• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta The "Bowser Matchups" Thread

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
lol, are you kidding me... 5150 doesn't look great at all... i just watched him get eaten out by a donkey... Unless that wasn't him... Kinda a lame vid...

Banned via Administration
lol, are you kidding me... 5150 doesn't look great at all... i just watched him get eaten out by a donkey... Unless that wasn't him... Kinda a lame vid...
lol LETS JUDGE PLAYERS BASED ON VIDEOS. IM NEW 2 THE BOARDS. also that was Tink. and if you knew anything about bowser it's a terrible matchup

No zords! NO!

He only posts once every other month in the Norcal Biweekly threads.
5150 is so awesomezords, I heard he can 5-stock ken, isai, and m2k at the same timezords

and did isai retire from smashzords... like... a long timezords agozords?
when you type "zords" it's pretty much self-admission that you are a failure at life and aren't even gonna TRY to be acceptable.

So your telling me that LuninSpectra and Zelgadis don't know what they are doing?
LOLOLOLOL ZELGADIS LOLOLOLLO what is this 2005?

gimpyfish said:
haven't you guys learned? 5150 plays people who are without error, his friends are the absolute best players in the world and he has the best bowser as well as the most bowser knowledge.

you just have to read his posts, thats basically what he says in every single one of them.
some facts:

1. crashman's bowser is better than mine. (but ive been learning from him so im **** close to his. last time we did dittos it was down to last stock and 126% each. he won)
2. i play the best in the mw. this cant be said about anyone on the ****ing bowser boards because they dont go and play people. kevinm is with his mommy and daddy in rhode island enjoying the beach (which actually is very nice, ive been there, the waves are pretty big vs. ct beaches) insteading of playing people. gimpy is the only one who maybe goes out and plays people and only started doing that recently.
3. i never said i had the most bowser knowledge. that's Luke, the godfather of bowser. but im smart enough to recognize my superiors and give them respect, something the ****ing bowser community has no idea about.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
lol, since when did this become a hate thread. I heard gimpy proclaiming your glory so i wanted to check it out is all... and give my opinion. But what's w/ all the hatin round here.

lol, since when did this become a hate thread. I heard gimpy proclaiming your glory so i wanted to check it out is all... and give my opinion. But what's w/ all the hatin round here.
its a bowser forum dude............how did you NOT expect anger.........

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
I dont know. I guess anger really does go hand in hand w/ any bowser player... Well ok then. Keep the war going till i'm back! Oh and since this is the match up thread, against jiggly puff predict the wall of death turns and counter with a foward a... Yea. Thats good.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
LOLOLOLOL ZELGADIS LOLOLOLLO what is this 2005
He places much higher than you, and I certainly didn't see the name "5150" in any large tournament ranking anywhere near the top 60.

All of your posts are pure garbage and I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out. I didn't even read the rest of your posts, I just glanced at it and happened to find the word "Zelgadis" in it.

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
But in the end it's Bowser bein' hurt by the fighting. Think of the baby bowsers. Do there tears sting your soul , angry Bowsers? Bowsers should be mad at Mario, Yoshi , and especially Ness, not at each other.
Does 5150 have a hard time getting along yeah but I cant disagree with him on everything; There is a lot of fanboyism on both sides of the argument.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
But in the end it's Bowser bein' hurt by the fighting. Think of the baby bowsers. Do there tears sting your soul , angry Bowsers? Bowsers should be mad at Mario, Yoshi , and especially Ness, not at each other.
Does 5150 have a hard time getting along yeah but I cant disagree with him on everything; There is a lot of fanboyism on both sides of the argument.
M2 IS TOP TEIR, at least he has a backgrond story. I will always see 5150 as a bad*** you rock son.

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
Yeah his story is awesome "I was created in a lab, the end". sarcasm intended.
I prefer the King of koopas who kidnaps chicks cause he can, more retro.

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
M2 is a "warrior" that is worse than Bowser cause of the floaty-ness. Why is he so weak in melee?
Ultimate power? Bowser has black magic, unlimited goons, clones, cool clown cars, and the most important thing in the world: The love of a son. Try that M2 no matter how many dittos you meet you cant breed. The cost of being a legendary pokemon.

Eggz

Smash Hero
lol LETS JUDGE PLAYERS BASED ON VIDEOS. IM NEW 2 THE BOARDS. also that was Tink. and if you knew anything about bowser it's a terrible matchup

when you type "zords" it's pretty much self-admission that you are a failure at life and aren't even gonna TRY to be acceptable.

LOLOLOLOL ZELGADIS LOLOLOLLO what is this 2005?

some facts:

1. crashman's bowser is better than mine. (but ive been learning from him so im **** close to his. last time we did dittos it was down to last stock and 126% each. he won)
2. i play the best in the mw. this cant be said about anyone on the ****ing bowser boards because they dont go and play people. kevinm is with his mommy and daddy in rhode island enjoying the beach (which actually is very nice, ive been there, the waves are pretty big vs. ct beaches) insteading of playing people. gimpy is the only one who maybe goes out and plays people and only started doing that recently.
3. i never said i had the most bowser knowledge. that's Luke, the godfather of bowser. but im smart enough to recognize my superiors and give them respect, something the ****ing bowser community has no idea about.
How about we judge players based on their performance at FC?

I played your shiek, which I'm assuming is your tourney main. I was playing horribly and it was still the easiest time I had all day. I even went Mario and won.

Assuming your bowser is marginally worse than your sheik, you have a horrible bowser.

Gimpy has the best bowser, and the most bowser experience. He is the only bowser player who is good enough to go all bowser in tournament and still take out well known players. He has been placing well in socal tourneys, and lived in WA, playing WA's players. (Btw, WA is ****ing ****/10)

I don't see any reason at all why anyone would ever take your opinion over Gimpy's 5150.

And last I checked, Tapion isn't good at the game, and neither are you. The Falcons gimpy has played are far superior.

The only best of the midwest that are worth mentioning are CoK. And all you mentioned was Tapion.

Gimpy plays with Ka Master, Silent Wolf, DJ Combo, Me, Mango, Ken, DSF, HugS, Knivez, and other west coast all stars. Seriously, stop acting like you know bowser, and go back to trolling the roy boards. Or come troll the mario boards, so I have something to do.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Funny how much bowser has suffered over the years with all that worthless junk he has at his arsonal. M2 has always been top tier since he was born and if you want to refer to melee im sure that any m2 main can own any bowser. Also who said anything about pokemon dieing, form what i have seen they are imortal son. If this is wrong you realize he can clone himself and just take over the world. HAHAHHh

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon dont die when they lose they faint. B**ches faint. Real men lose by getting thrown into a lava pit. And if pokemon cant die then whys there the ghost tower in lavender?
And regardless of power, Bowser is a much better crafted character. How hard is it to make a character popular? Easy, when you make him ridiculously over powered in his own universe. Bowser has a following and he always loses to Mario. Bowser is immortal , Mario tries to kill him but fails. Bowser has flaws that make him identifiable to people, but the Super Strong Badguy , now thats original. 6th graders will follow the high stats forever.

At least in the movie they tried to humanize him but never followed up on it. Bowsers comic relief and M2 was designed to sell. Bowser can clone himself too and at least trys to have a chick. IDK about that M2 he's never even trying to hook up with chicks.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
If you are talking about pokemon he is fing god teir on that game. You refer to lavandar but all some of thoese graves are there for pokemon that run away or are hit by a car. The worst is charmadars tail going out but that is besides my point. You mention popularity with the kids, what kid likes bowser. Every game he is in you want to destroy him as if he was a roach on the floor. You also mention this chick thing well if you think about it bowser stole a human girl. He is a sick monster that at this point is a true failer. One m2 has never trusted humans ever also he only would date his kind unlike bowser that has no chane with a pricess. Bowser is so weak he as to steal another guys girl. Finnaly you use the words crafted and immotal, wtf he is nothing but a homo turtle that just wants to see mario every now and then. M2 > bowser

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
this topic goes back to being about matchups from this point out, if the next posts aren't not in reference to matchups i'll hand out spam warnings

How about we judge players based on their performance at FC?

I played your shiek, which I'm assuming is your tourney main. I was playing horribly and it was still the easiest time I had all day. I even went Mario and won.

Assuming your bowser is marginally worse than your sheik, you have a horrible bowser.

Gimpy has the best bowser, and the most bowser experience. He is the only bowser player who is good enough to go all bowser in tournament and still take out well known players. He has been placing well in socal tourneys, and lived in WA, playing WA's players. (Btw, WA is ****ing ****/10)

I don't see any reason at all why anyone would ever take your opinion over Gimpy's 5150.

And last I checked, Tapion isn't good at the game, and neither are you. The Falcons gimpy has played are far superior.

The only best of the midwest that are worth mentioning are CoK. And all you mentioned was Tapion.

Gimpy plays with Ka Master, Silent Wolf, DJ Combo, Me, Mango, Ken, DSF, HugS, Knivez, and other west coast all stars. Seriously, stop acting like you know bowser, and go back to trolling the roy boards. Or come troll the mario boards, so I have something to do.
1. if you think mw is only cok then u dont know mw. gg.
2. i didnt even ****ing know mario had a cg on shiek lol. and if you can say you were playing bad then im entitled to say that as well. check who i did well against or beat as well b4 just judging me based on a crew battle match lol.
3. lol tapion gives trail a hard time and beats him at times last time they played, and trial ***** you with his john characters.

gtfo you fat piece of **** lol

also luke is god there will never be another one of him

Eggz

Smash Hero
1. if you think mw is only cok then u dont know mw. gg.
2. i didnt even ****ing know mario had a cg on shiek lol. and if you can say you were playing bad then im entitled to say that as well. check who i did well against or beat as well b4 just judging me based on a crew battle match lol.
3. lol tapion gives trail a hard time and beats him at times last time they played, and trial ***** you with his john characters.

gtfo you fat piece of **** lol

also luke is god there will never be another one of him
1: CoK is too cool for midwest to be anything else
2: No johns. Especially when sheik is a counter for mario.
3: I main fox
4: I don't try in friendlies
5: Trail is a sexy beast and way better than me. Upsets happen, its not a completely ridiculous thing that tapion could beat him.
6: You didn't beat anyone good or make it out of pools.
7: Don't call me fat, I have no experience being called fat and will react horribly?
8: Stop making numbered points

Don't warn me gimpyfish. >=[

1: CoK is too cool for midwest to be anything else
2: No johns. Especially when sheik is a counter for mario.
3: I main fox
4: I don't try in friendlies
5: Trail is a sexy beast and way better than me. Upsets happen, its not a completely ridiculous thing that tapion could beat him.
6: You didn't beat anyone good or make it out of pools.
7: Don't call me fat, I have no experience being called fat and will react horribly?
8: Stop making numbered points

Don't warn me gimpyfish. >=[
good johns.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
*hands out warnings* good work guys, talk it about it somewhere else.

any post further than this that do not regard matchups will also be warned, spam in the spam thread if you like

Eggz

Smash Hero
Wow Gimpy, I like how the entire bowser boards are full of spam and crap, and the only posts I make are backing you, and I still get warned.

Bowser's matchups vs everyone are horrible. Just to stay on topic. Good shock factor on falcos though.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I agree there Crashman, bair edgeguard to lightshield hog is too good at mid percentages, it knocks him perfectly back

M2K told me about that and i've been using it since hah

Rose

Smash Journeyman
how about vs Samus? I find myself using up-B a LOT out of fairs and shields, and using flame at the edge (not to edgeguard, but to rack up damage).

What else works? Is there anything better to do at the edge? What can cut through her lame spotdodge and CCC charades?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you grabs da edge den you getup attack

then comes the back air, or fsmash if you are playing a scrubby samus.

yeayuhz, getup attack ***** samus after she grapples the ledge it automatically sends samus backwards
i prefer interupting the grapple with ledgehop reverse flame cancel myself, but to each his own i suppose.

D

Deleted member

What is a lightshield hog? Is it...errmmm fortresshog from lightshield, which i thought wasnt possible.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you can fortress from lightsheild, but thats not what that is

basically you roll to the edge so you are the closest to the edge possible but still facing the center of the stage, lightsheild and move your lightsheild as far down and away as you can, if an opponent (this is best applied to marth) hits your sheild while you are doing this, you will fall off the stage and edgehog, making their sweetspot useless.

works on samus grapple too, thats what eggz was sayin

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
gimpyfish your sig is amazing, especially the verse

anyway, what do you think of aerial up-B out of shield just to do around 30% damage?
- does it come out fast enough?
- does the lag and chance of missing make it too risky to use?
- would the lag make it ineffective against FFers because they hit the ground before you, or fast recoverers (i.e. Luigi) because they can immediately nair you after? or both? even if boozer FF's?
- should i just say screw it and do a ground up-B?

lol wow gimpy your sig is ****ing pathetic. jesus + too much time spent in photoshop = failure

Top Bottom