• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
Are there any plans on adding support for the character-Stage Collision Detecion Squares? It would make for easier Waveland-practice!

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Achilles, may I suggest you add some of these competitively viable stage mods:

MK Classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWt2y4aDiS8
download: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8C5yfu_VjgxVUN1ZkIteGVfRHc/edit

Mushroom Kingdom Falls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScEx6hFB0_4
download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u7sl3sk4hv4bc08/GrI2+-+MKNew.dat

Metal Mushroom Kingdom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zYKHcYxNOo
download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jtidq7ryeilofis/MushroomKingdom.rar

Also I know you are planning on adding more PAL characters which is great! I think the most important ones would be ganon, yoshi and mario.

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Hey achilles would putting that taunt cancelling code in the next update be a good idea? Like maybe you could enable/disable it with an option the the debug menu.

This is partially because it's awesome and also partially because I keep having to manually put it in all the new dols you release lol.

Oh yeah and for some reason or another, fox doesn't slide whenever he taunts with the taunt cancel code, so he can't do it. Not sure if that's possible to fix.

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
I got you.

Trophy Gallery/Lottery/Collection Screens Never Load (1.02) [Achilles]
Version ── DOL Offset ────── Hex to Replace ──────────
1.02 ────── 0x229ffc ──── 4bf77745 -> 60000000 ────
───────── 0x22a018 ──── 4bf77729 -> 60000000 ────
───────── 0x22a034 ──── 4bf7770d -> 60000000 ────

It will be in the next update. Those are the offsets if you want to change it on your current ISO.
works flawlessly. good idea to just let nothing happen.
maybe the same procedure for the language switch as long as japanese is buggy?

+1 for taunt cancelling debug menu toggle!

Last edited:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
achilles can you add a debug menu feature to the next 20XX release that allows you to disable white marth?

it is equally acceptable if the setting just takes away all of white marth's hitboxes.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Why does setting the language to Japanese cause problems, anyway?
Because some of the Japanese files were used as file replacements for 20XX things. (Hacked stage select, hacked CSS, poke alt, other stages, etc. )
Hey achilles would putting that taunt cancelling code in the next update be a good idea? Like maybe you could enable/disable it with an option the the debug menu.

This is partially because it's awesome and also partially because I keep having to manually put it in all the new dols you release lol.

Oh yeah and for some reason or another, fox doesn't slide whenever he taunts with the taunt cancel code, so he can't do it. Not sure if that's possible to fix.
I was initially going to just permanently add in taunt Cancelling, but I read something awhile back that said someone could use it to ledge hog or something weird. So I didn't put it in. But I guess it would at least be a good thing for a toggle.
achilles can you add a debug menu feature to the next 20XX release that allows you to disable white marth?

it is equally acceptable if the setting just takes away all of white marth's hitboxes.
Lol. I was thinking more along the lines of disabling Peach's DSmash entirely. Or....giving it a "damage yourself" property.
works flawlessly. good idea to just let nothing happen.
maybe the same procedure for the language switch as long as japanese is buggy?

+1 for taunt cancelling debug menu toggle!
I'll see if I can do it for the language menu as well when I get a chance.

I started cooking up something on my flight earlier this evening for CPU teching. I'll try and post it later when I get back to the hotel so you guys can test.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
So I was practicing in 20XX and started thinking, what if instead of having CPUs hold shield and attacking them to get used to the timings with hitlag, as opposed to practicing things in empty air, why not just make attacks always have hitlag, whether they connect or not? I think it would be a cool debug menu toggle, if it's possible.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Loving 3.02! I'm sharing this mod with some buddies and I'm wondering if there's an updated infographic for 3.02 button shotcuts (like there was for 2.0, etc)? I plan to print it out and pass it around so they can have it handy when they go back home and train.

Please and Thanks in advance.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So here is what I came up with after messing with teching stuff today.
Code:
All CPUs Randomize Tech Options (1.02) [Achilles]

C2098A1C 0000000B
89DD0678 1DCE0E90
3DE08045 61EF3088
7DEF702E 2C0F0001
40820034 3DE0804D
89EF5F91 2C0F0055
4080000C 388000C7
48000020 2C0F00AA
4080000C 388000C8
48000010 388000C9
48000008 7FC4F378
60000000 00000000
C2098714 00000008
89DE0678 1DCE0E90
3DE08045 61EF3088
7DEF702E 2C0F0001
4082001C 3DE0804D
89EF5F90 2C0F00E0
4080000C 38600001
48000008 38600000
60000000 00000000
Test it out!

Loving 3.02! I'm sharing this mod with some buddies and I'm wondering if there's an updated infographic for 3.02 button shotcuts (like there was for 2.0, etc)? I plan to print it out and pass it around so they can have it handy when they go back home and train.

Please and Thanks in advance.
No, there is not an up to date one at the moment. You'll have to just direct them to the main post. You could make one though (!!!)
So I was practicing in 20XX and started thinking, what if instead of having CPUs hold shield and attacking them to get used to the timings with hitlag, as opposed to practicing things in empty air, why not just make attacks always have hitlag, whether they connect or not? I think it would be a cool debug menu toggle, if it's possible.
Sounds weird. Would the start frame of hitlag just be randomized or how would that work? It's may be a feasible thing to code but idk about the practicality.

CeLL

Smash Lord
So here is what I came up with after messing with teching stuff today. Sounds weird. Would the start frame of hitlag just be randomized or how would that work? It's may be a feasible thing to code but idk about the practicality.
Didn't think about that. Theoretically the timing from the start of an aerial to the L-cancel input, etc., is the same regardless of when the hitlag occurs, though (with the exception of sex kicks, since they have more hitlag at the start than later, right), so it could just be on the first frame of the move.

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
When i try to run it it keeps on saying that it can't pick up the USB i put in the right port but it still won't come up. How do i fix this?

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
I searched and couldn't find an answer to this.

Is it possible to disable the random CPU DI and set it back to normal? I didn't see an option for it and don't think it's possible but I just wanted to ask.

Thanks much for this Achilles. The l-cancel color notifiers are helping me so much. This is pretty frivolous and would probably be difficult, but I was thinking about trying to code a mod that would make you flash yellow during the frames in which you should be l-cancelling, so you're flashing I guess 7 frames before hitting the ground up until impact.

This seems like it would be almost impossible since it would take an impractical amount of code to determine when you're 7 frames from the ground. Then again, it's possible the majority of this functionality already exists in the routine that checks for l-cancelling during the 7 frame window. I really don't know enough about how the game checks for l-cancelling so wanted to ask how practical you think it would be.

Thanks again for the fantastic work and re-igniting my reverse engineering / programming flame.

CeLL

Smash Lord

Is it possible to disable the random CPU DI and set it back to normal? I didn't see an option for it and don't think it's possible but I just wanted to ask..
Only P2 has special DI. Set the AI to a different slot and it will be normal.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Only P2 has special DI. Set the AI to a different slot and it will be normal.
Is it possible to accomplish this in training mode, or is there a way to make the training mode bot think it's player 3?

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice

Is it possible to disable the random CPU DI and set it back to normal? I didn't see an option for it and don't think it's possible but I just wanted to ask.

Thanks much for this Achilles. The l-cancel color notifiers are helping me so much. This is pretty frivolous and would probably be difficult, but I was thinking about trying to code a mod that would make you flash yellow during the frames in which you should be l-cancelling, so you're flashing I guess 7 frames before hitting the ground up until impact.

This seems like it would be almost impossible since it would take an impractical amount of code to determine when you're 7 frames from the ground. Then again, it's possible the majority of this functionality already exists in the routine that checks for l-cancelling during the 7 frame window. I really don't know enough about how the game checks for l-cancelling so wanted to ask how practical you think it would be.

Thanks again for the fantastic work and re-igniting my reverse engineering / programming flame.
I'm assuming that on the frame you land the game instantly checks if you have pressed L/R/Z in the last 7 frames. I don't think the game can't tell before you hit the ground whether or not you're close enough to l cancel.

It's either that or if you press L/R/Z while in an aerial animation, for the next 7 frames if you land then the game will cut your lag in half.

Last edited:

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming that on the frame you land the game instantly checks if you have pressed L/R/Z in the last 7 frames. I don't think the game can't tell before you hit the ground whether or not you're close enough to l cancel.

It's either that or if you press L/R/Z while in an aerial animation, for the next 7 frames if you land then the game will cut your lag in half.
I assume it's the first of your suggestions. If your second suggestion were correct you could hit L/R/Z anytime after an aerial while still in the air and cut the landing lag. The 7 frame timing wouldn't matter in that case. I think the first one is right though.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Are there any plans on adding support for the character-Stage Collision Detecion Squares? It would make for easier Waveland-practice!
Errr... assuming you mean the Environment Collision Boxes (ECB), you can just go into the Debug Menu, set the mode to Develop, and start a match. That will put you in "true" debug mode, where you can toggle ECB displays, among many other things.

Last edited:

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
I assume it's the first of your suggestions. If your second suggestion were correct you could hit L/R/Z anytime after an aerial while still in the air and cut the landing lag. The 7 frame timing wouldn't matter in that case. I think the first one is right though.
But you can press L/R/Z anytime after you use in aerial, as long as you land within 7 frames of pressing it it will count. In fact you can mash them and it will still L cancel.

The second sounds more likely to me since it's not checking if you have already done something, but is checking if you will land within a certain amount of time,

Last edited:

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
Errr... assuming you mean the Environment Collision Boxes (ECB), you can just go into the Debug Menu, set the mode to Develop, and start a match. That will put you in "true" debug mode, where you can toggle ECB displays, among many other things.
Yeah I know you can, but 20XX made accessing Hitboxes easier and more accessible so hence my question. :) So ECB is the official name? I just took the name I found at the Debug Menu toggles on the wiki page.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Here is an older post of mine about how l-cancelling works. Having the game actually know when you are 7 fewer frames from hitting the ground would be incredibly difficult. So much would have to be factored in. Stage coordinates, player coordinates, player velocities, frame numbers of the move and whether it may end before landing, but also having to look at platforms and stuff. Or like rising through a platform and doing a move but still being able to l-cancel it....there's just so many weird variables involved that it wouldn't really be feasible.

Ray_Rages

Not even mad
Edit: Random stage music ended up working fine. Nintendont still seems to be the only way to get the blue no transform to load on wii.

Last edited:

HeyALucard

Smash Rookie
Trying to play netplay on dolphin 4.0-652 with a friend same iso same everything. We're having desync issues with the melee 20XX 3.02 pack.
Anyone know what's going on?"

Last edited:

Espi

Smash Journeyman
We might a need a new info-graphic, if someone who has the skills wants to do it, a lot of people would appreciate it. Just a luxury though, not necessary.

Last edited:

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
We might a need a new info-graphic, so someone if someone who has the skills wants to do it, a lot of people would appreciate it. Just a luxury though, not necessary.
I can and am willing to make a new infographic, I just dont want to be one of 2 or more people simultaneously making one so one of our efforts goes to waste. might take a couple weeks.

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to add a toggle to set l-canceling to only work when you light press L and R?

Smash Apprentice
Is there a good way to practice multi-shining in the 20XX pack.

Like how would I set up a dummy the could verify I'm doing my multi-shines fast enough. buffering a role or something?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is there a good way to practice multi-shining in the 20XX pack.

Like how would I set up a dummy the could verify I'm doing my multi-shines fast enough. buffering a role or something?
Hax told me that he uses the L+D-Pad Down (twice) - Buffer Roll Backwards OoS, to practice multishines. I couldn't tell you the exact timing but I know it's very tight if you want to hit them. And this is how a lot of people get out of being multishined anyway.

Smash Apprentice
Hax told me that he uses the L+D-Pad Down (twice) - Buffer Roll Backwards OoS, to practice multishines. I couldn't tell you the exact timing but I know it's very tight if you want to hit them. And this is how a lot of people get out of being multishined anyway.
I am so down to use Hax's method. So how would I know I did it right. Do I just listen for two shines before the dummy roles? or should the dummy actually get shined?

Smash Apprentice
I've been using CFG loader plus Nintendont to boot 20XX these days and I wish that 20XX had cover art. Project M has it's own custom cover that CFG-loader can download to the wii. Anyone know how to make a cover for 20XX?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I've been using CFG loader plus Nintendont to boot 20XX these days and I wish that 20XX had cover art. Project M has it's own custom cover that CFG-loader can download to the wii. Anyone know how to make a cover for 20XX?
Probably just find the PM cover art folder (most likely titled RSBE01), copy one and title it GALE01. (Test at this point). Then edit images.

Smash Apprentice
Probably just find the PM cover art folder (most likely titled RSBE01), copy one and title it GALE01. (Test at this point). Then edit images.
Tried that already. The covers have these cache files too. I tried just changing the names of those too but i had no luck. I'm also curious how the PMDT was able to make their cover automatically get downloaded for their game ID RSBE01.

Top Bottom