• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 3! PP Hbox M2K Hax Scar SFAT PewPewU Cort Kage - October 12-13th, 2013 - Ann Arbor, MI

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Just want to make sure - this is only 2 days, right? I remember awhile back there was talk of this being 2.5 days, meaning Friday late afternoon until Sunday evening.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Just want to make sure - this is only 2 days, right? I remember awhile back there was talk of this being 2.5 days, meaning Friday late afternoon until Sunday evening.
Original Post said:
The exact schedule won't be known until the exact attendance breakdown is known. However, plan on arriving to the tournament by 10am Saturday at the latest, and plan on leaving the tournament by 9pm Sunday (if you stay until the end of singles bracket).
Anything that happens Friday will be optional.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ike is currently 1-0 at big house

can i help keep it going?!

:ike:

D

Deleted member

I might move to southern michigan in a week or so here. Depending on where I land I'll be here.
I'm from DFW, Texas.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I might move to southern michigan in a week or so here. Depending on where I land I'll be here.
I'm from DFW, Texas.
Correction: I'll be here no matter where I land in Michigan.

If you're anywhere in Michigan and you miss this, you will regret it!

JTsm

Smash Master
I'm actually glad there's pools in P:M. P:M needs it a lot more.

SoulPech

Smash Master
yeah. After 10 years in Melee and 5 years in Brawl, I'm sure the TOs know where the skill levels lie in their region. In P:M it's kinda hazy.

JTsm

Smash Master
Well, I just say that because P:M has been treated like just a side event in this state, so it's nice to play more people and get a better understanding of where people are at.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i am only slightly better in pm than i am in melee
the difference is i haven't lost at the character select screen in PM

SoulPech

Smash Master
That feeling where you gotta poo and Juushichi one of your friends has been in the bathroom for 30 minutes who knows what they're doing :/

metroid1117

Smash Master
So, it turns out that I have work off on the 14th. Now to see how important the event on the 11th and 12th is... *crosses fingers*

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It must be a nice to be able to modify your character and the other characters so that you can be sure you're playing a tournament viable character.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
used donkey kong in tournament for 5 years
That doesn't matter. You're nowhere near being a good enough player for character match ups to have any relevance towards the outcome of your 99.9% of your matches. The reason you kept losing with DK is because of your short comings as a player, not his as a character, regardless of whatever you tell yourself.

JTsm

Smash Master
PM is not even finished and thhe metagame is still hardly developed. Its rightfully treated as just a side event.
The game is already better then brawl. wtf kind of logic is this?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
PM is not even finished and thhe metagame is still hardly developed. Its rightfully treated as just a side event.
Well, neither game is being arbitrarily treated as the 'main' event or 'side' event at this. The total number of entrants and number of unique entrants will factor into how much space and time each gets at the venue and on the stream.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if juggleguy's ok w/ it im just going to change the starter list to the bottom 7, since so many people have voiced distaste for the starter list

Top Bottom