get an attack in, like it seemed when i was out of my shield, i'd get naired, and as soon as i hopped in it i'd get grabbed, i'm sick of barely beating captain falcons when i should be destroying them.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
against capt, i like doing full jumped f-airs b/c alot of them get a bit nervous when im near them on the ground. sometiems i jab then f-tilt or i'd just turn the other way and f-tilt them(good mindgame). I have invinsible edgeguard against cap that i never ever mess up lol. The back air-barrage, downangled f-tilts, ledge hopped downairs at low percentages and ledge hopped back-airs at higher percentages. Sometimes i also just ledge hop and waveland back to the edge. But the best thing i could tell you is to pick a stage with platforms b/c on FD you lose alot of tactic options you can have.at high percentages if he times it right he can always catch you in the full jumped knee after the upthrow so even jumping out at the perfect frame you'll still get hit and have no jump if you survive, so your best option is di'ing behind his throw and DI his back-air away so he doesnt chain up any hits. DI down and away from his N-airs to make it more difficult for him to chain up any combos.

Im pretty much an expert in this matchup with bowser but all i have to say that in the very end, this matchup is way too dificult for bowser. you can still get the crap comboed out of you wether you have excellent DI'ing choices or not. theres more stuff i wanted to write but i gotta go so enjoy what i put up.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
against capt, i like doing full jumped f-airs b/c alot of them get a bit nervous when im near them on the ground. sometiems i jab then f-tilt or i'd just turn the other way and f-tilt them(good mindgame). I have invinsible edgeguard against cap that i never ever mess up lol. The back air-barrage, downangled f-tilts, ledge hopped downairs at low percentages and ledge hopped back-airs at higher percentages. Sometimes i also just ledge hop and waveland back to the edge. But the best thing i could tell you is to pick a stage with platforms b/c on FD you lose alot of tactic options you can have.at high percentages if he times it right he can always catch you in the full jumped knee after the upthrow so even jumping out at the perfect frame you'll still get hit and have no jump if you survive, so your best option is di'ing behind his throw and DI his back-air away so he doesnt chain up any hits. DI down and away from his N-airs to make it more difficult for him to chain up any combos.

Im pretty much an expert in this matchup with bowser but all i have to say that in the very end, this matchup is way too dificult for bowser. you can still get the crap comboed out of you wether you have excellent DI'ing choices or not. theres more stuff i wanted to write but i gotta go so enjoy what i put up.
Boy does all this sound familiar, my friend's Captain Falcon is too strong for my Bowser to handle, I have to resort to Mario or Falco to win.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
actually he CANT always time the throw -> knee

you can airdodge out of it EVERY SINGLE time ;P

just make sure you di like upish and away

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
yea the air dodge does some good i guess ur right. but a character like capt can quickly pick up on those as well. bowser airdodge sucks lol. I will try to apply this more to my game against other characters besides sheik.

Banned via Administration
fastest air dodge in the game. but wait is that seriously possible? like, air dodging out of falcon's uthrow to knee combo? cuz like i tried everything against tapion last night (it was some deja vu ****) and nothing worked. i hav ea feeling your falcons dont know how to combo.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no falcon player i've ever played knows how to combo then
(g-reg, darkrain and isai to name a few)

bowser's di is super effective

he's a big fat thing of fatness

no falcon player i've ever played knows how to combo then
(g-reg, darkrain and isai to name a few)

bowser's di is super effective

he's a big fat thing of fatness
ya no its not possible. you cant air dodge out of combos lol. gg bowser players. also bowsers DI is stupid as hell. sure you can survive a big hit but ur di is retardedly bad for combos. if you di in you get comboed easier if you di out then you get edgeguarded easier. gg bowser players. gg.

Eggz

Smash Hero
ya no its not possible. you cant air dodge out of combos lol. gg bowser players. also bowsers DI is stupid as hell. sure you can survive a big hit but ur di is retardedly bad for combos. if you di in you get comboed easier if you di out then you get edgeguarded easier. gg bowser players. gg.
Gimpy airdodges out of knees like 24/7. Just get better at airdodging lol.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dude everything you say is so helpful, face it, Gimpy and most people here face better competition then you, just because your a mediocre player who can't learn how to airdodge out of comboes doesn't mean it doesn't work. Looks like you better stfu and learn how to play the game, maybe do a little more research on the game instead of exercising your E-***** on a message board. Shouldn't you be off trolling the Roy boards anyways? I heard they need a mediocre smasher over there as well.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
lol, calm down Kevin
in fact, the main character of the story i started in the creative minds thread is named Kevin lol

but yeah 5150 bowser is harder to combo than you think

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
lol, calm down Kevin
in fact, the main character of the story i started in the creative minds thread is named Kevin lol

but yeah 5150 bowser is harder to combo than you think
I'm calm, I just think that if you're going to talk **** to people you might want to be better or at least on the same level as them. What has 5150 done with his Bowser? Comboed a level one and said he invented a combo? GG

hahaha man kevinm opened a can of angst there its like his gimpy boner got deflated and had to lash out at SOMEONE lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hahahahaha bowser is not hard to combo @ whoever said that *lazy enough to not scroll up*

bowser is pretty terrible, you should all stop using him lol

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
5150, what you're saying is pretty much, if bowser gets hit, he loses a stock, its ******** and not helpful, thats all i'm getting at

5150, what you're saying is pretty much, if bowser gets hit, he loses a stock, its ******** and not helpful, thats all i'm getting at
and for the most part, that's near 100% true. if i get hit vs a player who knows what they're doing against bowser (like tapion does) its either a stock or im at a high percent and recovering off the stage because every decent character has such ridiculous guaranteed **** on him. tapion plays falcon so it's not too hard to do the guaranteed **** but that's the point, bowser sucks.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Just do what I told you to. CC then break the combo with the fortress. But be extra careful with characters like Peach, she has a down-smash that reaps the grass like air. Instead, DI UP with her down-smash to get out of it.

Even if you did get high damage, it really doesn't matter much. Bowser doesn't have to die until 180-220% damage anyway. Unless you meet a knee face to face. I mean, knee to face....

Just do what I told you to. CC then break the combo with the fortress. But be extra careful with characters like Peach, she has a down-smash that reaps the grass like air. Instead, DI UP with her down-smash to get out of it.

Even if you did get high damage, it really doesn't matter much. Bowser doesn't have to die until 180-220% damage anyway. Unless you meet a knee face to face. I mean, knee to face....
if you can break out then it isnt a combo. whoever is attempting to combo you doesnt know what he's doing.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
5150 said:
bowser sucks.
Guess we agree on at least one point, and its not that i'm saying Bowser can get out of everything with an airdodge, KDJ showed me that just with his DK, but its not a guaranteed stock if you get hit.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haven't you guys learned? 5150 plays people who are without error, his friends are the absolute best players in the world and he has the best bowser as well as the most bowser knowledge.

you just have to read his posts, thats basically what he says in every single one of them.

Top Bottom