• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta The "Bowser Matchups" Thread

Venom NY

Smash Lord
everyone definetly does need to get at dj's and wk's boswers getting 4th place with only double bowser at a huge tourny (mlg),next tourny imma be recording so ya gonna see how beast these 2 are

MagnuM

Smash Ace
Haha, at a recent tournament last Saturday, when I whipped out Bowser late in a tournament singles to low gasps in the background, I heard someone whisper to someone else "Yo that's one of the 0C2 Bowsers"

When Gimpyfish and I team up as double Bowser, we are too powerful to control...

Ooooh trashtalk! It's on!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Hey Stu! That was at my tourney wasn't it? Cant wait till Sid gets some vids up.

Banned via Administration
Haha, at a recent tournament last Saturday, when I whipped out Bowser late in a tournament singles to low gasps in the background, I heard someone whisper to someone else "Yo that's one of the 0C2 Bowsers"

When Gimpyfish and I team up as double Bowser, we are too powerful to control...

Ooooh trashtalk! It's on!
so you play bowser because you want to be noticed. cool.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
Going back on topic, not sure this character has been brought up or not, but I need help with fighting C.Falcon. My friend is very good with him and continuously dashdances then moves off in another direction to keep his movements random. He's very hard to keep up with especially when he can perfectly apply the knee. Help?

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Im not quite experienced fighting Falcons, but playing defense with Bowser is a good key.
Shield grabbing, edge guard/hog, SHFFL'd spaced Fairs work well..
UpB spam..
No spot dodging against a falcon with Bowser unless timed well.. Covers little distance, little invicibility frames, Slow movement.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
I did discover another strategy for falcon on my own, all you do is have undivided attention on C.Falcon. if you're confident that you won't kill yourself, you'll be able to see everything Falcon is doing and have a counter ready. Besides, bowser is so huge, it's hard not see him on the screen even if you're trying not looking at him.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You're not supposed to be looking at your character ever.. You should know where he is anyways, he's not going anywhere you don't tell him too.

Megachuk

Smash Ace
how about vs jiggly. And don't say jump off the stage and die, cuz he'll just make me suffer and save me with rising pounds and uairs.

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
BOWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jiggly is mad gay.
I prefer fighting sheik than that round hoe anyday.
Good advice.

Im still haveing a hard time VS Marth. basically if I try to recover high I get nair'ed or fair but if I try to recover low I get Fsmashed. that and if I do grab the ledge he just camps and reverse wavedashes into a fsmash if I ledge hop or dtilts me if I dont. Also should I take him to YS or FoD cause on YS I cant sweetspot and getted tipped.

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
Cause at the time I was dumb and was like "Gimpy said YS is good fo' Boozer I must constantly counter-pick.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if a marth took me to yoshi's i'd gladly accept, but i doubt i'd necessarily counter him there (depending on the marth player of course)

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
Well the angled ledges work against bowser in that they meup for a tipper, when I try to recover.

@Falco+Victory:Sorry about calling you FalseFalco its been stuck in my head all day, IDK why.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
No prob, you're not the only one.

Hmm, 2 of the 3 best edge guarders in the game going at it. I'd say choose a small level and spam fast attacks and attacks with priority/large hitboxes. you should do fine if you're a lot better than the marth

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
Nope, I aint. Some guy named Meep at an NCB.(NorCal Biweekly)
I try Ftilts but his nuetral-a jab beats me. Im also a sucker for running into retreat wavedash Fsmashes.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I dont like dreamlands sealing, it stunts my vert kills.
Still, I'd say it prevents Marth kills a lot more than it does Bowser's kills. DI is nice.

LET'S TALK ABOUT SHEIK.

It's hard for me to say much more than "get FoD and space well". What else should we be looking out for?

"Don't get grabbed" is always nice, as well...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So how many of you tried ledgehopped flame canceling?
As a means of returning back to the stage, yes. Most of the time, it didn't work very well, but against certain characters, it could be a viable way to get back. Certainly not spammable, but any extra option's nice.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ledgehopped flame cancel is great for people who dash dance a lot when you are on the edge to avoid getup attack, as soon as you move out they basically come rushing right into it lol

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
I fight Simna a lot, having known him for far too long. So, obviously:

Ness.

His moves have high priority over Bowser's it seems and his throws are as insane as Bowser's. What to do, Gimpy?

Top Bottom