• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 3! PP Hbox M2K Hax Scar SFAT PewPewU Cort Kage - October 12-13th, 2013 - Ann Arbor, MI

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I may be able to make The Big House 3, and I really hope I can, as it will be my first time playing with any competitive Smashers. Is there a few hour break from the tourney for sleep and such, or is it a continuous 36 hour tourney? I need to know since my parents would have to drive me, and I'm not sure if they should pick me up during a long break and rest at home or if I should just stay at the venue for 36 hours (I know that sounds silly, but I need all the details). I plan on entering both Melee and Project M singles.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I may be able to make The Big House 3, and I really hope I can, as it will be my first time playing with any competitive Smashers. Is there a few hour break from the tourney for sleep and such, or is it a continuous 36 hour tourney? I need to know since my parents would have to drive me, and I'm not sure if they should pick me up during a long break and rest at home or if I should just stay at the venue for 36 hours (I know that sounds silly, but I need all the details). I plan on entering both Melee and Project M singles.
You won't have to be at the venue anytime before 10am or anytime after 11pm.

I'm not finalizing a schedule for Melee Singles and PM Singles until registration closes, but you should plan on being here on both days regardless.

Check the Housing section in the original post for details on where to stay over the weekend.

metroid1117

Smash Master
All right, thanks. I'll let my parents know, and I'll see if I can go.
I hope they let you go. Honestly, it might look really pricy and dangerous from a parental standpoint (~$40 just to play video games with strangers from online?), but these kind of huge events give you an experience you can't find anywhere else. As someone whose first tournament was MLG Chicago 2006, I can assure you that this will on a totally different level from the local tournaments that you usually see.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Still looking for a way to go to this, ticket prices to Michigan are pretty bleh, but Baltimore and Chicago are fantastic. So if people are carpooling from there, do you have room for one other? And if so how much?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Still looking for a way to go to this, ticket prices to Michigan are pretty bleh, but Baltimore and Chicago are fantastic. So if people are carpooling from there, do you have room for one other? And if so how much?
I think Wobbles did the same thing last year -- he flew into Chicago then carpooled with MattDotZeb to Michigan. I recommend joining the Chicago-Land Melee Facebook group and asking people there.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
And we're back! Unfortunately http://umsmash.com is down, meaning registration is impossible at the moment. Juggleguy is hard at work trying to implement a solution, so please bear with us.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
To add onto what Strong Bad said: our site www.umsmash.com has been down since Monday morning and I'm still working with my host to resolve the issue. If this isn't fixed by the end of tomorrow, look for a temporary alternative registration page hosted elsewhere. I'll continue to update everyone as soon as I know more.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Man, **** whoever is DDOS'ing our community. I'm glad that you're so resourceful and organized, Juggleguy - any lesser TO would've been crippled by this, but you and your staff just keep on planning. Keep up the good work!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm debating about coming to this. Robin is there a fee for spectating? Because that is what I might do.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Our site was being DDoS'd by the same source that was attacking Smashboards, AllisBrawl, and Project M. Earlier this week Smashboards implemented a new solution involving Cloudflare that blocked the attack, but since I don't have the same resources, I couldn't do anything about UM Smash being down. Earlier today, the DDoS attacks stopped for all four of our sites. I don't know why, but I'm working with AlphaZealot to discuss possible long-term backup plans in the event of more attacks.

With that said, www.umsmash.com is back up for the time being, and registration is available once again there. More site downtime could feasibly occur at any moment, so like I've said before, please register as soon as possible. Worst case scenario you'll have to use the backup registration page if UM Smash goes down again. I'll keep a close eye on the situation throughout the next few days.

NoPrisoners

Smash Rookie
Is anyone looking for a teammate for melee? I'm a mid-level fox/puff player. My puff generally works better in teams than my fox but I can do either.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Juggleguy, is there a list of the first 30 attendees? I registered a lot later than last year so I doubt I'll get a shirt, but one can hope >.>.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Here are the first 25 registrants that got a free Big House 3 t-shirt:

1. BloodyJoker
  2. 401k
  3. BLiu
  4. Apasher
  5. Butch G
  6. CTL
  7. worst
  8. roki
  9. PM | Strong Bad
  10. DtJ Jungle
  11. OXY | TheCrimsonBlur
  12. blinK
  13. Garzal
  14. Lanceinthepants
  15. Nintendude
  16. zbet
  17. .Dempt
  18. Rusty Shacklefurd
  19. Dio Brando
  20. j00t
  21. VGBC | GimR
  22. clowsui
  23. Doomblaze
  24. Aceplayer
  25. Scythe

You were #53, metroid. Looks like registration moved a lot faster this year :p

Tesla_Coil

Smash Cadet
Would anyone be interested in teaming for P:M? I'm new to the tournament scene (this will be my 2nd tourny) but I'd like to try playing doubles. My Smash tag is Tesla Coil, and I main Wario.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Yesssssssss, I've always wanted to meet you :).

Also, 2.1 Ike was ridiculous and I'm probably going all Charizard in bracket lol, I doubt I can win this year >.>. I'm betting on Hungrybox, Oro, or Strong Bad to win this time.

Top Bottom