• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta The "Bowser Matchups" Thread

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha well then its an honor to have gimpy helping (and by helping i pretty much mean taking over) my character match-up section hehe

St. Viers

Smash Champion
just about trying to fortress a puff...if you are close enough to a ledge, can't you just upB to the ledge and grab it? I know you have to then deal with getting off the ledge with the puff there, but it prevents being rested if you miss with the upB.

I'm speaking as a relative bowser n00b (I'm using him more and more though), so maybe there is something I don't know :)

oh, and just something I had a problem with as a Doc main... maybe I don't play enough good bowsers (I play relatively few good people T_T) but his d-air is better than you give credit for... I don't think it comes out as quickly as mario's, but it still will go though pretty much anything below it besides a sword...if you do it right (read: starting it soon enough)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Err yea why would you put yourself in a position to be edgeguarded when you could prolly use a better move in that situation... fortress against a puff is generally a no-no unless your looking at a higher percentage puff... Puff in general sucks to play against.. rack up some cheap damage with the claw if you can land it and otherwise just play the spacing game with her

Arash

Smash Lord
fortress against puff over 70% will kill unless you're on dreamland or something... the only way to avoid death is to dodge or block, and either way she can't rest you if you run in the other direction.

my only exp on this matchup is vs mango, an excellent puff player in socal, and though he usually wins it's down to last stock every single time. timing and move choice are the only things bowser can do, otherwise it's fair->rest, bair->utilt->rest, pound->rest, uair->rest, dair->rest, ugh...

stick with the fast moves though and you'll be fine. oh and make sure you control the pace of the battle, because as soon as puff gets control you'll lose a stock within 5 seconds:(

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
true that lol i dont have much exp vs any good puffs at all so i'll leave this one up to arash, washington does very poorly vs puff in general, i do have a match vs puff in my video compliation, but its just a random friendly match haha

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
A little bit more about the Luigi matchup...

With most characters, light shield edgehog works on Luigi. I think it works with Bowser too, but I haven't played Bowser vs Luigi in a while. It should work though when Luigi attempts up B from below.

Bobobob1

Smash Rookie
How do you deal with jiggly when all she does is just jump, ABA or AFA, and return to position?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Eggz i think your mario is overrated >_> hehe

Nah JK had too throw some hate at Boozers arch enemy.

Ok how about Boozer Vs. Marth

This match is absolutely the most annoying fight ever for me, my friend has a decent marth and his spacing cancels a lot of my attacks completely

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea Eggz not too many people really talk about your mario and from what i've seen its actually really nasty... that sucks man i'm sorry i take it back :)

And you know what.. my mario is overrated... people say it's ok when in reality.. it blowz lol

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The Egg?

And haha hey we like you over here too Eggz your welcome here if the mario boards reject you somehow i promise :)

Gimpy little help on the marth match-up please :)

Eggz

Smash Hero
I told you earlier, I mastered the egg like reggie mastered the johnning.

EDIT: Thanks Kevin, now I have an alternative to trolling the Luigi boards when I'm bored. =D

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dude what is the Egg...

haha yea i pretty much just troll whatever low tier board happens to have any intelligent conversation and bring up bowser... instantly putting them into a "flame the bowser" stasis preventing any betterment and growth for their character... ITS AMAZING

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well i deal with a fairly good marth, and he usually consistently two stocks me.. not so good there.. so right now it is as bad as i think

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Bump*

We should sticky this.. and prolly get some more help on that Marth match-up o.O

JK gimpy i know your busy

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
oh i did forget to sticky it, anyways i'll be gone for a couple days i might get on swf once or twice but i'll likely just take a few days off because of a tourney so... i dunno, have fun w/o me closing every thread thats ever made i guess LOL

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha i don't close every thread thats ever made.. i just tilt them off the edge if their pointless and then let you edgeguard :chuckle:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
well i am going to get to fox in my guide eventually but for now just check out the guide against the falco, some of the basics of space animal recovery intercepts are there

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha please we need all the bowser mains we can get, i'll just put like a subsection in the guide saying, if you can't edgeguard fox and falco

1. Make sure your not in a coma
2. cry
3 DO BETTER!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha... But then we would scare all the potential bowser users off :-\ i mean what if they just freeze up a little?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
We're not referring to people that are new in the game because imo opinion if your on here you must know how to play a little bit...

So yea quit the game :)

_clinton

Smash Master
You might be new to the game when it comes to edge guarding then

Top Bottom